Ch.15 Goodbye

How I Shot Kim Jaejoong

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

                “Don’t be,” he said just as quiet back.

                The end of my life was near. Not in days but in seconds. And I wouldn’t spend it anywhere else but here, in Jaejoong’s arms. Times like these, I hate that I have to leave him all alone…again.

                “If only—“

                “I know,” I shushed him. If only there was a way for a mortal, like me, to live forever with a god, like him, I’m sure Jaejoong wouldn’t hesitate to risk it all just for me to be with him eternally.

                “I’ll wait for you,” he said, and I’m brought back to all those other times he had said that to me in all my past lives. “I’ll find you again and again.”

                I smile sadly at him and caressed his face gently. “I’m sure you will.”

                “Don’t forget me,” he said as his voice shook. A tear fell out of his eye and landed on my cheek, merging with my own tear, becoming one.

                “I won’t.” My own voice broke. Even as I said those words, we both knew that once I am reborn again, I’ll lose all my memories of him and begin anew. “You just have to remind me,” I said, because even though I would forget, Jaejoong had always brought all my memories back with one simple kiss.

                “I will,” he replied.

                “I’m sorry,” I said again and he shook his head, telling me to shut up. My breath was getting heavier and slower. “You must be so tired of this,” I breathed out; so tired of me, constantly dying, of the tears, constantly running, of him, constantly waiting.

                “I’m not,” he said and I closed my eyes, savoring his voice one last time. “Because it’s always worth it.”

* * *
I have now declare these set of oneshots, complete! I was so unsatisfied with my last chapter (Ch.14), which I'm sure you all were too...if you were alive, lol jk, but it's not just that...most of the stories I've been thinking of and planning doesn't seem fit for this...thing, anymore. Plus the fact that I'm so focused on my current story and I've been loving the fact that it's going smoothly and well. But yeah, I think it's time to put an end to this. Goodbye and sorry for the super short mini whatever story XD! (Too much "Bride of the Water God" for me.)