~The Scar~

Falling Leaves

No song links today, sorry. "Cry" by MBLAQ is good for the first half, the rest is up to you.  

[Yoochun POV]

 looked at me, her eyes round and shocked. She fumbled with her fingers a bit and looked at me, as if quietly hoping I would say something like ‘never mind’and move one. But I’m not one to be easily distracted and I looked at her firmly, waiting for an answer.

“W…why are you asking about that?” she stuttered.

“I just wanna know…” I answered, my hands tucked into the pocket of my jeans.

“Well… no…”

“You seem unsure,” I stated, noticing her sudden hesitation.

Did she like him? Why was I so nervous now, it was like going into the end of year exam… but a little worse. I held my breath and watched her footsteps beside me. They suddenly quickened.

“Oh look, there’s the ice cream man.”

Our conversation was cut short as I watched <you> bounce off and smile at the ice cream vendor. She waved me over. Her eyes twinkling and her small smile inviting, there was something so sweet and pure radiating from , she was like a small child again. But that smile was no longer there, the smile from her childhood. There was a slight breeze around me and I watched as the wind lunged forward and spread ’s hair out like wings. I stopped, placing my hand on my heart. It was beating fast. Too fast.

Why was it that every time I noticed something beautiful about her my heart would decide to do jump up and down as if it were bouncing on a trampoline? There was no way I could possibly like her… I mean… I’ve never liked anyone before… Never. It must be my male hormones kicking in. That’s it.

I tossed the thoughts aside and quickened my pace. was already eating her ice cream, the ajusshi looked at me and smiled.

“My usual,” he nodded and proceeded to scooping my ice cream.

“Do you come here often?”

“Everyday,” I answered.

nodded and continued to eat her ice-cream with much enthusiasm as I paid the ajusshi.

We didn’t talk much after that, it was 5 o’clock by the time we started heading home. As we sat in silence in the car I looked out the window at the cars that began to build up outside, it was home time for everyone and I somewhat wished that we would be caught in traffic and maybe get home later than I wanted.

“Thank you for showing me around today.”

I turned and looked at her, she was so quiet I almost thought I hadn’t heard her right. She avoided my eyes nervously and turned to look out the window when I didn’t reply.

“Umm… you’re welcome.”

I was just about to ask her if she enjoyed the trip or not when I felt the car pull up to a stop. turned around and smiled at me. I gave her a stunned nod and she quickly opened the car door. It was the thud of the door that woke me up. I watched as unlocked the gate and fumbled for her house key. Without a second thought I quickly got out of the car and rushed up to the gate, calling her name. Surprised by my outburst dropped her keys, I quickly let myself in and picked them up. I was unsure whether I would give her hte keys or let her take them from my hand. I put my hand out and cautiously took the keys from my open palm. She looked at me and I looked at her… it was very awkward.

“Is there something you wanted to say Yoochun oppa?” she asked.

Then I realized it was me who had called her in the first place and now I was standing outside her house. What was I waiting for? Why did I even get out of the car? 

"Umm... I just wanted to.... umm... say... good... goodbye," I stumbled.

looked at me like as if I had just spoken to her in an alien language.

"Goodbye," she said.

We both nodded at the same time and turned away from each other, walking our own seperate directions. For some strange reason, I suddenly felt like as if this was the way it was going to be with us. Always walking in the opposite direction of each other...

[ POV]

I could feel eyes on me as I hurried to Biology. I only had to descent a flight of stairs before getting to where I needed to be. Suddenly, without warning a wet, cold liquid enveloped me from head to toe. I froze, speechless and shocked I listened to the giggles and voices around me. There was no smell, so I could only presume that it was water and not some kind of chemical from the science labs. My hair clung to my face as I tried my best to wring out my dripping wet clothes.

“So you think you can just come along and steal Yoochun oppa? Just because we don’t let you have Yunho, doesn’t mean you get to go after Yoochun oppa,” stated a familiar voice.

I looked up from between the strands of harid sticking to my face. It was Yoona. All her friends were laughing and staring as she began making her way downt he steps towards me. I glared at her through the curtains of my hair. Stealing Yoochun… he wasn’t even hers to begin with… and plus I wasn’t trying to steal anybody.

“Yoochun oppa is mine,” she stated, hands folded firmly across her chest.

She began pushing me and I stood my ground, frustrated she pushed me again, only this time it was harder. I stumbled back, my hair swinging back unveiling my face. A look of horror swept over Yoona’s face and she covered . They were looking at it. My scar. Disorientated and in shock I turn hurriedly down the steps, they were wet and slippery, suddenly, it went black.

[Yoochun POV]

I looked at my time table, I had maths now, I pondered about whether or not I should take the long way to class or if I needed to go for the shortcut. I looked at my watch, I still had time before class started so I took the long way. had crossed my mind more than once today and I felt that I had to do myself some justice and let my mind dream instead of shutting off the thoughts completely. As I turned the corner, about two metres before the stairs I had to climb, I noticed a whole bunch of girls crowded around something at the bottom of the steps. I put my headphones on before stepping around the circle and walking past the crowd. I stopped.  From the corner of my eye I noticed something that looked familiar, a bag. But not just any bag, it was ’s bag. It lay neglected and forgotten just a few centimetres outside the circle of hawks. It wasn’t like her to just throw her bag in random places. A thought occurred to me and I gently squeezed through the crowd. In the middle of the circle laid a limp and broken looking body.

Her name escaped my lips with concern and I scooped her up in my arms and demanded to know what had happened. Yoona stared at me and trembled as she explained that had slipped down the stairs. I hardly believed her story, but there was no time for questions, needed to seek medical help. was immediately transferred to the hospital where an x-ray could be taken and a brain scan took place. I waited outside the x-ray room while I waited for Junsu to arrive with his parents. I got more than I had hoped for because when Junsu arrived, following close behind him was the rest of the gang. I greeted Mr and Mrs Kim and looked at Junsu, he face was masked with concern.

“How is she?”

“She’s unconscious. The doctors are scanning her brain for any internal bleeding…”

My voice trailed off as I noticed a pair of eyes staring intently at me. It was Yunho. He was clearly just as interested in ’s condition as everyone else, maybe even a little bit more.

What was he doing here? He wasn’t even family or friend. I turned away and sat down on a nearby bench. A few minutes later the doctor came out.

“Is Miss Kim’s next of kin here?”

“We are.”

“Miss Kim is in a stable condition, however there has been some nerve damage and as a concequence she will suffer from temporary blindness.”

Mrs Kim gasped and buried her head into her husband's chest.

“It is only temporary right?” Mr Kim asked.

“Yes, but temporary may not mean a short period of time, it could last for days, months or even years. However it will definitely heal.”

With a slgiht nod the doctor left, leaving us all a little dazed and unsteady. I rushed after the doctor, catching his elbow as he turned the corner.

“Doctor, is there anything that can speed up the recovery? And when can we see her?”

“Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to speed up the recovery, it will just depend on how strong Miss Kim is and how fast her body heals the damaged nerves. She is awake but has requested that no one visits,” with another nod he leaves.

I stood still for a moment, processing the mildly disturbing news. Why were doctors always so blank faced? Never showing emotions of any sort.

I guess they’d probably seen the worst of life and death, making them grim and boring. I shook the thoughts off and rejoined everyone else.

“I’m gonna take my parents home, you guys should probably head back to school,” Junsu said as he lead his parents out.

I nodded, but I didn’t want to leave.

What if she did want to see someone and no one was here?

What if she can’t handle not seeing and falls over or something?

Worries filled my mind and I realised there was no way I was going to be able to go back to school today.

“You guys go ahead, I’ve got a relative here that I need to see,” I lied.

Everyone gave me a queer look as I waved goodbye to my friends and farewelled Mr and Mrs Kim. As soon as everyone left I went to find the doctor that had treated . Luckily his grey hair and neon blue shoes weren’t hard to miss.

“I can’t tell you what room she’s in because she doesn’t want to be disturbed.”

“It’s just for future reference, I promise to keep it quiet till then,” I assured him in my most mature tone.

“Room 0406, tell no one.”

I smiled and nodded, then looked at his name badge.

“Thankyou Mr Choi.”

I walked as slowly as I could away from him, just to prove that I wasn’t desperate to see . However, as soon as I reached the corner I almost started up a sprint. Luckily for me I saw a nruse outside ’s room, she was carrying a small washbasin and a towel.

“Excuse me, do you think you could let me do this?” I asked looking at the basin and the towel.

“And who are you?” she asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

“I’m her brother,” I lied with a the most charming smile I could give.

She looked at me one last time and gently handed me the basin and the towel.

“Thankyou.”

Inside ’s room the chemical smell of the hospital seemed to be stronger and I exhaled deeply.

“Who’s there?” asked ’s trembling voice.

“Nurse,” I lied again, it was becoming way too easy.

“Wasn’t it a lady before?”

“She’s busy,” I replied quickly.

I made my way closer to ’s bed and placed the basin on the bedside table. I dipped the cloth into the warm water and wringed it out, placing it quickly in her hands.

“Thankyou, I have to warn you though, as my make-up comes off, please don’t run out the door screaming.”

Her voice trailed off and I looked at her, though she couldn’t see my confused expression.

Why were girls so worried about their natural face? I mean personally, I think a girl’s natural face is so much more beautiful than one caked with make-up. I sat down on the chair next to her bed and watched as she began cautiously wiping her face. At first it was nothing, she looked just as pretty, however it wasn’t until she asked me to rinse her cloth that I understood what she was talking about earlier. A thick jagged scar ran from the tip of her left eyebrow all the way down to the right side of her face.

“Horrific isn’t it?” she asked.

“I usually hate my scar, but maybe because I can’t see your reaction, it’s easier for me to talk about it.”

I stared at in shock, if she could see me now, she would hate me. But in all honesty her scar was horrendous, not in a way that made her ugly, but the scar itself would always distract eyes from her beautiful and delicate features.

“You’re still very pretty,” I admitted, hoping that it might ease her pain, just a little.

“You’re very kind,” she stated with what looked like a small smile…

 

Author's Note: Okay, I'm ready for it... abuse me with all the annoyance you have.... I really do apologise for my lack of updates, it's my final year in senior school so I haven't time to update or even think about fanfic. I apologise, I do hope people are still reading though. Once again sorry everyone. I've utilised the new thing AFF has out, hope having your names in the story makes more real and fun. ^_^