Pay Back

Another Me

 

You can never know what you will awake in someone, what kind of payback you will receive and what will be your end.

 

WooHyun quietly followed SungGyu in to the diner trough the broken door that was now hanging in a single hinge partly resting against the wall and partly lying on the floor.

The tables were either smashed in half, partly broken (like missing a corner) or flipped over, so were all the chairs and the few green-plants they had there. The lamps were broken, some having half lampshades, some none, the register was torn of the counter and thrown on the floor, the counter itself was too sturdy for anyone to do anything to is, so it was safe. And of course, there was the broken window with glass both covering the sidewalk outside and the floor inside.

WooHyun looked around the war-field-like room and then looked at SungGyu, who slowly walked trough the mess, glass cracking under the soles of his shoes.

This was WooHyun’s fault.

SungGyu would have quietly run his diner, if not WooHyun appearing from nowhere with all his problems and past dragging behind him like a hungry zombie, ready to devour anything in its way.

“I’m sorry.” WooHyun said quietly, not even trying to hold back the lump of tears forming in his throat and just letting the tears to freely flow over his cheeks. “I am so sorry.”

SungGyu turned around and WooHyun lowered his head the very moment. How could he look in SungGyu’s eyes after this, after what he had caused?

“WooHyun…” the glass crisped under SungGyu’s soles again, as he came back to WooHyun who still stood next to the door.

“It’s all because of me.” WooHyun whispered, trying at least no to sob. “If I wouldn’t have come here… or I would have left when Key asked…” a sob broke out never the less and for WooHyun’s surprise a pair of arms wrapped around him, pulling him in that safe embrace he loved and needed.

“It’s not because of you.” SungGyu said quietly, petting the back of WooHyun’s head.

“It is.” WooHyun shook his head, hiding it in the crook of SungGyu’s neck. “I should have left when he asked.”

“No.” SungGyu placed his hands on WooHyun’s shoulders, pushing him slightly away so that he could look in his eyes. “I rather see this, than you leaving to Key.”

“But this is all you have…” WooHyun sniffled, trying to calm down.

“No. I have you and if I would have to choose… I would choose you.” WooHyun had never thought he would hear those words from SungGyu. Something like that in this case was equal to a confession of undivided love and WooHyun had no idea what to reply. “Now, calm down and call Hoya and DongWoo, tell them to come over.” SungGyu continued, cupping WooHyun’s face in his hands and wiping still falling tears away with his thumbs.

“Okay.” WooHyun nodded, swallowing all the tears that still wanted to break loose and trying to go from sobbing breathing back to normal one. SungGyu gave him a small smile, before stepping away and getting his phone from his pocket.

He looked at the screen for a moment, before taking a deep breath and dialing a number. He looked quite worried while waiting for a reply, but when someone answered on the other side of the line, his face got incredibly serious.

“Yeah, it’s been a long time.” A small smile managed to appear on his face before it went serious again. “I said I would call only, if it’s serious.” He continued, turning away from WooHyun, who kept watching SungGyu before calling others. “Well, this time it’s really serious.” He continued. “Yes, like the old times.” He nodded. “I will wait.” He said and hung up, letting out a deep breath.

“Who did you call?” WooHyun asked, taking a few steps closer to SungGyu, as the later had walked away while he was on the phone.

“Someone who could help right now.” He said, before walking behind the counter and in the kitchen. WooHyun followed him right after, texting Hoya at the same time.

Gladly, the kitchen was unharmed, which was good, as getting new kitchen equipment would probably cost as much as the whole diner cost together.

“We should star cleaning up.” SungGyu said with a sigh, before going to the broom-closet to get brooms and bags.

“I texted Hoya.” WooHyun took one of the brooms.

“Okay.” SungGyu nodded and led the way back to the ‘war-field’, leaving WooHyun inside while he went outside to collect the glasses from the sidewalk.

They were working together inside for good hour, turning tables back to the right places and moving the broken furniture closer to the door, so if could be taken out, when there was a knock on the broken door.

“You should have said it was this bad.” A voice said and WooHyun turned to the speaker, yet got confused immediately, as there were two tall, well built guys standing next to the door – both looking like each others reflection, only one was slightly taller and their hairstyles/colors were different.

“We would have arrived faster.” The one with ash-grey hair said, lifting the door and resting them against the wall completely.

“You’re busy enough.” SungGyu spoke, making WooHyun to turn to him with puzzled gaze.

“We had a deal – you call when there’s trouble, describe the trouble and we’re here. Don’t break the rules.” The one with chestnut-brown hair said with a laugh and went further in to the diner, reaching his hand out to greet SungGyu, but as soon as the later took others hand – pulled him in to a short hug. “What kind of mess have you made, huh?” he asked.

“First you need to meet someone.” SungGyu said with a small smile and turned to WooHyun, who was staring at everything that happened wide-eyed. “This is WooHyun.” He said going to stand next to WooHyun, wrapping his arm around others middle – first of all to secure WooHyun and to tell that everything’s okay, and second – to show the status of their relationship without putting in to words.

“Nice to meet you.” WooHyun said with a small bow, being surprised that he didn’t stammer, as the situation was rather odd.

“And these are DaeRyong.” He pointed to the guy with ash-grey hair. “And that’s SoRyong.” He said, pointing to the one with chestnut-brown hair.

“The Jung twins, for short.” DaeRyong said.

“Or Dragon twins, depends on the part of society you know us from.” SoRyong added and only then WooHyun noticed that the one who spoke last had the same tattoo SungGyu had on his lower back, only on his inner wrist, while other had in on the side of his neck.

His eyes grew wide and he first looked at SungGyu and then back at the twins, who both were now standing in front of him and SungGyu.

“Your relation to SungGyu is…” he started the sentence, waiting for an explanation.

“Old… work friends.” DaeRyong said, looking at his brother before answering.

“Yeah,” SoRyong nodded “You can call us like that.”

“But now worries, we quit ‘the job’ just a bit later than SungGyu.” DaeRyong said a then turned to SungGyu. “He knows, right?”

“He does.” SungGyu nodded.

“Okay.” DaeRyong let out a breath of relief. “So, who are we hunting?” he asked, hitting his palms together and then rubbing them.

“Hunting?” WooHyun’s eyes went wide again and he turned to SungGyu, who instead glared at DaeRyong.

“ Well, ‘ hunting’ is not the best term.” SoRyong joined in, trying to fix what his brother said. “More like – track down for brining justice.” He said, his voice suddenly remind of one of a lawyer in court.

“Kim JongHyun.” SungGyu said, before the previous topic continued.

“How does he look like?” SoRyong asked, taking his phone out.

“Short, bulky, big eyes, sharp jaw, deep-brown hair.” SungGyu said and SoRyong seemed to type all of it. “Related persons?”

“Kim Kibum, goes by the name ‘Key’.” SungGyu continued and SoRyong nodded.

“Okay. 20 minutes maximum, as we know his name.” he said, putting his phone away.

“Want something to drink, while we wait?” SungGyu asked, stepping away from WooHyun and heading to the kitchen.

“Coffee?” DaeRyong asked and his brother nodded.

“Okay.” SungGyu nodded before disappearing in the kitchen, leaving WooHyun in the room alone with the twins.

“I assure you that we are harmless… if you mean something to SungGyu.” The slightly taller one said and took one of the legs of a broken chair, spinning it in his hand before putting it back in the pile of broken furniture.

“The rest should watch out though.” His brother added, resting against a wall, looking around the room. “I can bet your , that SungGyu didn’t have this place insured for something like this.”

“Bet your own , because that’s probably true.” The one standing next to the pile of furniture said with a laugh, before going to stand next to his brother. “He’ll need our help for that too I guess.” He sighed and the one with ash-grey hair agreed.

“How can you help with insurance issues?” WooHyun asked, as those two didn’t seem like very law-obedient people.

They seemed to get what WooHyun said. DaeRyong straightened out and reached to the inside pocked of his jacket, pulling out an average sized paper rectangle and handed it to WooHyun.

The paper turned out to be a business card. ‘So&Dae – lawyer services.’ Along with other information was written on the paper.

“Surprising, huh? From one side of the law to another.” SoRyong smiled as his brother leaned against the wall next to him again.

“Coffee.” SungGyu came out of the kitchen, placing a tray with cups on the counter. While the twins went to the counter, SungGyu took one of the cups and brought it to WooHyun.

“When will Hoya and DongWoo arrive?” he asked, giving the cup to WooHyun.

“They should be here soon. Why?” WooHyun took a sip from the cup.

“I will have to leave together with twins for a while and I don’t want to leave you here alone.” SungGyu said, looking at the street as in searching for others coming from the corner.

“What will you do?” WooHyun put the cup on one of the few good tables.

“Have a talk with JongHyun.” SungGyu said after letting out a breath.

“Why JongHyun?” WooHyun was clearly interested. “Isn’t it Key behind this?”

“Someone like Key wouldn’t think this far. Also about SungJong – he might have had the idea, but the rest was probably organized by JongHyun.”

“That is probably right.” SoRyong said, gulping down all content of his cup before coming closer to SungGyu and WooHyun. “Just received info about that guy. He should be in jail, that’s for sure.”

“Did you get his location?” SungGyu asked, trying to glimpse at SoRyong’s phone, when a loud gasp at the door caught everyone’s attention.

“Hyung… What happened?” SungJong was standing in the door aisle, Hoya and DongWoo behind him.

“Key?” Hoya put his hands on SungJong’s shoulders, gently pushing the younger one in.

“A person close enough to Key.” WooHyun said with a sigh.

“I’m really sorry, SungGyu.” DongWoo said and when he was already approaching SungGyu he finally noticed the twins. “And they are?” he turned to SungGyu after looking at them.

“I’m SoRyong and that is my brother DaeRyong – the Jung twins from So&Dae law company.” SoRyong said, first pointing at himself and then at his brother. “We’re SungGyu’s old work-mates.” He said and looked at SungGyu, who nodded barely noticeably in approval.

“Anyway, we should get going. It’s getting late.” DaeRyong said, coming closer and SoRyong nodded looking at his brother, before turning to SungGyu.

“I’ll change and be right back.” He said and headed to the kitchen to go upstairs.

“SungGyu will go with for a moment…” DaeRyong said.

“Insurance issues.” SoRyong quickly added.

“So, he would probably appreciate, if you would help WooHyun to look after this place.” DaeRyong finished and right then SungGyu already appeared from the kitchen, wearing all black, if not the few white inlets on the leather jacket he had thrown over his shoulder.

“Let’s go.” He said standing next to the twins. “Guys, could you…” he already turned to DongWoo, but other waved him off.

“They already explained. Go, we’ll look after the place and try to at least get the door back in their place.” DongWoo said with a small smile and Hoya nodded.

“Okay. Thank you.” SungGyu made a small bow with his shoulders before turning to the twins again. “Let’s go.”  The twins nodded and WooHyun just followed with his eyes how SungGyu disappeared trough the door, right after the two tall figures.

~

A knock on the door startled JongHyun. It was far pass the hour when accepted visitors in his office and closer to the time when he headed out to do… other side of his business.

“Office hours are over, come tomorrow.” He yelled, lifting his legs back on the desk where they were before the knock.

The knocking repeated never the less.

“Listen!” he stood up from his desk and went to the door. “The office…” he stopped mid sentence when he opened the door and two of his men fell in to the office face first.

Two tall men, apparently twins, came in after them, dragging the guy from the reacceptance after them and literally tossing him in to the office. A shorter, with deep ginger/partly red hair were following them, dragging a baseball bat against the floor with one of his glowed hands. The last one JongHyun had seen before.

“You’re… the owner of the diner.” He said, eyes big, and took few steps back.

“Good that you remember me.” The shorter of the three intruders said, stepping over the men on the floor. “Then you know why I am here.”

“No.” JongHyun shook his head.

“Really now?” the diner owner let out a laugh, before raising the bat from the floor, swaying back with all his might and crashing the vase that was standing on a chest of drawers next door. “Really don’t remember?” he asked, tilting head to one side.

