Scandal over dumplings

280 Days

Kyuhyun looked at his collection of Starcraft magazines and had an internal debate on which one he wanted to read. The past few months had been so hectic that he had neglected their reading. He reached for the November issue and started to read the not so latest tips and strategies to advance onto further levels, while he nibbled on a bowl of snacks that Sooyoung had left for him. Halfway through the December issue, Kyuhyun heard Sooyoung walk into the house with a grunt.

“How was the baby fair?” asked Kyuhyun, closing the magazine and leaving it on the coffee table. The future father looked up at his wife who looked more like she was coming back from war rather than a baby fair.

“Horrible,” grumbled Sooyoung, slouching next to him. She looked into the bowl, hoping to find some crumbs and grimaced at the sight of the empty bowl. “It was full of people and I had to pretend I wasn’t me, and battle some crazy hormonal mothers and grandmothers and there was just so much craziness! Oh, and I saw Sunye and Byul!”

“Did you say hi?” inquired Kyuhyun, attempting a rub at Sooyoung’s tummy.

“Well no, it would’ve been awkward! I didn’t want them to think I was a crazy fan or something,” ranted Sooyoung, placing Kyuhyun’s hand on her rounded abdomen. “Don’t be shy, it won’t bite you.”

“But, you are not a crazy fan, you’re just like them,” reasoned Kyuhyun, ignoring Sooyoung’s comment, and beginning to rub her tummy, fascinated by it.

“Yeah, but they don’t know that. Nobody knows, it keeping a secret like this,” she sighed, pushing herself up, depriving Kyuhyun of one of his first intimate moment with his unborn child. “Anyways, I’ll be in bed if you are looking for me. Today was exhausting, goodnight.”

“But it’s only 4 o’clock,” retorted Kyuhyun, looking at her lazily walk up the stairs.

“Well you know the saying,” replied Sooyoung. “Somewhere in the world it’s 4am. So, goodnight.”

“There is no such saying,” replied a confused Kyuhyun, eager to keep his wife close to him.

“Well now there is. Goodnight, Kyu. Don’t forget to lock the doors before going to bed.”

“I can’t,” he blurted out.

“Why?” inquired Sooyoung, visibly annoyed.

“Lee Sooman is coming for supper. He’ll need the door to be unlocked,” explained Kyuhyun, feeling like he was walking on eggs. Sooyoung froze halfway up the first set of stairs and slowly turned around to face her husband, who was still sitting in the living room. “What?” she exclaimed. “And you didn’t think that it would be a good idea to tell me so this morning, or two days ago?”

“I am sorry. He called when you were away. It looked pretty urgent, that is why I said yes,” tried to explain Kyuhyun. “We can serve him dumplings or something.”

“Dumplings? Do you know how long those take to make?” snapped Sooyoung, feeling the stress of the day away what little energy she had left.

“No,” he replied, giving Sooyoung his most sheepish look, trying to get himself forgiven.

“Oh God, I’m going to have two babies to take care of in a few months,” she said, giving in and making her way to the kitchen.

“What do you mean two babies?” mumbled Kyuhyun, following her.

 

*                                 *                                 *

 

A few hours later, the couple was staring at its rice cooker, in wonder.

“Do you think it’s ready?” asked Kyuhyun, trying to lift the lid, to get a look inside.

“I don’t know. I’ve never made dumplings before,” shrugged Sooyoung, slapping Kyuhyun’s hand. “Don’t lift the lid up, the heath will come out,” she hissed.

“You think?”

“I told you already, I don’t know,” she repeated, raising her voice.

“Okay, no need to get mad,” grumbled Kyuhyun. “Mrs. Hormones.”

“Low blow, Cho,” replied Sooyoung, turning her back to him. Quickly catching onto his mistake, Kyuhyun tried to apologize but didn’t get a chance because of the doorbell ringing, interrupting the argument. The Starcraft prodigy fully welcomed the distraction and ran out of the kitchen to open the door, leaving Sooyoung alone in front of the rice cooker. The young woman listened carefully at the conversation between her husband and her boss.

“No, not you,” grumbled Lee Sooman, handing Kyuhyun his coat. “I don’t know what you did, but you should apologize. Now, where is my daughter?”

“I am here, in the kitchen,” shouted Sooyoung, trying to make it look like she was in control of the situation.

“There you are,” he said, walking into the kitchen and opening his arms, signalling that he was expecting a hug. Sooyoung happily hugged him, glad to finally see someone else than Kyuhyun in the house.

“How are you feeling Sooyoung-ah? Is he taking good care of you now?” inquired their boss.

