Genius, Enemy and Airhead?

Sweet Dreams

Chapter Eight

Genius, Enemy and Airhead?

We had our cake's design stolen by the B-group. But to regain the newly transferred Taeyeon's smile, we have to manage somehow. I had a storm of a time with the sweets princes, the birthday cake was a huge sucess. For the sake of seeing many more smiles in the future, I will continue to do my best.


"You're going home? I thought of going shopping with you today. Somehow this feels lonely." Sooyoung said sadly as she was walking Yuri to the bus stop at morning.

"It's just for a day, I'll be back tomorrow night anyway." Yuri assured. The bus arrived just on time. "Alright, be good and wait till then, ok?"

"Yeah. Be careful." Sooyoung nodded as Yuri boarded the bus. She waved goodbye as the bus drove off. As the bus couldn't be seen anymore, the girl walked back to the academy. As Sooyoung was walking, she was startled by a shiny black car driving past. "I've heard of students commuting from home, nevertheless what an amazing car." she remarked in amazement.


Lu Han sighed in frustration as he snapped his book shut. He glanced outside the library windows and saw Sooyoung walking. "Hey!" he called out to her. She was startled once again. "Why are you roaming around?"

"I wasn't roaming around. I was just sending of Yuri who went home."

"Eh, that means you'll be all alone in your room. Will you be all right?"

"What about it?"

Lu Han smirked and transformed his usual poker face to a really creepy, really scary face. "They'll show up... these things!!!"

Sooyoung was startled for the third time today. "Don't say such strange things!"


Soon, it was night. With Yuri gone, Sooyoung was the only one in the room. She couldn't sleep at all. It's unsettling being in the dorm room alone after all.

"They'll show up... these things!!!"

For a moment, Sooyoung felt a shiver run through her spine when she replayed that memory. She snapped out of it and brushed it off. "Geez, 'these things' indeed. And he calls me an idiot..." Sooyoung went back to bed and she slowly closed her eyes, coming into dreamland...


Sooyoung tried to dodge the flying pie but failed as it smack her right in the face.

"You accidentally overflow the sponge cake with cream and barely any chocolate... you bungling fool!" Lu Han with angry eyes and purple devil wings came running towards her.

Sooyoung shook the pie away. "Shut up, Devil Lu Han!"

She was greeted by Lu Han's creepy and scary face once again. "These things showed up..."

That was enough to wake Sooyoung up. She shot up like a zombie, panting heavily.


Sooyoung yawned deeply. "I'm lacking sleep because of the nightmare." She rested her head on her folded arms which were rested on her window.

"You seem really free, Sooyoung." Sooyoung looked up then looked down to see B-group. "We are going to the forest behind to pick walnuts. Won't you come?" Krystal asked.

Sooyoung brightened instantly. "Picking walnuts?!"


"Walnuts. Walnuts. What should I make with it?" Sooyoung sang as she skipped through the forest with B-group. "Cookie? Pound cake? Or maybe..." Sooyoung doesn't find it weird at all when she was invited by B-group who usually makes fun of her. Unfortunately, the girl chose not to be careful.

B-group threw walnuts all over the part of the forest they were in and smirked evily. "Oh my, I found it."

Sooyoung heard Krystal's voice and words. She darted to the spot where B-group was."Eh? Where, where?!" Sooyoung spotted tons of walnuts. "Ah! It's true! Over there. Over here, too. Here as well." While Sooyoung was busy fan-girling over the walnuts, Krystal backed away slowly to her friends and they ran away, leaving Sooyoung in the forest. "Amazing! Amazing! There are so many. Look. Amazing! They are here too." Hyuna used her camera phone and snapped a picture before joining her friends. "This is great. Wow! Amazing! So much fun! Ah! This too. Wow! Amazing! Fantastic!" Sooyoung held the walnuts in her hands. "Look! There are so many... huh?" It was then, Sooyoung noticed that she had been tricked. And now, she was all alone in the forest.

Krystal couldn't stop laughing. "Oh, my, Sooyoung..."

"Really, how amusing." Jessica laughed along.

"Where did everyone go? Over there, maybe?" Sooyoung tried looking around to find the B-group girls but they were no where in sight. "I'm still within the academy. I'll get back in no time." she assured herself.

The moon started showing itself a few minutes after Sooyoung had been left behind. "That's what I thought. But I can't get out of this forest." Sooyoung mumbled while wandering the open area. She squated down and rested for a bit. Her stomach growled. "I'm hungry." She rummaged through her pocket and dug out a walnut. She desperately tried to tear it apart but it wouldn't. She tried using a rock to crack it open but it wouldn't. Her stomach growled louder. She sighed dejectedly. "It's not working. I'm just getting more hungry."

Just then, she heard a piano being played. "This piano..."

She followed the sound. But since it was a forest she was in, there were many trees. Sooyoung kept running into them, tripped over rocks and got a nasty encounter with a snake. After a few hours, she finally made it out, alive. A big mansion came into her view. "Excape, successful."

"Are you alright?"

Before Sooyoung could respnd or see who the person was, she passed out.


"Sooyoung. Sooyoung. Sooyoung."

Sooyoung opened her eyes and a familiar face came into view. "Huh?" As soon as she realized who the person was, she sat straight up. "Eh! Tiffany-Sunbae!" Sooyoung looked around the room she was in. It was luxurious. There was a big piano, a collection of old but beautiful tea sets, silky curtains and a golden chandelier. "Where am I?"

"Don't worry. It's my room."

"I'm sorry." Sooyoung tried to crawl out of Tiffany's bed but ended up with the top half of her dangling from the bd while the other still on it. "I'm sorry. I don't know why, but somehow, I'm intruding on you. I'll leave immediately." Sooyoung tried to get up by turning herself but it resulted in her falling from the bed. "Ouch!"

"Sooyoung."

Sooyoung got up. "Yes."

"You get rest her for a while, Sooyoung."

"Say..."

"What's the matter?"

"How did you know my name? You called me earlier by name as well, right?"

Tiffany smiled. "Choi Sooyoung. After you were scouted by Siwon-ssam and transferred here, you became famous all over the school."

"I-Is that so?"

"I was just making some souffle, would you like some?"

"Souffle!"


Sooyoung watched Tiffany with admiration as she handled her souffle like a master. Amazing. There are no wasted movements nor hesitation. This is indeed Tiffany-sunbae.

"Sooyoung, between Darjeeling and Earl Grey Tea, which do you..." Tiffany turned around and saw that Sooyoung was staring at her trophy case.

"School cake competition winner, Junior cake competition winner, top in entrance exams in the country. There are so many others as well! Amazing!"

"All these are just ornaments. I work hard only for the acknowledgement of one person. Trophies are just a bonus."

"Even then, this is amazing. That person must be really pleased too, right?"

Tiffany hesitated for a while. "Yes..." Extremely.

"But this is lovely. It's spacious, and there's a kitchen, too. To be living in such a classy room indeed." Sooyoung spotted a mirror on the wall and saw her reflection. She played with a expressions and was giggling the whole time. Tiffany stared at her. No with disgust nor like she was a moron. But with questions.


Sooyoung's eyes glimmered as a souffle came into her view. "Wow, this looks delicious!"

"Now, help yourself."

"I will eat well!" Sooyoung scooped a small piece of the souffle and ate it. "Sweet! The natural sweetness of honey balanced perfectly was the first sensation, but in an instant it just melts in your mouth. Eh? There seems to be a fruit fragrence, but it tastes like mandarin orange." That caught Tiffany's attention. "There aren't any fruits in it are there?"

"Yes. That might have been the taste of the honey."

"Honey?"

"I used mandarin orange honey for the souffle. It doesn't have the richness of a confectionery but it has the unique refreshing flavour."

"As I thought, it's mandarin orange." Sooyoung took another bite. "Delicious!"

Choi Sooyoung.


Sooyoung waved happily outside of the mansion. It was evening and she should be leaving. "Thank you very much." she bowed and walked away.

How much ability is hidden in that innocent smile of hers? Tiffany watched Sooyoung closely as she left.


Yuri screamed so loud that the whole academy could hear her. "You were at president Tiffany's room?"

"And it was a really amazing room." Sooyoung felt Yuri placing her hand on her head.

"Are you having a fever, Sooyoung?"

"What? Don't you believe me?"

"But we're talking about president Tiffany here. The genius girl who wins at every competition. Even professionals admire the sweets she makes."

"The souffle Tiffany-sunbae makes, is fluffy, blooms and just melts in your mouth. It was really delicious." Sooyoung said dreamily. She noticed Yuri's closed eyes and balled up fists. "What's the matter Yuri?"

"Did you really eat president Tiffany's souffle?" Yuri screamed at her friend.

"Yes." Yuri was close to fainting. "Yuri?!"

"Maybe president Tiffany is interested in you? President is specially doted on by Siwon-ssam. Right now, she's like his favourite pupil."

"I work hard only for the acknowledgement of one person."

She must have been talking about Siwon-seonsaengnim.

"And you were scouted by Siwon-ssam to be here. Of course she'll be wondering about it, won't she?"

