Birthday party at Piyo Piyo Kindergarten

Sweet Dreams

Chapter Six

Birthday party at Piyo Piyo Kindergarten

Group A held a meeting at night in the school kitchen. It wasn't technically a meeting. It was more of a group get together. Lu Han had whipped up his Chocolat Chaud for the four of them including him. Sooyoung started a conversation with Kris. "Kris, your dream is to open a Korean and European mixed branch shop next to your family's confectionery, right?" Kris nodded.

"I am aiming to work with my mother who's in flower arrangement, as coordinators for food, clothing and residences." Key added.

"I will definitely be a first class patissier and have an outstanding shop." Lu Han added in as well. "That is why I must graduate as the best from here."

I see. Everyone has their own aspirations. Sooyoung felt her mood unlightened. Compared with that, I only have my love for sweets. My admiration for Siwon-Oppa's cake, my desire to make the strawberry tart my Halmoni makes that always made me smile when I cried, and I am here merely for those reasons... "Somehow that seems to be in a completely different level from trye aspirations... I must be just...dreaming?"

"Well then, now that we're done with talking about ourselves. This is a little belated but..." Key took a box that Sooyoung didn't notice out. "Let's have a welcome party for Sooyoung. Everyone prepared this together."

"These marzipan doll and rose candy is made by Key, right?"

"You guessed it right."

"The chocolate swirl is from Lu Han's."

"Yeah. Since it's still impossible for you to make."

Stupid Lu Han... "And this ggul tteok looking thing is..."

"It's a Turkish delight with Korean confectionery touches. It's made with fresh cream and strawberry."

Everyone presented their prided technique. Sooyoung took a bite from the cake. "This is petit flour, right?"

"Yes, you really know a lot about it." Key complimented. "It's a French Bakery's strawberry shortcake."

"Compared with Korean shortcakes, it has its own peotic culture. It feels like I'm standing in a field of wild strawberries. Nevertheless, how did you make this marzipan so well?"

"Have you heard of the phrase, an artisan steals by sight. In the future, whichever patisserie you go to..."

"Patisserie?"

"He means cake shops." Kris explained.

"Oh!"

"Nobody will kindly teach everything, newcomers have to steal the skills by watching their sunbae."

"Ehh... Is that the way it is?"

"Just kidding." Key chuckled.

"This is an academy, and Sooyoung's so cute, so I'll teach you anything you want." Sooyoung blushed and felt flattered. Lu Han and Kris on the other hand, were glaring at the flirting Key. "Do you know, different people has different focuses."

"I can't keep up with his personality." Lu Han grumbled to Kris.

"I agree as well." Kris grumbled back.

Key held up a sketch pad to let Sooyoung see. "In my case, it's design. To potray the shape I want, I have to redraw it countless times. Also, the flower arranging that we practice in class, gives us decorating ideas."

Deisgn and flower arranging. He's so good at everything and still puts in so much effort. I've to try my best, too. I'll try crafting with marzipans as well.


"Sooyoung, see the whole picture clearly." Key instructed as Sooyoung tried to craft a marzipan of a doll. Sooyoung showed Key her final result and he almost fainted. It doesn't look anything like the doll. It looked more like a cross between a wolly mammoth and bigfoot.

"It's strange, with Sooyoung, you'd just want to teach her." Lu Han mumbled to Kris. "Like pouring water in sand. It will just keep absorbing the water, making it interesting. This might be due to the idiotic personality she's blessed with."

"Just be frank with your comments..." Kris mumbled.


Outside the school kitchen, three girls, Kim Hyuna, Jessica Jung and Krystal Jung were watching Group A. "She came in after us, but what an eyesore, that Choi Sooyoung." Krystal mumbled. "And she can't even make any satisfactory sweets at all."

"But, she's surrounded by the sweets princes." Jessica pointed out. "And somehow they seem to be having fun."


"Birthday cake for Piyo Piyo Kindergarten. For this operation, Groups A, B and C will be in charge of the kindergarten pupils, huh..." Sooyoung read the flyer as she sat in bed.

Yuri sat up as she heard Sooyoung reading. "Sooyoung, is this your first time doing voluntary work?"

"Yes, and it seems fun. I like children."

Yuri shook her head. "No...no... you can't be naive about this. Cake are tough to handle already."

"Tough...Cake?"


"Everyone...Students from SM Academy are here!" The teacher of Piyo Piyo Kindergarten announced.

All at once, the children swarmed the SM Academy students like bees to honey. "Snacks! Snacks!" Sooyoung used Lu Han as shield to protect herself from the kids. "Kris, let's play!" A group of kindergarteners surrounded poor Kris.

"Hey...hey..." Kris was being used as a climbing pole by the kids.

"Kibum-Oppa over here." Another group of kids targeted Key.

But the boy was calm. "Alright, alright..."

"Yuri-Noona..." The kids spotted Yuri carrying a box of cake.

"Don't rush, it'll break."

"Lu Han, hurry up and get in." Sooyoung whispered, still behind Lu Han.

"You, too."

Suddenly, a few of the kids came running over to Sooyoung and Lu Han. "Lu Han, give us chocolates."

Sooyoung got out of the way before the kids slammed Lu Han down. He got up and his demon side was revealed once again. "Y-You brats...!"

Sooyoung held Lu Han back as he was about to come after the kids. "Lu Han."

"What are you doing? That's so immature." One of the kids spoke.

Lu Han growled angrily like a lion wanting to kill his prey. "Now, now..." Sooyoung was still holding Lu Han back when one of the male kindergarteners did something horribly age-restricted for them. Sooyoung screamed in fear and covered her skirt. She cursed whoever invented such short skirts for SM Academy girls.

"It was strawberry prints." The boy whispered to his grinning friend.

"That's quite childish." he remarked.

Now, it was Sooyoung's turn to unleash her demon side. "Brats... Hey you brats!!!"

And it was Lu Han's turn to hold her back. "Now, now."


"It's Amber, Jonghyun and Sunny's birthdays this month." The teacher announced.

"Alright. It's a day late, but here Amber, for you." Yuri handed Amber their box. "It's C group's cherry cake." Amber's eyes glimmered as she saw the cake.

"It's a day early, but for Jonghyun B group made, Hero cake." Krystal handed Jonghyun thei box.

"Wow, space mask!"

"And for Sunny, as requested, A group made you a princess cake." Key handed Sunny their box.

"Wow, it's cute."

"Thank you everyone from SM Academy." The teacher said.

"Thank you." The kids echoed. "Thank you for this meal!" They kids ate their cakes with joy.

"Everyone seems so pleased." Sooyoung remarked.

"It's important to watch the reaction of those eating as well." Key said.

"I see!" Sooyoung was scribbling furiously on her book when she saw something. It was a girl. She wasn't eating her cake with joy like the others. She wasn't even eating her cake. She sat at one corner all by herself. Why is only that girl all alone?

"Taeyeon, you shouldn't do this. Why aren't you eating with the rest of them?" Hyoyeon, Taeyeon's sister asked.

"I'm alright alone." Taeyeon mumbled.

"Being that way, you'll never be able to make friends." When Taeyeon didn't respond, Hyoyeon shook her head and left her alone.

Sooyoung was staring at the scene when Yuri came over. "The girl is Hyoyeon's little sister, Taeyeon."

"Is Hyoyeon's home near here?"

"Yes. Hyoyeon was staying at the Dorms alone when she first got in the academy, but... Taeyeon and her family moved here last month."

"Oh... Is that so?"

"Taeyeon is extremely quiet so it's quite hard to befriend her."

Taeyeon looked up as a strawberry cookie was offered to her. "Taeyeon. Do you want a cookie?" Taeyeon saw Sooyoung smiling at her, offering a pretty cookie.

She accepted it and studied it. "It's a strawberry." Taeyeon gave the smallest smile.

"I'm called Choi Sooyoung."

"Strawberry and apple cheeks are getting along!" Jonghyun teased. His to other friends made faces at the two girls.

"Who is strawberry ?!"

"Aahh! Run away!" Jonghyun screamed as he and his friends were being chased by demon Sooyoung.

As Sooyoung gave up on chasing the little annoying brats, she came back to where Taeyeon was sitting and realized that she was gone. "Taeyeon?"