JongHyun shook his head and barely managed to avoid the next sweep of the bat, this time making everything from JongHyun’s table that was high enough for it’s reach – like computer – to go flying on the floor.

“I suggest you to start remembering.” The guy with the bat said.

JongHyun quickly glanced at the two giants, who were leaning against the wall and then glanced up at the surveillance camera.

“If you think we are dumb enough not to cut the connection of those thingies off, you, dear friend, are dumber than you look.” One of the giants, the one with grey hair, spoke.

“Fine!” JongHyun exclaimed. “What do you want me to do? Apologize for trashing that place? It was a dump anyway.”

“You shouldn’t have said that.” This time the giant with brown hair spoke, making JongHyun to look at him and when he turned back to the owner of the diner, a fist was already on its way to his face and he had no chance to avoid it.

He stumbled few steps back and rested against his desk.

“Truth hurts, huh.” JongHyun smirked, pressing his fingers against his lip to check if it was bleeding, which it was. “You’re probably here also because of that pretty boy right? We didn’t damage his face too much.” Another punch landed on his face, splitting his lip even more.

“What exactly are you doing?” the ginger hair grabbed JongHyun’s collar.

“He’s dragging time!” the grey haired one exclaimed and went over the room in two big steps, pushing JongHyun way from the table and revealing an emergency button he had pressed.

“We’ll keep them off. Finish him.” The brown-haired giant said and both of them left, leaving JongHyun and the other alone in the office.

“F…Finish me?” JongHyun stammered out, looking at other, who was approaching him again. “Better than blaming me, blame that Nam. If not him we would have left your ty diner alone.”

Before he even realized what was going one, two more punches landed on his face, making his nose to bleed as well, followed by a kick in his stomach that made him collapse on the floor.

“Which part you didn’t like?” he breathed out. “The diner one, or about that ?”

This time his face received a kick, making him to completely fall on the floor.

“Are you completely insane?” the ginger-haired leaned closer and JongHyun finally used his chance and punched other with all his might, making him to stumble back and giving JongHyun a chance to stand up.

“It was a wrong idea to come here.” JongHyun wiped away blood from under his nose.

“I don’t think so.” The ginger-hair his lips before stretching his shoulders. “What can a puppy like you do?”

Without much thinking JongHyun launched himself self forward, growling like a mad dog, but ended up knocked down immediately, his arm twisted behind his back, ginger-head’s knee digging into his back.

“You done here ZiZi?” one of the twins, as a surprise for JongHyun, appeared in the door.

“In a minute.” The bespoken one answered, digging his knee deeper in JongHyun’s back. “Come close my diner or any of my friends and I will come back, and that time I will use the bat on you, not on your possessions.” He said before standing up, taking the bat from the floor and was already leaving, when JongHyun decided to use his last chance to attack the other, but he was too loud yet again.

The ginger-hair turned around, stooped down and swayed the bat, hitting JongHyun’s knee straight on with such accuracy the later one had to cry out in pain and collapse back on the floor grabbing his knee.

“You’re warned now.” The diner owner said before leaving whimpering JongHyun.

 

----------
Hello!
A fast update is fast, isn't it?
So, the title this time is taken from NELL's 'Speechless' track 12.

I have bad news... I think there's no more than 2 chapters left for this. No story can be endless and I gave this story only 5 months in 'Can You Smile' and they're already up. BUT, the sequel of 'Can You Smile' is slowly forming itself in my mind, so I doubt it will make itself to be waited for long.

Back to story - here comes gangsta-Gyu and Tasty Twins xD.
When I wrote this, I imagined SungGyu in his rocker looks, like when he performed 'Because' in Second Invasion.

Speaking about SungGyu - this has no direct connection with the fic, but...
WHAT IS HE DOING

Does he need help? I volunteer to touch him and rub him and if he likes squeeze him and omg I'm cheating on MyungSoo with hamster-gyu. He should call Namu or smth... IDE... 

Ouh, and don't forget a bout the FAN ART CONTEST
Make me happy, oh? No? Okay.... 

Anyway, till next time! ^_^