CH 2

Who Will She Choose...

CH 2

LeeHi and Ukwon woke up to the sound of their mother’s voice telling them it was time to get up. LeeHi dragged herself out of her bed and went to her room to get dressed. She sat down on her bed and looked at her closet not knowing what to wear. Daon wanted her to wear what he and SoHee picked out but she didn't want to wear a dress on the first day. She put on three different outfits before Ukwon came in and told her they were going to be late. She told him to go without her and she would be there shortly since the school was only down the street. She tried five more outfits before she settled with one. She pulled her hair into a pony tail put a little eye shadow on and ran out of the house.

She arrived at the school as the first bell rang. She needed to go the most direct route to her first period class. But she forgot was that it was the senior hall and that was the one place she supposed to avoid.
“Look who we have here.” Cl said.
“Please I just want to go to class.” LeeHi whispered stopping in her tracks as she almost collided with the girls she was trying to avoid.
“Awe she looks so scared.” Hyuna said as the second bell rang.
“Please I am already late.” LeeHi pouted just as Daehyun and JongUp came around the corner.

“Leave the poor girl alone it’s the first day.” JongUp said wrapping his arm around her shoulder.
“We were just having a little fun.” Cl cooed.

“Find someone else to pick on.” Daehyun snapped as he walked away pulling them with him.
“Thank you!” LeeHi whispered.
“Don't worry about it just try and avoid that hall at all cost.” Daehyun smiled.
“This is my class I am going to be in so much trouble.” LeeHi said.
“I got this.” JongUp said opening the door for her.

“Hey Mrs. Micheal's how are you? I am sorry she is late she was just a little lost.” JongUp said flashing the teacher a smile.
“Only this time” The teacher said sounding flustered.
“Get to your class.” She quickly said as he left the class.
The teacher pointed to the back of the class for her to go and sit down. The only open desk in the class was next to Daon. She almost ran to her seat and sat down putting her hands over her face. He leaned over to her and whispered to her.
“I thought you were going to wear the dress.” He pouted.

photo LeeHi_zps83b53f9f.jpg

I tried on 10 different things because of you. I never do that I just don't. That is what SoHee does.” LeeHi said.

But it looked so pretty on you.” Daon smiled.

OMG please stop.” LeeHi whined.

Well you still look cute.” Daon smiled. The teacher went on explaining the year’s syllabus after passing it out. She explained there would be solo projects and group project throughout the year. When she was done speaking she passed out the books for the class and told them that they were to return them at the end of the year. They would need them for every class and not to lose them or forget them. When she was done passing out the books the bell rang and they were dismissed. As soon as she stepped out of the class she was met by Cl and Ga-in. She tried to turn back and go back into the classroom but Daon saw her fear and wrapped his arm around her shoulder and guided her out of the class.

What is with the boys in this school saving her?” Cl whined.

Still don’t like her do you?” Ga-in laughed.

“Never going to like her.” Cl said.

Well the guys don’t know who she is because her looks have changed. She isn’t the same little nerdy girl that used to follow…” Ga-in started to say but was cut off by Hyuna as she walked up to them.

Don’t say his name.” She snapped.

Sorry.” Ga-in said.

So why do you have such a sour look on that pretty face of yours?” Hyuna asked.

“Some guy saved her again. It is pissing me off.” Cl answered.

I can’t believe she even came to the school after last year…” Ga-in laughed.

I sure the hell didn’t think she would.” Cl said.

Don’t worry she won’t be staying.” Hyuna said as the bell for the next class rang.

Second period dragged on for JongUp and Daehyun. They hated math not to mention they were both really bad at it and it was also taking forever for the teacher to shut up.

“Who do you think that girl was this morning? She seemed kind of familiar but I can't place her.” Daehyun asked.

I don’t know she is cute though.” JongUp said.

Don’t let people hear you say that.” Daehyun teased.

Why because the others will be jealous?” JongUp laughed.

