Seo Hyemi, The Witch

My Name Is L.joe And I Am Her Butler

 

In a huge mansion located in Cheongdam dong, a wealthy ward in Gangnam, two figures were found weeping in the corner of the hallway. Judging from their matching set of uniforms, one could easily tell that they were the maids working for the prestigious Seo Family.

One was very tall and slender. She was sitting on the floor with one arm draped over her knees. She was holding the bump on her head with her other hand while sobbing quietly. The other one was short and a little bit chubby. She too, was sobbing slowly as she rubbed her teary eyes.

Their sobs managed to catch the attentions of a few maids working nearby. At the sound of their crying, the others immediately stopped working and came rushing towards their sides.

Many questions were asked at once as everybody decided to become an unrecognized investigator officer for that day.

"Omo! Sun hee-ah! Ha young-ah! What’s wrong!?"

"What the heck happened?"

"Who did this to you!?"

However, the last question made the crowd went silent.

"You guys were the one in-charge of waking the witch, right?" Yoo Jin, the tall girl with blonde hair questioned as she helped Ha Young to stand up.

After she heard Yoo Jin’s question, Ha Young’s sobs grew louder and louder.

"I can’t take this anymore! Agashi threw her alarm clock at me again!" She cried out pitifully. The rest nodded their head in understanding as sympathy filled their eyes. They shifted their gazes towards Hee Sun, as if to say, 'how about you?'

Hee Sun pouted as tears slowly began to fill the rim of her eyes. She stared at the ground while muttering something under her breath.

"I was the first to wake her up. She told me that I was fired. Ottokae?" She began to cry hysterically while stomping her feet on the ground. The nearest maids around her hugged her to make her felt better. They cooed and told her that everything was going to be fine.

Would it, really? I mean, Hyemi’s temper was something that you guys REALLY shouldn’t mess with.

Yoo Jin rolled her eyes towards them. "Come on, she’d 'fired' at least one person a day, right? But hey. Look around. You guys are still here anyway. And you." She pointed at Ha Young. "Alarm clock? Really now? The last time I went to wake her up she actually threw her killer heels at me! Luckily I dodged it just in time. Well, barely though. Just imagine if I didn’t…." She shivered at the possibilities that could happened if she was a second late.  

Gasps could be heard everywhere and soon, everybody was crowding around her, asking her for details. They were too absorbed into her story to notice that the head-house maid was standing right behind them.

"Ehem!" She cleared once. "What’s with the commotions?" Madam Jung, the head-house maid frowned in disapproval as she realized that her subordinates had all stopped working.

"Madam Jung! You’re here!" They exclaimed in relief at the presence of their savior.

"Yes, I am. But that’s not really the point, isn’t it? What are you girls doing here? Not slacking off, are you?" She guessed.

"No way! We’re just…. We’re just…." The girls fumbled with their fingers as they racked their brains, trying to figure out an excuse to use. Some were staring guiltily at the ground, realizing that they should had resumed working instead of gossiping.

"Now, now. Hurry and prepare Agashi’s uniform! She’ll be going to school soon." Madam Jung shooed them away. She lightly pushed them away to get them to start working.

"What school? She hasn’t even see the sun yet." One mumbled without realizing. So much for trying to conceal her thought. But, of course, that didn’t go unnoticed by Madam Jung sharp sense of hearing.

"What!? She still haven’t wake up yet!?" Madam Jung frown went deeper and deeper. "What are you waiting for then? Hurry and wake her up! She might be late for school!" Madam Jung urged them to go to Hyemi’s room. However, no one made a move to go.

"We already did, madam. However, here’s the result." Yoo Jin pointed at Hee Sun and Ha young. The both of them looked at Madam Jung with tearful eyes. They nodded their head eagerly.

Madam Jung slapped a hand over her face. She then pinched the bridge of her nose while muttering something incoherent under her breath.

"Again!? Aigoo… My head… My head…" Madam Jung closed her eyes and massaged her temple slowly. The maids quickly crowded around her.

"Are you okay, madam?" They asked while helping the poor, old woman. A look of concern was furrowed on their brows.

"I’m fine. For now, just get everything ready. I’ll wake her up."

"Yes, madam."

