Shine

Another Me

 

Nothing makes you shine more than a true smile… and love.

 

This was one of the mornings when WooHyun really didn’t want to wake up.

He didn’t want to loose that warm, completely content and safe feeling he had, yet the feeling that he had to wake up stayed and almost literally poked him to get up.

Slowly and unwillingly he opened his eyes and the very first thing that greeted him was… white fabric, probably from a t-shirt, rising and falling in steady breaths along with the chest it was covering.

WooHyun first looked around, registering that he was in the living room, just a bit away from the window, and then looked up, to meet SungGyu’s still asleep face.

The red-hair had rested against the wall, holding WooHyun tightly in his embrace, next to the window, his head lolling on one side, lips slightly parted, letting small quiet sounds that were close to snoring to break free.

WooHyun must have been crazy, at least he thought that way, as the sleeping red-hair was probably the cutest thing he had ever seen and made him smile wider than he usually did in mornings, maybe even wider than ever before.

SungGyu moved a little, closing and parting his lips a few times and tightened his grip around WooHyun, pulling the later closer and resting his head on top of WooHyun’s just to launch back in matter of seconds.

His eyes were so unusually big WooHyun had no idea to what to compare them, so he stopped with SungJong’s on daily basis, as the kid had wide eyes.

For a second SungGyu looked at WooHyun as if trying to understand who he was, then, when his memory started to work, his gaze relaxed, but he still looked at WooHyun, questioning why he was where he was, which took him few more seconds to recall last night. Finally, a smile appeared on his face and he cupped WooHyun’s face in his hands and leaned closer to leave a kiss on later’s lips, which WooHyun gladly accepted.

WooHyun was already sitting up to take a more comfortable position and deepen the kiss, when SungGyu suddenly pushed him away by his upper arms, looked around the room with his eyes probably even bigger than before and rose on his feet with such speed, that it made WooHyun to tumble on the floor, almost landing on his back.

“Ouh my god! What time is it?” SungGyu looked like he was a few steps away from panic or already was in it. “What time is it?” he started to pace back and forward taking one step each direction and grabbing his head in frustration. “Can’t be I missed the opening for the first…” he started to murmur something and then finally noticed WooHyun, still half lying, half sitting on the floor and looking at SungGyu. “Ouh my god!” SungGyu stooped down to WooHyun. “Are you okay?” he asked scanning other’s body with his eyes and taking his hand to help him to stand up. “I am so sorry. I just suddenly remembered what day is this and that I probably didn’t hear my alarm clock and…” SungGyu started to speak so fast WooHyun barely understood what the red-hair was saying. “I need to know what time it is.” He said after WooHyun was on his feet and rushed to his room just to come out seconds later, looking as if all strength had been drained from him in matter of seconds.

“It’s 5:15AM.” He said and rested against the wall between his and WooHyun’s door.

“Good.” WooHyun said with a smile and went closer. “You didn’t miss anything.”

“I am such an idiot.” SungGyu muttered and rubbed his face with his hands, before ruffling his hair and resting his head against the wall behind him, closing his eyes.

WooHyun sighed and took few more steps forward, so that he would be right in front of the red hair, who was obviously frustrated at himself.

With a small smile, he leaned forward and pecked SungGyu’s lips, making other to return to reality.

“At least this gives plenty of time to prepare, right?” he asked, opening his eyes and looking at WooHyun, who answered with a nod. “Then we should get dressed.” He said with a sigh and entered his room, leaving WooHyun confused where he was standing.

He came out after a second or two, wrapping his arms around WooHyun’s waist and pulling him flat against himself, pressing their lips together in a kiss that took WooHyun’s breath away.

“Need to get dressed.” SungGyu breathed out after breaking away and taking a step back from WooHyun. It sounded more like he was trying to convince himself to do that, not giving a statement of what should be done.

He looked at WooHyun, his lips, gulped loudly and already took a breath to say something, but then quickly turned around and disappeared in his room, leaving dazed and still a bit confused WooHyun standing in the living room.

 

The day was a bit less awkward than the morning after waking up on the living room floor and a kiss, that was probably in top 10 best kisses WooHyun had ever had, as job kept them busy, but that was also a problem, as WooHyun constantly wanted to be closer to SungGyu.

If previously the tingling had made him to keep his distance, then the new set flame made him to stream for SungGyu’s presence, and that was almost as unbearable as keeping away, as this day turned out to be one of the busiest WooHyun had experienced while working there. The stream of customers died out only near closing time, but that still didn’t give any rest, as this time a customer family, parents and three or even four (too much noise to distinguish the amount of sources) kids, had left a mess after them and WooHyun was cleaning the table, when the door opened.

He put the cloth he was using down and turned to the newly came guests with a smile that soon turned in to a shock.

Hoya and DongWoo were standing in front of him, their faces full of as much shock as his.

“Woo…Hyun?” Hoya finally stammered out, after they had stared at each other for a good while.

“I…” WooHyun was absolutely at lost of words. He would have never thought that one day they would come trough the door of SungGyu’s diner, at least not this soon. He was not ready yet, he wasn’t fixed yet.

“Do you know how worried we were?” DongWoo said with a sigh and hugged WooHyun, ignoring curious glances from the few customers in the hall, but that’s how DongWoo was. “SungJong’s mom even got gray hair because no one knew where you were. We all were worried… The ideas we had...” DongWoo said, still holding WooHyun until someone coughed behind them.

“What’s going on?” SungGyu was standing behind them, looking if not angry, then displeased by something for sure.

“These are my…” WooHyun started the sentence, but had no idea how to finish it, as he really, from all his heart, wanted to call them friends, but he still doubted they wanted the same.

“We’re his worried-sick friends.” DongWoo said turning to SungGyu and reaching out his hand for a greeting. “I’m Jang DongWoo.” He said as he shook hands with SungGyu. “And this is Lee Howon.” He said turning to Hoya.

“Hoya.” The said one corrected and also shook hands with SungGyu.

“Nice to meet you. Kim SungGyu.” SungGyu said and glanced at WooHyun, who was still in a slight state of shock.

“I suppose you have a lot of things to ask WooHyun, but right now there is still work to do.” He said in a kind voice, but with a tint of undeniable authority.

“That’s ok.” Hoya said. “We’re actually quite hungry.”

“Then, please, take a seat.” SungGyu said, pointing to an empty table.

DongWoo and Hoya slightly bowed, with smiles on their faces and went to sit down, followed by SungGyu’s gaze, while WooHyun disappeared in the kitchen.

 

This was too fast. This was too fast and he couldn’t change a thing now.

WooHyun rested his hands against the counter and let out a deep shaky breath.

He would have probably found them later on, or they would have bumped in to each other eventually, but now, so suddenly out of no where.

He was well aware that some friends of DongWoo’s were living close and that their university wasn’t that far away from here either, but he was hoping, no, he was even quietly praying fate wouldn’t be so cruel.

“Are you okay?” SungGyu wrapped his arm around WooHyun’s shoulder and WooHyun leaned on his shoulder as he was afraid his legs would give up on him, as new waves of old guilt started to wash over him.

“I think they really were worried about you.” SungGyu said, entwining his other arm around WooHyun as well, pulling him close. “They are those few real friends you mentioned once, right?” he asked and WooHyun nodded. “You should ask them to stay after we close the diner and talk.”

“I can’t.” WooHyun whispered, feeling a knot forming in his throat.

“But you need to. I will be around, just in case.” SungGyu said and bit hesitantly laid a kiss on top of WooHyun’s head.

“Okay.” WooHyun breathed out and tried to stand on his own, not leaning on SungGyu. “Thank you.” WooHyun said and already was leaving the kitchen, but turned around and quickly pecked SungGyu, before turning around and going back to the hall and taking two menus with him.

“Thanks.” DongWoo said with a bright smile (which WooHyun missed, he had to admit that).

“This is a really nice place.” Hoya said, looking around and then at WooHyun.

“It is.” WooHyun smiled weakly. “Would you…” he said and stopped as soon as other two rose their heads to look at him. “Would you stay after closing, so we could… talk?”

“Sure.” DongWoo said, smiling as brightly as always.

WooHyun returned the smile and somehow felt easier about them finding him.

He had missed him. He had missed them a lot.

 

The closing time came rather soon and not after long Hoya and DongWoo were the only one’s in the hall.

“Go. I’ll finish here.” SungGyu said, as WooHyun was almost hiding in the kitchen.

“Okay.” He sighed, took his apron off and went in to the hall.

His hands were shaking a little and his mouth felt dryer than ever, but he needed this conversation and he needed his friends.

“So…” he took an extra chair and sat at the end of their table, letting out a deep sigh, long enough so one could think it was all air in his lungs.

“Tell us, how have you been? How long are you here? Where do you live?” DongWoo leaned forward a bit and bombarded WooHyun with questions. That’s was o his style.

“I’ve been… good.” WooHyun replied, a small smile appearing on his lips, as he had really been good, but kept his eyes at the table. “I’m here since the evening I left your place. And I live here as well.”

