1. i n e x p e r i e n c e d .

Donghae's Adventures in Paris

 

w o r d s ; 2 6 0 3

g e n r e ; f l u f f , c o m e d y

s o n g ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjc2jqHOsRU

I recommend listening to the song, though it's not required~

 

Dear Diary,

If I don’t find love in the City of Love, I have officially failed at life. And I don’t mean I failed at life like that last time I accidentally killed my goldfish and I said I failed at life—no. This just might possibly be worse.

Until next time, Donghae

Donghae closed his diary and put down his rather fancy feather pen as he looked up from the lonesome bench he was sitting on. He looked up and saw the place that personified beauty: Paris— and Donghae was now quite used to it.

He had been living in Paris for just about two months now, no more no less, and was beginning to pick up on the language, though it still made people cringe whenever he tried to converse. Well, at least he could order his daily cup of coffee in the mornings, because that’s all he really needed.

However, moving to Paris had a purpose, and one that he still hadn’t fulfilled: finding love.

Perhaps it was because the way he decided to attract people was doodling stupidly in his diary every day in the same spot; he had almost finished the pages of his diary, and was going to ask some people how to say ‘I need a diary’ and ‘don’t look at me like that; it’s totally masculine!’ in French.

This tactic, if you could call it one, that is— to most people’s horror— actually picked up a few French girls who found Donghae’s style of drawing abstract, or thought he was drawing a cute bunny, or something along those lines.

It was very humorous indeed.

Donghae had to explain in extremely awkward French that he was drawing a car (which was most likely what he would draw; he couldn’t really draw anything else since he wasn’t really much on an artist) and they would just stare for a few seconds before turning around and walking away.

Donghae just shrugged most of the time; figuring cars aren’t nearly as seductive as bunnies.

Yeah, Donghae wasn’t particularly experienced in the field of love; he was just hoping the City of Love would do him well, and possibly give him a few tips. And possibly some cheats codes.

He looked over at the amount of people sitting on the side of the extremely fancy, large fountain quite a few meters away and let me tell you, there were a lot.

Donghae had noticed that at around five in the afternoon, everyone would come out and either buy some buns, or buy a small cupcake. Or maybe they didn’t buy anything, but everyone would sit by the fountain, possibly reading a book as well, or typing away on their laptop.

Donghae turned the page of his diary to a brand new blank double page and almost put his pen on the page, but was interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat rather loudly, and it startled him quite a bit.

He looked up, and coincidentally straight into the eyes of a rather amused looking blonde male who made Donghae’s mouth drop and his heart stop.

Did I mention he was male?

Donghae had always assumed he way straight; it was by default. He had nothing against gays, and in fact, his best friend was gay and Donghae was perfectly happy for him and his boyfriend, and had nothing against it. The only thing that scared him was that he found this person standing in front of him extremely attractive—and I mean really extremely attractive. Seriously, Donghae had never thought anyone was this attractive, not even females, and the mere thought of it just scared him.

Also, as stated before, Donghae wasn’t really experienced in the whole field of love, so this was quite a large shock to him, so it was only natural he just stared, gaping at the blonde male in front of him.

Wearing a white, plain dress shirt, jeans and a rather casual pair of shoes, he held a dark green hardback A4 sketchbook under his left arm.

“Hi,” The blonde man said fluently in French with a smile, then sitting down next to Donghae, he took the pen and diary out of Donghae’s hands and put it on top of his sketchbook. Using his sketchbook as a table, he began to draw. “Mind if I draw on this?”

Donghae smiled nervously and nodded slightly, but it wasn’t like he had a choice; the male was already making marks on the diary page.

“Where are you from?” The blonde man asked, making careful lines with the pen. He was still speaking in French, and Donghae swore this guy had just made the language ten times more attractive.

“K-Korea…” Donghae replied in French with a stutter, proceeding to make the blonde smile, and to Donghae’s disappointment, chuckle.

His smile was rather strange, Donghae noticed. He showed his teeth and gums, and it was rather awkward, and some people might have considered it rather ugly, but it made Donghae’s insides turn into a puddle of goo in his stomach as his inner organs imploded into bursts of mini rainbow sparkles.

“Me too,” The blonde replied in Korean, then making Donghae’s eyes widen. “My name is Hyukjae, but you can just call me Eunhyuk.”

“Eunhyuk,” Donghae smiled, the name rolling off his tongue casually. There was finally some Korean in this place to make Donghae feel more comfortable. “My name is Donghae.”

Eunhyuk’s eyes were still focused on the drawing as he stuck his tongue out in focus, but a small smile appeared on his mouth.

