Meaningless

Another Me

 

What ever others think, what ever they say or do – it’s all meaningless as long as you have that one person, who you treasure the most.

 

“WooHyun, stop.” SungGyu murmured, ordering the checks at the register along with the right order sheets.

“Stop what?” WooHyun asked with smile in his voice, leaning his elbows on the counter and resting his chin his palms, looking at SungGyu.

“That.” SungGyu quickly glanced at other and tried his best to focus on his work.

“I’m just looking at you.” WooHyun smiled, not looking away from red/ginger-hair.

“I know…” SungGyu sighed a little. “It’s just…”

“Just what?” WooHyun moved a little closer, elbows sliding over the counter.

“Distracting.” SungGyu admitted, looking at WooHyun for a second or two.

“Why?” WooHyun asked, bending his head to one side, acting ‘cute’ on purpose.

“Don’t you have customers to serve?” SungGyu changed the subject quickly.

“Nope, everyone’s served.” WooHyun shook his head.

“Then in…”

“I also did everything in the kitchen – the dishes are clean, products ready.” WooHyun quickly interrupted, making SungGyu to sigh afterwards. “What’s wrong with me looking at you?”

“The customers are looking at us.” SungGyu murmured, glancing at hall quickly.

WooHyun looked at it as well – as it was late afternoon, it was mostly filled with students, that had started to come here more often thanks to SungJong’s advertising skills and WooHyun had an idea that not only because of that.

He straightened up from his position, glanced at the students (mostly girls), who were trying to sneakily observe him and SungGyu, quietly went to stand behind SungGyu’s back and wrapped his arms around his waist, putting his chin on SungGyu’s shoulder.

The later almost jumped up and froze the very moment, eyes probably bigger than on daily basis.

“What are you doing, WooHyun?” he muttered, looking at the hall, where students had gone a bit uneasy.

“Fan service.” The raven-head whispered, so that only SungGyu would hear.

“What now?” the red/ginger-hair unlinked WooHyun’s arms from his waist and turned around to face other.

“They come here not only because of SungJong’s advertising skills or the food. They come for real life manga.” WooHyun grinned and looked over SungGyu’s shoulder to see few girls looking away as soon as he looked at them.

“Have you hit your head somewhere?’ SungGyu sighed, blinking slowly.

“Nope.” WooHyun shook his head. “I just know what today’s students are in to.” He said and leaned closer to SungGyu’s face, leaving just a mere centimeter between their lips, or even less.

Someone at the closest table squealed, making WooHyun to smile wider.

“See.” He said, backing away. SungGyu just shook his head with a sigh and turned back around continuing to what he was doing before.

The door bell rang, and WooHyun stepped out from behind the counter, taking his pen and notebook with him, heading to meet the new customers, but when he saw the two people standing at the door and looking around, he immediately turned around and went back behind the counter.

“What are you doing?” SungGyu looked at him.

“It’s Kibum.” WooHyun said, biting his bottom lip.

“Who?” SungGyu’ s voice went an octave higher than usually.

“Kibum… that… you know. He’s together with his current toy.” WooHyun said, his eyes focused on the two males, looking around the diner and examinating every last bit of everything they saw.

“Why is he here?” SungGyu took a step to stand in front of WooHyun.

“I have no idea, but when ever he appeared in my life before, it led to trouble and we don’t need that.” WooHyun let out a breath and straightened his posture. “As long as he doesn’t do his old tricks, he’s just a customer.” WooHyun said, this time taking a breath and went from behind the counter again.

“Nam WooHyun.” The taller of two – bleached blond guy, who went by name Kibum, said with a grin on his face and went toward WooHyun, as smaller, bulkier guy with deep brown hair and atypically strong jaw following him. “Long time no see.” He said, his voice as fake as it has ever been, making WooHyun a little sick.

How could he call someone like that his friend… and more?

“Long time indeed.” WooHyun replied, not even trying to force out a smile. “How did you know I’m here?” he asked, getting straight to the point.

“SungJong does have great advertising skills. Even too good, don’t you think? Rumors about how great this place is are spreading all over the place.” The blond said and then looked around, making a face. “I don’t see what’s so great about this place though.” He said, not hiding his disgust.

WooHyun was well aware that the people at nearest tables heard him and so did SungGyu and the words he said were indeed hurtful.

“Will you take a seat?” WooHyun asked, his voice as cold as it could get.

“No way. We are not going to sit here for that long, not to mention eating here.” Kibum scoffed. “I’m here to offer you something you won’t be abele to resist.” He said, sleek grin appearing on his face.

“What makes you think that?” WooHyun looked at him, not being interested in what ever he might offer to him.

“Will we talk in the middle of this place?” Kibum asked.

“Follow me.” WooHyun said and led both Kibum and his companion to the small table near the counter, where more than two people couldn’t even sit.

“Lovely.” Kibum made a face again, taking a seat – the shorter guy sitting next to him.

“So?” WooHyun rested against the counter, as it was close enough and crossed his arms on his chest.

“I am here to offer you your old place back.” Kibum said, leaning on the table on his elbows.

“What?” WooHyun tilted his head a little.

“Your old place – status, name in society, eventually money.” Kibum said and his face bloomed in probably the most wicked smile, as he saw WooHyun’s face changing.

WooHyun had never even thought about the possibility of getting back everything he had lost not so long ago, he hadn’t even dreamed about how it would be to return back to his old life and between people he knew. And now all that was being offered to him.

“I don’t get it.” He said, trying to keep the bets poker-face he could, not even knowing what kind of emotion he was trying to hide.

“Let’s say, I became sorry of you – lost everything so unfairly, ending up in a shabby place like this.” Kibum said in a forced, sad voice, wiping away an invisible tear. “I decided to be generous and help a friend out.”

