The Movie Date

The Business of Love

 

 

            “Hyun Joong!” So Min was shocked to see him. 

 

            “So what are you doing here?  Haven’t you caused enough trouble?” Hyun Joong yelled at Hong Ki. 

 

            “Look Mr. Kim, I’m not here to cause any trouble.  I actually stopped by to apologize.” Hong Ki said feeling embarrassed.

 

            So Min felt so bad for Hong Ki.  It was such an awkward situation and she knew Hong Ki was being sincere.  I need to stop him before it gets worse, she thought.

 

            “Hyun Joong please stop.  Hong Ki was just about to leave.  It’s true he came to apologize.  Everything is fine.” 

 

            “Again, I’m sorry So Min and Mr. Kim,” said Hong Ki. 

 

            So Min offered to see him out but Hong Ki declined.  So Min could tell Hong Ki just wanted to leave her house as quickly as possible. 

 

            “What was the hug and kiss for?” Hyun Joong asked So Min as soon as Hong Ki was gone.

 

           “C’mon Hyun Joong that was just to bring closure to our past relationship, nothing more,” explained So Min.

 

            “I don’t know So Min, I’m not buying it.”

 

            “I’m telling the truth.  It’s up to you to believe it or not.”

 

            “Wait a minute, that‘s my line.”

 

            “I know, that’s why I borrowed it.  By the way, were you checking up on me?  You told me this morning that you didn’t have the time to see me today.  So what are you doing here then?”

 

           

            “My appointment ended early and I was in the area.”

 

            ‘Really, in the area?  I guess it’s my lucky day, huh?”

 

            “Don’t change the topic.  Are you sure you’re over Hong Ki?”

 

            “Why even ask me that question?  Are you jealous?  I didn’t think you were the jealous type.  You exude so much confidence that I didn’t think for a second that you are capable of feeling insecure.”

 

            “Me?  Jealous?  Are you kidding me?  Never!” said Hyun Joong while shaking his head.

 

            So Min was getting frustrated.  She knew she would never hear the end of it from Hyun Joong.  She decided to be the bigger person and backed off.

 

            “Okay, Mr. Kim.  What can I do to convince you that I’m over Hong Ki?” So Min asked while wrapping her hands around Hyun Joong’s waist.

 

            All of a sudden, Hyun Joong’s expression turned from sour to pleasant.  He also wrapped his arms around So Min.

 

            “Future Mrs. Kim, how about you kiss me here?” Hyun Joong said while pointing to his left cheek.

 

            So Min gladly obeyed and kissed Hyun Joong on his left cheek.

 

            “And then here, here, and here,” continued Hyun Joong.

 

            So Min kissed Hyun Joong on his right cheek, forehead, and lastly on his lips.  So Min kissed Hyun Joong fervently that Hyun Joong was left wanting more. 

 

            “So, are you convinced now?” So Min asked Hyun Joong.

 

            “I guess for now but you need to work harder next time to fully convince me,” said Hyun Joong while his face was nestled against So Min’s neck.

 

            “Yes Boss!” So Min responded while laughing.

 

            “By the way before I forget, are you in the mood to see a movie tonight?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

            “Movie, what movie?”

 

            “One of my clients invited me to a premiere night of the movie he produced.  I think the title is Playful Kiss.  I wasn’t really planning on going because I wasn’t sure if I would have the time.  But now that I do, would you like to go? ”

 

            “Oh, I’ve heard of that movie.  Sounds interesting.  Sure, why not.  But I need a few minutes to get ready.”

 

            “No problem.  I’ll chat with your Mom and Dad while waiting for you.”

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            Minutes later So Min showed up in front of Hyun Joong wearing an oversized black shirt with a large skull printed on it, really short denim shorts, and high-heeled wedges.  The ensemble looked edgy and it showed her to die for legs.

 

            “Are you serious?  You are wearing that outfit to the premiere?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

            “Why, what’s wrong with what I’m wearing?”

 

            “It’s showing too much skin.  Don’t get me wrong you have gorgeous legs, but I’m not sure if I would like other men looking at them.”

 

            “Oh, relax.  There will be a lot of celebrities there and trust me no one would bother to look at me.”

 

            “I don’t’ know So Min.  I’m not so sure about that.” 