----------

Madam Jung went into Hyemi’s room and closed the door behind her. She picked up a few of Hyemi’s clothes on the ground and put it in the basket provided. She then approached Hyemi, who was still sleeping on her bed, under her blanket. Madam Jung chuckled when she heard soft snores coming from her, from under the blanket. She lightly shook Hyemi to wake her up.

Hyemi grumbled and pull the blanket to fully covered herself.

"Hyemi agashi… Rise and shine! The sun is here to see you!" She chirped happily while putting a little more strength into her hands when she shook her awake. Still not realizing who had came to wake her up, Hyemi yelled from under her blanket.

"Yah! You stupid maids! Do you not understand Korean!? I told you not to come into my room! Should I use Japanese instead to get the informations straight into that thick brain of yours!?"

Madam Jung clutched her tongue. *Aishhh… This grumpy girl.* She shook her head in disapproval. However, there was a smile played on her lips. She cleared once before speaking in her usual, stern voice.

"Hyemi agashi."

Now, that did it.

At the sound of her voice, Hyemi eyes shot opened at once. She abruptly woke up and almost jumped out of her bed when she saw Madam Jung.

"Ah-Ahjumma!" *Damn. Caught red-handed!*

"Ehehe…. Annyeong?" Hyemi wave her hands awkwardly. "Good morning, my kind, beautiful nanny! A beautiful day, isn’t it? How are you? Have you eat-"

"Oh, my, thank you. I’m always beautiful, I know. But, don’t you dare try to change the subject. What time do you think it is now, huh? Did you forget that you’re still a student?" Madam Jung furrowed her eyebrows as she narrowed her gaze down at her.

"Psshh… Don’t mind, ahjumma! I can always leisurely walk in late. Nobody is going to care anyway. I mean, what can they do, seriously? I’m the genious after all!" She smiled smugly while flipping her long hair. Completely acting like a boss.

"This girl….. So conceited! Do you want me to tattle-tale on you to your father? Do you want to make him worry about you again?" At the mention of her father’s name, Hyemi went silent at once. She pouted at Madam Jung cutely, trying to charm the latter with her aegyo.

"Fine. I won’t tell him. But you have to change your behavior, okay? Learn to be gentle towards your maids. You should appreciate their efforts given that they have kindly come to wake you up." Hyemi snorted. "Don’t I, always?" She rolled her eyes as she replied in a duh-manner.

Madam Jung pointed at the broken alarm clock, laying lifelessly on the ground. She arched an eyebrow, as if to say. 'you were saying?'.

Hyemi turned beet red from embarrassment. She looked around for excuses, not daring to look into Madam Jung’s piercing eyes.

"Ah-Ahjumma! That’s so not my fault! She was so annoyingly persistent! All I asked for was for five more minutes…" She whispered the last part. Madam Jung shot her a look.

"Puh-lease…" She started off by imitating Hyemi’s usual trademark. "Remember the last time you asked for five more minutes? You end up sleeping for three hours straight! You even locked the door! Do you have any ideas how worried we were when you didn’t open the door……" And Madam Jung began to nag, nag, and nag.

*Not this again…!* Hyemi closed her ears with her palms, trying to block Madam Jung away. "Aish… Arraso! Arraso! I’m going! I’m going, okay!" She said before grabbing her towel and made a dash for the bathroom. If she stay there any longer, she’d definitely went crazy for sure.

Madam Jung sighed with a chuckled. "What am I going to do with this girl, Da hae?" She asked no one in particular before exiting her room.

--------------

In less than 30 minutes, Hyemi was already downstair, giving her maids a hard times. Yells could be heard from every corners of the house.

"Yah! Where’s my coat!? Do you want me to freeze to death!?"

"Yah! Aren’t you going to do it right!?"

"Yah! Where’s the car!? Get the car, hurry!"

*Sigh*

Finally, the moment that everybody had been waiting for had finally came. Hyemi had finally left for school. All her maids fell on their knees.

"Phew… That’s was seriously, the longest 30 minutes of my whole life."



----------------


A/N: Hello! :D How was it? Please leave your comments below :)
You know, I was making a bet with myself on whether i can at least get 5 subscribers for every    chapter... or not....
That's why, for this one week, I'll post the next chapter when I get at least 5 subscribers, okay? :D