The Moments in New York

The Business of Love

 

CHAPTER 15

 

            Hyun Joong had to close and open his eyes again to make sure it was really So Min.  He wanted to make sure he wasn’t imagining things.  He had been missing So Min lately and he wanted to make sure his eyes were not playing tricks on him. 

 

            So Min saw the disbelief in Hyun Joong’s face.  “Hey, it’s me.  You’re not dreaming.” 

 

            So Min was wearing a flimsy lingerie which left nothing to the imagination.  The silky material clung to her curvaceous body.  She was lying on the bed on her side with her head resting on her right arm. 

 

            Hyun Joong approached So Min on the bed, still couldn’t believe she was actually in the room with him.  He finally believed it when So Min held his hand.  So Min pulled Hyun Joong next to him and kissed him fervently.  Hyun Joong was having a hard time breathing and his hands were shaking as he was removing So Min’s lingerie.  So Min rushed to help Hyun Joong undress and in no time they were both .  Their bodies moved closer as they and held each other’s body.   They took pleasure in feeling the soft flesh underneath their fingertips.  Each touch and each kiss was designed to send them right over the edge.  Finally, Hyun Joong couldn’t hold it any longer.  He needed So Min badly.

 

            “I want you now So Min,” whispered Hyun Joong.

 

            “Oh yes Hyun Joong, make love to me,” So Min pleaded.

 

            That night they surrendered to their longing as if there was no tomorrow.

 

            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

           

            The following morning So Min woke up at eight o’clock.  She was still exhausted but the jetlag kept her from getting more sleep.  She looked at Hyun Joong who was still sound asleep next to her.  “My poor baby,” So Min said as she lightly traced Hyun Joong’s face with her fingers.  So Min realized Hyun Joong must be worn out from days of working long hours.  She was getting worried about him and missed him terribly.  She was glad she made this trip for him.  She couldn’t take her eyes off Hyun Joong and continued to caress his gorgeous face and whispered “I love you.”

            So Min couldn’t believe she actually said it.  It was a good thing Hyun Joong was sound asleep and didn’t hear her.  She didn’t realize she would fall so hard for Hyun Joong after such a short period of time.  She was not sure if Hyun Joong felt the same way.  Though one thing for sure her heart ached only for Hyun Joong and she didn’t want to be anywhere but next to him.

 

            So Min was getting hungry so she went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.  She whipped up scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, cut cup cantaloupe, and freshly squeezed orange juice.  She put the food on a tray and proceeded to the bedroom.

 

            “Hey, wake up sleepy head.  Time for breakfast,” So Min said and gave Hyun Joong a kiss on his cheek.

 

            “Hi, good morning.  Wow, breakfast in bed.  I guess I’m getting spoiled today,” Hyun Joong said barely awake.

 

            “Well, you’ve been working so hard the last couple of weeks so you deserve a little treat,” So Min said smiling.

 

            “Thank you.  This is great.  I’m really hungry since I didn’t get to eat dinner last night.”

 

            “Oh, I’m sorry.  I hope I was worth it.”

 

            “Most definitely, Sweetheart.  Every inch of you.”

 

            They slowly ate their breakfast, chatting and kissing while eating.  Hyun Joong still couldn’t get over the fact that So Min followed him in New York.

 

            “So how did you manage to pull this off?”

 

            “Well, first of all thanks to Seung Ah because she agreed to take care of the studio for as long as you need me here.  And of course, Mrs. Hwang.  She gave me the key to your apartment.  So just like you, I have my sources too,” So Min said while laughing.

 

            “Thank you, So Min.  It was really hard to be away from you. I missed you so much I thought I would go crazy.”

 

            “Me, too.  Nothing is the same without you.”

 

            Hyun Joong then touched So Min’s face and gave her a flirtatious grin.  She knew what he meant.  He wanted her again.  So Min was more than happy to give what her husband wanted.  She set aside the breakfast tray and they made love again.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            Hyun Joong was wrong.  He didn’t end up working that weekend.  He was so loving every minute he spent with So Min that work didn’t even enter his mind.  That weekend they ate out a lot, strolled in Central Park, and checked out an exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art.  Hyun Joong didn’t want the weekend to end.

 

            “What are you planning to do while I’m working?” Hyun Joong asked So Min while they were eating dinner.

 

            “Oh, don’t worry about me.  Believe me I’ll find plenty of things to do while you’re at work.  I’d actually would like to check out some dance studios that way I can also do some work while I’m here.  Also, I’d like to call the Murphys and see if we can visit them, probably next weekend.  Depending on your work schedule of course.”

 

            “That’s actually a great idea.  Let me know what you come up with and I’ll do my best to adjust my schedule.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            As usual the following week was another busy week for Hyun Joong.  He met the rest of their investors and was successful in getting their support for the partnership with Jung Capital Investment.  He also had to attend various meetings to review proposals for new business opportunities, from partnerships, to joint ventures, to acquisitions.   But this week was different than the previous weeks.  This time he had So Min to go home to after a long day at work.  So Min could take away his tiredness with just one kiss. 

 

            As for He Ra, he had not seen her yet.  It was obvious that she was avoiding him.  Their communication had been limited to emails or through their assistants.  And for meetings that included both of them, He Ra managed to attend the meetings via conference calls.  He wondered what kind of trouble she would create next time.  He knew she was up to something and that he needed to be prepared no matter what.  His thoughts were interrupted when he received a call from So Min.

 

            “Hi.  I just talked to Christi and she said they would love to see us this weekend and offered that we stay with them on Saturday evening.  She said the kids are very excited to see us.  I know you are busy, so just wanted to check if you are available this weekend.”