 

            “You worry too much.  Let’s go.  You don’t want us to be late, right?”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            While driving, Hyun Joong couldn’t stop looking at So Min’s legs.  Her legs are really gorgeous, he thought.  He was beginning to regret that he drove his sports car today with a stick shift.   He wanted to touch her legs and feel her smooth and flawless skin, but unfortunately he couldn’t while driving.

 

            They finally arrived at the Sanbon Cinema.  The place was crowded with fans and the media.  It was a good thing there was a back-door entrance for the special guests.  Hyun Joong and So Min entered the theatre hand-in-hand.  Photographers were everywhere and were busy taking pictures of the celebrities walking the red carpet.  Hyun Joong and So Min avoided the media and the red carpet, but then one of the photographers recognized them and started calling their names.

            “Mr. Kim and Ms. Jung, can we take your pictures please?” the photographer asked.

 

            After hearing their names, the rest of the media followed suit and started asking for their picture.  One of the coordinators then asked the couple to walk the red carpet to please the media.  Hyun Joong and So Min reluctantly walked the red carpet and posed for the photographers.  Some of them asked questions regarding the wedding which both of them graciously declined to answer.

 

            “I wonder what would be the headline tomorrow,” Hyun Joong said laughing.

 

            “I guess we have to wait and see,” So Min said.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            Moments later they were inside the screening room and the movie started.  So Min found the movie fun and entertaining but she couldn’t concentrate.  Hyun Joong kept stealing kisses from her.  Obviously Hyun Joong was not focused on the movie.  She told him to stop a few times but it was no use.  Towards the end of the movie, Hyun Joong started touching and massaging her legs.  She wanted to stop him but it felt so good.  His touch felt so heavenly and it made her quiver.  If she wasn’t able to fully concentrate on the movie before, at this point she lost her concentration completely.

 

            To their disappointment the movie ended.  The emcee announced that a reception will be held in the lobby of the theatre and everyone is welcome to join.  So Min and Hyun Joong decided to stay a little bit for a few drinks.  Hyun Joong went to the bar to get their drinks while So Min waited at one of the tables.

 

            “Hello, So Min.”  So Min turned around and saw Xiah Junsu from JYJ band.

 

            “Hi Junsu.  It’s nice to see you.  How are you?  I didn’t realize you were here.”

 

            So Min knew the famous band since her staff helped choreograph some of their dance routines.  They also held a few of their practices in her studio.

 

            “Congratulations by the way.  I heard your latest album was a big hit.” So Min said.

 

            “Yes.  Thank you very much to you and your staff.”

 

            “It’s our pleasure.  We are very happy for you guys.”

 

            Their conversation was interrupted when Hyun Joong returned with So Min’s drink.

 

            “Here’s your drink, So Min.”  So Min could tell Hyun Joong was not too happy.

 

            “By the way, Hyun Joong this is Junsu from JYJ, and Junsu this is my fiancé Kim Hyun Joong.”

 

            “Nice to meet you Mr. Kim.  I heard the news and congratulations.”

 

            “Thank you,” Hyun Joong said curtly.

 

            Junsu could sense that Hyun Joong was not happy to see him talking to So Min.  He found a reason to excuse himself and left.

 

            “What was that all about?  Are you going to be cranky for the rest of the evening?  First, it was Hong Ki, now it’s Junsu.  What’s with you today?” So Min asked.

 

            “I told you, I don’t like what you are wearing.”

 

            “It didn’t seem to bother you when we were inside.”

 

            “I don’t care.  I just don’t like it.”

 

            So Min was thankful that Mr. Han Hee, the movie producer, came to talk to Hyun Joong.  She was losing her patience with him and she was glad their conversation was cut short.  She didn’t want to say something that she would regret later on.

 

            While the two gentlemen were talking, So Min excused herself to get another drink.  She went to the bar and got herself a glass of champagne.  She stayed there for a little bit to calm herself down.  Once she was ready to face Hyun Joong again, she took her drink and walked back over to him. 

 

            While walking, she accidentally ran into one of the guests and spilled her drink on her. 

 

            “What are you doing?  Are you stupid?  You’re not looking where you’re going?” yelled the lady.

 

            “I’m so sorry.  I’m really sorry,” So Min apologized.  She couldn’t believe she could be this careless.

 

            “Look what you did to my dress!”

 

            The lady was screaming so loud that they started getting the attention of the other guests.

 

            “So Min, what’s going on here?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

            The lady turned around.

 

            “Hyun Joong, nice to see you here.”

 

            It was He Ra!

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED