Ch 1

Who Will She Choose...


Ch 1

LeeHi got off the plane and was picked up her parents and brother Ukwon. By the time they got home it was lunch time so there mother went into the kitchen to make them all lunch. While Ukwon and LeeHi went up stairs to put her bags away the entire way from the kitchen and up the stairs Ukwon kept giggling behind her.

What is so funny?” LeeHi asked

Nothing.” Ukwon giggled again as they came to her room.

You are strange you know that right…” LeeHi said opening the door to her room only to be attacked by her best friend and brother’s girl friend SoHee.

You are home!” SoHee squealed bear hugging her.

Yes I am home you can let me go now.” LeeHi laugh while trying to take in air. SoHee happened to be a lot stronger then her.

I have just missed you!” SoHee pouted releasing her.

I missed you too but we Skyped almost every day.” LeeHi laughed.

"Not the same as getting to touch and hug you every day." SoHee said shaking her back and forth.

"OK okay you win you can let me go now!" LeeHi cried and SoHee let her go and stepped aside for LeeHi to see what she had done to her room.

photo Elegant-Modern-Teen-Bedroom-Decorating-Ideas-5.jpg

Her room that was normally only black and white her favorite colors even though they are not actually colors one is all the colors and the other being the absence of color. It was now covered in pink, blue and purple decorations.

"I should have known better..." LeeHi smiled walking into her room.

"You were giggling like a crazy person when we were walking up the stairs." LeeHi said punching her bother in the arm.

"You really should have." Ukwon teased.

"I am your best friend, and I love you" SoHee said.

"Did you have to do all the colors?" LeeHi said.

"Says the girl in the pink dress?" Ukwon said

photo LeeHi1.jpg

"Shut up!" LeeHi whined.

"KIDS LUNCH!" Their mother yelled.

"Everyone was in on this little surprise weren't they?" LeeHi said walking down the stairs followed by the other two.

"Yep." SoHee smiled.


 

They all ate lunch at the table and had small talk about the flight and her mother gave her, her schedule that had come in the mail. When they were done LeeHi went upstairs to take a nap she was jet lagged and only had one day to adjust to being home. When she finally woke up it was 7 in the morning Sunday. She left a note for her mom and went to find her classes or more like the most direct routes to her classes. She wanted to avoid everyone but that was going to be a little hard being as it was high school and all. She just wanted to make it through the day without getting picked on.

photo Northside-High-School.jpg

 

It was going to be nice having SoHee and Ukwon there if she felt like being social she could because she knew they wanted her to sit with them. But she was more or less going to spend most her time in the library. She checked out the lunch area and continued to walk around the school she found many places she could hide and read or even do her home work. SoHee and Ukwon had also told her that they had finished the library while she was gone so she saved it for last knowing it was going to be her favorite please.

She walked around the building looking through windows and smiling. She was excited it looked huge and as if it had every book she could ever want. She wasn't paying attention when she bumped into someone.

"Oh I am so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going." LeeHi said.

"It was all my fault I didn't expect anyone else to be here so I wasn't looking is it 7:30 am after all." The boy laughed.

"I didn't expect anyone to be here either." She laughed looking up at the boy for the first time. She was a little taken back he was very handsome to her at least.

"Hi my name is SungWon." He said putting his hand out.

“LeeHi…" She said in a small mousy voice taking his hand. He smiled at how cute she sounded.

"It's very nice to meet you. Do you go to this school?" SungWon asked.

"I will be a freshman this year." LeeHi smiled.

"My brother is going to be a freshman too and I am a senior." SungWon smiled to her.

"What's his name?" LeeHi asked

"MinHyuk he is around here somewhere we wanted to check out the school before we started." SungWon smiled.

"My brother is a sophomore here and told me they had the best library so I wanted to see it." LeeHi smiled and put her hands up on the window to look again.

"And you wait till the last day of summer to go see it?" He laughed copying her looking in the building.

"I was gone all summer in South Korea and they just did the remodel over ]summer." LeeHi smiled looking at him. She heard someone yelling in the distance.

"And there is my bother would you like to meet him?" SungWon asked.

"Sure…" LeeHi smiled following after him.

"What did you go to South Korea for?" SungWon asked.

"Visit family and a school program." LeeHi said walking slightly behind him as the other boy walked up to them.

"Hyung you have to see this gym it is amazing!" MinHyuk said completely failing to notice the girl standing next to him.

"Min you don't need to call me Hyung here. This is LeeHi she is in your grade." SungWon smiled pulling her from behind him.

"Wow you are so cute and tiny. My name is MinHyuk but you can call me Daon if you want…" He smiled at her. She was completely flushed he called her cute and tiny and she didn't know what to do.

"Hi…" She squeaked raising her hand to and quickly dropping it causing them to laugh.

"She just came back from Korea, and her brother goes here too." SungWon smiled.

"Did you like it?" Daon asked.

"I love going. My family and I go most summers but this was the first time alone." LeeHi smiled.

Wow our parents would never let us go to another country alone and I am going to be 18!” SungWon laughed.

Well I went to family and was with a school group so I didn’t really go alone.” LeeHi smiled looking down.

So do you have a lot of friends?” Daon asked.

Nope...” LeeHi said softly.

Really you are so pretty you would think you were one of the popular girl.” Daon said causing her to blush. She had just tossed some clean clothes from the bottom of her closet it on and she had just pulled her hair up into a messy bun.

photo 252236_10151220561343521_277520838_n.jpg

Quit embarrassing the poor girl Min we just met her don’t scare off the only potential friend we have met.” SungWon laughed.

What I am just telling the truth she is very cute.” Daon smiled at her.

I only have one friend here and she is my best friend. Most my friends are in South Korea. Then there is my brother and he has been my best friends boyfriend for as long as I can remember. They have their friends and they are all nice to me but they are just people who pity me.” LeeHi said trying to change the subject.

“Besides I am more interested in my books and school work then people. Not to mention the girls here are mean.” LeeHi laughed.

Can’t be as bad as the girls at our last school, they all thought they were the best but in reality they were not.” SungWon said. LeeHi started to say something but her phone started to ring. It was Boyfriends “Janus” the part where they sing “you’re not a bad girl.” Both the boys started to giggle.

What?” LeeHi looked at them.

Are you going to answer it?” Daon asked.

It is just SoHee I can call her back I bet she just wants to drag me somewhere I don't want to go like always.” LeeHi laughed.

It is okay we should be getting home. Can we have your number?” SungWon asked.

“I guess I don't really give my number out.” LeeHi said telling him her number.

I will send you a text with our numbers.” SungWon smiled.

“She you later pretty girl.” Daon said causing her to blush and cover her face with her phone in her hand.

photo 41R9E0El1aL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cute phone.” SungWon smiled.

Thanks!” LeeHi squeaked and turned around walking the opposite direction from them calling SoHee back.

Hey sorry I didn’t answer I was talking to some boys.” LeeHi said.

Really! What boys?” SoHee squealed.

OMG do you have to scream in my ear like that?” LeeHi asked.

You were talking to boys this is huge.” SoHee gasped.

They are just new boys from well I forgot to ask, but they are Korean.” LeeHi laughed.

How did you meet them?” SoHee asked

I woke up early and decided I would go and look for my classes. Basically the fastest way to my classes. I wasn’t looking when I was looking in the library by the way it is amazing when I bumped into the older brother.” LeeHi said.

BROTHERS THEY ARE BROTHERS!” SoHee yelled.

Yes one is my age and the other is a senior, but it isn’t a big deal the younger one seems like he is the jock type. But the older brother seems like he is more of a book worn guy and he kept talking.” LeeHi said.

Please tell me you got their numbers!” SoHee asked

No, why would I do that it’s not like we are going to hang out or anything.” LeeHi lied.

What am I going to do with you” SoHee whined.

I don’t know what the big deal is they are just boys.” LeeHi said.

FRIENDS, not just boys they could be friends other than me and your brother.” SoHee said.

I don’t need friends when I am not with you guys I am doing school work it is fine.” LeeHi said.

OMG you make me crazy!” SoHee yelled.

What did you need anyways I was heading home.” LeeHi said.

I wanted to see if you wanted to go shopping?” SoHee asked.

Are you going to make me try on ridiculous clothes?” LeeHi whined.

No I promise.” SoHee laughed.

I just need to go home and get a jacket and brush my hair.” LeeHi said.

Okay I will be there to get you in 30 minutes.” SoHee said.

See you then.” LeeHi said hanging up her phone and shoving it in her pocket.

When she got home she could hear her mother in the kitchen and she could smell breakfast and went to the kitchen. She laughed when she walked in because their mother was batting Ukwon’s hand away as he tried to steal bacon. While Ukwon was distracting their mother LeeHi swooped in and stole some bacon and giggled. Ukwon whined and stuck his tongue out at her. She told her mother she was going to the mall with SoHee and Ukwon that she was just going to come home mad that SoHee made her try on things she didn’t like. She went up stairs to fix her hair and find a hoodie. She ran back down the stairs just as Ukwon and SoHee were kissing.

OMG get a room.” LeeHi whined.

See this is why you should have got those boys numbers.” SoHee teased.

OMG no!” LeeHi cried.

Boys what boys?” Ukwon asked.

She met boys at the school this morning.” SoHee told on her.

Look at that the summer in Korea did you some good.” Ukwon teased.

“OMG stop can we go now?” LeeHi whined.

Yah sure!” SoHee said linking her arm with LeeHi’s.


 

It’s not that big of a town and only takes 10 minutes form LeeHi’s house to the mall. They walk around the mall stopping at different stores spending lots of money on both of them. They decided they wanted some coffee and went to the Starbucks in the mall. They were standing in line when LeeHi thought she heard someone say “hey pretty girl” in a light whisper. She shook her head and looked around to see if she can see the person saying it. But she didn’t see anyone in the store with them. They got to the front of the line and ordered their drinks. They were standing to the side for their drinks to be ready when she heard it again just closer.

Do you hear that?” LeeHi asked.

Hear what?” SoHee asked.

Never mind.” LeeHi said and grabbed their drinks handing SoHee hers. They walked out of the coffee shop and LeeHi stopped abruptly when someone wraps their hands around her hear head covering eyes and causing LeeHi to scream.

Hey pretty girl!” Daon smiled.

OMG you scared the hell out of me jerk.” She whined turning around punching him.

“Well you were ignoring me.” Daon said.

No I wasn’t.” LeeHi said.

So who is this cutie?” SoHee smiled.

Hi I am Daon.” Daon smiled putting his hand out for her.

Hi, SoHee.” She said hesitantly taking his hand. He was very polite for a teenage boy.

What are you doing here?” LeeHi asked.

I was looking for girls to talk to but then I saw you and I just wanted to talk to you.” Daon teased.

OMG!” LeeHi whined starting to blush.

Oh that is too cute Ukwon is going to get a kick out of this.” SoHee said snapping a picture of them. Daon leaned in close to her and smiled putting up a peace sign. LeeHi just tried to run away.

Are you here alone?” LeeHi asked looking around for SungWon.

Yea, SungWon doesn’t care too much to go out and hit on girls.” Daon smiled.

Sounds like someone I know” SoHee teased.

You have no clue he would rather sit at home and read a book then go out.” Daon said.

This one too it is like pulling teeth to get her to put the book down they will get along great.” SoHee said. Daon gave a sour face at the thought of SungWon getting to spend time alone with her.

“It strange because he likes people loves to talk to them and once he starts it’s so hard to get him to stop.” Daon smiled.

You too apparently.” LeeHi said under breath.

What?” Daon said.

Nothing.” LeeHi said.

Here let me carry those for you guys.” Daon said taking the bags from SoHee and LeeHi.

Wow where were you when I was single.” SoHee smiled.

Were you ever single?” LeeHi teased.

Good point.” SoHee laughed. They continued to walk around the mall for almost 2 more hours. When they finally left they had a bunch of bags and smiles on their faces. Daon never called her by her name, he kept calling her “pretty girl” making her blush every time. SoHee thought it was the greatest thing in the world. They said their goodbyes and everyone went home. When they got home her mother was in the kitchen working on dinner. She put the credit card and receipts on the counter next to her mother. She looked down that them and the bags SoHee was carrying and smiled.

Good job Hunny did you have a good time?” Her mother asked.

We had a great time” SoHee said.

Really now?” Her mother asked.

Yea this boy kept calling her “pretty girl” and followed us around. He even carried our bags the entire time and everything.” SoHee smiled causing LeeHi to blush for the thousandth time.

Stop please this is so embarrassing I don’t even know the boy.” LeeHi cried.

Okay I give only because I need to get home and put my stuff away. Wear the outfit he picked out tomorrow.” SoHee said.

He even helped pick out clothes well now he is a keeper.” Her mother said.

MOM!!!!!!!!!!” LeeHi yelled.

Tell Ukwon I will call him later tonight.” SoHee said closing the door. LeeHi turned around to see her mother smiling at her.

What are you smiling at?” LeeHi asked.

The smile on your face.” Her mother said.

What smile?” LeeHi frowned.

