Chapter 6

Sundae Romance

 

Min Ho's POV:

"One, two and three and four!" Taemin counted aloud.

 

My body reacted instantly to his counting and followed his lead. 

 

"I'm so curious yeah~" The stereo boomed.

 

After practicing our comeback song a thousand times, Taemin managed to persuade the rest of us to go through some of our previous routines. Although it was nearly impossible to forget any of our past dances, it was possible to make slight errors under the intense gaze of hundreds of fans during live performances. And we weren't about to take the risk.

 

Half way through the second chorus, a slight knock interrupted us. Taemin immediately went to turn off the stereo, wiping his sweat on a towel nearby. The rest of us made a mad dash to straighten out our hair and clothes. Jonghyun raced to put a button down denim shirt over his wife beater and Key slipped on his studded jacket. Onew and I weren't so fussy about appearance so we just grabbed our sweaters and dried our faces.

 

"Who's there!" Taemin called out since he was done.

 

Quite a no-brainer question. It was obviously the producers; we had cleaned up for them after all. He whipped open the door and cried out in surprise. Inciting curiosity in the rest of us, we all trailed after him.

 

"Who is it?" Key asked, peering over Taemin's shoulder.

 

"Package! Package!" Onew shouted, punching the air with his fist.

 

"Eh for us? Who left it here?" Taemin cautiously picked it up.

 

The camera men all beckoned for us to go into the studio; it must have been crowded outside. Trailing behind the group, I kept quiet as the rest went crazy with excitement.

 

"Suspicious package," Jonghyun joked, making the other three laugh.

 

As they continued to joke and guess what was inside the package, I picked it off the ground where it had been long forgotten by Taemin.

 

"Dummys," I laughed sinisterly, ripping the silver wrapping of the box.

 

The package turned out to be an A4 sized rectangular cardboard box with 'SHINee' scribbled across the lid. Carefully lifting the top off the box, I laughed when all I found was a letter and a cue card.

 

"Hey! He opened it without us!" Key said, quickly coming over to me.

 

The three other idiots followed, finally realizing that I had already opened the package. Jonghyun immediately reached over and grabbed the cue card from the box, Key taking possession of the letter.

 

"Wait, stop!" Taemin said, slapping Key's hand as he was about to open the letter.

 

"Read the cue card first. This letter was sealed for a reason," he continued.

 

"Fine. Jjong! Hurry!" Key gave in but nagged at Jonghyun to hurry up and read what the cue card said.

 

"Hello, SHINee! Dazzling boys that charm all the noonas with their pretty faces and lovely voices, one of you guys have been chosen!" Jonghyun gave a dramatic pause and turned to smile at the rest of us who had gathered around him in a circle.

 

"Chosen for what? The newest 'We Got Married' spin-off, "Sundae Romance"! Congratulations, from now on, one of you will be having a virtual wife! But because this show's a little different, here's the twist : Your wife won't be a celebrity. Whether you guys will work out and become Korea's most envied couple...or not, it's all up to you and your wife now! Good luck, ______!" Jonghyun finished.

 

There was a piece of white paper pasted over the last word, which was most likely hiding the name of who was going to be in the show. 

 

"Peel the paper off!" Key shouted in anticipation.

 

Jonghyun lifted the cue card close to his face and peeled the paper off slowly from one corner. The rest of us stared at him, nervous yet excited. Who was it? Everyone was mentally asking the same thing.

 

"Almost..." Jonghyun mumbled, lifting off but by bit until he had seen enough.

 

"YA! UNFAIR!" He suddenly shouted, throwing the cue card on the ground.

 

He crossed his arms in frustration and stood up. Onew was nearest to the cue card so he picked it up and read the name as well.

 

"CONSPIRACY! YAH, CHOI MINHO! YOU HAPPY?" Onew threw the card on the ground as well, standing up and throwing his arms around Jonghyun dramatically.

 

Me? 

 

ME?!

 

I made a mad grab for the card and yanked the paper off the card forcefully.

 

Choi Minho.

 

Printed out in bold; big and clear for all to see. 

 

"Knew it!" Key cried out as well, joining the older guys in their group hug.

 

Only Taemin came over to read the card again with me.

 

"Hyung, congratulations! You're married!" He chuckled, slinging an arm casually around my neck.

 

I was too stunned before to say anything but now that reality had started to settle in, I finally realized what I was in for.

 

"Is this from my wife then?" I asked the cameramen who had been silently filming us until now.

 

One of them nodded and told me to read it. The other three finally admitted defeat and rejoined us as I opened the letter gently, trying not to rip the envelope. I didn't feel like reading the heartfelt letter out on national television so I read in quietly in my mind. The other four who were being particularly nosy, peered over my shoulder and read it as well.

 

"Hyung!" Taemin interrupted me just as I started reading the letter.

 

"She gave you money," he pressed a small coin into my hand.  "It was in the envelope too."

 

I looked down and saw that it was an American penny with a little black heart shape drawn on the back with marker.

 

"Is she from America then?" Jonghyun asked as Onew tried repeatedly to say "Here's a penny" in the best American accent he could muster.

 

 No, he did not succeed.

 

"I guess so..." I said, fiddling with the penny as I continued reading the letter.

 

After reading and re-reading the letter, I found out she was from the States, couldn't write Hangul and probably had no idea the band I belonged to existed. Also, she had a sense of humour and seemed...different somehow.

 

"Your wife doesn't know us," Onew stated simply after that.

 

"Kill me now," Jonghyun said dramatically, plunging an imaginary knife into his chest.

 

"She seems like the kind who doesn't really care about the entertainment industry," Key said, unhappy that all the attention was on this girl. He must've felt intimidated by her sudden appearance.

 

"I think she's cute," Taemin paused for awhile, "-and funny."

 

Regardless of whether she knew about SHINee; whether she was quite the oblivious kind; or whether she was cute and funny; she was my wife.  That's right, I, Choi Minho, am a married man as of today.

 

***

Mi Young's POV : (A/N : I'VE MISSED HER. ;__;)

 

See, I usually have absolutely no issues with punctuality. So it surprised me that I woke up an hour late on the very morning of my first filming, and that I was rushing like a mad horse downtown, just so I wouldn't exceed being late for 10 minutes. As I jumped up and down in my bus seat and willed the damn thing to move faster, my mind made sure that I had done all my necessary preparations that morning. Brushed my teeth, shaved, put on some light make-up... It was amazing how I managed to leave the house in 13 minutes flat.

 

When the bus finally pulled up at the building they had told me to report to, I leapt off the bus and made a dash for it. The fact that I had bothered to wear a pair of heels today weren't really helping as I struggled not to trip over in my 4-inched towers. I had no freaking idea how female idols danced in stilettos. 

 

Taking two steps at a time up the appointed building's stairs, I finally made it to the glass door that had "#02-06" printed on it. I checked my wrist watch and found that I was currently 6 minutes late. Quickly straightening out my floral dress and coat, I knocked on the door and entered.

 

"Mi Young, you came! I was worried that you would lose your way," Ms Jung said when I entered. She had her cell phone in hand and a Bluetooth device attached to her ear.

 

She waved a girl over from nearby and pointed at me before starting to talk into her earpiece again.

 

"Annaehasaeyo, Bong Hyun Seul imnida." She said shyly, extending her hand.

 

I introduced myself and shook her hand politely, puzzled by this girl's identity.

 

"From today onwards, I'll be your stylist. Before every recording, you will report here and get your hair and make-up done before we proceed to the filming site."

 

Only then did I realize that this was actually an apartment turned beauty salon. There were a few mirrors and chairs, basins to wash hair, and racks of clothing. She gestured for me to take a seat on one of the chairs before putting one of those "cloaks" over my body to keep me clean.

 

"Hmm, I think your hair color is good as it is. But because it's your first meeting, I hear it's going to be quite grand. Your hair, make-up, clothes must be...first class." She said with finality.

 

I just stared at her with wide eyes and nodded diligently.

 

Somehow I felt like she was going to give me a complete make-over because what I had on was simply not...first class.

 

***

 

After an arduous an hour and a half complete make-over, she finally deemed me acceptable for national television. The most time was spent on my hair as she had braided the top in two lace braids joining together on one side into a normal braid.

 

She said I already had a naturally good complexion and very sharp features. All she had to add was some eye make-up and some lipstick for my lips.

 

Hyun Seul also put me into a red lace dress that was strapless and stopped mid-thigh. It was pretty the way it hugged my torso but flared out at my hips. I honestly wish I could keep it after filming but Hyun Seul told me that I had to try and keep it clean because all the clothes were sponsored and had to be returned.

 

Darn.

 

"Well, don't you look beautiful," Ms Jung gushed when I was ready to go.

 

I gave a little spin in my black stilettos Hyun Seul had agreed to let me leave on.

 

"Hyun Seul is amazing," I said shyly. It really was thanks to her that I looked the way I did.

 

Ms Jung gave Hyun Seul a knowing smile before leading the both of us down the stairs and out of the building where a car was waiting for us. 

 

The drive to our filming site was quiet. Ms Jung and Hyun Seul made casual conversation with me like what my mother did, how were my results etc. I was surprised to learn that Hyun Seul had just graduated from high school about a year ago and used almost all of her savings to buy the apartment before converting it into a beauty salon.

 

I didn't ask where we were going and was prepared to be surprised. But when we pulled up at an indoor stadium, I couldn't help but be shocked. An indoor stadium?! When Hyun Seul said that I had to look first class, I thought we were going to be filming at some restaurant that looked over the whole of Seoul and served caviar.

 

"The idol's here already. He should be waiting inside," Ms Jung said.

 

Hyun Seul gave me an encouraging smile as the three of us crossed the car park to the stadium. I smiled back but my heart hammered hard in my chest.  What if he didn't like me? What if he hated how I look? What if thought I was annoying and a burden?

 

I bit on my lip and wrapped my coat around me tighter. It was pretty cold out and I was pretty relieved that filming was going to be done indoors because what I was wearing had absolutely no way of keeping me warm.

 

"Annaehasaeyo," I said as I bowed politely to the production team when we got inside.

 

All of them - even ahjusshi- praised how great I looked. I smiled and thanked them.

 

"Since you're here, I guess we can finally start filming. The idol has already arrived and he's been waiting for awhile," Mr Park said.

 

"So...do I go find him or something?" I asked. 

 

We were currently at the ticketing booth right after the entrance.

 

"Just go through this door." Was all he said as Hyun Seul came behind me and took my coat from me.

 

I gave ahjusshi a doubtful look but all he did was smile and jerk his head towards the door.

 

"The cameras are already in place. All you have to do is go in there and be yourself," Ms Jung encouraged me as well.

 

Hyun Seul raised her fist and gave me a small 'Fighting!' sign before I took a deep breath and started to walk towards the door.

 

"Don't be nervous..." I mumbled as I clenched and unclenched my fuss a few times.

 

On the count of three, Mi Young. One...two...three.

 

I stepped walked through the doors into the enormous indoor stadium. Looking up into the stands before me, I couldn't seem to see anyone at all. Walking to the center of the pitch, I slowly turned around.

 

That's when I saw him.


 

A/N: Hello! (:

Thank you to

icklemoll

Slytherinprincess12

Eliwatson911

for being my first 3 suscribers ;__; I appreciate it so much guys. Really. :')

Anyway, as you can see, I put up a banner! It was my first time using Photoshop, so please excuse how amateur it looks :/ But my friend who has offered to make me one is overseas right now so she can only get it done when she comes back. So just bear with the slightly ugly banner for now :X

Also, please comment more guys! I'm not sure if I'm doing this whole fanfic thing right, and I'd really appreciate it if you could comment on how to improve or something...? :D hahah. 

Comment. Suscribe. Whatever you want to do.

xo