Noise

Falling Leaves

Author's Note: Okay, I put song links throughout my stories so I hope you guys will listen and read. First chapter, enjoy!

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGEs-q4Hqac]
[Yoochun POV]

Noise.
It was one of those things I despised, yet liked at the same time. The type of noise I could tolerate was that of a piano playing and the chatter of my friends. The type of noise I could not tolerate was the chatter of simple-minded rich people, who seemed to have occupied 90% of the school’s population. I tried my best to drown them out as I opened up a worn out copy of my favourite book and began reading. It was lunchtime, a time I generally did not like, though couldn’t avoid no matter how hard I tried. I was sitting alone at my usual spot waiting for my friends, who were as usual, late. I had just read past the third page when I noticed a figure approaching. I looked up slowly to see a young model-like guy making his way towards me with a tray piled high with almost everything the school cafeteria had to offer.
He was the maknae of our group, however he had the biggest appetite, did I also mention how much he towers over all of us? He was smart for his age and got moved up a few grades, hence the fact that he was hanging out with hyungs like me. He was well dressed today, though it’s the usual for him. He was turning heads as he took effortless strides towards the table. He was wearing a black and white printed tee, dark grey jeans and a silvery-grey jacket. At first glance you would think he was overdressed, but if you took time and looked at everyone else, he outfit seemed normal enough. He had an innocent face that would fool any girl, although he had never dated in his life. He was always the first to take note of any new girl and was quick to point out her flaws as well as things that made her special. He was the quiet Casanova. Shim Changmin.

“Hi, Yoochun hyung.” he greeted through a mouth filled with what looked like fries.

“Afternoon.” I replied, turning yet another page of my book.

That was it for our conversation. Changmin knew better than to talk to me while I was reading, an I avoided talking to him while he was eating, just to save myself from a gruesome site.
I didn’t even have to look up to know who had arrived at the cafeteria next. The soft giggles and delighted squeals already told me an angel had landed. I looked up tot see a huge grin plastered on his face as he sat down opposite me. He was wearing bright colours again today, a simple outfit that I could have guessed was not picked out by him. He hated changing and co-ordinating. He had a long white sleeved top on, dark blue jeans and wrapped around his neck was a black and white sweater. His round eyes and grin stared at me and I smiled back sincerely. It always amazed me how he could always be so happy. He was the cute angel. Kim Junsu.

“What are you so cheerful about Junsu hyung?” Changmin asked, his mouth still partially full, this time with what looked like a sandwich.

“Nothing really. I’m always like this. It’s the only way to get girls you know.” Junsu winked.

Changmin and I both smiled, satisfied with his answer. Nothing could ever get Junsu down, it was one of the things I liked about having him around. His smile was sort of contagious.
Two down, one to go. Out final member was to make his grand entrance anytime now. It would be easy to tell when he cam and I wished the response he got would last longer. The reason was…

“Here he comes,” Junsu said, interrupting my thoughts.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_2yfWPZWJI]

I smiled contently. A huge silence filled the cafeteria as soon as Junsu finished talking. At last, some peace and quiet. It’s always about now that I actually like lunchtime just a little bit. However today something was different, it was only then that I noticed that the normal thid of one pair of shoes was now replaced by two pairs. They stepped together in unison, creating a thudding harmony, a bit like a heartbeat.

“Is that?” Changmin began.

“Jung Jessica.” Junsu replied.

I laid my old book down on my lap and watched as the pair walked with their arms linked together through the middle of the cafeteria.
The guy was dressed fashionably with a hat, a collared shirt with check designs on it, a black jacket and a pair of stone washed denim jeans that were ripped. His face was described as perfect, not a single flaw could be found except for a small birthmark that sat a couple of centimetres under his shin on the left side of his neck. His body was masculine but his face was somewhat gently and womanly. A perfectly sculpted noise, mesmerising eyes that changed colour everyday with the help of contact lenses and a pair of peachy soft lips. Not that I had ever touched them but I had been told countless times by Junsu. That worried me a bit. A confident smirk spread across his lips as he noticed all eyes turned to look or more to admire, him and his new found partner. I lifted the corner of my lips as his eyes fell onto me. He winked and I nodded gently in reply, sighing ever so slightly. Another victim had fallen into his trap. Each week it was someone new, and each week another broken heart. I didn’t know how long this poor girl would last, I still it a miracle that anyone would date him anymore, had they not seen what their friends had been through. I guess girls are stubborn like that… no offence. This girl was going to be crying her eyes in about five days, and that’s only because she’s pretty. He was the heartbreaker. The playboy. Kim Jae Joong.

“Oppa, I’ll go now. See you later.”

Poor girl, she really has no clue. I shook my head gently as Jae Joong waved her away and sat down beside me.

“Hyung, you sure move fast.” I commented, turning my attention back to my book at noise began erupting again.

“Aigoo. I’m sure you would move fast too… if you ever talked to anyone.” Jae Joong teased as he put his arm around my shoulder.

I gave a soft chuckle and turned a page in my book as the others discussed tomorrows dance party. Who am I you ask? Well I rarely speak to others besides my friends. I’m a listener. Although not much comes out of my mouth, my mind is like clockwork. Complicated and continuously moving. I keep everything inside, I like to keep things inside, whether that’s a good or bad things… I’ll let you decide. And how do I score in the looks department? I wouldn’t know I mean, the way someone looks at themselves is completely different to the way others see you. My hair it’s slightly orange at the moment, long but out of my eyes. I have a pair of almond shaped eyes that I keep hidden behind a pair of black rimmed glasses, a pair of full lips that Junsu always describes as kissable, although I keep telling him he’s never going to touch them with his own. I also have a slightly wide nose, which is good for supporting my glasses when I like to read. Today I’m wearing a cream coloured jacket over a whited collared shirt, a pair of black jeans and a necklace my mother had given me for my 18th birthday last year. I liked to be simple, I blended in. I was the silent one. The sensitive one. Park Yoochun.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTJ3HLMPggk]

I continued to read, glancing at my watch to check the time. It wasn’t until Junsu spoke again that I heard something that caught my attention.


“My omma’s taking in my cousin, her parents died not too long ago.” Junsu explained.

“So does that mean she’ll be your new dongsaengs?” Jae Joong asked.

“I guess so,”

“Damn… that means she’s off limits.” Jae Joong muttered under his breath.

“When is she coming hyung?” Changmin asked.

“Today.”

“Chunnie, you remember my cousin don’t you?” Junsu asks.

“Yeah…” I whispered in reply.

How could I forget? She was a year younger than Junsu and I. It was our first year of primary school and we had a project to do together. I still remember it clearly, going over to Junsu’s house during Autumn, the leaves were falling outside and Junsu and I both ran inside to escape the chilly wind that blew around us. His cousin had come over, at first she wasn’t anything special, that was until I saw it. Her smile. It was the most sincere smile that I had ever seen, it touched her eyes and easily warmed you up from the inside out. She didn’t know me, she had never met me, yet the smile that she greeted me with was one you would give family. It was the first time ever I truly felt warm. And it was the last.
I pushed the old thoughts away, just in time while the chairs in the cafeteria were being pushed in. Everyone began filing out as I felt a nudge on my arm.

“Are you okay Chunnie?” Jae Joong asked.

“I’m fine.”

That was it. No more questions asked. I’m comforted by that. Jae Joong was never one to pry on other people’s feelings. We continued to walk as everyone else around us began to continue the dance party plans. Soon enough Junsu and Jae Joong parted ways with Changmin and I. As we got into class Changmin and I took our usual seats at the back of the class. As the teacher began talking I looked out the window and admired the red and orange of the trees beyond the glass. As I looked harder, I could see Falling Leaves. Each new leaf that fell was like a piece of my sadness falling away. I know eventually all those leaves will wither fall off. So hopefully my sadness too, would one day fall away. The first time I had seen her smile, it was in Autumn. Hopefully the second time I see her smile, it will be this Autumn. With each new coming season… there is hope.

Authors Note: So everyone, how was it? I hope you can forgive me for any typos and that you guys will leave me some nice comments. ^_^