3. t h e - s t r u m s - o f - f a l l .

Donghae's Adventures in Paris

 

w o r d s ; 1 8 3 9

g e n r e ; o m f g w t f i d k

s o n g ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNq9e6ZJNHk

It used to follow the song's rhythm, then it just flowed away into a deep world of IDKWTF, so. Listen if you dare.

 

 

It was the middle of autumn (or fall, whatever you prefer) and Donghae was already freezing cold. He had just moved to Paris in the middle of summer, and it was just perfect, but now, it was rather cold, and the flimsy jackets Donghae brought with him weren’t exactly going to help him.

Donghae was one to get cold easily, only abandoning jackets during the summer.

He grabbed a weak jumper and pulled it on—a routine thing, it was timed and all— then grabbing his keys and his phone; he opened the door and stepped out of his cozy house into the cold, outside world.

Why Donghae suddenly wanted to take a walk was beyond him, but he just hoped there was some sort of purpose to the sudden need to leave the protection of his house.

Donghae skipped down the stairs, and by going for even just a small walk, he had hopes it would warm him up. Your average heater wasn’t going to help Donghae now; it was already rather cold. Also, he decided he was in need of some exercise—abs are hot, flab is not, that was Donghae’s motto.

He left the building, waving to the guards (he was lonely, sure, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t friendly). Since his French was getting better and he could already speak in small phrases to the guards, this time he actually made small talk with them, and though it mostly consisted of how cold the weather was outside, Donghae was still proud they understood him and didn’t laugh at his horrible French (if Donghae was a French person, he’d laugh at himself).

Donghae strolled out of the 4-storey building, immediately met (or strongly hit) by the strong breezes, and Donghae shivered slightly, pulling his jumper down in hopes of getting warmer, seriously regretting leaving the house, and wanting to go back immediately, though he didn’t—it would have been a waste of time if he did.

Immediately in front of his small apartment block was a small river, and that was probably the only thing that convinced Donghae to move to this particular apartment block besides the friendly guards and nice view (it was a small place, and Wi-Fi was slow). Usually there were lots of boats sailing by the river though, but today, it almost seemed kind of empty. There weren’t any people selling seafood either, or even just small bits of merchandise like there usually were.

It was literally empty.

Was there some sort of festival somewhere else?

Rather confused, Donghae hopped onto the ledge of the river-side and started to walk across it, wandering nowhere in particular, and just letting his feet take him forward. He had remembered the first day he moved here, the boat people that were passing by told him to be careful, and that’s what made Donghae feel more at home.

Suddenly, a faint strumming noise was heard, and didn’t go unnoticed by Donghae at all.

Donghae was always one for music—he wanted to take a music course of University, but his parents said it would’ve been useless; it was extremely hard to make it in the music business anyway. Donghae agreed, though still considered it a hobby (too bad the only things he could do were rap, sing in the shower, dance, and play the piano rather awkwardly).

Donghae hopped off the ledge, and perked his ears up, listening for the source of the beautiful music, and when he figured it was the way he was already headed, he got back on the ledge, spread his arms out for balance and continued to walk.

Maybe this was it, Donghae thought. Maybe this was the hidden intention of coming out for a walk.

The strumming patterns were beautiful—no, angelic— the notes were beautiful and the song was just lovely in so many ways and with each note, Donghae felt like he was floating higher and higher in the air, and he almost thought it was dangerous to be walking on the ledge any longer.

When Donghae finally saw what the source of the music was, he felt his heartstrings tug, his mouth smile, and his whole existence finally had a purpose.

It was a male around his age with blonde hair, probably bleached, and he wore a large black jumper, skinny jeans and a gray scarf that Donghae hoped he could try on. This person, Donghae concluded, and one of life’s best gifts to human kind, and he had just found it.

This particular male was currently strumming a classical guitar, and was sitting cross-legged on the ledge where Donghae was walking.

Donghae jumped off the ledge and walked happily over to the boy, but before even approaching, he felt his cheeks flush, and a sudden wave of nervousness came over him, but it was too late. The blonde male had seen him.

The blonde’s eyes flickered up as he stopped strumming, and Donghae looked back at him. They exchange eye contact for a while, and the blonde smiled innocently at Donghae, who swore he was floating atop a cloud at that very moment, and he was probably singing (badly) with the angels.

The blonde put down the guitar so it was leaning against the ledge as he stood up and made his way towards Donghae slowly, running his fingers through his hair, and Donghae could only manage to make noise that came from the back of his throat that any sane human being wouldn’t be able to make.

Maybe he was different. Yeah, different—that was the word.

“I’m Eunhyuk,” The blonde male stated suddenly, arriving all too close to Donghae for his liking, and Donghae decided that ‘personal space’ wasn’t in his dictionary, or perhaps he just ignored it. Eunhyuk probably hung out on the wrong side of the internet.

