The Legendary Sweets Princes?

Sweet Dreams

Chapter Two

The Legendary Sweets Princes?

Siwon-Oppa, this day has finally come! Sooyoung, in her new uniform, dragged her trolley bag on the bus. She went to the furthest seat and plopped herself there. From now on, I'll become a student of SM Academy!

I'm Choi Sooyoung. A 14 year-old-girl with no redeeming features. But I was able to find my dream upon meeting Siwon-Oppa that day! I had nothing I wanted to do in particular... And I had no other talent but loving to eat sweets... But after I ate a cake from Siwon-Oppa, I thought to myself... That I wanted to try making sweets like that myself! 

"I'll show everyone that I can become a respectable patissiere!" Sooyoung looked out the window and instantly felt really strange. "I get the feeling signs of lifes are decreasing..." she mumbled. "Did I get on the wrong bus?" 

"Next is SM Academy main gate." The bus driver announced on the speaker.

"Thank goodness. Looks like I'm on the right one." 


Sooyoung dragged her trolley bag in annoyance as she walked straight, trying to find SM Academy. "What was with that 'SM Academy Main Gate'?" she grumbled. "Liar!" The poor girl was worn out from walking too long. "Where's the school...?" Just then, she spotted something tall towards the front. But it was way further. "There it is!" Sooyoung used what's left of her energy and boost herself to the school.

Sooyoung was panting heavily when she reached the school. It was even harder for her as SM Academy was breath taking. "Amazing! This is the Korean school of SM Academy! A vocational school teaching how to make sweets for a hundred years since its founding! It's way bigger than what I saw in the pamphlet! It's like a castle! There's a fountain! Is it made out of marble? To think I'll learn how to make sweets in a place like this... It's almost like a dream! It would be best of Siwon-Oppa were here... To think he was suddenly tranferred back to the French school... But I'm sure I'll meet him again if I do my best! I'll do my best!"

"I'm sure you will." Sooyoung was startled. "Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to scare you. Nice to meet you, Sooyoung."

"Huh? How did you know my name?"

"You're Choi Sooyoung, the transfer student, right? I'm Kwon Yuri. We're sharing the same dorm, so I came to greet you. Nice to meet you!" Yuri held out her hand.

"Nice to meet you too!" Sooyoung shook Yuri's hand with both her hands.

"Alright, Sooyoung. I'll lead you to the dorms first."


"These are the girl's dorms. And this is our room!"

"How pretty!"

"I placed your luggage from home over there first."

"Okay! Thanks!"

"If there's something else missing..." Just then, the school bell rang. "It's already this late?! I'm on duty to prepare the ingredients! Sooyoung, go ahead to the classroom! See you!" With that, Yuri disappeared in a flash out the door.

"Yuri?!" Sooyoung tried stopping her but of course, Yuri was gone before Sooyoung could even take another step.


"Erm... The classroom is..."

"Choi Sooyoung?" Sooyoung turned around and came face-to-face with a really pretty bouquet of roses and a even prettier--handsome boy. He's pretty like a girl... Sooyoung blushed furiously. "Nice to meet you. I'm Key from Class 2-A." 

"2nd year? Then we're about the same age..."

"We're from the same class too. As a sign of our aqcuaintance, here is a present for you." The handsome boy, Key, handed Sooyoung the bouquet of roses. 

Sooyoung giggled girlishly. "Thank you!" Sooyoung held the roses to her nose to smell them. "It smells sweet... Are these roses sculpted out of candy?"

"Yes... I remembered how beautifully the roses I grow at home, my royal hignesses bloom... So I made those as a model of them." 

"'Made?' You made these?"

"That's right."

"Amazing... Is he really the same age as me?"

Key escorted Sooyoung to her class. He was going the same way, anyway. 

"Sooyoung... You came here through a recommendation by Siwon-Hyung, right? It's pretty amazing."

"Not at all!"

"He's called a genius patissier."

"Genius? Yeah... He really is a genius, huh?"

The two came to a staircase. Key stopped suddenly. "Your hand, please, my lady." He held out his hand.

"It's okay! I'm not lady-like at all..." Sooyoung was embarrased and a little flattered. Key certainly has a few smooth moves.

"No need to restrain yourself. Now..."

"Really... It's okay."

"Hey!" Sooyoung turned around and two boys were in front of her. "You're in the way..." The blonde boy grumbled.

"Sorry..." Sooyoung's eyes were drawn to what the blonde was carrying. "That's made out of chocolate?! It is, right?! Amazing!" She gushed.

"Who are you?"

"Sooyoung, the transfer student." Key speaked for her. "Sooyoung, these two are from the same class. Lu Han and Kris."

"I'm Choi Sooyoung. Nice to meet you!"

"Rather than introduce yourself, hurry and move aside." The blonde, Lu Han, rolled his eyes. "I can't pass."

"I'm sorry." Sooyoung did as what she was told and moved aside to let Lu Han through. As Lu Han was passing, he glared at Sooyoung. 

"Sorry about that. He's pretty unsociable." The brownish-blondish hair boy, Kris, apologized for Lu Han.

He's really unsocible! Sooyoung furrowed her brows in annoyance. Sure, it was my fault, but... There's a better way of putting it, right?! 

"Sooyoung, here. Open your mouth." Sooyoung did what she was told and opened it. Kris took out something and placed it in . 

Sooyoung chewed and swallowed it. "It's delicious!"

"It's a powdered green tea caramel I made. Nice to meet you, Sooyoung." With that, Kris hurried to catch up with Lu Han who was waiting impatiently for him. 

"Let's go too." Key smiled at Sooyoung.

"Hey, Key... Who made that chocolate sculpture...?"

"Lu Han."

Isn't this quite overwhelming being with these three pros? Don't tell me this school is of extremely high level?


The girls in the class were busy chit-chatting, gossiping and all that stuff. But they instantly quiet down when the door clicked open. Key, being the gentleman, held the door for Sooyoung. "Please go ahead."

"Thank you..." The girls looked up and saw three boys entering with a girl they've never seen before. Sooyoung plucked up her courage and introduced herself. "I'm Choi Sooyoung, the transfer student! Nice to meet you!" She bowed. 

A few of the girls came up to her. "Hey, hey, Sooyoung... Why did you come with those three?"

"I met them in the hallway..."

"That's Key-Oppa's candy sculpture, right? Did you he give it to you? How nice!"

"To be escorted by the Princes of Sweets... We're so jealous!" The girls gushed. 

"Princes of Sweets?"

"Those three!"

"Kim Kibum who makes such magnificent cakes... Xi Lu Han who's good at chocolates. And Kris Wu who's good at Korean sweets. Those three are top-class in both their looks and grades! They're called the Princes of Sweets!"

They really were amazing...  


Sooyoung looked herself in the mirror as she put on her hat. "This is the patissier uniform... It's the same as Siwon-Oppa's!" Girls were hurrying out of the changing rooms as the bells went by.

"Hurry, Sooyoung!"

"Y-Yeah!" Sooyoung closed her locker door and hurried along with the rest of the girls.


The whole class gathered at the school cooking room. Sooyoung saw her classmates and hesitated to join them. "This is the cooking room..." The girl looked around. "Too amazing!" Sooyoung figured she'd better join them or else she'd get in trouble with the teacher.


"Sooyoung. You'll be in Group A."

"Okay!" Sooyoung replied from the back. All around her, students started to gasp and whisper to each other.

Yuri pushed through the crowds of students to get to Sooyoung. "That's great, Sooyoung! Group A is the same as the group of the Princes of Sweets! It's the group with the highest grades!"

Sooyoung, instantly was worried. "No way! Why me?!"

"The elite group off the bat?!" One of the students whispered.

"She was recommended by Siwon-Oppa! I'm sure she's really skilled! But it's quite vexing! To think she'll always be with the Princes of Sweets!" said another.

"Today's self-practise will be the mille crepe." The teacher announced. "Mille means a thousand in French. It came to be called this from the spreading of custard cream in between the crepes and piling it up."

As the teacher was teaching, Sooyoung was worrying. I've... Never made mille crepe before... What should I do?

"Now, please begin."

But I have to do my best! Sooyoung looked up and realized everyone was looking at her. Why's everyone looking here?

"Sooyoung, let's do our best, okay?" Key pushed the batter to Sooyoung. 

"Y-Yes!" Sooyoung looked at the eggs. "Um..." She grabbed one. "Gotta do my best!" But she grabbed the egg a little too hard and it cracked. The egg yolk and white fell out of its shell and onto the floor. Sooyoung gasped in fear. "The egg..! What a waste..."

"What's up with that?" Lu Han grumbled under his breath.

Sooyoung turned as red as a winter apple. How embarrasing! To mess up from something like this...

Key gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't panic, Sooyoung. There's plenty of other eggs."

"You should relax and try again." Kris smiled at her too. 

"Key, Kris... Thank you."

Lu Han was the only one who wasn't giving her a smile. "Don't spoil her, you two. The whole group will be held respoinsible if someone messes up. I don't wanna be pulled down."

"I'm sorry."

"If you can find time to apologize, make better crepes." Lu Han said as he tossed his finished crepes out of his pan and onto a plate.

What's with him, acting so important? Sooyoung thought bitterly. How about you, then?! Sooyoung watched Lu Han pour his crepe batter into his pan. Even when pouring his batter, Lu Han was skilled. She glanced over to Key and Kris's work. They all did the same but with different styles. Still, their crepes turned out perfect. Every single one of the princes's movements are very fluid. Sooyoung turned back to Lu Han, who was now layering his crepes with cream. "Like Siwon-Oppa..."

"Xi Lu Han -- I've just finished making my mille crepe."

"Wow!" One of the students gushed.

"How pretty..."

"As expected!"

The teacher tasted Lu Han's crepe and a smile was formed on her face. "I have no complains with its appearance and taste. It's perfect, Lu Han. We'll send it out to our store immediately."

"I'm done." Kris said.

"I'm finished." Key said the same thing.

"Kris and Key both pass. Are you done, Sooyoung?"

"Somewhat..." Sooyoung mumbled. She held her somewhat perfect crepes for the teacher to see. It really is perfect. If you tilt your head, close your right eye and then your left, it's truely wonderful. 

The teacher was stunned. "A-Are you kidding?" The teacher's eyes twitched upon seeing Sooyoung's burnt crepes.

"I-I'm sorry!" She stared at Lu Han's crepes and then hers. There was aboely no competition at all. Hers was the work of an amatuer compared to his. The cause of that is because she was an amatuer. To think there's such a huge gap... 

"Group A, minus 10 points."

Now, Lu Han's eye was twitching.

"What's the meaning of this?" Students whispered. "Was she really recommended by Siwon-Oppa?"

"Isn't she unworthy to be in Group A?"

Sooyoung grapped the fabric of her skirt nervously. "U-Um...! I've never made mille crepe before... Or actually... I... I'm a complete beginner at making sweets!" She confessed.

The whole class gasped in utter shock. 

"Sooyoung..." Yuri mumbled.

Lu Han cut a small slice of Sooyoung's crepe and tried it. His expression didn't change. He was still frowning. "Indeed. It does taste like a beginner's work." Lu Han faced Sooyoung. "Sooyoung." She looked up. "You had 10 days leeway before you entered here, right?" Sooyoung nodded. "You've been delayed for over a year... So did you ever think of practicing? Did you think you'll get sympathy as a beginner... And would be taught every single detail?" 

"That's..."

"Don't take this lightly!" Lu Han shouted furiously at her. Sooyoung took a step back, startled. "We're aiming to be professionals! If you're not willing to do this, then go back home!"

