Chapter 9

Sundae Romance

 

Mi Young's POV:

It’s strange how we meet the people we want to see the most as the most unlikely places. Right when I felt lonely and frankly, very lost, I happened to think of Min Ho. And just like that, he seemed to possess the ability of apparition and appeared before me.

“This is kind of freaky,” I mumbled, staring into Min Ho’s eyes.

“What’s freaky?” He asked, scrunching up his eyebrows.

“That you appeared when I was just thinking of you,” I said without thinking.

He immediately bit his lip and gave a small smile. Realizing that I had unintentionally told him that he had been on my mind, I quickly looked away too. Great going, Mi Young. Really, my mouth shooting off on its own is just commendable.

“So…what are you doing here all alone on a Saturday night?” He asked, pulling his cap lower over his face as some people started to look at him.

I proceeded to tell him all about getting separated from Hye Sung and even when on to tell him about Jin Young – how I thought he was a stalker but really, it was just me being paranoid. He shook his head after he heard about it and even laughed at how stupid I was.

“Wow. So you thought he was your stalker when all he was doing was rightfully questioning you?” He said, still chuckling.

“It’s a reasonable theory – at least agree with me on that.” Noticing that many people were starting to send us suspicious looks, I tried not to meet their gaze.

He laughed again and gave me a shake of his head. Seriously? Was I the only one who had a vivid imagination around here?

Min Ho suddenly stood up and tilted his head towards our right, as if to tell me to follow him. Without a moment of hesitance, I rose as well. As long as he took me away from everyone’s stares, I was okay with where ever we were going.

His broad shoulders covered by a black jacket led me through the thick throngs of people as I struggled to keep sight of him, pushing me way through the crowd. Every few minutes, he would turn around to ensure that I was still behind him.

Shaking my head in frustration when I almost lost sight of him for the nth time, I quickly lunged myself forward towards him and grabbed his hand. His hand was much bigger than mine but wasn’t as callused as I thought a man’s hand would be. It was extremely warm too for some reason which felt great against my frozen one.

“Erm,” he muttered as he stared at our hands.

“You’re so boring,” I said in pretense, frowning too.

“I-I am?” He said with a slight sadness tainting his voice.

“You’re always being so…considerate. Now hold my hand and stop making me look like a clingy girlfriend,” I said playfully.

He quickly tightened his hand over mine and held my hand tight. Warmth spread from my hand throughout my body and suddenly, it didn’t feel like such a cold winter’s night after all. Sneaking a glance at Min Ho, I found him looking back down at me, smiling like an idiot.

“Pabo,” I teased.

He turned to give me a look as he led me into a store he had come to a stop at. It was a accessories shop and Min Ho dragged me over to the hats section.

“You’re the pabo. Coming out without the slightest effort of trying to conceal who you are,” he shot back.

Giving him a small glare, I refused to believe I had to wear a disguise. I wasn’t an idol! Why did I have to hide who I was?

Plucking a random cap from the display rack, he placed in on my head. Standing back to give me a once-over, he shook his head and took it off. Grabbing another cap off the rack, he placed it on my head again but after awhile, took it off as well.

Scanning the rack, I saw a black cap with a white front and a moustache printed on it. Letting go of Min Ho’s hand, I walked towards it and got on my toes to reach for it.

“Shorty,” he laughed as he came up behind me and easily got it off the top.

Shoving him lightly in the chest, I snatched it from his hand and put it on my head. Walking past a mirror on the way to the cashier, I briefly glanced at how I looked and then proceeded to make my payment. I didn’t really care how good I looked actually, it was just to hide my face anyway.

Min Ho being the gentleman he was, quickly rushed forward and tried to pay for it but all I had to do was raise an eyebrow at him, mumble the word ‘boring’ and he instantly backed off. It was funny how he was that conscious of his behavior.

As we exited the store and back into the crowd, I noticed his hand slowly inch its way towards mine and quickly take of it. Chuckling slightly, I saw that he was extremely embarrassed at his attempt. Giving his hand I slight squeeze, I gave him a small smile.

“Thanks,” I said simply.

“So, you never did tell me what you were doing in the middle of Hong Dae by yourself too,” we were casually walking around the streets, not really aiming to get anywhere.

“I had schedule this morning, but I had time off from the afternoon onwards. Plus, the other members were all busy and I felt pretty bored at home. I just wanted to come out and have a little walk by myself,” he explained as we walked side by side, swinging our arms as we went.

In other words, he was lonely and had nothing to do.

“You know if you’re busy next time-” I was about to offer my company to him in the future when my phone cut me off mid-sentence.

Letting go of his hand, I somehow felt sad. Like our little happy time was coming to an end soon. Reaching into my purse, I extracted my phone and saw that Hye Sung was calling me. Along with 4 other missed calls from before – oops.

Answering the phone call, Hye Sung immediately screamed into the other end, asking where I was.

“I’m fine, calm down. I’m with-” I paused and turned away from Min Ho, “-my husband right now.”

“What?! He’s with you? How did he even meet you?!” Hye Sung  couldn’t seem to calm down as she rattled on and on.

“It’s a long story, okay? I’ll explain later. Look, you go on home first without me. I have to make one last stop before I go home,” I quickly told her as I took a quick glance behind me.

“Well, hurry. It’s almost eight and it takes an hour to get to your house,” Hye Sung warned me before hanging up.

Texting my mum to tell her I’d be back soon, I turned back to Min Ho. He was looking at me intently, as if to ask, “What now?”  I gave him a sly smile before jogging ahead of him, leaving behind. When I didn’t feel that his presence behind me, I turned around and stared at him. He hadn’t moved an inch and was still rooted to the spot, hands stuffed in his pocket. Planting my hands on my hips, I rolled my eyes.