"No way. For someone as lousy as I am. Tiffany-sunbae only saved me out of kindness, that's all."

"Really? By the way, president Tiffany has entered for the cake Grand Prix this year."

"Cake grand prix is..."

"The greatest event at SM Academy. The winner gets to study in Paris."

"Ah, Paris!"

"President Tiffany actually submitted an entry, having never participated in it all this time."

"For the sake of going to Paris where Siwon-seonsaengnim is?"

"That might just be it."

"Wow, that's nice. When I get to high school, I'd like to enter too."

"What are you saying? Middle schoolers can participate, too."

"No way. Middle schoolers level are too different from high schoolers, aren't they?"

"It may seem impossible, but the likelihood still exists. Last year for example, the sweets princes group were the only ones from middle school who made it to the second round. For a middle schooler to even get past the preliminaries is record breaking."

Lu Han, Kris and Key really are amazing.

"In the first place, they would have gone even further if not Yoona had been in the group."

"Yoona?"

"She was our sunbae previously but... Ah! Don't ever mention her to Lu Han."

"It's taboo! Taboo!"

"Yeah." Sooyoung absent mindedly said.


"But it's really amazing, Sooyoung." Kris said.

"Sooyoung must be the only middle schooler who has been invited to president Tiffany's room." Key said.

"Rather than being invited, I was saved, I think." Sooyoung scratched her head.

"Sooyoung's a fool after all. Walnut season was long gone. Yet she entered the forest and got lost there." Lu Han remarked. As the boy carried on, Sooyoung got angrier. "We must be volunteers to have such an idiot in our group."

"Is that so? How about just grouping with Yoona-sunbae then?" Sooyoung burst out.

The icing Lu Han held was now squashed and all the cream fell out. Lu Han frozed and his fingers trembled. "Yoona..."

Kris came over to Lu Han's side and placed his hands on Lu Han's shoulder. "Well, just calm down."

For Lu Han to be this distracted indeed.

Key chuckled while Lu Han shook his head furiously to get rid of that name. "That must have been quite traumatic."

"What happened with Yoona-sunbae?" Sooyoung asked.

Upon hearing that name, Lu Han screamed at her. "Don't do that!!!"


"What the heck. To have heard such an ominous name." Lu Han muttered while dragging himself and walking with his friends. Sooyoung smiled apologetically at the boy with messed up hair.

"Yoona-sunbae is Im Yoona-sunbae. She's a third year middle schooler." Key explained. "She's the daughter of the president of the famed Chateau."

"The famed Chateau is the large industrial company famous for its chocolates and cookies, right?"

"Somehow, she fell for Lu Han." (A/N: No surprise. keke)

"Last year at the cake Grand Prix, we were strangely teamed up, but..." Kris trailed off.

Lu Han tasted a bowl of red sauce. He was instantly grossed out. "What is this?"

"Oh no, I've accidentally added soy sauce." Yoona said with heart-shaped eyes. She held a bowl. "This is my best marzipan."

"It's too hard!!" Lu Han exclaimed.

Sooyoung laughed awkwardly. Seems like Lu Han had a serious problem.

"In the end, even though the three of us did our best but..." Kris trailed off again.

Lu Han held up their finished creation. "Tres Bien, darling." Yoona flung herself at Lu Han, causing him to drop the plate. It shattered on the ground. And ended with Lu Han screaming in defeat.

"Ever since then, Lu Han's hatred for women skyrocketed." Key finished.

"I-I see..."

"But with Sooyoung, we might be able to do it at the cake grand Prix." Key said.

"Eh? Me?"

"Yes, that's how it feels like." Kris agreed.

"Cake Grand Prix, huh?"

Lu Han placed his hand on Sooyoung's shoulder. "Before that, we have to do exorsim. Come with me!" Clearly, Lu Han has gone cuckoo.

"Exorcism?" Kris, Sooyoung and Key said in unison.


"Wow! I can't make up my mind." Sooyoung gushed as she saw the line of sweets available at SM Salon. "There are newly created cakes too."

"No," Key disagreed. "The one you must try at least once is..."

"Angel's pudding." Lu Han finished.

"Ah, the one that was sold out the last time we came."

"It's the most popular sweets made by president Tiffany." Kris added.

"Tiffany-sunbae's? I must eat it then. The souffle yesterday was wonderfully delicious, too."

"President Tiffany's souffle?!" The princes exclaimed.

"Yes. Honey pudding."

"I see." They said together again.


The group were seated at a table with Lu Han sighing. "Why did only Sooyoung get to eat president Tiffany's souffle? Why at that time?" he muttered.