“Donghae,” He stuttered, stepping back slightly at the use of Korean. He didn’t expect Eunhyuk to speak Korean, but then again, Donghae didn’t expect Eunhyuk to speak to him at all.

Donghae still hadn’t looked Eunhyuk in the eye officially yet; he was too nervous, and it was almost hilarious how he was avoiding Eunhyuk now. And in fact, Eunhyuk was trying to cover up a small chuckle.

“You’re attractive, Donghae,” Eunhyuk said rather bluntly after a while, and Donghae suddenly giggled, then almost gasped at the odd laughter that escaped his mouth as his cheeks turned redder (if that was even possible anymore). “You’re very cute.”

Eunhyuk stepped back from the closeness and sat down on the edge and stared at Donghae, inviting him to sit down as well for some reason, though Donghae thought of it more as a command as he followed to sit down; he needed a break from closeness.

Eunhyuk picked up the guitar again, muttering something of an apology as he began to play a completely unfamiliar melody.

Donghae had never heard the song before, and he didn’t expect it, but neither did Eunhyuk; Eunhyuk was just playing randomly, taking down notes in his mind, making a mental reminder to himself that he should write the song down somewhere.

“Sing,” Eunhyuk muttered after a while, the music fading into the background and Donghae’s attention immediately faltered, Eunhyuk’s attractive voice distracted him.

Donghae looked him straight in the eye (way to go, Donghae!) with a slightly puzzled face, and mouthed a small ‘what’.

“Sing,” Eunhyuk repeated. “Can you sing?”

Donghae shyly nodded, and it wasn’t a lie; he did sing rather well— or at least he thought so— though he didn’t particularly know how well he sang outside of the shower.

Donghae opened his mouth, and words immediately flew out, harmonizing with the beautiful chords of the guitar accompaniment, and much to both of their surprise, they actually sounded good.

Eunhyuk knew something was missing from his music, or much more, his life, but he actually had found it, and when Eunhyuk least expected it as well.

As the music faded to an end, Eunhyuk looked over at Donghae with expectant eyes as Donghae mouth closed, his heart beating faster than it ever had before. Donghae had never really sung in front of anyone else, and not to mention that he had only met Eunhyuk today as well; Donghae didn’t know where this newfound trust had come from.

Eunhyuk stood up and walked in front of Donghae, and Donghae took this as a cue for him to stand up as well.

Eunhyuk stepped closer to Donghae (how was this even possible) and whispered, “That song was for you before placing his lips on Donghae’s.

They kissed for a mere second, and then Eunhyuk immediately backed out, much to Donghae’s confusion; he was enjoying it and was  disappointed to no end by this.

“No, I’m sorry,” He said quickly.

“It’s fine,” Donghae tried to say, but Eunhyuk just sat back down and sighed, then looked up at Donghae, eyes watering.

Donghae sat down next to Eunhyuk, and rubbed his back lightly.

“No, it’s not, you don’t see,” Eunhyuk started, and Donghae just told Eunhyuk to keep telling him more.

“Well, where do I start?” Eunhyuk began to explain. “Every other relationship, I’ve rushed into, and everyone tells me it’s too much, and it almost… No, I can’t explain it. They don’t, and I don’t know.” He paused, and released a small hiccup before continuing. “Then I saw you, and I thought I could do well, I thought I could be different. You were different, and I wanted to be too, but then, then I just did that.

“See, I’d never really gone slowly before, and well, I found you, as I said before, extremely cute, and I really wanted to give it a shot; you seemed exactly my type, to be honest. You were different, cute but somewhat different, and well-“

Donghae cut him off my muttering something along the lines of, “You idiot, you were extremely different as well, and I was disappointed you didn’t continue kissing me,” then hugging him, because Donghae had to agree—kissing was a bit too intimate for a first meeting, despite the fact that he couldn’t deny the fact that he had actually enjoyed it.

“C’mon, let’s go,” Donghae announced, standing up and turning around to face Eunhyuk with a triumphant smile on his face. “I came out for a walk. Just ‘cause I have a new boyfriend now doesn’t mean I have to stop my plans for today.”

Eunhyuk stood up too, smiling cheekily at the word ‘boyfriend’, and almost instinctively, the both of their hands came together, and fingers intertwined, Donghae’s fingers fitting perfectly into Eunhyuk’s, and Eunhyuk’s fingers fitting perfectly into Donghae’s.

“Where are we going?” Eunhyuk asked after a while of walking, and he swore Donghae had no idea where the hell he was going.

“A large window, any large window, I don’t know—I just feel like writing our names on a foggy window then taking a photo, because that’s what different couples do, and we’re both extremely different.”

 

~~

Because I felt bad for not updating for more then a week, I give you this. Haha, wtf am I writing now. And I apologise; the next chapter will be angsty. Or at least, I hope it'll be angsty. If it's funny, then that'd be awkward.

Alyssa stop talking. Okay.

Comment? c: