Hats

280 Days

Sungmin looked at Sunny who was snoozing on his bed and sighed loudly. It was like that every time they met. There was always one of them who was so exhausted that he or she would fall asleep within minutes. Sungmin grabbed a feather that had escaped from his pillow and started playing with it, wondering when she would wake up. When the feather fell on the floor, he gave a lazy look at the clock, 2:44PM. They still had a bit over an hour before Kyuhyun and Sooyoung’s plane landed. He and Sunny had agreed to go pick up the newlyweds at the airport, knowing very well they would be in no mood to drive back home. Sungmin gave up on waiting for Sunny to wake up and proceeded to wake her up with kisses. Sunny slowly opened her eyes and giggled,

“What was that for?”

“It’s almost time to go, love,” he replied, placing a gentle kiss on her nose, which won him a cute pout from her.

“You should’ve woken me up when it was time, then,” she gently teased, cuddling her pillow and pretending to sleep again. Sungmin looked at her again and concluded she wouldn’t budge. He decided to lay in bed next to her and wait for her to wake up.

“I am so excited to see Sooyoung,” she finally said, eyes still closed.

“Why?” he asked, as he reached for her hair and it.

“Well because her tummy will have grown,” she said excitedly, turning herself around to look at him. “I am so excited! I can’t believe there is a little baby growing in there. I mean a baby is for like forever! Can you imagine Soo as a mommy? And Kyuhyun too! Well as a dad… Oh my God, they are going to be so cute! Don’t you think?” she asked, wiggling her legs and arms, and making the bed shake. Sungmin plucked another feather from his pillow and started playing with it, ignoring his girlfriend’s monologue.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, noticing his unusual cold behaviour.  

“Nothing,” he said, playing with his feather.

“No. There’s something,” she insisted. “When you don’t answer it’s either because you weren’t listening, which I know you were since you were frowning all along…”

“I wasn’t frowning,” he interrupted, defending himself like a little child being scolded by his mother.

“Yes you were! Which brings me to my next point. You either don’t answer me because you weren’t listening or because you don’t agree with me,” she concluded. Sungmin looked at his girlfriend straight in the eyes and at that precise moment, he hated how Sunny knew him so well.

“Maybe,” he conceded, going for a third feather. Sunny slapped his hands before he could do anything with it.

“Say it!”

“No.”

“Lee Sungmin, we are talking about two of our best friends and I don’t know about you, but I consider them as family. So tell me what the hell is going on,”

“You really want the truth? Because I know you won’t like it,” grumbled Sungmin, avoiding any sort eye contact with her. Sunny looked at him gravely and debated if she really wanted to know what were Sungmin’s thoughts. As much as her public image was one of cuteness and sometimes innocence, she knew she wasn’t innocent and she’d rather face the truth than live in a fantasy world.

“Yeah I do,” she finally said. Sungmin sighed and sat himself up, preparing himself for an argument.

argument.

“I don’t doubt Sooyoung’s mother abilities. She’ll be a great mom, but I doubt her strength, especially if Kyuhyun is not around.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that Kyuhyun is childish, selfish, and immature. When the reality of what’s going on settles in, he’ll make a run for the hills. As much as he loves Sooyoung, he also loves himself and his independence.”

“No,” replied Sunny, shaking her head, and increasing the distance between the two of them on the bed. “He loves her. He married her. If he was that selfish, he would’ve already ran for the hills, like you say.”

“Soonkyu, look at what you are saying. They both rushed into this marriage thing and idea of having a baby without truly looking at all the possibilities,” he retorted. 

“Like what? Abortion?”

“For instance,” he flatly replied, anticipating the worst.

“Lee Sungmin! How could you say something like that?” yelled Sunny, feeling like she was seeing another side of her boyfriend.

“It’s the most logical solution. You know how busy we all are. How can one add a baby to all that? How do you expect Sooyoung to comeback to SNSD with a kid on her arm?” Sunny looked at him for a long time. A part of her knew he was probably right, but another one refused to believe him. He was overacting, she told herself. He always overreacted. She hated having fights with him, but somehow his last words were enough for her to keep fuelling the fight.

“So what, if I told you I was pregnant you would send me to the first abortion clinic you’d find?” she asked, in a defiant tone.

“That would never happened,” snickered Sungmin.

“How do you know? Maybe I am pregnant. Maybe I’ve been hiding it from you, because I knew you would react like this.”

“Don’t say stuff like that. How do you want to be pregnant if we don’t even have time to make babies?” Sungmin retorted, making quotation marks with his fingers at the end.

“What does that mean?”

“I mean, whenever we meet, you always choose sleep over me.”

“Oh? You want to make this personal now?” she asked, getting of the bed, feeling more and more annoyed at her boyfriend. “I don’t have time for this Sungmin. If you want to fight over this, fight with your pillow. We should go anyways. I’ll be in the car,” she said, grabbing the car keys. “Oh and by the way, change your pillow. All that feather picking you keep doing is making it too soft.”

 

From the moment they had gotten off the plane, Sooyoung and Kyuhyun had made a sprint to blend in with the crowds coming that were coming off the Thailand flight. Hyoyeon, Sunny, and their new discovery, tumblr, had fuelled rumours that they had been in Thailand for their honeymoon.

“They are going to figure out we weren’t on this flight,” puffed Sooyoung, once they had joined the passengers from the other flight. 

“If you keep announcing it like that, they will,” he whispered, trying to avoid unwanted attention.