"I was transferred to here too in order to learn how to make cakes." Sooyoung explained as she and Taeyeon were sitting inside a tunnel at the kindergarten's playground.

"Eh, is that so? It's the same as Hyoyeon-Unnie."

"Do you like cakes, Taeyeon?" Taeyeon didn't say anything and just her bunny toy. "You didn't eat the birthday cake at all, so I thought maybe you hated cakes."

Taeyeon shook her head. "No."

"Right. When is your birthday, Taeyeon?"

"Next month."

"I see. I'll make you a birthday cake then. So what kind of cakes do you like?"

"A cake with apples and lots of fresh cream. You know, in my previous kindergarten, we made snowmen when it snowed. And after that, Unnie made us an apple cake. It was really delicious. It was like this." Taeyeon drew a cake on the walls of the tunnel with a chalk.

"I'll make a cake like that then."

"But, I can't eat it together with everyone else. They'll keep teasing and call me apple cheeks."

Ah... That's what it was. You feel a little lost at a new school, even the slightest thing can be depressing.


"Sooyoung, hwo could you promise without due consideration?" Lu Han asked as Group A were walking back to the academy. "What exactly is a cake that can help everyone get along?"

"Sooyoung, do you have an idea?" Key asked.

"Umm...well, can I design Taeyeon's cake?"

"Of course. It's best when the person who wants to do it, does it." Kris said.

"Thank you. I'll think of an exciting cake."

"Oh, you really are inspired to do this." Kris remarked.

Sooyoung giggled. That's because Taeyeon is like me, when I first came to SM Academy. I can't leave her alone.


An exciting cake made with apples and fresh cream is... Sooyoung stayed up all night trying to come up with a design for Taeyeon's cake. But nothing came out of her mind. What should I do? White. Friends. Suddenly, an idea strucked her. I got it.


The next day, Hyoyeon was dragged out of the school by a person wearing sunglasses, a mask and a hat. The person dragged her all the way to Piyo Piyo Kindergarten. Hyoyeon was about to call for help when she recognized the person. Even in a disguise, her stupidity could be shown. "What are you trying to do, Sooyoung?"

Sooyoung held her finger to her covered mouth and begin studying the kids. She had a scketchbook and a pencil for some reason. Taeyeon is still all alone. Sooyoung thought as she stared at the girl far away from everyone else, playing with her stuffed bunny toy.

Just then, a boy spotted her. He pointed and shouted, "Noona, there's a suspicious person here!"

"Suspicious?!" Sooyoung ran away, grabbing Hyoyeon's hand. "This won't do..."


"H-How is this?" Sooyoung mumbled to herself. Only to have herself disagree and crumple up yet another paper and throw it away.


"H-How is this?" Sooyoung showed her idea to the sweets princes.

"It's cute." Kris remarked. "Is it a snow park?"

Sooyoung flipped her sketchbook to another page. "The students and apple trees will be made of marzipan." she explained. "The snow dome will be apples covered in fresh cream."

"Ah... that will be my specialty." said Kris.

"Snowmen will be white chocolate filled with custard. And the white apple will be filled with custard cream."

"That's my task, right?" Lu Han asked.

"This seems fun, doesn't it?" Key said.

"You've captured kindergarten students traits very well." Kris remarked.

Key and Kris were both waiting for Lu Han to say something nice about Sooyoung's idea. But all they got from him was his poker face.

"Umm...as practice, could we try making this cake tonight?" Sooyoung asked.

"Of course." The tree boys said in unison.

"It's that girl again." Krystal mumbled at the other table.

"Really, she gets on my nerves." Jessica said, watching the guys smiling at her with jealousy.

"I just had an idea." Krystal smirked.


Group A stayed up at night to practice making the cake just like Sooyoung said and the princes promised.

"Be careful with that." Kris said as Sooyoung was carving a strawberry with a sharp knife.

"Okay." I hope Taeyeon will be pleased with this cake. And I hope she gets along with everyone.


"Phew..." Sooyoung wiped her forehead. "To make all this takes quite some effort."

"But it turned out really well." Key remarked at the finished result of the cake.

"Shall we go to the store?" Kris called from the door.

"I'll come." Sooyoung called back. Key and Lu Han followed her as she made her way to the door. And so the cake was left there. With no one to guard it...