Exactly…” Daehyun laughed.

We have to keep our options open.” Daehyun laughed.

I just said the girl was cute didn’t say I wanted to date her.” JongUp said.

You date that is laughable I am sure she is a and well you know that won’t work for you.” Daehyun said.

I know.” JongUp laughed.

But you have to admit she is cute.” JongUp said.

Oh she is more than cute…” Daehyun smiled.

AH-HA that is why you said me that you like her.” JongUp said.

No!” Daehyun said quickly.

Boys hush!” The teacher said.

Sorry.” They both said in unison and started to giggle.

What she is cute and tiny. She looks so fragile and it makes me want to protect her I admit it.” Daehyun laughed.

See was that so hard that was all you had to say, may the best guy win.” JongUp gave him a devious smile.

You are on!” Daehyun said.

What happens if this girl chooses both of you?” Ukwon said turning around and questioning them.

Good question.” Daehyun said.

Eh we can share.” JongUp shrugged his shoulders.

Sounds good to me.” Daehyun said high fiving JongUp. Ukwon turned back around and just shook his head and went back to listening to the teacher while texting LeeHi.

To Joko

I didn’t see you between classes what happened to you?”

To Kitty

Cl and Ga-in were right outside my class when I was leaving and Daon took me to our next class quickly. I guess he noticed I was scared.”

To Joko

They already started in?”

To Kitty

I was late and had to go through the senior hall and ran into Cl and Hyuna…”

To Joko

What did they do to you?”

To Kitty

They tried but Daehyun and JongUp saved me.”

To Joko

As in the guys I told you about?”

To Kitty

Yea I knew who they were when I looked at them they are as hot as SoHee says.”

Ukwon turned and looked at SoHee and gave her a dirty looked. She mouthed “what” at him and he went back to texting.

To Joko

Stay away from them they are players.”

To Kitty

I plan on staying away from everyone.”

To Joko

You can’t hide forever.”

To Kitty

But I can try until high school is over. Everyone blames me and that will never change.”

To Joko

No one blames you please don’t think like that. Those girls are just bitter.”

Ukwon turned around and looked at both JongUp and Daehyun.

Just be careful with her.” Turning back to face the teacher. He wanted to tell them to stay away from his sister but that would just make them want her even more. You tell someone they can to do something and it just makes them want to do it more. He knew they would get bored quickly with her because he doubted she would give them the time of day.

What does that mean?” Daehyun asked and Ukwon didn’t answer. Daehyun and JongUp just shook their heads and went back to talking. When the class was over it was time for lunch. Ukwon laced his and SoHee’s fingers together and they left the class.

So what was the dirty look for when you were texting?” SoHee asked.

You thinking Dae and JongUp are good looking?” Ukwon stated.

Yea but nothing compared to you.” SoHee smiled. Ukwon couldn’t resist it nor could he stay mad. They walked down the hall to the cafeteria and outside lunch area.
The bell rang and Daon jumped up and started to rush out of the class when he realized LeeHi wasn’t behind him. He let everyone out of the classroom before he went back into get her.

Hey pretty girl what’s wrong?” Daon asked.

I don’t eat in the cafeteria I bring my lunch and eat in the library. I am just waiting for everyone to get there before I leave so I can get there without being caught.” LeeHi said.

Why?” Daon asked confused.

I just don’t eat with everyone. I am not welcome.” LeeHi said.

You said your brother goes her though doesn’t he want you to sit with him?” Daon said sitting back down next to her.

Yes but he understands.” LeeHi said.

Come on please come eat with me and SungWon you are our only friend.” Daon said.

I am sorry I can’t they are already out to get me.” LeeHi said getting up and running out of the class room. Daon tried to run after her but she went into the girl’s bathroom and out the other side putting her close to the library. Daon went to the cafeteria and found SungWon surrounded by the two girls and another when Daon walked with LeeHi passed when she was scared. He walked up to SungWon.