“It’s not me,” she argued. “It’s these stupid hats you got us. Nobody else has them, except the ones coming from Cuba. Why are we wearing them? We could’ve just put them in the suitcase.”

“Don’t call our couple hats stupid,” snapped Kyuhyun. “And no, they can’t go in the suitcase, they would get crushed.”

“Sometimes I hate you,” she grumbled, pulling him into the custom section. They patiently waited for their turn, waving at the occasional fan that would call out their name, while making sure to keep their secret hidden under Sooyoung’s large winter coat. Once they had made it past immigration and had their bags, they looked straight at the automatic doors, where behind them would be waiting for them not only Sunny and Sungmin, but also flashes and screaming fans. Kyuhyun squeezed tightly Sooyoung’s hand and they both made their way forward, hand in hand. As expected, they were meet by a mix of screaming fans and flashes. The fans were not only excited to see their favourite idols, but it was also one of their first public appearances as a married couple. The young couple made a quick run to the front doors, followed by the fans, where Sungmin and Sunny were waiting for them. They quickly greeted each other, before getting into the car and leaving behind them the frenzy of the airport. 

“So where is it?” asked an excited Sunny, ping Sooyoung’s coat and looking for her tummy.

“Oh hello,” replied Sooyoung. “I wasn’t expecting you to me.”

“Oh my God, it grew so much,” exclaimed Sunny, ignoring Sooyoung’s comment and uneasiness. “Look at it Sungmin, it’s adorable!”

“I can’t Sunny. I am driving, unless you want me to kill all four of us.”

“Five,” corrected Kyuhyun. Sungmin gave his friend an annoyed glance, before focusing his attention back on the road again.

“Sunny, keep you hands where they are and if you feel anything tell me. Apparently this is the week where we can start to feel the baby kick,” he said, turning himself around to look at the two friends.

“Where did you find that?” asked Sooyoung, scrunching her nose, in annoyance.

“Oh, I read in the pregnancy book my parents gave you, us. Didn’t you read it on the plane?”

“No, I was reading the book Steve gave me.”

“What book? Is it English? I need to practice my English,” interrupted Sunny.

“Fifty Shades of Grey, I can lend it to you, if you want to. It’s in my purse.”

“Isn’t that the book Min made a twitter post about,” inquired Sungmin, looking into the rear-view mirror. “I heard it’s pretty…mmm how would I put it? Dirty?”

“Oh. That would explain why you were on the plane. I thought you were in pain,” concluded Kyuhyun, biting his lip and looking at the road, feeling betrayed.

“Sungmini we should read it tonight together, You know to practice our English and you know what,” teased Sunny.

“You know, the author was thinking of her very old husband when she was writing all those scene,” replied Sungmin, eyes on the road again.

“It’s okay. I’m dating an old man. I am used to it,” teased Sunny. Sungmin scoffed, as Kyuhyun prepared himself to too.

“Don’t flatter yourself Cho,” announced Sooyoung. “You’re also getting old.” Her comment sent an uproar of laugher in the car and dictated the tone for the rest of the ride home. Once they arrived at the Kyuhyun and Sooyoung’s home, the aegyo couple helped them bring their suitcases in and Kyuhyun thank them by offering them each a straw hat.

“You really had to give them those hats, did you?” gloomed Sooyoung, as she looked at the happy couple walk back to the car, each wearing a hat.

“They’ll grow on you…” replied Kyuhyun, backhugging her. “Honey.”

“Oh hush,” she said, wiggling herself away from him. “They are just the same as the ones we used to promote our first album. I don’t know why she would want to go back to those times. Plus I bet you the ones we had back then were of far better quality than these ones.”

“Yeah sure, whatever you say Honey,” replied Kyuhyun, walking away.

“Stop honeying me,” she snapped “And where are you going?”

“To play some games on my computer. I missed them.”

“Addict,” retorted Sooyoung.

“Whatever, Fatty.”

“I hate you,” shouted Sooyoung, stomping her way up the stairs. “I can’t believe I married you. You ruined my life, my career. I hate you.”

“Honey,” pleaded Kyuhyun, amused at the whole situation.

“I hate you don’t say anything,” pouted Sooyoung.

“I love you too,” chuckled Kyuhyun. “After my game, I’ll make you some bubble tea. I promise.”

 

An ocean away, there was a woman looking at her computer screen, Google searching Choi Sooyoung. What she found astonished her. She decided to type in Cho Kyuhyun, just for the luck of it, and was equally surprised.

“Honey, I’m back from the bookstore,” announced the voice of man, from downstairs.

“Can you come upstairs Steve?”

“Why?”

“I have something to show you,” answered his wife, compiling evidence for him.

“What’s up?” he asked, when he arrived in her office.

“So I was looking for Sooyoung and Kyuhyun’s Facebook and I found this,” she said proudly, showing him their Wikipedia profile pages.

“My God,” answered Steve, looking at more pictures of them on Google. “I knew they were too beautiful and talented to be peasants like us. Well honey, you married a genius,’ he concluded proudly.

“I’m sure I did,” laughed Jenny. “Maybe we should go visit them in Korea. They did invite us. By the way, what did you buy?”

“Oh another Fifty Shades of Grey, I gave mine to Sooyoung. And I also got the second one, Fifty Shades Darker.”

 

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

A/N. Omg finally an update. Consider this my Christmas gift to you~ Merry, merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you enjoy your day ^-^ I am so sorry, this update is super late, super short, and super boring! ;__; I'll try my best for next one.

Anyways, thank you for subscribing and putting up with this story. Love you guys!