“Since when are you generous?” WooHyun asked, his voice back to his previous cold tone – there was a catch in this, he knew Kibum well enough to know that.

“I’ve changed.” Kibum placed his hand on his heart did the best innocent face he could. “I’ve learned so much and… I missed you.” The blond lowered his hand as if in sadness.

“Cut the crap out, Key.” The guy next to him finally spoke.

“Fine.” Kibum raised his head, his -face back on. “We need someone to run errands for us, as we together with few other guys are starting a small… business.” He said, this time it was no joke.

“Let me guess- it’s not entirely legal, right?” WooHyun asked, knowing the answer well enough.

“And like everything in a place like this is legal.” The shorter one scoffed.

“Who the hell are you anyway?” WooHyun finally turned to him.

“Kim JongHyun.” The male said bluntly, not giving any more information.

“What ever.” WooHyun muttered. “You can forget about it.” He turned to Kibum.

“God, you’ve become even more stupid than I remember.” Kibum let out a laugh. “I’m offering you your life back and what do you choose? Staying in this dump?” he laughed again. “Come to your senses!” he exclaimed.

Not only one customer was looking at them and WooHyun knew SungGyu was as well.

“I said I am not interested.” WooHyun straightened out from his initial position.

“What do you have here, huh? Have you even looked around?” Kibum leaned forward, his voice louder than a whisper, but quieter than usually. “And where do you live? Let me guess – upstairs?” Kibum scoffed again. “That’s pathetic. This place is pathetic and the longer you stay here the more pathetic you get.”

“Get out.” WooHyun finally couldn’t take it anymore.

How dared he to insult something that was given from generation to another; something that’s someone’s dream come true’ something one gave all the years one should spent studying and being with friends to?

“Excuse me?” Kibum looked shocked and so did JongHyun.

“I said get out and take your puppy with you.” WooHyun said, holding all his anger in the best he could.

“What?” the shorter one stood up, his hands landing on the table with a bang.

“Do I have to say it the third time?” WooHyun uttered. “Get. Out.”

“You’re going to regret this.” Kibum stood up and grabbed JongHyun’s wrist, as the later looked like he will attack WooHyun any second.

“I doubt that.” WooHyun said, knowing that Kibum wasn’t joking, but couldn’t give in for the provocation.

“SungJong’s advertising is good. I wonder how long it will stand against mine.” He said with an evil smirk, looked around again pulling a face and left, dragging JongHyun along.

As soon as the door closed, WooHyun let out a long sigh and turned around to see that SungGyu was no longer behind the counter, thought he could swear he felt him standing there – watching and listening – just minutes ago.

He quickly glanced at the hall, to check if everything was okay, and then went in to the kitchen, where SungGyu was re-ordering plates in the cupboards.

As quietly as before, WooHyun went around him and just like before wrapped his arms around his waist, resting his head on SungGyu’s shoulder.

“Kibum’s and idiot.” He said quietly, loosening his grip to let SungGyu to turn around and then tightening it again, placing his head on SungGyu’s shoulder again.

“You could have gone back, you know.” SungGyu said, his arms slowly going around WooHyun’s shoulders.

“I have nothing there. All I have and need is here.” WooHyun said, looking up.

“In a shabby place like this?”

“I already said – Kibum is and idiot. You don’t have to take any of his words seriously.” WooHyun unlinked on of his arms from SungGyu’s waist, to run his fingers to others red and at some place already ginger hair.

“Even when he said that you would regret it?” SungGyu asked, his concern reasoned.

“He had always been vengeful, when things don’t go as planned and as I am sure their new business is nothing legal, there might be some trouble.” WooHyun sighed. “He wouldn’t cross the final line though. He might be an , but life is still something cherished for him as well.”

“Will it be weird, if I will say that I’m worried about SungJong now?” SungGyu frowned a little.

“Why?” WooHyun was quite surprised.

“He mentioned him to much for my liking. And the last phrase about advertising. I just have bad hunch about this.” SungGyu said, letting out a breath.

WooHyun looked away for a moment.

How far could Kibum and his new companions go, lead by Kibum’s hurt pride, as it was obvious he was confident that WooHyun wouldn’t say no to his offer?

He wouldn’t cross the final line, but there were plenty of things to do before that line comes.

WooHyun shook his head, trying to get those thoughts away.

“Let’s just assume that his words had no meaning, okay?” WooHyun looked at SungGyu again. “That they were just an empty sound and what ever he said or meant to convey with this words was nothing, okay?” he asked, looking straight in SungGyu’s eyes.

“Fine.” SungGyu nodded. “His words had no meaning.” He took a deep breath and then let it out. “We should return to the hall, shouldn’t we?” he asked, briefly pecking WooHyun’s lips, tension and anxiety flowing in to WooHyun even trough the small contact.

“We should.” WooHyun said, trying to force out a smile, before removing his hands from SungGyu’s waist and letting the red-hair to return to his place behind the counter.

What if SungGyu’s hunch was right? What if Kibum really would do something? What if those weren’t just empty words?

WooHyun shook his head.

“This time he was bluffing.” He muttered, before taking a deep breath and returning to SungGyu’s side behind the counter.

 

-------------
Hello!
An update is here! ^_^)v
Title: NELL – Meaningless (‘Healing Process’, CD 2 – Track 2)
You know what I understood? That the end of this story is coming closer and closer and I have no idea, what to write next. Like, I have ideas, but they are not clear enough to be put in words.
Anyway, 3-4 chapter for this is a must, so maybe my other ideas will crystallize more.
As for now, I still welcome you to follow me on twitter and to enter FAN ART CONTTEST.

Till next time, which might come sooner than you think ;]


They are so incredibly cute, ide.