“Pabo! Follow me!” I waved him over to me and grinned.

Several people turned to look at me crying out to Min Ho over the short distance, but paid us little attention before carrying on. The crowd thickened around me and pushed me side to side but my eyes trained in on Min Ho standing a few meters away. Giving him one last mischievous smile, I took off in the opposite direction.

This time, I was sure he was behind me.

Leading him up the street slowly, I struggled to keep my hands over his eyes. Gosh, why did he have to be so tall? My calves were going to cramp up if I didn’t stop standing on my toes. Should’ve worn my feet killers instead of my comfortable white sneakers if I knew I was meeting the BFG (A/N : Big Friendly Giant? Roald Dahl? No?).

Finally coming up to the doorstep of “Cloud 9”, I removed my hands from Min Ho’s face.

“Here we are,” I said simply.

Cutting in front of him, I opened the door wide for him and let him enter first.

“Mum! I’m home!” I called out to the back room, hanging my purse on the coat stand by the cashier.

Min Ho’s face immediately went into shock and stayed frozen.

“Oh hey hun! You were out-” She stopped mid-sentence when she came through the doorway and saw Min Ho awkwardly standing next to me with his eyes wide.

“Why, hello Min Ho. How nice of you to drop by!” My mother immediately gushed, coming up from behind the counter and swiftly removing Min Ho’s jacket.

Wrong move. I was blinded the moment his jacket went off; he was wearing a beige pull over with a white collar shirt inside, it’s collar even peeking out cheekily. If he wasn’t the epitome of y at that moment, I did not know what living was.

Realizing that I was staring, I quickly averted my gaze and suggested we go sit down in the corner. My brilliant mother, sensing that we wanted some privacy, told us she would bring over some ice-cream in a moment and left us alone.

Leading him to the corner of the parlour, we settled into the small booth.

“So…this is your mum’s shop?” He asked, looking around the place.

I nodded.

“And it just so happens that she sells sundaes…?” He asked again, raising an eyebrow at me.

I thought for awhile; I guess lying to him just this once wouldn’t hurt. I nodded again.

“Do you live around here?” Min Ho smiled as my mum came to place our two original sundaes in front of us.

“Upstairs. It’s not a big place, but it’s just me and my mum.” I started digging into my glass of heaven on Earth.

Min Ho stayed silent for awhile. Wondering if I said anything wrong, I realized that I had just told him that my dad wasn’t with us – something he didn’t know about. Before he could continue with his onslaught of questions I quickly asked him where he stayed.

Catching on that I didn’t really want to go further into detail about my father, he told me his dorm was in the Gangnam district.

“Oh. That’s pretty far, huh. You should head back soon in case you get into trouble. And it’s dangerous at night too,” gobbling down my sundae, I suddenly felt the need to be alone.

It was like my brain was suddenly alerted by the word “father” and it was going completely whack on me. I felt a tad of anger, coldness, and disappointment…even sadness. Perhaps it was because I hadn’t thought about him in awhile and well, it hadn’t been that long since he left us for some other lady. I simply wasn’t strong nor prepared enough to talk about him to Min Ho yet. I hadn’t even told Hye Sung the reason my father wasn’t with us. Now just wasn’t the time.

“You alright?” Min Ho asked, sending me a worried look from across the table.

I gave him a small smile and tried my best to act normal in front of him until he left.

“I just wanted to bring you here to try out our ice-cream sundaes. And meet my mum. Gosh, she’s been piping on about you for days,” scooping the last of my own sundae, I tried not to meet his eyes.

“But I’m not feeling very well now, so…” I drifted off, finally raising my eyes to look at him.

For a moment we just stared at each other and I knew that he wanted to say so much more to me but knew now wasn’t the time. Well, it was mutual.

“I guess I’ll take my leave then. You rest up, okay? And thank you so much for the ice-cream, it was great.” He slid out from the booth and prepared to leave.

Following him to the cashier, he attempted to pay for his ice-cream but after a few more times of refusing and using the words ‘boring’; ‘annoying’; ‘too considerate’, he finally gave in and let it go. Retrieving his jacket from the coat stand where it hung limply next to mine, he quickly gave my hand a quick squeeze and a sad smile before turning to leave.

“Min Ho-oppa!” I called out to him, stopping him as he pushed open the front door.

He turned to look at me.

“Everything today…thank you. For somehow finding me…I was very happy,” fiddling with my wool cardigan’s hem, I mumbled out.

“Mi Young ah,” he said. I raised my head slowly to look at him reluctantly.

“Anytime.”

With that, my husband –virtual or not – exited the parlour and disappeared into the darkness of the winter night.

 


A/N: 

Hey guys! Sorry for the long delay :-( I had bad writer's block. :x

Anyway, alot of Min Ho/Mi Young action going on in this chapter! Very fun to write. :') I hope you guys enjoyed the cheesiness, yeah? haha!

Also, thank you very much to

missmei

Siblings-Curse

for suscribing! You guys made me sit up and quickly start writing.

Also, I'll be overseas for 3 weeks starting today so updates won't come until...after christmas? :0 I'm SO VERY SORRY BUT PLEASE CONTINUE SUPPORTING MY STORY ANDDDD. don't kill me. ._.

Comment. Suscribe. Whatever you want to do.

xo

PS. merry early christmas from Min Ho(hohoho)! ;))

PPS. PLEASE DON'T ABANDON THIS STORY WHILE I'M GONE. HERE, AB-FLASHH AS BRIBERY.