“Yes, I think I should end up in the hospital more often,” teased Sooyoung.

“Please don’t, my heart won’t be able to take it,” pleaded Kyuhyun, who was barely getting over their adventure at the hospital. The founding chairman of the company looked at his two protégés gravely, clearly not amused at the situation.

“It’s not a laughing matter Kyu,” he reasoned, trying to get some sense into the young signer.

“Who said I was laughing?” exclaimed Kyuhyun, on the defensive. Sunny’s uncle rolled his eyes, in exasperation, and looked over at the tallest member of Girls’ Generation. “How long until those dumplings are ready?” asked the older man, looking at the rice cooker. Sooyoung’s eyes widen in surprise, not expecting that question, and remained silent, trying to figure out what to say. Lee Sooman chuckled softly and nodded.

“I’ll take care of the food,” he said, reaching for an apron that was hung on the wall. “In the mean time, I need your help,” he said, looking at the couple.

“What can we do?” asked Kyuhyun, leaning against the fridge.

“I want you to listen to me carefully,” instructed the cook. “Tonight, we are going to tell the world about your little secret, but before we do that I need you two to take one of those cute couple baby bump selcas. Just go all Kim Kardashian.”

“What for?” asked Kyuhyun, crossing his arms.

“Just do it,” ordered their boss, pushing them out of the kitchen. The founder of the company shook his head in dismay, watching the young couple walk towards their bedroom, trying to understand his plan. He then turned around and looked at the mess in the kitchen. It looked like an atomic bomb had exploded, sending pieces of food everywhere. Lee Sooman wondered, for what seemed like the hundredth time, how on earth those two kids would be able to take care of a baby. Gathering all his energy, he started to clean the kitchen and prepare the plates. Just when he was finishing, the evil couple were back in the kitchen, sporting an inquisitive look.

“Did you get the picture?” he asked, placing a plate full of steaming dumplings on the dinner table.

“Yeah, it’s on my phone,” replied Kyuhyun, salivating at the sight of food.

“Good,” said the cook, more to himself. “Give your phone to Sooyoung now, and take this,” he said handing over a glass of wine to Kyuhyun. “Now, Sooyoung take a picture of the both of us,” he ordered, wrapping his arm behind Kyuhyun and lifting his glass of wine in the air with a smile. Kyuhyun looked over at the elder man and mimicked his pose. Sooyoung took a picture of the pair, wondering what her boss was up to. The man then invited them to take a seat and served them food, while remaining silent. When everyone was served, he broke his silence.

“We are going to have a scandal IU style,” announced the powerful man.

“IU style?” asked Sooyoung, after swallowing a mouthful of kimchi.

“Kyuhyun, hear me out before doing anything,” ordered Lee Sooman, putting down his chopsticks. “You are going to post on twitter that picture of you and Sooyoung. Can we clearly see her condition?”

“Yes, Sir,” replied the maknae, showing him his phone. The picture portrayed Kyuhyun lovingly kissing Sooyoung’s rounded abdomen, while Sooyoung snapped the scene reflected on the mirror.

“Perfect,” commented the man in charge. “Now, you are going to post the picture and write something within the lines of: Having a lovely evening, enjoying wine with the wonderful and loveable Lee Sooman.”

“Sir, this is a character limit,” objected Kyuhyun, with a smirk. Lee Sooman mimicked the movement of slapping the back of Kyuhyun’s head.

“You little punk, I’m trying to help you here,” exclaimed the man, slowly getting back his cool. “So as I was saying, you’ll post that picture. We will then wait ten seconds and you’ll delete it and reupload it with a similar message, but with the picture Sooyoung took of you and I. The fans and the media outlet will then be in an uproar. We’ll then wait until tomorrow morning to release a statement confirming it.”

“You think it’ll work,” asked Sooyoung, anxious. As much as she was tired of living in hiding, she was also eager for the world to know about her state. Sooyoung was tired of spending her days inside her home, which had become her prison.

“It will,” exclaimed Lee Sooman, stuffing a dumpling in his mouth. “Those little punks probably spend their days glued to his twitter page, refreshing it every minute to see if oppa uploaded something. Besides, I’d rather be in control of the scandal that those dummies at communications!” Kyuhyun and Sooyoung shook their heads grimly, in unison: he was right. Kyuhyun looked over at his wife to get her okay. She nodded slowly, giving him the go ahead, feeling a knot forming in her stomach.

“One last question,” asked Kyuhyun, after finishing writing the tweet. “Why are we doing it on my twitter. Why not Sooyoung’s instagram?”

