2. f i r e w o r k s .

Donghae's Adventures in Paris

 

w o r d s ; 1 8 0 6

g e n r e ; f l u f f

s o n g ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63FPuqVRv3I

I reeeaaaalllyy recommend listening to this song; you won't have the same fluffy feeling without it! <3

 

 

Donghae quickly pulled his midnight gray oversized jumper over his torso and left the house, humming as he walked to where he and his boyfriend, Hyukjae, decided to meet.

He remembered how Hyukjae had told him he looked rather cute in it, and Donghae remembered smiling at that. He wanted to look good today; it was a special event, though he also wanted to look good for Hyukjae. Today was the last day of the year, and Hyukjae wanted to take him out on a picnic by the lake, and Hyukjae even told Donghae he had a surprise for him, and Donghae was extremely curious.

It was cold, obviously, and Donghae usually loved the winter; hoodies, staying at home, cuddles and hot chocolate were all some of Donghae’s favourite things, and they all accompanied winter perfectly, he usually said.

Donghae arrived under the third lamppost close to the place Hyukjae usually took him on picnics, and smiled when he saw Hyukjae arrive a few seconds later at the meeting point.

Donghae and Hyukjae had been dating for over a few months now and—much to Donghae’s disappointment— they hadn’t even shared their first official kiss yet. It was mostly hugs and light pecks on the cheek, but nothing really official.

They hadn’t really talked about it before, but Donghae just assumed Hyukjae thought about it too, because sometimes, he would stare at Donghae’s lips when he was talking, and that thought in itself made Donghae smile, even if it was rather creepy, because Donghae knew Hyukjae liked to take things slowly.

Hyukjae arrived under the light of the lamppost Donghae was waiting under, and he unknowingly smiled, the light of the lamp illuminating Hyukjae’s features perfectly as he walked slowly in front of Donghae, kissing the top of his head lightly.

Hyukjae smiled gently at Donghae, and with a picnic basket in one hand, he took Donghae’s hand with his free one and intertwined their fingers, and they began to walk to the small hill Hyukjae usually took Donghae to for picnics, or when they just wanted a calm walk, or even just a small lay-down to talk about anything and everything.

This was the definition of a perfect relationship, Donghae concluded. It was like best friends, but in love, and it was just amazing.

The field Hyukjae usually took Donghae was usually undisturbed, quiet and empty, and it was proven as they arrived there, perfect view of the lake and the lights of the Eiffel tower reflecting in the water, and in both of their opinions, and probably everyone else’s, it was absolutely stunning.

“It’s so beautiful,” Donghae sighed dreamily as Hyukjae laid the picnic blanket on the floor and set up a few flashlights so they could see once it got really dark (he wasn’t that romantic as to get candles, plus, with Hyukjae’s luck, they’d probably burn all the food before they could start eating), though they probably wouldn’t need it; the lights from the Eiffel tower make everything seem bright.

Hyukjae called Donghae back to the picnic when all the food was set up, and much to Donghae’s surprise, it was all the food he absolutely loved, and even more.

“Oh gosh, Hyukjae,” Donghae said, just above a whisper. “How hard was it to find sushi here?”

Hyukjae only chuckled lightly as Donghae skipped over to sit down next to him, beginning to eat the food. “Hard, but not too hard that’d I’d give up looking. After all, it’s all for you.”

The sides of his mouth twitched upwards as he continued eating, taking a small sip of the hot chocolate Hyukjae had made in the thermos.

“I swear, your hot chocolate is the only one I’ll drink,” Donghae giggled. “You really add your own flavor to it; no one else’s is as good.”

“It’s the cinnamon, I keep telling you, and the whipped cream.” Hyukjae laughed, but Donghae only hit him lightly.

“Don’t tell me the secret recipe, now it’s ruined!” Donghae exaggerated, bringing his hand to his stomach, only succeeding in making Hyukjae laugh.

They finished their food slowly (Donghae ate most of it since he was extremely hungry), and they heard screams from across the lake, and children were running around, lanterns being let go into the air, and it just filled the place with warmth, even though it was winter.

Hyukjae looked at Donghae and sighed nervously, checking his watch; half an hour left. He planned a rather huge surprise for Donghae, and since Donghae had only moved to Paris half a year ago in summer, this was all new to him.

This wasn’t what they did in Korea, obviously, though around the world, all the people were united by this moment, and in just one moment, the world is one again, and everyone forgets about the wars.

Hyukjae wasn’t really a pacifist, but he didn’t like arguments of any type, and he too loved winter, just like Donghae. He had excuses to cuddle Donghae (like they were doing now) and it was just so beautiful, and the coldness didn’t even feel empty when the world was together. It felt warm.

Donghae put his head on Hyukjae’s shoulder and kissed his cheek lightly, snuggling up a bit more.

It was still cold nonetheless, and neither of them could deny it. Donghae blew into the cold air, and a small puff appeared.

“Look, I’m a dragon,” Donghae giggled, blowing some more.

“Do you know how that works?” Hyukjae asked. It was like him, always wanting a chance to prove his smart to Donghae.

“No, not really,” Donghae laughed. “But it’s cool.”

“There’s steam because the air around us is colder than our breath, so it would create the steam from the heat,” Hyukjae explained, only to laugh when Donghae hit his chest lightly.

“You idiot,” Donghae laughed, snuggling impossibly closer to Hyukjae by the second. “You’ve ruined the whole dragon thing to me.”

“You know you love me,” Hyukjae teased, poking Donghae’s side, causing him to jolt up.

“Hyukjae, seriously, that tickles!”

“That’s the only reason I do it, Donghae,” Hyukjae laughed, as if to say it were obvious, only to gain a look from Donghae that was obviously supposed to be serious, but the twitching of the corners of his lips only made it less serious. “Your reactions are seriously funny!”

They sat in silence there, just staring at the beautiful reflection in the lake for what seemed like years before Donghae spoke up, “Hyukjae, I’m cold.”

“I’m not giving you my jacket, Donghae,” Hyukjae laughed, though snuggling with Donghae a bit more, wrapping his arm around Donghae’s waist to make up for it. “I’ll get too cold. Plus, you have like, three on already.”

Donghae scoffed. “Yeah, I guess, but what kind of a boyfriend would you be if you didn’t give me your jacket?”

“A real one,” Hyukjae suggested, only laughing lightly as Donghae jabbed his side, a small pout making its way onto his features as Hyukjae’s mouth twitched up into a small smile, an ‘aww’ threatening to escape his lips.

It was moments like these that made Hyukjae’s insides swirl up and implode into rainbows and unicorn glitter. Donghae was just so cute that he couldn’t even begin to fathom it.

Suddenly, a bright light in the sky exploded with a loud bang, and Donghae and Hyukjae looked up.

“Fireworks, Hyukjae?” Donghae sighed. “Was this the surprise?”

“Hmmm,” Hyukjae hummed. “Only the beginning; there’s one more part.”

Donghae gasped a bit, his curiosity taking over, though he controlled it, but he knew it would be something good; Hyukjae’s surprises were always shocking, but always sweet.

“If it’s from you,” Donghae started, looking up at the fireworks. “I guess it’s worth the wait then.”

Another one flew up into the sky, but this time, it was a swirling heart shape, and it was sapphire blue.

“That one’s nice,” Hyukjae smiled, pointing up and the recent green firework.

“Yes,” Donghae agreed, turning to Hyukjae. “Yes it is.”

They watched the fireworks for a few more minutes before suddenly, a large projector projected numbers onto a large screen that even they could see from fair away, and on it was a countdown to what Donghae could only guess as the countdown to the New Year.

“You know, Donghae,” Hyukjae started seriously as the countdown started from fifteen. “I always said I wanted to end this year, and begin the next one as specially as I could, right?”

Donghae nodded, gulping inaudibly as the fireworks continued, and blasts of music were heard across the lake and same to where they were at.

 “Well, you know how I’ve told you you’re the most special person to come into my life now?” Hyukjae muttered, almost silently as a blush came onto his cheeks.

Donghae nodded again, smiling and Hyukjae’s shyness, and he tilted his head slightly, wanting him to continue; it was getting genuinely interesting, and Donghae was pretty sure whatever Hyukjae was trying to say was to do with the final surprise.

 “Well,” Hyukjae murmured, placing his hand on Donghae’s cheek. “I just wanted to tell you something extremely important, and well,”

He paused for a few seconds, biting his lip as he continued to think of what words to use; Hyukjae was rather awkward, and usually couldn’t explain anything.

 “Well you see, I kind of didn’t want to kiss anyone until I was sure I loved them,” Hyukjae started again after a while, but Donghae only sighed. Hyukjae was rambling again. “And well, since you’re so perfect, I just kind of well-“

Donghae sighed impatiently, knowing what Hyukjae was getting to.

 “And well, you see, I kind of just really wanted to, uhm-“

“Just kiss me already, Hyukjae.” Donghae interrupted, cutting Hyukjae off.

 “Surprise,” Hyukjae finally whispered, placing his lips on Donghae’s and they fitted together almost perfectly, and Hyukjae was seriously regretting not doing that before, because it was seriously the most amazing feeling in the whole wide world.

Donghae kissed back immediately, and their lips moved together almost immediately in the innocent kiss, and even though it wasn’t as touchy-feely as any of the other couples in France, it was still what they both considered a perfect moment.

“Three, two, one,” They both heard people scream as fireworks louder than ever went off, “Happy New Year!”

Hyukjae pulled away from the kiss as he caressed Donghae cheeks lightly, kissing him one more time, and smiling in triumph.

“Happy New Year, Donghae, and surprise,” Hyukjae smiled lightly.  Donghae’s cheeks flushed as he buried his head in Hyukjae’s shoulder quickly, hiding his face.

“I seriously regret not doing that before,” Hyukjae confessed lightly. “It was the best thing in the world.”

Donghae chuckled lightly and playfully hit Hyukjae on the shoulder.

“Happy New Year to you too, idiot.”

 

~~

I racked my brain for this. I'm not good at fluff. >>

So comment! c:

Please?