Sooyoung couldn't hold it and lowered her head, letting a few tears drop. 


It was now night at SM Academy. The students were all having dinner in the dining room. "Hey, do you know where Sooyoung is?" Yuri asked her friends. 

"I haven't seen her. You can't find her?"

"She hasn't returned to our room. I wonder where she went..."

On the other table, Kris was worried sick, Key couldn't eat his dinner and Lu Han was stuffing his face. "That was tough for her first day..." Key mumbled. "Poor her... Wouldn't Sooyoung be crying alone somewhere?"

"Lu Han, you went a little overboard with what you said." Kris pushed his dinner away.

Lu Han didn't want to care. But he did felt the smallest worry and guilt for Sooyoung. "Would you guys just please, shut up! Can't a man enjoy his dinner in peace?"

"Peace?! How can you eat in peace when you're the one who caused Sooyoung to be missing?! For all we know, she could've been attacked by a bear, fallen into a hole or worse!"

"Okay, first of all, Kris, there are no bears in this school. Second of all, why would there be a hole in this school? Third of all, to stop all you guy's stupid worries, I'll go and find her."

"You will?"

"Yes, Key, I will. Right after I finish my dinner."


At the bus stop, Sooyoung was alone. Crying to herself, trying hard not to remember what her family did for her in order to get her to SM Academy. She gambled their hardwork by not doing well and causing her group to get minuses. Everything that Lu Han had shouted to her about...was right.


"Stupid girl... Where in the world is she?!" Lu Han grumbled. He was walking towards the cooking room, which by the way, was the only place he didn't go to search for Sooyoung. He even went out in the rain to look for her. Anyway, he was walking towards the cooking room when he heard someone. He quickly hid behind the door and peeked into the room. "She came back?"

"Ow, hot!" Sooyoung placed her burnt crepes on a plate. "Why does it end up like this? This time for sure!" Sooyoung poured another batter into the pan. "I put in too much? It's full of holes! Darn you, Lu Han! You didn't have to run your mouth off!"

Yes, I did. 

"H-Hot! Just wait and see!"

"She's started self-practise..." Lu Han mumbled, watching her closely.

"I'll show you I can get better at making mille crepe in a day!"

Like you can do that without my help. Lu Han rolled his eyes.

Sooyoung noticed that there was smoke. "I burned it again!" She quickly placed it with the rest of the crepes she has burnt. "Why can't I do this right?!" She lowered her head in disappointment. "I have no right to face Siwon-Oppa at this rate! To think he made me enter this school..."

Lu Han finally decided to show himself. "Pretty stupid choice, huh?"

"Yeah, no kidding..." Sooyoung realized she wasn't talking to herself. "Wait a minute..." She turned around. "Gosh! Lu Han you scared me!"

"Yeah, whatever. So, you want to get making crepes righ, you say." He walked over to Sooyoung.

"Yes." Sooyoung noticed Lu Han's clothes. "Why are you all wet."

Lu Han shrugged. "I was looking for you."

"You were? Why?"

"Because I wanted to eat my dinner in peace."

"What?"

"That's not important, okay. What's important is teaching you, knucklehead, how to make crepes. Now, take a hold of the crepe pan."

"Got it!" 

"Put on the fire."

"Yep!"

"Put in the butter."

"Okay!" This should be perfect! I should be able to fry a nice crepe... "Huh?" Sooyoung looked at her crepe. It was burnt.

"Not good at all! Do it again!"

"But..."

"Quit grumbling and get to it!"

"O-Okay!"

"Hold on a sec." Lu Han took a small spoon and scooped up some of the batter. He tasted it and his expression soften a little. "The batter's actually pretty good." He turned to Sooyoung. "You just have to polish up on your frying."


Kris sat on his bed, too worried about Sooyoung to sleep. "Sooyoung..." 


"All right. Now put the batter in."

"Okay!"

"Fry the crepe quickly without panicking."

"A hole's...!"

"Hurry and spread it out!"

"O-Okay!" Sooyoung tossed her result onto a plate.

"A hotcake?!" Lu Han pinched the bridge of his nose. "Alright, I'm gonna let you in on a secret. If you fry it with a thin batter, it'll be more delicious."

"I burned it!" Lu Han was close to smashing his head on the wall. "Hot! I ruined it again!" 

"Are you even listening to what I'm saying?!" 

"Eep! I'm sorry!"

"How many times do I have to tell you?! Lower the heat of the crepe pan when you're frying one!"

"Yes!"

"No! No! No! It's burning!"

"H-H-Hot!"

"Make it snappy! It won't turn out well if you act like a scaredy cat!"

Sooyoung was completely worn out from Lu Han's constant yelling and not giving her breaks. He's devil... She tossed one more crepe onto a plate. But this time, Lu Han didn't yell at her.

Lu Han touched the crepe lightly. "Wow, Sooyoung, you fried this one well."

"Really?" The girl was wiping her forehead. Lu Han nodded. "I see... Just like that..." Sooyoung tried again. "I managed to shape it well after I got used to it."

Lu Han nodded his head in approval. "That's good, Sooyoung."

She tossed another perfect crepe onto a plate. "I can do it if I practice!" "Did you ever think of practising?" It's just like Lu Han said. 

"Hey, you. Stop dreaming." 

"Oh, sorry. Thanks, Lu Han. You really helped me a lot."

"Ah, it's no big deal." Lu Han walked away from the table, going towards the door. He turned back. "Aren't you coming, Sooyoung?"

"To where?"

"Well, duh, it's the middle of the night. You need to get some sleep."

Sooyoung shook her head. "Nah, you go ahead. I'm just going to stay here."

"Suit yourself." With that, Lu Han disappeared out the door.

Sooyoung set her frying pan on a damp cloth and hot steam came out. She sighed in exhaustion. Making crepes was really tiring for a beginner like her. But Sooyoung told herself that she must smile. As when making sweets, you have to have a joyful feeling. They're beloved sweets afterall. You have to make them while wishing for those who eat them to be happy.

Taking her own advice, Sooyoung put on her biggest smile and carefully layered each of the crepes with cream and strawberries. She cut a slice out and was delighted with the looks of it. Sooyoung was even happier when she tasted her creation. It was ten times better than the one she did earlier that day in class. Smiling, Sooyoung gave herself a pat on the back for her accomplishment. 

After all that teaching, Sooyoung learnt that she could take it slow. She may not be as good as Lu Han, Siwon and the others yet... But just like the mille crepe, she can take it step by step. Afterall, her dream's just started. 

Siwon-Oppa, how are you? I'm fine. I made lots of new friends here. Well... I wouldn't count Lu Han as my friend yet, but he did help me in making delicious mille crepes. But I promise you, I'll do my very best to become a patissiere!


Hey, readers! Officially the second chapter of Sweet Dreams. :) Looking through the votes now, Lulu is pulling ahead with 14 votes! *impressed* Cowboy-Ge is second with 13 votes! And still last, Kibummie has 5 votes! Well, at least they were more than before. :)

This time, there are SooHan, SooKey and SooKris moments. :) First, the SooHan moment. They didn't have any like romantic moments in this chapter. The two got off to a cold start but I guess they're starting to get along. Well, I won't let that happen. *smirks* Then the story wouldn't be interesting. kekeke. Kidding. maybe

Second, SooKey. Well, obviously, Key started flirting with Sooyoung the minute he met her. haha. 

Third, SooKris. Sooyoung and Kris had a pretty simple meeting. Not to flirty and not to cold. There are indirect(?) SooKris moments. Like when Kris starts worrying about Sooyoung so much that he couldn't sleep. Yeah. 

So I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! And I see that it's almost 20 subscribers and it's only been one chapter! Thank you guys so so much! <3