“At the very evening?” DongWoo asked, seeming quite curious.

“Yes. I saw SungGyu having trouble with delivery, so I helped and noticed a ‘help wanted’ sign in the window, so I applied.” WooHyun said smiling a bit wider, as it was probably the best luck in his life – meeting SungGyu.

“So, SungGyu is the owner of this place?” Hoya asked, sounding not curios, but suspicious.

“Yes. Owner, cook, accountant etc.” WooHyun nodded.

“Before you, he did everything himself?” DongWoo sounded shocked and didn’t hide it even one bit.

“Yeah.” WooHyun nodded again.

“Then he’s pretty awesome not only when it comes to hair color.” DongWoo said with a nod of approval and looked toward the kitchen, where SungGyu could be seen moving around.

“Looks kind of old, though.” Hoya added, looking the same way DongWoo did, making WooHyun to look up from the table.

“For your information, just two years older than us.” He said, noticing himself the protective vibe in his voice.

“Apart from workmates, what else are you?” Hoya leaned closer, lowering his voice.

“He… lives upstairs as well.” WooHyun said quite quietly. They had always known him as good as he did himself, so it was no wonder they could probably ‘feel’ the fire burning inside of him when it came to SungGyu.

“And you like him, right?” this time DongWoo asked the question.

WooHyun bit his lower lip and looked away, as he was sure he liked SungGyu, but the point was he liked him a lot, so that was almost of the border of just ‘liking’ and close to…

“You do!” DongWoo exclaimed loudly and went of in shouts of laughter. “That’s great!” he said still as loudly and clapped his hands for few time.

“Shhh!” WooHyun tried to calm down his explosive friend, but failed.

“What’s so funny going on here?” SungGyu was already standing behind WooHyun’s chair, making the later to freeze.

“Nothing.” Hoya said with a smile. “We’re just finding out the reason why WooHyun is shining.”

WooHyun automatically looked at Hoya. “Shining?” he asked, not hiding his surprise about the statement.

“Yeah. We noticed that when we saw you trough the window. You’re… shining.” DongWoo said with a wide smile. “Haven’t you noticed that as well?” he asked, addressing the question to SungGyu.

The red hair looked down at WooHyun, who immediately looked back up at him and regretted it, as an eye contact with SungGyu, the way how WooHyun reacted to it, probably told Hoya and DongWoo everything they wanted to know.

“Maybe a little.” SungGyu said with a small smile and WooHyun did his very best to look away and succeeded.

“Now we definitely know why.” Hoya smiled. “We’re grateful you took this trouble maker in and didn’t kick him out after few days. If I think about it, most would probably kick him out, as he is lousy at doing practical things.” he continued.

“That’s nothing.” SungGyu laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of his head. “He learns fast, so it was all good.”

“WooHyun learns fast?” DongWoo asked and could hold in laugh. “I’m sorry.” He said trying his best to calm himself down. “That’s just something new to hear.” He looked at WooHyun, whose face was almost the same color as SungGyu’s hair.

“I am really sorry to be rude,” SungGyu spoke, “but we have to close for real. We are closing earlier on Saturdays for cleaning and such.” He said, his voice nice and calm, but the hint of authority was there.

“Ouh!” DongWoo and Hoya said at the same time. “Okay then.” Hoya said as they both stood up and so did WooHyun. “We’ll come around some other day and take SungJong with us, okay?” he asked and received a nod from WooHyun.

“It was such a relief to finally find you.” DongWoo said and locked WooHyun in an embrace. “And thank you again for keeping an eye on him.” He continued and gave a quick hug to SungGyu as well, before following Hoya, waving goodbye.

“Your friends are… interesting.” SungGyu said, laying his hand on WooHyun’s shoulder as casually as possible.

“You could say like that as well.” WooHyun sighed and turned to SungGyu. “Thank you.”

“For what?” the red-hair asked.

“For fixing me.” WooHyun replied, looking straight in SungGyu’s eyes.

“You’re not fixed yet.” SungGyu said, taking WooHyun’s face in his hands, “But you are close to it, and I will fix you completely. I promise.” He said and pressed his lips against WooHyun’s.

 

---------------------------------------
Hey, guys!
Another chapter is up!
어떻게 생각하?

I just finished watching ‘Shut Up! Flower Boy Band’ and I have a question - maybe I should write a remake, like I did with ‘Jiu: Crime Investing Team’.
Like, with MyungYeol and other Infinite boys and WooGyu, of course and everything.
What do you think?

Anyway – have a WooGyu ^^