Chapter 43. Sparkles

This Stupid Marriage

4 weeks have passed and every day felt like a dream to you.

You weren’t living with L.Joe even though you two are back together but you would often meet up with L.Joe when you bring him lunch or when he finishes work.

Life was back to normal again and it was perfect. You continued to go college and sometimes, when you finish, Myungsoo would always pick you and up and you two will hang out. L.Joe obviously knows and he did tell you to stop meeting up with Myungsoo but you told him that Myungsoo is just a friend. It took him time but he it up anyways.

Today, L.Joe called and told you not to bring lunch for him but instead meet him at the restaurant near his company.

It’s now 11:45 and you were getting dressed into a floral dress matched with a brown belt and bright yellow bracelet. The sun was out and the day was picture perfect.

You sat on the chair as you fiddled with your phone while waiting for L.Joe to arrive.

“I am so sorry, stupid work,” L.Joe complained as he pulled out the chair opposite you.

“It’s alright,” you smiled.

“Did I make you wait long?”

“Half an hour,” you answered truthfully.

“Now you’re making me feel bad,” he frowned.

“Don’t do that. It doesn’t suit you at all,” you chuckled.

“Babe, you know you love it,” he winked.

You scoffed and looked at the menu. “I already ordered your favourite,” you said not even looking at L.Joe’s stupid smiling face.

He leaned over the table and pressed his lips on your forehead. You looked up, shocked.

“This is why I love you.”

“Because I ordered you food?” You raised a brow.

He nodded. You sent him a glare and kicked his leg under the table.

“OWW!” He shouted.

Everyone in the restaurant looked at him. He smiled apologetically before turning back to you who is casually sipping the cold drink of lemon lime bitter.

“Why are you so violent?” He asked.

Soo Jin’s (You) POV

After eating, L.Joe led me towards his car. I asked him if he needed to go back to work but he said that he’s finishing early today.

What a lazy .

“Lotte World?”

“Yeah. Let’s go,” L.Joe smiled as he got out of the car.

I reluctantly got out after him and turned to him. “What are we doing here?”

“To have some fun of course!” He walked over, intertwined his hands with mine and pulled me off.

“So you decide to leave work early to go here?”

“Yeah. Why not? Let’s have some fun alright?”

After purchasing our tickets, we walked through the gates and started our journey.

“We have a special gift for the couple who finishes this Horror House! Please come and try it out!” A lady shouted.

I looked towards the lady and back at L.Joe.

“You want to go in there?” He spoke, almost nervously.

“Yeah, why not?” I smiled.

“Are you serious?”

“Oh, is the almighty L.Joe scared?” I wiggled my eyebrows at him.

“No. It’s just that you’re the first girl who suggested to go in the Horror House,” he explained.

My eyebrows furrowed. This guy seriously doesn’t think before he speaks. “What do you mean first girl? Who else did you take to the amusement park besides me?”

“I mean, first and last,” he winked. “Come on. Let’s go.”

With him dragging me, we entered. I was a little bit nervous yet excited.

L.Joe held my hand tightly and I grabbed onto his.

Let the journey begin.

----

 “Are you okay?” I questioned, handing him another tissue.

Guess what? We got a gift! We had to choose between some prizes laid out on the table and I chose the envelope with 2 Lotte World free entry tickets. Woo hoo!

“Thanks for hitting me,” he grumbled.

“It’s not my fault. Someone here decided to creep up on me and my fast reflexes just hit him in the nose,” I shrugged.

It’s true.

I was already freaking out and he decided to add fuel to the fire.

His actions have resulted him with a bloody nose.

“Babe,” he wiped his nose and tossed the tissue in the rubbish bin. “We’re currently dating right?”

“Yeah? Aren’t we?” I answered, sliding my finger down the bridge of his nose.

“Don’t you want to develop a family soon?”

Why is he asking me all this?

“Yeah, soon I guess. But why are you asking me this?”

He smiled and gave me a peck on the cheek. “Just curious. Come on, let's go and find food. I’m hungry.”

Walking hand in hand, we walked through the crowd. Even though minutes passed, I can’t help to wonder why L.Joe asked me those questions before.

I should ask him.

I turned around and found no one next to me. I didn’t even realise we stopped holding hands. But where is he?

I looked around. “L.Joe?”

“Soo Jin,” I heard his voice behind me.

I turned around and was surprised to see L.Joe standing there with a bunch of red roses and fairy floss in his hands.

“Oh there you are, I thought you left me,” I smiled. “What are these for?” I looked at what he was holding.

“Aren’t you hungry?”

“Yes!” I took the fairy floss out of his hands.

“What’s with the rose?”

“I saw them while waiting for the fairy floss so I thought I would buy them. Here,” he coughed.

What a sweetheart.

“Thanks.”

Suddenly, he grabbed my free hand and I looked up at him. He glazed into my eyes so lovingly and dearly. His eyes are filled with emotions and something in me just popped.

“Choi Soo Jin, when I first met you, I hated you,” he started to say.

I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Although I hated you, I was interested in you. When we found out we were getting married to each other there was a side of me who refused to and a side of me who wanted to. I wanted to find out more about you and I think that taking this opportunity will work.”

Oh no.

“Didn’t you agree on the marriage because your father will take away your money and cars?” I raised a brow.

“Partly.”

I rolled my eyes.

“But that doesn’t matter. Soon, I found myself falling for you for every memory we’ve made but I was scared to admit it. I don’t know why but yeah,” he struggled to say.

This guy and his pride.

“When I’ve finally realised that you weren’t going to be mine anymore, I couldn’t imagine my life without you. You aren’t the first girl I’ve dated, but you are the first girl whom I fell madly in love with and will be the last.”

I don’t know why but I found myself in tears.

And just at that moment, L.Joe knelt down and titled his head up to me.

I was shocked.

A huge crowd started to form around us.

“Choi Soo Jin, will you marry me…again?” He held out a diamond Swarovski ring.

The crowd started chanting and Teen Top jumped out of nowhere with streamers and party poppers.

“You do realise that this is our second marriage right?” I chuckled.

He nodded.

I followed, nodding along.

Everyone cheered and he slipped the ring on my finger. Although there were a lot of people around us, all I saw was L.Joe and I.

He stood up and pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

I felt like a thousand fireworks exploded in me, my body was trembling I was overwhelmed with joy.

“Thank you,” he whispered.


A/N: First of all... i am so sorry. I DO NOT know how proposals go so i didn't know what to write and decided to write jibber jabber. So, I haven't updated in a while have i? HAHA. Got caught up with school and stuff and i was being lazy... what's wrong with me. Anyways, 400+ subscribers... i'm so grateful and thank you to everyone who read this and commented even though some chapters are boring... HAHA <3 Have any of you listened to Exo's Wolf? Of course.. you have :) Again, thank you to everyone who subscribed and gave me support by commenting! Up to you if you want to upvote or not, i don't mind. (y)