 

            “This weekend is fine.  Damn it, I’m entitled to my weekend,” Hyun Joong said jokingly.

 

            “Great!  I’ll confirm we’ll be there this weekend.”

 

            So Min sounded really excited which pleased Hyun Joong.  It would be nice for So Min to meet their friends.  Although she wouldn’t say it, he was sure So Min missed her family and friends back in Seoul. 

 

            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            The Murphys house was located in Danbury, Connecticut.  They had a lovely colonial home with a beautiful pond view and a nice garden in the back.  Sean and Sam were jumping up and down when they saw Hyun Joong and So Min.  They got more excited when Hyun Joong gave them their presents.

 

            “You are spoiling our kids,” Christi said.

 

            “It’s nothing, don’t worry about it,” Hyun Joong said.

 

            “Thank you anyway,” Matt replied.

 

            Hyun Joong and Matt stayed in the backyard to watch the kids play while So Min and Christi stayed in the kitchen to prepare lunch.  Christi marinated chicken and beef to barbeque.  She also made fresh garden salad, coleslaw, potato salad, and mixed berries for dessert.  Lunch was served in the backyard.

 

            They hung out in the backyard for the rest of the afternoon.  Hyun Joong and So Min spent a lot of time with Sean and Sam.  The kids kept them occupied all afternoon.

 

            “I think your husband will be a great father,” Christi told So Min while they were taking a break from the kids and drinking their iced teas.

 

            “I know.  You can tell he just loves children and he is so comfortable around them,” So Min replied.

 

            “Tell me if this question is too personal to ask.  I know you just got married, but any plans of having children soon?”

 

            “No.  I don’t mind the question.  We haven’t really talked about it but I guess we’ll be okay if it happens soon enough.  But to tell you honestly, I think Hyun Joong is ready for it.”

 

            So Min then watched her husband closely.   She couldn’t help but admire her handsome husband from afar.  He’s gorgeous, extremely intelligent, a successful businessman, and more importantly a loving husband.  He’s got everything.  Oh, I love this guy So Min thought and gave a big sigh.

            The rest of the weekend with the Murphys was wonderful.  They didn’t go anywhere but since the Murphys were so warm and hospitable their visit with them turned out to be a great and well-spent weekend.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            It was So Min’s second week in New York City.  She kept herself busy all week visiting dance schools and studios in the City.  She mostly observed and built contacts.  She met with a couple of studio owners and discussed the possibility of inviting their teachers as guest teachers in her studio in Seoul.  She was pleased that the owners were receptive to her idea.  It helped that So Min knew some of them already since she studied dancing in various dance schools in the City before she opened her own studio.

 

            So Min also kept in touch with Seung Ah on a daily basis to get updates on what’s happening in the studio.  She was extremely thankful that Seung Ah was capable of running the business on her own.  That gave her peace of mind while she was away taking care of her husband.

 

            So Min did a lot of walking that day and her legs were sore.  She decided to make herself a nice warm bubble bath to relax.  She was enjoying the warm bath when she heard Hyun Joong walked in the apartment.

 

            “Hello, anybody home?” Hyun Joong yelled from the living room.

 

            “I’m here in the bathroom taking a bath.”

 

            Seconds later Hyun Joong was in the bathroom with So Min.

 

            “Can I join you?”

 

            “Of course.”

 

            “But something is missing.  I’ll be right back.”

 

            Hyun Joong came back with lit scented candles and set them around the tub area.  He left the bathroom again and this time came back with a tray containing a bottle of champagne, champagne glasses, and a bowl of strawberries.

 

            “Look at you.  Very well prepared,” So Min said in amazement.

 

            “Hey, I’m a good Boy Scout what can I say?  Always prepared,” Hyun Joong said while laughing. 

 

            Hyun Joong then started to undress and joined So Min in the tub.  Hyun Joong sat behind So Min so he could spoon her.  Hyun Joong started to kiss So Min on her neck and scrubbed her body with a soft sponge, starting with her chest down to her soft, silky legs.  They drank the champagne and took turns feeding each other strawberries while making out.  It was a relaxing and sweet experience for them to be tucked away and cuddle up in the tub.  

 

            Later Hyun Joong carried So Min to the shower so they could rinse off. They helped each other dry off and minutes later they were in the bedroom.  This time they took it slow and made sweet love to each other.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

            So Min was busy talking to Seung Ah on the phone when the doorbell rang.  She wasn’t expecting anyone so it came as a surprise to her.  She checked the door peep hole to find out who it was.  It was He Ra.

 

            She panicked for a few seconds and was not sure if she should let her in or not.  Eventually she decided to let her in.  She was bound to run into her anyway and she could not avoid her all the time.  Might as well get it over and done with, she told herself.

 

            “Hello, He Ra.”

 

            “Hi So Min, can I come in?

 

            “Sure. Please do.”

 

            “Can I offer you anything to drink?”

           

            “No, thanks.  I won’t be long.  I just stopped by since I was in the area and I heard you were in town. I just wanted to personally say hi to you.”

 

            “Oh thank you.”

 

            “So this is your new love nest.  Not bad,” He Ra said while scouting the place with her eyes.

            So Min didn’t quite know how to respond to He Ra so she kept silent.

 

            He Ra continued to speak.  “Although Hyun Joong and I at one point were planning to buy a much bigger apartment when we found out I was pregnant.”

 

            “Pregnant?  You were pregnant?”

 

TO BE CONTINUED