“Donghae,” Eunhyuk mumbled, just wanting to repeat the name as he continued doodling.

His eyebrows were furrowed, and Donghae leaned over to look at the drawing and holy mother—it was one of the best drawings Donghae had ever seen.

It was of the fountain, and all the people sitting there, and some people even standing up or eating bread, maybe even reading a book, and then he saw the bench in the back, and himself sitting.

The mind-blowing part was this was all done in pen (he didn’t even know this was possible to do without an eraser and a million years). How one person could draw this well, and in pen really astounded Donghae as Eunhyuk gave the diary and pen back to him.

“It’s a really good drawing,” Donghae smiled, examining the picture Eunhyuk drew over the double page.

‘Really good drawing,’ Donghae scoffed at his own words, ‘what an understatement. It’s a masterpiece.

Donghae could’ve sworn he saw Eunhyuk blush, even just a tiny bit, and just the thought in itself made Donghae chuckle, because Eunhyuk really didn’t seem like the modest type; he just seemed way more confident.

“Would you like to grab something to eat with me, Donghae?” Eunhyuk inquired, finally looking up to Donghae. “It gets awfully lonely when you’re all by yourself.”

Donghae could almost swear his heart beat more than it was supposed to as he felt an odd pull in his heart. It was a new feeling, but it was a sensation Donghae most definitely wanted to feel more often; it was just so full of perfection and made him feel giddy and high, and in need of a coffee, and possibly a small little fancy cupcake—chocolate, of course, there were no exceptions.

Donghae put his light feather pen in the middle of the diary and closed it, and nodding, he stood up slowly, holding the book with both of his hands.

“I’d love to,” Donghae smiled, hoping the loud beat of his heart wasn’t heard by Eunhyuk.

Donghae stood up rather clumsily, and almost tripped over on his own feet, but Eunhyuk stepped over gracefully to help Donghae balance (attractive and graceful; Donghae swore this guys was perfect), though it didn’t really help his mental stability.

“Thanks,” Donghae stuttered, although it was in Korean.

Eunhyuk chuckled, finding Donghae rather cute as they walked together (but with Eunhyuk leading, of course) to wherever fate led them, which was apparently to what Eunhyuk called ‘his favourite cafe’.

Donghae opened the door, and smiled at the rather bright yellow but cozy interior of the place. It wasn’t too large; it was quite small with only a few tables, and there were only a few customers.
Most of the walls were made of glass which allowed you to peer through to see all the beautiful plants that grew in the garden in the back. The one wall that wasn’t made of glass was pretty average; just a warm light brown colour with lots of pictures hung up on it.

It was a very nice place, Donghae concluded, and decided Eunhyuk had rather good taste in liking it. The food was the only thing left for Donghae to judge, and to be quite frank, Donghae would’ve eaten anything at this point with much gusto; he was quite hungry.

Donghae nodded his head politely at the lady with the messy brunette curls behind the pink counter top whom he assumed was the waitress, who just giggled and waved, her manicured fingernails being shown off—they were pink too, one of Donghae’s least favourite colours. A smile appeared on Donghae’s face, but just when he was about to walk up to her to start a small conversation with his limited French vocabulary, Eunhyuk patted his back lightly.

“Get a seat,” Eunhyuk whispered hastily, pulling Donghae’s gaze away from the lady, and maybe it was wishful thinking, but Donghae thought Eunhyuk almost sounded jealous. “And take my sketchbook.”

Donghae took Eunhyuk’s sketchbook to the nearest two-seated table which wasn’t far from the counter where Eunhyuk was ordering as Donghae flipped his sketchbook open.

Eunhyuk spoke fluent French to the waitress, and it was music to Donghae’s ears. He closed his eyes and picked out the only few words he knew, translating everything mentally.

Donghae scanned through all the pages, finally concluding that Eunhyuk was absolutely fantastic at drawing, and his realism (was that what it was called?) was absolutely astounding. As he finished flipping though, he put it down next to the table so it was balancing on the side of the wall.

Sooner or later, Eunhyuk came back with a tray; two plates and a cup of coffee on it, one plate with a strawberry cupcake which looked rather simple, and in contrast, another plate with a rather complex looking chocolate cake.

Eunhyuk sat down and placed the coffee and chocolate cake in front of Donghae (how did Eunhyuk know Donghae’s favourite flavor was chocolate?). Eunhyuk’s lips twitched upwards, something he told Donghae he did whenever he was extremely happy about something but didn’t want to show it.

