Chapter 47- Come Clean

Neglected

Yongguk left soon enough. Minji was left alone to really think about what was going on. Well-Dark magic students were down on Earth, terroizing the werewolves and vampires as a test. A test that they were preparing for, but didn't know about. Jongup was down there, assigned to Seoul and was using the werewolves' ultimate weakness. She wondered if he was reluctant in going on with this test. Chewing her lip, she got up and touched the doorknob, twisted it and let out a sigh when it didn't budge. How long was she grounded for? Minji forgot. So instead, she sat on the ground and thought about her options. But then realized it would probably be no use-her father's magic was extremely powerful and she was only a fraction of his magic. A very small fraction. So she waited until there was a final knock on the door. "Come in." She called.

U-Kwon came in and frowned, "Sorry I ratted you out."

"It's cool." She mumbled, "I was gonna get caught sooner or later. But thanks for not saying why I was down there."

He nodded, "Now, Mom and Dad wanna talk to you."

She stood and dusted off her pants, "I want to talk with them too." She walked out, smiling when she stood beside her brother outisde her room, "Did you hear about that Dark magic test on Earth?"

"Yea. Dad was telling me about it. Said Jongup was really out of it," he leaned forward as a few servants passed, "and I think we know why." Minji nodded and walked down the steps. "Dad says if he keeps up at this rate, he'll have to re-take his Dark magic course!" Minji gaped.

"What?! No! He's the best in his class, he can't re-take it! He literally planned out to graduate early so he can go off with B.A.P to Earth for good."

"Well, he's not doing anything. He doesn't want to participate at all." U-Kwon led his sister to their living room and bowed to their parents, "Omma, Appa, Minji is here." Their mother stood and smiled.

"Thank you U-Kwon. You're dismissed."

"If you don't mind, I'd like to stay."

U-Kwon smiled and nodded for his sister to sit down on the couch. She obeyed and looked up, "I didn't know the Dark magic students were down on Earth today."

Their father nodded, "Yep."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's none of your business, Minji." He snapped and stood, "The point is, is that you snuck down to Earth. For how many times-I don't know. But if this is the first, it will also be your last." She stayed silent, staring at the fireplace in front of her as he continued ranting, "No child of mine will ever be down there unless it is for jobs or school. And you-Gong Minji-barely do your own job at the Magic Council!"

His wife stood and laid a hand on his shoulder, "Yah, Hyun-suk, calm down. Don't be too hard on her." She whispered, loud enough for her children to hear, "She's still a teenager." She said, softer.

He snorted though and turned back on Minji, "Why were you even down there? You know it's against the law to go down there unless you have a permit or a purpose. I am 100% sure that I gave you no permit or purpose to go to Earth."

Minji tensed, "I...I was curious about the werewolves, Appa. I just wanted to see what it was like." It was a lie, and she was afraid her father would see through it. But she stayed calm and continued to watch the flames the burning wood.

She heard him groan, "Minji...please, stop with your unhealthy obsession on werewolves." She looked up, confused, "You are a smart girl. You study the species, you create wonderful things. But you take it to a different level. You constantly talk about them and barely have any friends because of it. I want you to stop it."

Minji looked at U-Kwon as if to ask if this was a joke. He shrugged helplessly. "Appa, you know I love to study werewolves. I've studied everything there is to know about them. I don't want to give it all up. So what if I don't have friends? B.A.P are my friends. I don't need friends when the entire Magic world knows who I am. I wanna do things with this knowledge-"

YG raised a brow, "Minji-"

"I want to...do new things, create new things-"

"Minji, really, stop-"

"I want my name to be in history. Not just because I'm your daughter or U-Kwon's sister. I want to make a difference in the world-!"

"Gong Minji, I don't like-"

"Appa! I don't want to stick to tradition! This is the 21st century for God's sake! Let's do something with this world that everyone thinks is a myth. Let's combine our powers into something incredible. Let's break the olden days, this is not the world I want to live in!-"

"MINJI STOP IT." YG growled, silencing his bewildered daughter, "That is enough, Gong Minji. It is obvious you are talking about our enemies down on Earth and about something in particular." He paced around the couch and stopped in front of her, "So what is it?"

She bit her lip and crossed her arms like him, "I want to do what I just said. This is the 21st century. I say we act like it. We won't survive long without the werewolves and vampires. Why can't we just throw away all the history we've had? It was centuries ago-ancient times. Oh god, Appa. We might as well throw our wands and staffs to the ground if we can't help each other." She didn't exactly meet his eyes, but she could feel the anger in his mind, trying to penetrate her senses. "Why can't we do that?"

YG stood tall, "Because that's not who we are, Minji."

"Well, I don't like who I am then..."

 

 

It was still gray outside. Jongup only wished that the test would be over. Over now, all he could think about was how his classmates were trying to kill the vampires and werewolves he had once drank with. He had grown fairly close to Zelo, that Maknae werewolf and didn't want to ruin a new friendship by wrecking his home. His division made camp a few miles out of the school campus, and he was the only one left in the tent of wands, staffs, wolfsbane, etc. He sat up, eyed his options and laid back down. He couldn't do it, Yongguk or Minji wouldn't want him to, so he had no choice but to stay out. Even after he was scolded that if he didn't pass the test he would have to re-take the class, Jongup stayed where he was, waving his wand to create thin black shapes in the air. The tent door opened and someone stumbled in. Jongup looked down and then back up. Kang Dongho, or Baekho as he went by. 

He was the same age as him, but Jongup knew Baekho was on a totally different level of skill from him. Jongup was the top in his class, never getting lower than an A+ on a test, assignment or demonstration. "How is it out there?" Jongup asked.

Baekho grinned, "Kinda boring. I'm gonna try and drive some of those werewolves out with a wolfsbane bomb. Help me out, please?"

Jongup paused and sat up, "That's pretty complicated."

"I know, I could really use your help. I bet it'd get you some major points." Baekho bit his lip.

But Jongup shook his head, "I can't. Figure it out, Baekho."

"Jesus! Why aren't you doing anything?!"

"I don't want any part in this. I didn't know about it, and I wasn't prepared for it." Jongup heard Baekho scoff.

"Not prepared? You're the best in our class since you first stepped foot on campus! You know how to work with every single one of these-wands, staffs, wolfsbane, stakes, jars of power beams, spells-and you say you're not prepared?!" Baekho didn't really know what was wrong with him. Jongup was always willing to work on a few extra things to get points, he didn't care for werewolves and vampires so he'd do anything to graduate. Now, he was slow, unwilling and staying in his bed.

"I just don't feel like it, something happened..."

"What something?"

"B.A.P stuff man. You wouldn't understand." Jongup puffed a ring of smoke with his wand and created an image of his mark. A moon and single stake.

Baekho, interested, sat on the edge of Jongup's bed and checked his watch, "Wanna bet? I have time."

Jongup raised a brow. Should he? "You won't tell anyone right?" Baekho shook his head as Jongup sat back up, "'Cause if you do, you know I can easily hurt ya'."

Baekho wagged a finger at him, "I'll remember that. Now, what's with not wanting to do this test?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Took a different view on this chapter! What do you think will happen with YG and his family? What about with Jongup? Lemme hear your thoughts~!

Remember to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE and LOVE (.^_^.)

-TAIwin <3