The Suspense!

The Business of Love

 

 

CHAPTER 21

 

            Hyun Joong couldn’t explain the feeling.  He was full of excitement and was feeling overwhelmed.  He was speechless.  He held So Min’s hand and gave it a squeeze.  

 

            “Are you okay?” So Min asked.

 

            Hyun Joong looked at his wife lovingly and nodded his head.  He looked at the monitor and couldn’t believe he will become a father soon.  He looked at So Min and held her hand even tighter.  He couldn’t stop looking at her.  She looked more beautiful than ever and again felt the luckiest man on earth.

 

            On the way home, So Min called her parents.  She asked them if they would be home for dinner and that they plan to stop by.

 

            “Yes, it would be nice if you could join us for dinner tonight,” Mrs. Jung said.

 

            “Hyun Joong and I just came from Dr. Seo’s office and we would like to share with you the good news.”

 

            “Oh my, is it a boy or girl?” Mrs. Jung asked with excitement.

 

            “Mom, we will tell you when we get there.”

 

            “Okay then.  Tell Hyun Joong be careful driving, okay?”

 

            “Yes, Mom I will,” So Min said and shook her head while smiling. 

 

            Mr. and Mrs. Jung met So Min and Hyun Joong right away as soon as they got out of their car.  It was obvious they couldn’t contain their anticipation and who could blame them So Min thought.

 

            They sat on the dining table and before they could even start eating Mrs. Jung pleaded to hear what they’ve been waiting for.  “Please tell us guys, the suspense is killing us.”

 

            So Min looked at Hyun Joong waiting to get his approval to make the announcement.  “Go ahead So Min, you can tell them.”

 

            As soon as So Min told them, Mrs. Jung got up from her chair and gave So Min a big hug.  Mr. Jung sat still for a moment and didn’t know what to do or say.  His face was all red and all he could do was smile quietly. 

He looked at his daughter and son-in-law.  He could see that they are very much in love with each other.  He felt so relieved.  In the beginning he was worried that So Min agreed to marry Hyun Joong for the sake of saving their company.  Although he never put any pressure on So Min but still he wasn’t sure if So Min did it out of guilt.  He and his wife always assured their daughter that they’ve always been proud of her chosen career.  But he also knew deep inside So Min still felt a certain amount of guilt for not joining the family business.  But seeing them together like this, he was convinced that Hyun Joong and So Min are truly in love and his doubts finally vanished.  He got up from his seat, approached his wife, daughter, and son-in-law for a big family hug.

 

            “So, can we go baby shopping now?” Mrs. Jung blurted out and they all started laughing.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

So Min looked at herself in the mirror before getting ready for bed.  She was approaching her sixth month of pregnancy and she was feeling bigger and heavier like never before.   She had a long day at work and her feet were killing her.

 

“Are you okay?” Hyun Joong asked.  He was busy reading a book about expectant parents.

 

“I’m okay although my legs and feet are sore.  I spent a lot of my day walking around the studio today,” sighed So Min.

 

“Oh poor thing.” Hyun Joong put the book down.  He got up from his chair and carried So Min to their bed.  “You rest here for now and I’ll be back.”

 

Hyun Joong went to the bathroom and started filling up a basin with warm water.  He then mixed in a handful of foot soak crystals into the water.  He went back to their bedroom and carried So Min to the bathroom.  He had a chair ready for So Min and gently placed her on the seat. 

 

“Here, soak your feet here for a few minutes.  I read that the crystals can help ease the swelling of your feet.”

 

“Wow, what have you been reading lately?”

 

“Lots of things.  I’m trying to learn as much as I can.  Are you proud of me?”  Hyun Joong looked at So Min like a puppy waiting for his master’s approval.  Hyun Joong looked so adorable and So Min couldn’t help but laugh hysterically.

 

“Oh, my.  Yes, my feet will feel better but I will not be able to breathe well since I can’t stop laughing.”

 

Hyun Joong pretended to ignore So Min and focused on massaging her feet. 

 

“Wow that feels really good.  You are actually good at this!”

 

“I told you I’ve been reading up.”  Hyun Joong then dried So Min’s feet and continued to massage her feet with cooling gel.  He massaged her feet, ankles, and legs. 

So Min closed her eyes.  She was enjoying the way Hyun Joong was massaging her feet.  She was feeling the effect of the massage already.  Her sore feet and legs were feeling much better.

 

“And as an added bonus I will also clip your toenails for you,” Hyun Joong said.

 

“Really?  This is my lucky night I guess.”

 

“Yes, full service for tonight.”

 

Once done, Hyun Joong carried So Min back to their bed.  “Feeling better?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

“Yes, I feel much better.  Thank you.”  To show her appreciation, So Min held Hyun Joong’s face and gave him a long and passionate kiss. 

 

“I love you, So Min,” Hyun Joong said after they kissed.

 

“I love you too.  You are such a wonderful husband.  I can’t ask for anything else.”

 

Hyun Joong then held So Min and touched her baby belly.  “I’m sure it’s not easy for you and I’m just glad I can help ease some of your discomfort.  By the way, I’d like to visit Dong Woo tomorrow at the hospital.  I know you’d like to come but Dong Woo is still undergoing chemotherapy treatment so I think it is wise you don’t see him for now.”

 

“I know.  Just make sure you say hi to him for me please.  If you will be home late, can I meet with my mother then so we can do some clothes shopping?  I need to buy new sets of maternity clothes.  I’m getting bigger each day and I need more comfortable clothes.”

 

“That’s fine.  I’m sure your mother will be happy to spend time with you again. Right?”  So Min nodded her head and started yawning.  It was obvious she was tired.

 

“I think it’s bed time for us,” Hyun Joong said and gave So Min a quick kiss on her lips.  They fell asleep while Hyun Joong was holding So Min’s belly.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

So Min just finished meeting with her staff when she received a call from Hyun Joong.

 

“I know it’s on short notice but I just received an invitation from one of my clients for their wedding anniversary party this coming Saturday.  Before I respond, I wanted to check if you would like to go.”

 

“This Saturday should be fine.  I’ll ask Seung Ah to come with me and buy a dress for the party.”

 

“Great!  I will tell them then that we will be attending.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Seung Ah was available that afternoon and was willing to accompany So Min to buy her dress for the party.  They went to So Min’s favorite designer’s store.  They went through their collection and finally So Min saw one that she liked.  It was a beautiful satin red gown with a dramatic back design.  It had a tank style empire bodice with V-shape neckline and an A-line floor length skirt.   She went in the fitting room and tried it on.

 

“Wow!  I didn’t think pregnant women could be that y in a gown,” Seung Ah exclaimed.

 

“Oh, stop it Seung Ah,” So Min said feeling embarrassed.

 

“No, I’m serious.  This is THE dress So Min.  I’m sure Hyun Joong will like it too.”     

 

“I actually like it too, a lot.  Okay, then I’ll take this one.  Can you also call Yoo Dae Hye to come to the house on Saturday so she can style my hair?”

 

“Okay, will do HOT MAMA,” Seung Ah said jokingly.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

So Min was very pleased with how Dae Hye styled her hair.  Her hair was down and side parted with curls.  It was set on one side and was pulled back on the other.  Dae Hye also helped her put the dress on.  Dae Hye was right, the hair style perfectly complemented her beautiful red dress. 

 

Hyun Joong was downstairs making phone calls while waiting for So Min.  When So Min was finally done, she carefully walked down the stairs.  Hyun Joong was busy talking on the phone when he noticed So Min coming down.  He immediately ended the phone conversation and looked at his wife.  He was in complete awe of her.  She looked so beautiful in her red gown and felt so proud being her husband.

 

“Please stop staring at me like that.  I feel like I’m going to melt,” So Min said.  Her face was flushed with embarrassment.

 

“I don’t know what to say.  You look beautiful that I can’t take my eyes of you,” Hyun Joong said while helping So Min walk down the stairs.  “Maybe we don’t have to go to that party so I can keep you to myself.”

 

“And what?  Waste all the time and energy I put in to look this good?” So Min quipped.

 

“I guess you’re right.”

 

So Min looked at her husband.  He looked handsome and y wearing his tux.  “What?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

“Nothing.  I’m sure I will be the envy of every woman in that party because I have the most handsome ever.”

 

“Oh, we better stop.  I’m afraid if we don’t stop now we will never make it to the party at all, if you know what I mean. Besides Do-Han has been waiting for us outside.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

The hotel’s ballroom was already crowded with guests when they arrived.  Photographers were everywhere.  Hyun Joong and So Min were immediately photographed as soon as they entered the ballroom.  So Min’s pregnancy was never announced to the media and everyone was surprised to see her pregnant.  There was a big buzz in the room and the photographers kept taking their pictures.

 

Hyun Joong and So Min managed to smile.  They completely forgot about the media during events like this.  They were asked a lot of questions but Hyun Joong informed them that they would answer the questions later.

 

            Hyun Joong and So Min were finally saved from the media when their hosts Mr. and Mrs. Nam welcomed them.  They talked to their hosts and found a nice quiet spot.  After Mr. and Mrs. Nam left, Hyun Joong and So Min were approached by another couple.

 

           “Hello Hyun Joong.”  It was Mr. and Mrs. Yoon, He Ra’s parents and behind them was He Ra.

 

TO BE CONTINUED