The Date?

The Business of Love

 

CHAPTER 4

 

So Min felt everything around her was spinning.  Was it the champagne or the warm lips of Hyun Joong pressed against hers teasing and probing?  She was not sure anymore.  

 

So Min tried to pull away from him but Hyun Joong held her even closer.  She felt so helpless against his powerful muscular body.  Hyun Joong’s kisses became more persistent and So Min felt her entire body melting.  Before she knew it she was responding to him and kissing him back passionately. 

 

They were interrupted when the car arrived.  Hyun Joong finally let So Min go.  But before she was able to get in the car, Hyun Joong whispered in her ear, “I’d really like to take you home tonight, Sweetheart but I have an urgent meeting with my staff in New York.  So, I’ll see you on Saturday?”

 

So Min couldn’t say a word and simply nodded. 

 

“Do-Han, make sure Ms. Jung gets back to her studio safely, okay?” Hyun Joong instructed his driver.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“Stupid, stupid, stupid!  What was I thinking?  I was supposed to end it all tonight and now I’ve agreed to see him again on Saturday,” So Min angrily told herself.

 

So Min couldn’t believe she kissed Hyun Joong and felt so embarrassed just the mere thought of it.  It was not supposed to end this way.  Now she just proved to Hyun Joong that he is irresistible.  This will inflate his ego even more.

 

So Min knew it will be a long night and sleep will not come anytime soon.  She couldn’t take her mind off Hyun Joong.  The image of them kissing passionately has been playing over and over in her head. 

 

“Oh, Hyun Joong!” she said in frustration.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Good morning, Sunshine,” Seung Ah greeted So Min as she walked into her office.

 

“I see your date went well.”

 

“What are you talking about?” asked So Min.

 

Seung Ah pointed toward the lovely flower arrangement on So Min’s desk.

 

So Min read the card that came with the flowers and it said:  “See you on Saturday.”

 

So Min felt her face turned red after reading the card.  It was not signed but of course she knew who sent them. 

 

“So, are you going to tell me what happened or what?” Seung Ah asked with excitement.

 

“Well, I’ll be seeing him again on Saturday,” replied So Min.  “I’ll tell you more about it later, but could you please get me some aspirin.  I have a throbbing headache.”

 

Seung Ah insisted she wanted to hear the details first but their conversation was interrupted when So Min’s phone rang.  It was So Min’s father.  Seung Ah left the room to give So Min some privacy.

 

“Hello, Dad.  Is everything okay?”

 

“Yes, So Min.  Everything is fine.  I have a meeting with Mr. Kim Hyun Joong next week to finalize our contract,” her father said.  So Min cringed after hearing Hyun Joong’s name.

 

“But don’t worry, the marriage thing hasn’t come up again,” her father continued.

 

“Great, Dad.” So Min replied.

 

“So are you joining me and your mother for dinner tonight?”

 

“Yes, Dad I will be home at seven.”

 

So Min felt guilty for not telling her father about Hyun Joong.  But she’s not ready to talk to her father yet about him.  Maybe next week.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So Min left her office a little bit earlier than usual.  She wanted to shop for a new dress for tomorrow.  After going through a couple of stores, she found a light pink taffeta dress with strapless neckline, gray bow, and two sashes down the front for accents.   The dress was simple, yet elegant.

 

As she was leaving the store, So Min’s cell phone rang.  It was Hyun Joong.

 

“Hey, I’ll pick you up at five tomorrow,” Hyun Joong said. 

 

“Five is fine.  Can you pick me up from my studio?  I will be working tomorrow for a few hours,” So Min asked.

 

“Sure, I’ll see you at five then.”

 

The truth was So Min didn’t want to be picked up from her house.  She didn’t want her parents to know that she’s been seeing Hyun Joong. 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Hyun Joong picked her up promptly at five o’clock.  So Min had to take a deep breath when she saw Hyun Joong.  He looked so handsome and y in his dark suit and white shirt.  So Min could feel her heart beating faster again.

 

“You look beautiful,” Hyun Joong complimented So Min.

 

“Thank you.  You don’t look too bad either,” So Min said. 

 

So Min heard Hyun Joong laugh.  She couldn’t help but smile.  Maybe this evening will not be so bad after all, she thought.

 

Minutes later they arrived at the country club.  Before entering the ballroom, Hyun Joong took So Min’s hand and they walked hand-in-hand.  So Min could feel everyone watching them but it didn’t seem to bother Hyun Joong.

 

Soon Hyun Joong was mingling and greeting their guests.  So Min tried to keep up with him but at one point she lost him. 

 

So Min wandered around the room and met some familiar faces.  After all her family belongs to the same crowd.  She knew they saw her walked in with Hyun Joong and were dying to ask about him.  But she didn’t give them a chance to ask questions.

 

Eventually So Min had enough of exchanging pleasantries.  She needed to get some fresh air and walked towards the garden.   

 

“What are you doing out here?”

 

So Min turned around and saw Hyun Joong behind her.

 

“Oh, I just need to get some fresh air.”

 

“Bored?”

 

“A little bit.  But don’t worry about me.  Go back to your guests.”

 

Instead of walking away, Hyun Joong walked toward So Min and put his arms around her waist.

 

 “It’s okay, I’ll stay out here with you for a while.”

 

So Min could feel Hyun Joong breathing on her neck.  She wanted to get away from him but she couldn’t find the strength to do so.  She then turned around, wrapped her arms around his neck, and started kissing him.  She knew she will regret this later on, but for now she just wanted to enjoy the moment.

 

All of a sudden they were blinded by a bright light……CLICK!

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED