Chapter 7

Sundae Romance

 

Mi Young's POV

He was sitting smack in the centre of the stadium, middle row middle seat. His hair was a dark brown and styled nice and cleanly. Considering the fact that he was a Korean idol, he certainly had a normal hairstyle.

I gave him a weak smile as I tried not to feel intimidated by my humongous surroundings. Lifting up my right hand shyly, I waved.

"Annaehasaeyo!" He cried out, cupping two hands around his mouth.

I laughed nervously and tried to figure out what I was suppose to do.

"Shall I go up there then?" I shouted back, cupping my hands around my mouth too.

He nodded and beckoned me to come on up.

Making my way up to the stands, I could feel his gaze penetrating me from his seat. Talk about pressurizing.

When I got to his row, he met me by the aisle and held out his hand. I raised my head shyly and looked at him. Now that he was up close, I was left breathless. Mother of God! He was so extremely handsome; I wouldn't have been surprised if he suddenly grew wings and flew up to the heavens.

At that moment, I felt breathless yet I had a thousand things I wanted to tell him. My heart thudded heavily in my chest, though I wasn't sure for what.

"Lee Mi Young, imnida." I said after in a deep breath, trying to supply my heart with oxygen so it would calm the hell down.

His hand was warm and comfy, unlike my legs which were turning to freaking icicles. I don't think the whole "indoor" concept of the stadium was helping at all.

"Choi Min Ho, imnida." He said with a small smile, letting me walk down the row first before following after me.

I carefully picked the seat he was in before because it was already warmed up. Ahhh. That felt good, I thought as I sat down.

"So are you from a band?" I asked when the both of us had sat down, facing the vast soccer field and track.

"Yup, I'm from SHINee. Have you heard of it?" He asked.

I tapped my chin thoughtfully. That sounded oddly familiar...

"Well, I think I've heard of it." I replied honestly.

He smile grew, "You have no idea who we are, don't you?"

I rubbed my neck embarrassingly, "Sorry."

He laughed. "I'm the rapper of my group. Would you like to listen to some of our songs?"

"You'll sing them for me?" My eyes widened.

"I can't sing very well. But yeah, I can try." He gave a shy smile that was so cute I had to take in another humongous breath to calm my rapidly beating heart that was about to explode if I didn't watch out.

"Hello, the times I spent by your side
Can no more compare to any other happiness
I can’t express myself to you
My heart wants all of you, never let you go
If this is love, I’ll never let it go
Who knows? The two of us,"

He rapped fluently without stopping. Throughout the rap, he gazed on at me without holding back. Needless to say, all I could do was smile back and try not to blush.

After his rap, he carried on to sing the main chorus of the song. His voice wasn't the best, but there was no doubt that he was trying his best.

"Hello, hello
I brought up the courage
Hello, hello
I want to talk to you for a moment
Hello, hello
I may be rushing a bit
Who knows? We might end up doing well."

When he was done, he gave me a shy smile and an anxious expression.

I cocked my head a bit and pretended to think about his performance for awhile. Deciding to get a little revenge on him for almost murdering my poor heart, I pretended to be unimpressed with his performance.

"Was it really that bad?" He asked seriously, noticing my expression.

His pitiful face was so cute I had no choice to give in. And unless I wanted a few thousand fans murdering me for upsetting their little prince, I had better not be so mean. I let a smile take over my face, "I'm joking. You did very well, I loved it."

He laughed and thanked me for the compliment. His laugh! The kind of laugh people would literally record and sell it as a single to make money; the kind I could replay in my head all day and not get bored by it.

"So, tell me more about yourself." He said.

"Hmm, how about you ask me questions instead. I don't really know what to tell you," I suggested.

He thought for a moment, "Do you like to do sports?"

"Well, not really. I like basketball though. I used to play that a lot back in the States."

"I like basketball too!" He laughed at our odd coincidence.

"How about your favorite food?"

"Definitely sweet stuff. I love cakes, ice creams, chocolates..." I paused, "And I hate kimchi."

"What?! How can a Korean person hate kimchi?!" He cried out in shock.

His eyes which were already seriously big, widened even more. At that moment, Min Ho looked exactly like a puppy.

I couldn't but help laugh at his reaction. His uncanny resemblance to a puppy at that moment made me burst out into uncontrollable laughter.

"What's so funny?" He asked, laughing a bit himself.

"Your eyes," I said in between giggles. "Like, a puppy-" Doing 'Ok' signs with my hands and bringing the holes to my eyes to show him how his eyes had widened.

He started to laugh too.

"I'm so sorry." I said, wiping tears from the corners of my eyes even though I wasn't the least apologetic.

"It's fine, but you really don't eat kimchi?" He said again.

I nodded, turning serious. "The taste is...ugh." Wagging a finger, I shivered.

"Do you like Korean food then? Or do you prefer Western food."

"I like both! It's just kimchi I don't eat." He gave me another shake of his head which I promptly shrugged off in return.

A small silence passed between us as we decided what to say.

I looked over at him and took in all his features. He had really big eyes as mentioned before, a straight nose and the iest jaw I had ever seen. If I had seen him on the street, I would've immediately snapped a photo of him. But maybe that was a tad creepy.

He turned and caught me staring at him, and if I wasn't dreaming, I thought I saw his cheeks grow slightly red.

"So... Do you know why we're here at the stadium?" Flicking his hair a bit, I couldn't help but sigh inside.

"Because...you're secretly a soccer player. Like, idol by day, soccer player by night."

He gave me a weird look but started to laugh. I didn't think it was that funny but he was laughing so hard his laughter was coming out soundless.

"For Liverpool." I said, making him laugh even more.

"No?" I asked when he finally stopped.

"No." He confirmed, still chuckling a bit.

"It's because my father's a famous soccer coach. And I quite like it actually." He said.

I thought for awhile, "You seem to be very athletic."

He shrugged, "It's one of my better traits; being sporty."

"Unlike you, I don't actually have a hobby." Which was kind of true, between school and helping out at mum's parlor, I hardly any time to rest let alone find a hobby.

"We should go find a hobby for you one day," he said suddenly with bright eyes.

I nodded happily, "Sure."

The thing about Choi Min Ho was that not only did he possess god-like looks, but was also so a gentleman. He was almost...alien.

But that was fate had given me and well, somehow I would have to come to live with this incredibly out-of-this-world man.

***

Min Ho's POV:

"I'm home!" I called out as I slipped off my Nike Airs.

"Hyung!" Taemin cried out, running to greet me.

"Didn't you have to go for a date after meeting the girl?"

"Yeah, we went to this small patisserie to eat some cakes. She likes sweet stuff," I told him.

Manager-hyung greeted Taemin before moving past us to his room. Key was in the living room on his laptop as usual while Jonghyun and Onew was in front of the television watching a soccer match.

"Oh, you're back! How was filming?" Jonghyun asked, turning to me.

This immediately set the rest off.

"Who's your wife?" "Is she pretty?" "She's nice, right?" "Did you get along?"

Their questions were endless and bombarded me from every direction. I  gave them all a simple shrug and threw myself on the couch.

Mi Young's face swirled around in my head. Was she pretty? Hell, she was drop-dead gorgeous. The minute she turned to look at me back at the stadium, I had immediately took in how beautiful she was. Was she nice? I wasn't sure yet, but she was humorous and witty which was a good sign.

And even though she wasn't an idol, I felt outshone by her by a thousand times. Just because she was so likable and funny; she was so unlike the demure girl idols that smiled and giggled a lot. She was sincere, that's what she was.

"Yah! Choi Min Ho! Answer at once!" Onew commanded, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at my band members who had surrounded me around the couch.

"My wife...is a sincere girl who's beautiful, funny and...incredible?" I chuckled at the last word.

The four of them exchanged looks, smirks slowly spreading across their faces.

"Hyung," Taemin quickly crouched down and whispered.

"Are you...in love?" He gave me an impish smile when he pulled back.

Love? I felt my face burn red at the word.

Idols never fell in love. It was an unspoken rule. We could find people attractive and like their personality but never, ever love the person. Well, there were certain exceptions. If you planned to get married of course. But I could never remember looking at someone and thinking, “I’m in love.” Sure, I had a few crushes before but the idea of loving someone was so foreign to me it was kind of scary.

“Of course not,” I said, flicking Taemin on his forehead.

The rest of them shrugged and went back to what they were doing, leaving Jonghyun still sitting on the floor with his back to me.

“You can always talk to me. If it’s about love, don’t you think I would know best?” He turned to give me a small smirk.

I pushed his head playfully, making him laugh. But he was right, when it came to relationships, he was still the most experienced. No one really knew the real reason why he and Sekyung broke up. The company released a statement that the two of them were just too busy to keep up with each other. Hyung never clarified with us; not even with Key-hyung. It was like one day he was staring at her picture in his phone, and the next day it was over. It was so sudden that even I was shocked. He was heartbroken for awhile but got back on his feet again not long after. We were idols after all, feelings were always secondary.

As I stared at the television, my mind wandered to one year from now. When we filmed our last episode together, would I be sad? Heartbroken? Suddenly, we wouldn’t be a couple anymore. No more talking like a pair of lovebirds. This was just the start yet my mind was already preparing my heart for the future.

“This is just for show,” I mumbled to myself.

Nothing but a show.

***

 

Mi Young’s POV :

The sun beat down on my face as I slowly jogged around the track. It was physical education lesson and we were warming up by running 3 rounds around the track.

“How was your first filming? And who’s your husband!” Hye Sung asked as she jogged alongside me.

“Shh! What if one of our classmates hear?!” I cried, sending her a glare.

“Oh,come on! It’s not like you can hide it anymore after Sunday. Your whole virtual marriage will be broadcasted over national television!” Hye Sung continued.

   Part of my brain wondered how she managed to talk so much when I was nearly out of breath while the other part of my brain agreed with her. What she said was true; how was I suppose to face everyone on Monday after they found out that I was ‘married’ to an idol? Would everyone suddenly want to be friends with me? Would they hate me for taking away ‘their’ Minho?

“Then just wait until Sunday and you’ll know!” I said, speeding up a little.

   Hye Sung increased her pace as well, still jogging alongside me.

“Come on,” she whined. “I’m your best friend! Don’t I get any privileges at all?”

   I gave her a small glare but continued to jog ahead.

“Fine, but you can’t tell anyone.” Finally giving in, I quickly told her who my virtual husband was.

  She covered with both her hands and giggled slightly. I guess even she wasn’t immune to his boyish looks and mysterious charm.

“You’re so lucky. He’s awfully good-looking,” she commented as we completed our run.

  I nodded in agreement. You don’t say.

  Minho’s face immediately flashed across my mind. He remained so fresh in my memory that if I just extended my hand, I felt like I could feel his soft brown hair beneath my hand. Not that I’ve touched it yet. I was tempted to, but it would’ve been insane of me to just reach out and start patting his hair on our first meeting. Perhaps in the future, if the situation called for it.

“What’s the show called again?” She asked, stretching out her muscles after finishing our run.

“Sundae Romance,” I muttered, clutching my calves tightly. Exercise wasn’t exactly my thing.

She raised an eyebrow at me.

“Because it broadcasts on Sunday…”She drifted off.

“And because our love is suppose to be really sweet, like an ice-cream sundae.”

Hye Sung started laughing then – the kind that would put hyenas to shame. As I stared at her in confusion, she tried to catch her breath. Our classmates were starting to stare now so I quickly clamped my hand over .

It took her another few minutes to finally calm down and wipe her tears from her eyes.

“Oh gosh, that was hilarious,” she pauses to wipe tears from her eyes again. “What kind of cheesy concept is that!”

I pretended to be annoyed at her and shoved her with my shoulder.

“Yah! Don’t be mean just because you’re jealous,” I chuckled.

But I’m sure she wouldn’t be the only jealous girl after Sunday. Thousands of other fangirls would probably be putting me in their Burn Book; waiting for the perfect time to corner me in an alley and stab me to death for taking away their idol.

“I have to watch out from now on,” I muttered aloud.

“For who?” Hye Sung asked as she walked beside me back to the gymnasium.

“Crazies.” I replied simply.


A/N: HERRO EVERYBODY.

so, I'm so sorry for the many chapters between the POVs. But I really wanted to show how BOTH of them felt about the meeting ;_; forgive me if it was confusing.

and thank you very much to

MyfrogPrince

sofmin

Donghae98

Cheryyyll

for suscribing! :) Much love.

ps. this is how shy minho was when he sang to miyoung. oh my mama asdkalcmoeaicpodkfopa.

xo