Scram!” Daon said the three girl’s heads snapped around and looked at him.

Excuse me!” Hyuna snapped. Everyone in the lunch area had stopped talking and were now staring.

I didn’t stutter did I” Daon said.

You don’t know who you are talking to.” Cl said.

I don’t care get away from my brother.” Daon said.

If he wanted us to leave all he had to do was say so.” Ga-in smiled.

I am pretty sure I did.” SungWon said.

You heard him now go.” Daon snapped.

You have no clue who you are messing with” Hyuna said.

He already said he didn’t care just walk away.” Ukwon said walking over to them.

Don’t even start.” Cl said.

You already did so I suggest you walk away now.” SoHee said.

What are you going to do about it?” Cl said.

Would you like a matching scar?” SoHee said.

Let’s just go they are not worth it.” Hyuna said walking away with the other two following her. Everyone just stared at them in shock no one ever stood up to them.

Hi I am Ukwon.” He said sticking his hand out to Daon.

Hi Daon and this is SungWon he is my brother.” Daon said shaking Ukwon’s hand.

Thanks for protecting my sister.” Ukwon said.

No problem she is my friend it’s what I do.” Daon said.

Hi I am SoHee” She said cutting in to talk to SungWon.

Hi.” He replied.

Come sit with us.” Ukwon motioned for them to follow him and they did. They all sat the table and started talking while Ukwon was on his phone.

To Joko

You just missed your friend stomp all over Hyuna and the girls.”

To Kitty

What?”

To Joko

That kid Daon just embarrassed the hell out of them and they took it well after SoHee and I stepped in. She threatened to give Cl a matching scar to Hyuna's.”

To Kitty

He is so dumb why would he do that?”

To Joko

Because he is your friend. At least he is trying to be.”

To Kitty

We just met we are not friends.”

To Joko

Not what he thinks. Stop pushing people away.”

Ukwon put his phone away and went back to eating his food and heard Daon and SungWon speaking in Korean.

Why would you do that on the first day?” SungWon asked.

You didn’t see how afraid of them she was.” Daon replied.

What do you mean?” SungWon asked.

“She is terrified of those girls. I don’t know why but when I saw them near you and I just lost my temper.” Daon said.

Well can you keep the playing the knight and shinning armor to a minimum this time I don’t want to have to change schools in the middle of the year again this is my senior year.” SungWon pleaded.

No promises.” Daon smiled.

You know we know Korean too right?” SoHee teased.

I assumed, but not everyone here does.” Daon laughed replying in Korean.

Where is she?” SungWon asked.

Library!” The three of them said in unison causing everyone at the table to laugh.

They must be talking about LeeHi.” Aliee giggled as she sat down. SungWon was stunned for a minute before he got up almost knocking down his chair down leaving to go find LeeHi. He went to the library and looked around and didn’t find her. He went back out and walked around to the other side of the building and saw her sitting at the picnic table with her head phones on a book out and eating her lunch. He walked over and sat across from her. She almost jumped out of her skin. He smiled at her as she took her head phone off.

photo 312yfgEXYgL.jpg

I didn’t mean to scare you.” He giggled.

It’s fine what are you doing here?” She asked.

I came to sit with you.” He smiled at her.

Where’s your lunch?” She asked.

I already ate it.” He laughed.

Okay…” She said looking down at her book and taking another bite of her sandwich.

So why are you so scared of them?” He asked after a few minutes of them being silent.

I am not!” She said defensively.

MinHyuk wouldn’t have done it if he didn’t think you were scared.” He said.

He shouldn’t have done it he is just going to make things hard for him and harder for me.” She said.

Well we won’t let them do anything to you as long as we are around.” He said reaching over and lifting her chin to look at him.

I don’t need protecting I will just avoid them until they graduate.” She said pushing his hand away.

What happen?” He asked.

I don’t want to talk about it.” She said looking back down at her book.

Okay.” He said he just watched her read her book and sat there quietly. They lunch bell rang and she started to pack up.

You don’t have to sit with me.” She said.

I want to.” He said.

It’s just going to make them hate you.” She said.

I am sure they already do when I turned them down.” He laughed.

You two are crazy.” She said as she started to walk away.

I am going to walk you to class.” He said catching up to her and putting his arm around her shoulder.

You don’t…” He cut her off.

I want to!” He said pulling her closer to him as they walked through the hall.

You really are cute and tiny.” He laughed as she stopped in front of the class room.

I am not!” She pouted.

Get used to it MinHyuk isn’t going to stop calling you pretty girl it is his nickname for you.” He laughed.

I got that.” She said sarcastically.

You can let go now.” She said looking up at him and he removed his arm from her shoulder.

Can I walk you home?” He asked.

I don’t go home after school I have after school activities I do.” LeeHi said.

Like what?” He asked.

I take the bus across town and I go visit the kids in the childrens floor at the hospital.” She said.

Can I go with you?” He asked.

You guys really don’t give up do you?” She asked.

No so can I go?” He asked.

Go where?” Daon said as he walked up.

Nowhere.” She said walking into the classroom and sitting in the back of the classroom.

Go where?” Daon asked

Nowhere I guess.” SungWon said sounding disappointed.

I have tryouts after school so I will see you at home.” Daon said.

Good luck see you later.” SungWon said. Daon went into the class and sat next to LeeHi.

Hey pretty girl if I make the team are you going to come to my games?” Daon asked.

Are you crazy?” She asked.

Why?” He said.

As you discovered I am terrified of the people here. What makes you think I would go to the one place I know where everyone is going to be?” She said looking at him like he was stupid.

Well SungWon will be there he will protect you.” Daon said. She just shook her head at him and pulled out her binder.

So is that a yes?” Daon asked.

No!” She said.

The rest of the day was uneventful for the most part. At the end of the day LeeHi text Ukwon telling him she was going to the hospital and that she would be home after. She waited until she knew everyone was gone and went to catch her bus. She put her headphones on and waited at the bus stop for the bus. It arrived on time, she sat in the back and bobbed her head to the music singing to the songs every once in a while. She hadn’t noticed that SungWon had got on the bus too. She pushed the button for her stop and went into the hospital and up to the Childrens floor. She walked up to the wall of donors and stopped at the picture of YoungJae and all the names of the children he helped when he died. She touched the picture and quickly wiped away the tear that fell. SungWon watched as she walked away. He went over to the wall to see what she was looking at. He read the little description under the picture.

Even though you are gone you live on in everyone you helped.”

He went to the help desk and asked the woman there what she could tell him about the boy on the wall. She told him he and his girlfriend had been in a terrible accident. That they had both been in a coma and she woke up after three days but that he didn't make it passing away a month later. He thanked the woman and went to childrens ward. He walked passed a bunch of empty rooms and wondered where all the children were. He stopped a nurse and asked her where the children were she pointed to a room at the end of the hall.

They are in there.” She smiled and walked away. As he walked up the room he could hear someone singing. He slowly opened the door and peeked in. No one noticed him so he went in and sat at the back and watched as LeeHi sang to the kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR9m1QU7nKI

When she finished the song she saw him sitting in the back. He was smiling at her. She walked to the back of the room and dragged him out.

What are you doing here?” She asked.

You never said I couldn’t come.” He smiled.

So you followed me?” She asked

Kind of. That was amazing.” He smiled. She blushed and told him to shut up. She went back in and told the kids she had to leave early they questioned her asking her if the boy was her boyfriend. She told them no and that she didn’t have a boyfriend. She left the room again dragging SungWon behind her. She stopped at the nurse's station and told them she would be leaving early. She continued to drag him with her.

Please don’t follow me again.” She said.

I just wanted to hang out with you.” He said.

No one wants to hang out with me and I am fine with it, why are you trying so hard?” She asked.
“Because I want to be your friend. I don’t care what those people think nor does MinHyuk we like you. You are going to have to get used to it.” He said kissing her on the cheek and walking to the bus stop. She stood there frozen as she watched him walk away. The bus pulled up and she ran over to it. She got on and followed him to the back of the bus and sat next to him in complete silence until her phone rang. She looked down at the phone and it was a text message.

You won’t always have someone protecting you!”

Argh! Cant they just leave me alone. How did they get my number.” She said under her breath.

What?” He asked.

Nothing.” She said putting her phone away. She pushed the button for her stop and he followed her.

What are you doing?” she asked.

Walking you home.” He said.

You really don’t have to.” She said

I saw the text.” He said. She just looked away from him and he took her by the hand and started to walk. She felt very uncomfortable with him holding her hand but she didn’t want to hurt his feelings and pull away. He walked her all the way to her door and kissed her on the cheek again.

Goodnight.” He said.

Goodnight.” She replied.

See you at school.” He said as he walked away. She went in the house got bombarded with questions answered them and went up to change out of her school clothes. She went back down and had dinner with her family and excused herself to go do her homework and sleep. She had left her phone upstairs in her bag like always. She pulled it out and set it on the desk and pulled her binder out. When she had everything ready to study she checked her phone.

From Daon

Hey pretty girl I made the team.”

Hey are you ignoring me?”

What are you doing?”

She shook her head.

To Daon

OMG Daon! I was having dinner with my family and then I was getting ready to study my phone is not my first priority. That is good for you that you made the team I am still not going.”

From Daon

Sorry SungWon just told me what happen I will be at your house at 7:20 to walk with you to school.”

To Daon

I can walk with Ukwon I don’t need protecting.”

From Daon

See you in the morning.”

To Daon

You really are not going to listening to me are you?”

From Daon

Nope.”

She put her phone down and started to study. It didn’t last long before her phone was ringing again and someone was knocking on her door. She got up and went to the door.

How was school?” Her mother asked.

I told you fine. I even have some friends.” LeeHi said.

That is good. Are you sure you don’t want to go back to Korea and home study or go to a school there? Maybe we could get you a tutor and you could home school here.” She asked.

No I am fine if I run away they win.” LeeHi said sitting back down at her desk.

I just don’t want you to get hurt again.” She said.

I am fine SoHee and Ukwon are both there and I will just stay out of everyone’s way.” LeeHi said as her phone went off again. She looked at the phone and it was the same number from earlier.

Mom can we change my number again.” LeeHi asked.

It’s happening again?” She asked.

Yea please just change the number I don’t know how they got it.” LeeHi said.

“This is the last time we change it. I am going to report this again. Please give me your phone.” She said.

Let me asked someone something real fast.” LeeHi said.

To Daon

When you were in try outs did you leave your phone in the lockers?”

From Daon

Yea why?”

To Daon

Thanks I will give you my new number tomorrow you can’t leave your phone anywhere alone with my number in it please tell SungWon.”

From Daon

Why?”

To Daon

Don't worry about it just don't leave your phone alone with my name and number in it.”

From Daon

Sorry.”

To Daon

You didn’t know. Good night.”

From Daon

Goodnight Pretty girl”

LeeHi just shook her head and handed her mom the phone. She kissed her on the head and left the room. Not even a second later Ukwon came in the room.

Oh I give up” She exhaled.

Head in the books the first night.” He laughed.

What can I do for you?” She snapped.

Can you please eat with us tomorrow?” Ukwon said giving her the puppy eyes.

I really don’t mind sitting alone. Besides I really don’t want to make things worse.” She said.

I am not worried about them.” Ukwon said.

I know it’s just…” She stopped.

I know please try?” Ukwon asked.

I will try.” She said. He jumped up and down and hugged her before running out of the room. She left her desk and went over to her bed and laid down facing the window looking out into the night sky. She slowly slipped in to a slumber.

Editied 9/14/13