“Because, you are the idiot in this relationship,” snapped his boss. “Now send that tweet before I terminate your contract!” Kyuhyun quickly nodded and sent the tweet, preferring not to discover if his boss was teasing or if his threats were real. The trio then patiently waited the ten seconds in silence, with Lee Sooman counting them slowly. When the tenth second was reached, Kyuhyun jumped on his phone and deleted the tweet. He then rapidly wrote the second tweet and sent it out.

“Crap,” mumbled Kyuhyun, moving his fingers quickly on his phone screen.

“What?” asked in harmony Sooyoung and Lee Sooman.

“I sent the same picture, wait I am uploading the good one now,” he answered, eyes still on the screen. “That’s it! Got it, the good one is up now!”

“That’s it, I married an idiot,” sighed Sooyoung, getting up to clear the table. “I’m having the baby of an idiot,” she lamented from the kitchen. Kyuhyun, to his misfortune, heard none of his wife’s laments, as his boss was hitting him in the back of the head.

“Can’t you do anything right, Cho?” scolded the founder of the company.

“I am sorry, I am sorry,” pleaded Kyuhyun. “I was nervous,” he confessed, looking up at his teacher, like a lost puppy. The older man took the youngster in pity.

“Just trust yourself, Kyuhyun,” he advised, before answering his phone. Kyuhyun and Sooyoung observed him attentively, when they realized he was talking about their scandal, with the managers at the company. After what seemed like an eternity to them, he finally hanged up and looked their way.

“The news is out and articles are being written about it,” announced the chairman.

“Oh God,” breathed out Sooyoung, feeling a wave of weakness. Kyuhyun was quick on his feet, helping his wife towards the nearest chair.

“Are you okay?” asked Lee Sooman, while Kyuhyun offered her a glass of water.

“Yes, I am,” answered Sooyoung, with a tremble, bringing the glass up to . The older man looked at Kyuhyun comforting Sooyoung and smiled internally.

“I have to go,” he declared. “Apparently there is a bit of a commotion at the office, so I need to sort that out. I’ll give you two a call tomorrow morning, before we release the statement. In the meantime don’t accept any congratulatory messages on twitter or instagram, even from your fellow band members. Are we clear?”

“Yes, Sir,” replied Kyuhyun, Sooyoung’s hair. The busy chairman bid them farewell, before leaving them alone to clean up.

 

That same evening, after the plates were placed in the washing machine. After the lights had been turned off on the main floor and more importantly, after the scandal had broken out, Sooyoung and Kyuhyun were laying in bed, both busying themselves with different tasks. The young mother to be pretended to be reading one of Seohyun’s wellness book, when in fact she was on her phone, reading the comments of the netizens. The comments both brought her tears joy and frustration. Sooyoung read the comments in awe, as some of them read:

 

Trollingtroll[+24, -18]: I always knew that group was full of . It’s painfully evident that this was a shotgun wedding. Poor Kyuhyun, I bet her family paid him to marry such a .

 

MilesAway19 [+149, -45]: Who cares when the baby was conceived? They clearly love each other; you can see it on the picture. Stop calling her a , it’s not 1898 anymore >.<

 

Redmapple3 [+97, -15] : Omg that baby will have the voice, the looks, and the moves. Congratulations!

 

Thorloki [+29, -13]: She probably spread her legs to get in the company anyways, don’t know why everyone is so surprised.

 

KreaseSYeol [+99, - 13]: Can’t wait to meet the new SME generation!! This baby deserves love, no matter what. Congratulations!

 

Boombang [+30, -8]: Let’s be real, this is the end of Girls’ Generation. Thank you being selfish Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung abruptly turned off her phone and placed it on the night table. She looked at the book and grimaced, closed it violently, and tossed it on the floor. The dancer looked over at her husband, who was skilfully moving his hands across his keyboard. She cleverly approached him and clung to his left arm, but was gently pushed away. Sooyoung pouted and pulled off Kyuhyun’s earbuds, begging for attention. The gamer sighed loudly, before saving his game and gently placing his computer on the floor.

“What do you want?” he asked, turning his nightlight off, submerging the bedroom into darkness.

“Nothing, I just got bored of reading my book, and wanted to spend time with you,” explained Sooyoung, cuddling herself against him. Kyuhyun lovingly wrapped his arm around her shoulder and let Sooyoung rest her head on his shoulder. They both remained silent for a while, happy to have the other one near by.

“What were you doing on your phone?” finally asked Kyuhyun, knowing the answer already.

“Nothing, I was reading my book,” lied Sooyoung, using her acting skills.