The waiter arrived. "Sorry to have kept you waiting." He placed a dish on the table.

"Huh?"

"But we haven't made our order yet." Key pointed out.

"Angel's pudding. I will eat well!" Sooyoung placed a spoonful in . "What an intense aura. A great use of eggs and milk, and the rich flavour of fresh ice cream. It feels like the flavour the sun would have."

Lu Han ate a spoonful too. "That's true."

"Delicious." Kris remarked.

"Yes." Key agreed.

"Did you like my pudding, Lu Han?" Kris and Key recognized the voice but Lu Han knew it way to well and has been trying to forget it. 

Sweat trickled down Lu Han's forehead. "Im Yoona?"

"This person is..."

"Donghae! Eunhyuk! Bring Lu Han an extra large pudding." Yoona ordered.

"Yes."

The boys returned with a pudding twice the usual size. "My skills have improved, hasn't it? For Lu Han's sake, I've been intensively training under a first class patisser." Yoona hugged Lu Han by surprise. "This year we'll definitely win the Grand Prix and travel to Paris, darling."

Lu Han pushed Yoona away. "I'm sorry, sunbae. But this year, umm..." He glnaced at Sooyoung "We'll be grouping with Sooyoung instead."

Sooyoung's eyes windened. While Yoona turned around and gave her a terrifying glare. "What did you say?" Yoona went closer to Sooyoung and studied her. "Ah, the girl that Choi Siwon scouted, huh? I heard that you can't even make crepes despite being in the A-group."

"Sooyoung. How about letting her try the cake we made on self practice earlier?" Kris defended. He held up a paper bag.

"Sure." Sooyoung took the cake out. "It's Mount Blanc."

Yoona took a bite. "What an impoverished flavour. Was she really scouted by Siwon-ssam?" Sooyoung lowered her head. "The genius patissier, Choi Siwon has poor judgement of people, huh?" Sooyoung found her courage to glare at Yoona but she was already at Lu Han's side, grabbing his arm. "Hey, how about grouping with me instead of that?" Lu Han tried his best to hold his disgust and tried pulling away from her. "I'll prepare the best ingredients."

"Don't say that."

Yoona stared at Sooyoung. Lu Han did, too. "What? Did you speak?"

"Don't speak badly of Seonsaengnim!"

"Huh? What's wrong of saying honestly that he has bad judgement of people?"

"I don't want you to make your decision based on that. I'll make a pudding more delicious than this!"

Yoona burst out laughing. "Did you hear that, guys?"

Donghae and Eunhyuk laughed along. "That's the best."

Yoona turned back to Sooyoung and glared. "Do it if you can. If you do, I'll take bad what I said completely. On the other hand... If you fail, I will be the one grouping with the sweets princes." The three of them almost fainted.

"Fine."

Lu Han pushed Yoona aside. "Idiot! Don't decide on your own!"

"That's right!" Kris and Key agreed. The three went Sooyoung's side.

"But..." Lu Han was shaking Sooyoung while Kris and Key were on both her sides, begging her.

"Hey!" Yoona called.

"Enough of that, all of you. You are bothering the other quests, aren't you?"

"President Tiffany." The group said together.

"I'm very sorry." Sooyoung apologised.

Yoona pushed Sooyoung out of the way. "President, please admit our pudding confrontation."

"What foolishness you are speaking."

Just then, someone chuckled. "It's interesting, isn't it? How about agreeing to it, Tiffany?"

"Chairman."

Chairman?

"We encourage those with determination. I'll be the judge for it."

"Understood. Then, you'll be making the best custard pudding. You'll be selecting your own ingredients. It will be on... that's right. A challenge in 3 days time."

The high school standards are very high.

"3 days? Will it be all right?"

Yoona turned to Sooyoung. "Hmph! Do you really think you'll catch up to me in just 3 days? It's natural that you'll lose."

No, I can't lose. "Just watch, I'll definitely make a pudding more delicious than yours."


HAIHAI!

So, Yoona is introduced. :) Sorry! I had to make her Luhan-Obsessed and sort of the bad guy. :/ But anyways, I'm totally excited about the Cake Grand Prix! But for now, it's just a small competition between Yoona and Sooyoung. The chairman will be judging. Oh, I wanted to talk about Tiffany. At first, I wanted Seohyun to be the president. She really fitted the role. But than I realized Tiffany was better since there'll be some romance with the president and Siwon. I don't think Seohyun goes well with Siwon so I used Tiffany instead. Her name starts with a 'T' and the character in the anime is called 'Tennouji' so it worked out nicely. I used Seohyun for another character but she's not introduced yet. :)

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. :D