The school kitchen door opened and in walked Group B students. "They've all gone out." Krystal said with a smirk. "It's this cake."

Hyuna held up a camera to the cake Group A made. The girls were snapping photos of the cake but there was someone else snapping photos of them.

"Hmph, it's nothing great, really." Krystal mumbled. "Choi Sooyoung's design, indeed."

"She can only feel good about it for now." said Jessica.

"We'll embarass you on the day you deliver it." Krystal said.


"The store's meat buns are really delicious!" Kris exclaimed as he took a bite out of the said food.

"It's a new cafe latte. Want some?" Key asked Sooyoung as she was staring at the drink he was drinking.

She nodded and took a sip from it. "I bought a lot of newly made candy." Sooyoung held up a bag of candies as she took a bite out of a meat bun that Kris handed her.

"Can't you wait till we get back to the cooking room?" Lu Han grumbled.

Suddenly, Kris grabbed him from behind and stuffed a meat bun in his face. "You have some, too."

"I'm hurting..."

Somehow, this feels strange. Just a short while ago, I was in a normal middle school and I only got to eat sweets when Umma treats. Imagine, now I am making sweets with friends here...


"It's finally today. The birthday party." Sooyoung said as she and the princes walked in the cooking room. "I wonder if Taeyeon is waiting for it, too."

"Yup. The marzipan and the dome has been made. All that's left is to decorate it." Kris said.

"We've practiced so many times that we can do it blindfolded." Lu Han said confidently.

Group A walked past Group B who were carrying a cake. But they realized that it wasn't just any cake. It was their cake. "Eh?"

"Wait...that cake is ours." Kris called out to Group B.

"Huh?!" Jessica gasped.

"It's exactly like the one I thought up." Sooyoung said.

"Please don't say such weird things... It's my design." Krystal claimed.

"You copied from her didn't you, Sooyoung?" Jessica said.

Sooyoung gasped. "No way... That's not it." Sooyoung said as the three princes stared at her in confusion. "For Taeyeon's sake, I thought so hard..."

"Ah...but she's on the 15th seat, is it? Thank goodness, Jihyun's 4th seat, so I'll get to display mine first." Krystal smirked.

"Being presented with the same cake will be disappointing, won't it?" Jessica smirked along with her sister. "She'll be teased for copying."

Sooyoung's mood saddened as the thought of Jihyun accusing Taeyeon of copying and tears welling up in her eyes flashed in her head. "Those people, why?"

"She's one to speak, when they're the ones who stole the design." Lu Han said angrily.

"We made it at night, so they might have seen it at some point." Key said.

Everyone believed me. "Unforgivable." Sooyoung balled up fists at both her sides in anger. A cake made to cheer the girl up, saddened her instead.

"The birthday party is at 12 noon. We must change the deisign in an hour." Lu Han said.

"But, how do we do it?" Kris stared at the ingredients meant for the first design on the table.

For Taeyeon to be please. A cake that helps her get along with everyone. On a cold snowy day, getting along with everyone... "Ah! That's right. I got an even better design." The princes stared at her, stunned.

To be continued...


Hey, guys. I apologise truly for this incredibly boring chapter... And I even made two seperate parts when I could've smushed them altogether -.- I hope you guise don't mind.

Anyways, this was mainly about Sooyoung helping Taeyeon make friends, get along with everyone, make her happy... yeah. There's slight SooHan in this chapter. Like the part where they were holding each other back. yeah. Oh, by the way, I apoligise for the weird 'strawberry ' thing... I could've cut that out but no... instead, i didn't and let it stay... *facepalm* sorry, i thought it was really funny xD. Oh, and sorry to all you Jessica, Krystal and Hyuna lovers... I read a couple of fanfics before and sometimes Sica and Stal are potrayed as mean and cold so yeah... Hyuna, because the character in the anime had purple hair.. so... Hyuna doesn't even have purple hair! >. Holy Krisus, just what am I thinking.... And there's also slight SooKey. The small coffee bit part? Yeah. they had an indirect kiss :P Not much SooKris and SooRi here, though. haha 

I hope you guys enjoyed, probably not, but yeah, stay tuned for the next chapter! :D