Donghae smiled and took a small, rather intricate metal fork and begin to pick at his chocolate cake and eat it rather slowly, since he was one to savor delicious foods, unlike Eunhyuk, who quite literally just took the strawberry cupcake and ate the whole top part, then popping the rest of it in his mouth, he cleaned his mouth with the pink, perfume scented napkins provided by the shop.

“You eat slowly,” Eunhyuk chuckled, and Donghae only rolled his eyes slightly, which went unnoticed by Eunhyuk, who had opened his sketchbook, and with the pencil he took out of his pocket, he began to sketch.

Donghae, who was curious as to what Eunhyuk was drawing, perked his head up from the chocolate cake, but was only greeted with a small glare from Eunhyuk.

“Don’t look, it’s a surprise.” Eunhyuk explained, furrowing his eyebrows in concentration.

Donghae immediately froze, but ate a bit more chocolate cake before doing so, and suddenly, Eunhyuk laughed. Grabbing a napkin, Eunhyuk leaned over, wiping the chocolate on the side of Donghae’s mouth.

Blushing, Donghae said—and rather loudly— “You just wasted that chocolate, you poo!” and hit Eunhyuk on the head lightly. “I could’ve eaten that too!”

Eunhyuk’s lips twitched up into a small smile before he cocked his head to the side and rolled his eyes, then, his lips, he quickly sketched a bit more.

Donghae put four cubes of sugar in his coffee (“That’s the amount a lonely man would put”, Eunhyuk commented, and he had no idea how right he was) and he stirred it a bit before bringing the cup up to his lips, sipping slightly.

“Don’t move,” Eunhyuk said, just above a whisper.

Donghae drank a little bit of the coffee and put it back down, and continued to eat the extremely delicious chocolate cake.

For what seemed like hours, Donghae spent his time with Eunhyuk eating his own cake (yes, he was still eating the chocolate cake; he had already finished the coffee) and staring at Eunhyuk drawing. The sun had even gone down, and it was really getting late, and Donghae decided that after this, he would definitely bid farewell to Eunhyuk and go home.

As Donghae had the final bite of his chocolate cake, Eunhyuk put down the pencil and turned the sketchbook over so Donghae could see it, and it was a rather accurate drawing of him eating the chocolate cake.

Donghae widened his eyes, “How can you draw that well?”

“Well, it was a project for my art class,” Eunhyuk began to explain, a light blush on his cheeks (he obviously wasn’t used to getting complimented), and Donghae could only sigh at the subtle change of topics. “And I had to draw a ‘person engaged in action’. I actually just started talking to you because well, I kind of wanted to procrastinate, and you seemed interesting, but seeing as you took so long to eat, I just decided to draw you, since well, you were pretty engaged in eating that chocolate cake.”

“I see,” Donghae muttered, standing up; still not pleased with Eunhyuk’s answer, though his heart fluttered slightly at the ‘interesting’ comment; no one had ever thought of him as interesting before. “I kind of have to go now. It’s getting late.”

Eunhyuk sighed sadly but stood up as well.

It’s not like Donghae wanted to leave—he could have done anything to stay with this godly-looking male for even just a few more minutes—but he had to. The staff didn’t let anyone into his apartment complex past eight, and Donghae was pretty sure it was almost eight, so he’d have to get going.

“Let me walk you home,” A small voice said as Donghae stood up.

Donghae turned to Eunhyuk, a small smile appearing on his face as he nodded. “Sure.”

Eunhyuk took Donghae’s hand, which was quite a surprise to Donghae, and he turned Donghae around slightly as he cupped his face with one hand.

Donghae’s breath got caught in his throat as he released an odd chortling sound that sound only be described as inhumane. The shock was too much for someone was socially inept as Donghae, so of course it wouldn’t be understandable if he did this.

“You’re cute,” Eunhyuk whispered, just before he crushed his lips on to Donghae’s.

Donghae wasn’t short on kissing back with slightly more force, and their lips melted together for seconds before Donghae finally pulled away, intertwining his fingers with Eunhyuk’s.

“Thank you,” Donghae smiled and said, just above a whisper. “But we should get going now.”

Donghae didn’t want to tell, but Eunhyuk already knew; it was rather obvious by the way Donghae kissed back—he was really inexperienced, but for someone who hadn’t kissed anyone before, Donghae was pretty good at it. It was his first kiss, and Eunhyuk had just taken it, and with permission too.

 

 

~~

Okay, that's a lame ending, but yeah, hope you enjoyed the first one~

Comments make my day, and well, don't you wanna make my day? c: