Ch 6

Who Will She Choose...

Ch 6

 

It was 10 minutes before from the start of the hearing and Hyuna and her girls showed up. They were all dressed to impress. It was like they were going out on the town instead of going to a discipline hearing.

photo Hearing.jpg

They walked right up to the front of the room and sat right in the front. They started snickering to one another about LeeHi sitting between JongUp and Daehyun. But what they didn't know is she was pissed about being stuck there. When the hearing started it was just the school principle and the board members discussing about violence in the school and how bulling wouldn't be tolerated. Then it was time for Hyuna to plead her case for LeeHi to be expelled.

“She killed my brother, she stole my boyfriend and she scared my face. She shouldn't be allowed to attend school with us. She could kill again. She acts all innocent to everyone she is dangerous.” Hyuna said.

“She didn't do any of that! You have been torturing her for the last 8 months. They stalk her they have her so afraid to walk down the halls. We have even stopped them from picking on her more than once. She is lying and she deserved it.” Daehyun interrupted before the principle could say anything.

“Young man sit down you will have your turn to speak.” The principle snapped. LeeHi was already in tears as soon as Hyuna started talking. She had hid her face behind JongUp and held on the his arm tightly. He whispered it was all going to be okay as all the people Hyuna got stand up on her side. They said horrible things about her that made her cringe. The things that people she had known her whole entire life. She had turned everyone against her and she did nothing to deserve it. She didn't kill him she didn't steal her boyfriend and Hyuna deserved it. After the 10th person she couldn't take it anymore. She stood up and told the board to make up their minds without her being there she didn't need to listen to people talk about her. The board told her to sit back down but she was gone. JongUp jumped and followed her tripping over everyone she managed to miss.

She ran from the school down the street to her house slamming the door to the house before running up to her room and throwing herself on her bed. She was so upset and crying that she didn't even hear someone come in behind her. She felt the bed dip down next to her and she nearly fell of the bed from being scared.

“What are you doing here?” She gasped holding her chest.

“I followed you. You are fast you should try out for the track team this spring.” He smiled.

“Just go away and leave me alone I told you guys you would only make it worst for me and you did.” She snapped covering her head with her pillow.

“Please stop letting her get the best of you. She isn't going to win. You have never been in trouble before you are not going to get expelled no matter what she gets people to say about you. You know they are not true and the people that matter know that they are not true.” He said pulling the pillow back from her.

“All those things she is saying I didn't take Daehyun he left her. I didn't kill YoungJae I wish I would have died with him.” She cried.

“Don't say that then Ukwon and SoHee would be the ones going through what they are going through.” JongUp said.

“She isn't the only one going through it. What about me I can't even grieve properly. I spent the entire summer in Korea ignoring it. Only to come home and have everyone in their mother either want to be my friend or date me. Where were they when my best friend was dying?”

“That's not fair I was really messed up just waiting for my little sister to die. I have spent the last 8 months trying to make it up to her.” JongUp snapped.

“I am sorry that came out wrong.” She said sitting up.

“I know. But it got the point across we were all going through it. You are her are just having a harder time of it. Cl and Ga-in are just following in tote with their best friend.” He said whipping a tear from her cheek.

“Why me? Why does it have to be me?” She said.

“Why you what?” SungWon said as he enter the room.

“Why do you all want to fix me? There is nothing to fix. So what I fall in love again it wont be the same. I will still feel like I am betraying him. You get one soul mate in life and mine died because of me. Because I wasn't strong enough to just tell him no.” She cried.

“Wow. Never thought I would meet someone that would feel the same way I did.” SungWon said sitting down next to them.

“What is that supposed to mean?” JongUp asked.

“Maybe there is more to the story of why MinHyuk is the way he is then we let on.” He started.

 

“When I was 14 and we still lived in Korea I was in love once. She was a lot like you, she was picked on by everyone after an incident. She was a couple years ahead of me but we didn't care. We were in love and when I mean in love we thought we could do anything. We made a mistake and she got pregnant. But our parents wouldn't let us end the pregnancy wouldn't let us go look at any other options. To teach us a lesson they still made her go to school with everyone else. People tortured us, her more so. Towards the 8 month it go so bad that she took her own life and the life of our child. They tried to save the baby but sadly he was not strong enough after she over dosed. When it was taking to long for her, she then cut her wrist.” He said taking a deep breath.

“After I returned to school people blamed me called me a baby killer because I could not protect her from everyone else. I tried. Believe me I tried. I would go home beaten and broken daily. But MinHyuk made it all stop. He made them all stop and leave me alone. He doesn't care about the consequence as you can see we are here. He is standing up at that hearing now telling them about the fear he saw when you came out of the class room. Daehyun is there telling them about how he has run interface. Those people that are saying what she said to say are weak minded people and karma will get them. I have been made stronger for what I have gone through. You will come out stronger for this. You will be the one that is victorious. There is nothing about you that says bully says you are a violent. People get pushed to their breaking point. It is to be expected with what you have gone through.” He stopped.

“I..” She started to say but he cut her off.

“I am not saying any of this to make you feel better or like my is worse. I say this because expelled or not you will be stronger. If it comes down to it I will home school with you. It's my last year and you know what I would rather be with you then with a school full of people who are so afraid of a sad little girl.” He said.

“Me too.” JongUp smiled.

“I just want this to be over with.” She said laying back into the bed. JongUp moved over to the other side of her and laid down next to her and SungWon did the same on the other side of her.

“Still didn't answer me... Why me?” She whispered.

“You are special.” Her mother said pushing opening the door.

“Sorry.” Both boys said jumping out of the bed.

“I think its time for everyone to go home and we talk with her.” She said.

“Yes ma'am.” SungWon said getting up and kissing LeeHi on the head.

“I will take you home.” JongUp said.

“I am not getting on your bike with you...” SungWon laughed.

“I have my car...” JongUp teased.

“Oh... Spoiled much?” He laughed.

“Pretty much.” They laughed as they walked down the stairs passing her dad and brother.

 

After she left he hearing the room was in an up roar. They finally got it calmed down after having people that were just spectating leave. It was finally time for the parents to talk and Hyuna's mother.

 

“What are we doing here? Over one fit? Only because it finally comes to blood something is being done? Punishing the wrong person. It is my daughter that is the one at fault. I am grieving the loss of my son and my daughter. I didn't only loose my son that dreadful night. A piece of my daughter died with him. Her heart she is no longer the loving person I once knew she scares me. LeeHi did not kill my son. I don't blame her it was an accident. I would not wish this pain on anyone. I have tired getting my daughter help but nothing works. If anyone should be up for being expelled it should be my daughter.” She stopped and looked at her daughter.

“Your are a bully and your bother would be ashamed of you. He loved her you loved her she didn't do anything to deserve your torture.” She turned back to the panel.

“She deserves it and I really don't care if you expel her or not. It is still debatable if she isn't being sent to military school. There is no reason for any of this hearing to continue I am ashamed of myself and of my daughter. I take full blame for her actions and LeeHi's. I was to blinded by grief to see what was really going on around me but no more.” She said taking her seat next to Hyuna. She was red faced and angry. She went to try and leave but her mother pushed her back down.

“Move again and it will be in Korea.” She snapped.

 

“Well then that was not what we expected.” The principle said.

“I would like to say something.” LeeHi's mother said.

“Go ahead.” He said.

 

“I agree with her one hundred percent. Why are we here? Why did it have to come to a pretty face being scared for anyone to do something. For anyone to see what was going on? Why we here now that my daughter finally snapped and beat the snot out of that little brat. Who at one point my daughter wanted to be just like. She idealized her that was the boy she loved big sister and he talked about his sister and how much he loved her. What a kind gentle person she was and that he wouldn't know what to do if he ever lost her. She lost her brother and turned into a spiteful mean person. That is not and excuse for her actions. There is no excuse for torturing someone to the point that she resorted violence. But there is no excuse for my daughters actions as well. She should have never resort to violence. I hope that we can call it time served for suspensions they received and hope they have both learned a lesson.”

 

“We will take all of today into consideration. We will let you all know your decision before the end of the day.” The principle said standing up. The rest of the panel followed him out of the room. Everyone started standing up to leave.

“Do you think they are going to expel her?” Ukwon asked.

“I hope they don't...” Daehyun said.