You had a good day I haven’t seen you smile like that since…” Her mother said.

Don’t say it...” LeeHi growled.

“I am sorry.” Her mother said. She kissed the top of her head and walked down the hall to the living room. LeeHi grabbed her bags and took them up stairs she went into her room and tossing the bags in the bottom of her closet. She went to her bed and pulled out the photo album and sat on her bed. She started to flip through the pictures in the album. Tears started to fall as she flipped the pages and went back to the night she got the phone call.

He is gone.”

It was the middle of the night and the it was all the person on the other end of the phone said. She kept looking through the photo album and crying even more. She had ended up crying herself to sleep. Dinner was done and Ukwon went to get her for dinner. He knocked on the door and got no answer. He opened the door and found her sleeping on her bed and hugging the photo album. He walked over to the bed pulled the photo album out from her arms and put it back in the place she kept. He pulled the blanket up over her, turned the light off and went back down stairs.

She isn’t going to be coming down.” Ukwon said sitting down at the table.

Is she okay?” Their mother asked.

She was looking at the photo album.” Ukwon said.

That was my fault, I said I hadn’t seen her that happy since him.” Their mother said.

She misses him so much I do too.” Ukwon said wiping away a tear.

I know I miss him too.” Their mother said. They ate their dinner in silence it was just the two of them because their father was was working late. When they were done Ukwon was washing the dishes when LeeHi came down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Why didn’t someone one wake me?” She asked him.

I didn’t want to disturb you.” Ukwon said.

I am not going to break.” LeeHi said.

I know you just looked so peaceful I couldn’t do it.” Ukwon said.

I can heat you some dinner up.” He smiled.

I can do it, are you ready for school?” LeeHi asked.

Of course my baby sister is going to be joining me in school again.” He teased.

You are so stupid.” LeeHi laughed and pushed him with her shoulder.

Are you ready?” He asked.

As ever I know who to avoid and where not to go thanks to you guys letting me know where they will be.” LeeHi smiled.

You know I miss him too.” Ukwon said.

I know it is just different for me, I loved him differently.” LeeHi said.

I know I just wanted you to know you could talk to me.” Ukwon said.

I know there is just nothing to talk about it won’t bring him back.” LeeHi said grabbing her bowl and going back upstairs. Ukwon shook his head and finished the dishes. He went up stairs and called SoHee.

I found her sleeping with the photo album again. She looked like she had cried herself to sleep.” Ukwon said.

It has only been 6 months we have to give her time.” SoHee said.

I just don’t want it to get worse this year I mean she was a loner before besides having him and us but now I just…” Ukwon said.

I know what you mean but she is going to be fine and that boy today followed her around like a sad puppy trying to get her attention it was cute.” SoHee said.

I want to meet this boy that has a thing for my baby sister.” Ukwon said.

You will he is going to our school.” SoHee said.

Well it is late I should go so I can get ready for school and get some sleep.” SoHee said.

I love you.” He said.

I love you even more then you know.” SoHee said.

I know.” He said hanging up the phone. He went into the hall and went down to LeeHi’s door. He knocked on it lightly and waited for her to answer. She opened the door and smiled.

What?” LeeHi said.

I just wondered if you wanted to watch a movie with me before bed.” Ukwon asked

Your room or mine?” LeeHi said.

Mine my TV and bed are bigger.” Ukwon laughed.

We have the same size bed and I don’t care to have a huge TV.” LeeHi laughed.

What do you want to watch?” Ukwon asked.

Something funny.” LeeHi laughed.

That I can do.” He said pulling her down the hall with him.

Kwon I need to get my PJ's on.” LeeHi said pulling away from him.

Hurry up we need to be watching it before Mom comes in.” Ukwon said.

I know it will take me a few minutes I promise.” LeeHi said walking back into her room.

photo LeeHiyellow.jpg

She pushed open the door to find Ukwon putting the movie in the DVD player. She ran over to his bed and jumped into the bed. He laughed at her and went over to the bed and got into the covers with her. He the movie and LeeHi started to laugh.

Really how many times are we going to watch this?” LeeHi asked.

031398134763 photo 031398134763.jpg

What she is hot!” Ukwon laughed.

Whatever.” LeeHi said lying back on the pillows. They watched the movie for 30 minutes or so before their mother came in to check on them and found them both sound asleep. She turned the movie off and kissed them both on the foreheads and covered them up. She turned the lights out and went to her room.

Edited 9/14/13