“Sooyoung,” reasoned Kyuhyun. “Don’t lie.” The young man felt his wife fidget next to him and smiled. She was truly adorable when she tried to get herself away from a lie.

“How did you know I wasn’t reading?” she retorted, trying to gain some time.

“Well for starters,” debuted Kyuhyun, placing a kiss on her forehead. “You weren’t turning the pages and secondly, you kept making a motion with your finger. Therefor, you were on your phone, unless you were reading a scented book, that you have to scratch stuff to smell the odours.”

“Fine, I was on my phone,” admitted Sooyoung, playing with the bed’s sheet.

“Reading the comments on the discussion boards about our scandal?”

“Yes,” mumbled Sooyoung, happy they were in the dark, so she didn’t have to meet his gaze.

“Why?” asked Kyuhyun, continuing his interrogation.

“Well because they are talking about us. I want to know what they are saying.”

“So? Who cares?” retorted Kyuhyun, pulling Sooyoung closer to him. “Those who are writing those nasty comments are not our fans. They are just some lowlife people, who have nothing better to do with their lives. If they want you to quit, then I am quitting too. I don’t care about money, we have more than enough to keep us going until we kick the bucket and if we don’t well I’ll get a job after I get my masters. Things will work out Soo. Forget about them, you should be taking care of yourself,” concluded Kyuhyun, kissing her nose. Sooyoung smiled foolishly at the assurance Kyuhyun presented. She knew he was mature, deep inside, but she never knew he has that mature. Somehow, he had managed to figure things out before she did. Was that being a parent? Working together for their child?

“Hey Sooyoung,” said Kyuhyun, shaking her lightly. “Can I say something to our kid?” he asked sheepishly.

“Of course,” replied Sooyoung, surprise at the sudden wave of attention. Kyuhyun smiled foolishly and disappeared under the covers, in the blink of an eye. Sooyoung suddenly felt Kyuhyun’s hand on her bloated abdomen and his nose rubbing against it.

“Hey there little one,” debuted Kyuhyun, feeling light movement under his hand. “It’s Daddy. I just wanted to apologize, because I think we started off on the wrong foot. I was a jerk to your Mommy and you and I wanted to say I’m sorry. I know I am not perfect, but I’ll try to be the best dad in the world. I promise to protect you and your mommy not matter what. So do you think you can love me? Because, I already love you so much, more than my computer, and that’s saying a lot! So, maybe just give me a kick or something and I’ll know you accepted me as your Daddy.” Sooyoung bit her lower lip hard, trying to prevent herself from crying. The movements in her womb had suddenly stopped when Kyuhyun apologized. She could feel him stir under the sheets, impatiently waiting for an answer. Sooyoung mentally encouraged her unborn child to move, fearing Kyuhyun’s reaction. When the move subtly came, she heard Kyuhyun chuckle and lightly kiss her tummy. Sooyoung allowed herself to smile. Everything would be all right as long as the three of them had each other.

“Soo?” asked Kyuhyun, still under the covers. “Did you fart? It really stinks down here.”

“I am sorry,” exclaimed Sooyoung, bursting out laughing, letting a few other farts go. “I am sorry, I thought it would go unnoticed.” Sooyoung suddenly felt Kyuhyun’s head pop out from under the covers and heard him gasping for fresh hair.

“Way to ruin the moment, Choi,” grumbled Kyuhyun, settling himself far from Sooyoung.

“Oh honey, I am sorry,” she said, getting closer to him. “But you know what they say: farts are the music of love.

“Some music of love it is,” gloomed Kyuhyun, closing his eyes.    

 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

A/N: Hello, hello! This story lives!! Ah~ Sometiems I feel this fic is a Titanic waiting to hit an iceberg. I am so sorry for not updating sooner, I was really out of ideas and wanted to give you guys something of quality. So I hope you can understand. I'd rather make you wait and give you something ish good, than update a lot  and give you somethig bad.

Also, you might have noticed I used usernames for the netizens' comments. I only used real usernames for the good comments and invented some for the bad ones. So please don't hate on me, I wasn't haiting on anybody >.<

As usual, thank you to all my subscribers, new and old. I love you!!

I just have a couple announcements to make.

1. I discovered the blog section! So, I decided to use at as a way to communicate indirectly with my subscribers. I was thinking it could be a place where I write "previews" for upcoming chapters or stories. *lisp* You can read my first post, it has a good description of its purpose

Omg, having a blog sounds so pretentious!! ><

2. Exams are coming up, so this will probably be my last update for a while, but keep an eye on the blog, maybe something will pop out there.

3. Oh, and I changed my username. ^-^