Four

I don't want an Idol Boyfriend

Chapter 4

After the show, Yejin had gone off first, knowing you and Kris might take a while talking, catching up and whatnot.

“Just call me if you’re done, or if he’s bringing you back to the hotel or not. I don’t want you getting lost, okay?” She told you. You playfully rolled your eyes, but nonetheless nodded at her.

“I’ll be fine Yejinnie. It’s not like I don’t know Seoul by heart.” You told her, grinning sheepishly.

“But still, many things have changed in the last 4 years. I just want to make sure you’d get home safely.” She told you. You pulled her for a hug, before you’d go meet Kris on the backstage. You’re pretty excited, hell, you’re very much excited.

You stood in a safe distance from the back door. You saw that a bunch of fans were also waiting alongside you. You had the special passes that Kris handed you so you can meet him at the backstage without any problems.

 “Hey, go home, all of you! There’s no one in here anymore! They’ve all went out through the basement!” The security hollered. You winced at his voice.

The younger girls, who look like they skipped their classes from high school, groaned and protested. But before the security would totally shut the door, you stepped up to him.

“OH FOR GOODNE---“

“Wait, Kris gave me this.” You cut him off in a small timid voice. The girls behind you were peering over you, wondering what you were trying to do to get past that big scary security.

“What?!” He snapped, as if this is just one of the many tactics fans have pulled before. “Stop lying! Why would he—“

You immediately fished out the ID pass that Kris gave you. The security eyed you carefully, before checking the ID.

“Special Pass: VIP Special Access

Signed by EXO-M Kris

Verified by EXO Manager Kim HyunJoon”

“Wait here.” The security told you. You stood there consciously, as you started hearing the girls whispering behind you. The security seemed to be radio-calling the security inside the waiting room. Once he heard the confirmation, he let you in, much to the other fangirls’ protests and wails.

“I’ll company you to EXO’s waiting room. You can’t roam around other idols’ waiting room, you understand?” He told you in a gruff voice. As if you want to bump on to that rude and obnoxious Infinite member.

The security knocked twice on a door that has EXO’s name on it. And almost in an instant, the door flew open, and Kris was there with a slight smirk on his face.

“Hey!” He pulled you in a brief hug. You noticed it was a ‘friendly hug’. Then you remember, everyone inside their waiting room must know you as “Kris’ cousin”. You turned to the security guy and thank him. He seemed to be surprised a bit at your politeness, but he mumbled ‘Welcome,’ and left.

“I hope you didn’t wait for too long.” Kris told you, as he gently tugged you inside the room. You can see that their waiting room was a lot bigger than it looked like from the outside. Well, it’s not like you have been in other waiting room to compare it with.

There 3 huge couches on the left side, and 2 more on the farthest side of the room. Perpendicular to the 3 couches were the mirrors, chairs and counter tops for their makeups. You saw a lot of stylist noonas, and you immediately felt conscious of yourself. You didn’t know that the people behind their makeup and wardrobe were much much gorgeous girls. Some of them would pass as celebrities themselves.

You noticed that the members had changed in to more comfortable clothes, including Kris. He beamed at you. You noticed the 3 managers right away, because of the wary looks they have been giving you, and not to mention that they’re a few years older than the members.

“Hyung, this is…erm,” Kris eyed the stylist noonas. They seemed to be busy with packing up their stuff. Kris pulled you closer to the managers who were sitting with someone who had a slight frown over his forehead.

“Hyungs, this is my girlfriend.” Kris squeezed your hand. Your eyes immediately shot at him, including the member who was frowning at the side.

“But-“ The youngest of the 3 managers started to cut in.

“I know I said she’s my cousin. But please, hyung,” Kris plead in a hard voice. You didn’t know how to make of the situation. The 3 of them looked at you. They knew the moment that Kris had begged them a special pass that you’re just not someone who is blood related to him.

“Whatever. Just be careful. I don’t want any scandal on the news tomorrow, or on any other day.” One of them crossed their arms and just shrugged, as if finally deciding it’s no big deal.

“Thanks hyung!” Kris smiled a little. It’s so rare for the managers to actually see Kris smile. Not even with—

“One wrong step Kris, and you know the consequences, right?”

He nodded. He tugged your hand, telling you to move closer to him.

You bowed at them, before introducing yourself. Their eyebrows shot up. You were so timid and shy, and so different from what they expected Kris’ ideal woman would be.

“Just…” one of the managers started. “Just don’t go around introducing her as your girlfriend. Continue with the ‘cousin’ alibi. Okay?”

They eyed you warily. So you were the cousin that Chen and the others told them about, who got in trouble with a couple of Infinite members. They shrugged and went back to work.

Kris dragged you towards his younger members.

“Hey guys, this is…er..” Kris glanced at you. You smiled reassuringly at him.

“This is my girlfriend.” Kris said, smirking a little. You smiled and bowed at them, and introduced yourself. The others gasped, maybe at Kris’ boldness for bringing you there, and maybe the others for some reasons. The others smiled warmly at you. But you noticed one person who was just staring at you with a slight frown over his forehead.

‘What’s his problem?’ you mumbled, as you broke eye contact with that person.

“This is Luhan, Chen, Lay, D.O., Chanyeol,” The tallest one with slight curly hair waved animatedly at you. You chuckled and waved back.

“These are Xiumin, Baekhyun, Sehun, Tao, Kai,” Kai nodded at you, you were quite oblivious that he elbowed the guy beside him, whom you assumed was Tao.

“And my fellow leader, Suho.” Kris turned to the guy who was seated beside the managers. He gave you one unfriendly nod and raised his eyebrows at you in an intimidating way.

Suddenly, you remember that guy. This is the same guy whom your friend back overseas likes in EXO. She told you because he looks so gentle, and has a feature and voice of an angel. At that time you agreed with her, but now, you’re not so sure anymore. The way he’s scowling at you, he looks more like he’s ready to spit fire at you.

“Do you want tour around?” Kris asked you, not letting go of your hand. You were about to nod, excited to roam around, but a voice cut through you.

“Don’t go far Kris. We’re about to go home.” One of the managers said, without leaving his eyes over the paper works that they’re doing.

“Oh, Kris, where are you going?” One of the stylists approached you. You smiled at her, but her eyes didn’t seem to leave Kris. She touched Kris’ broad shoulders and pretended to brush off the nonexistent lint on her sweater.

“I’m going to give her,” he tugged you closer to him, “my cousin a tour around the studio.” He said.

“Oh,” The stylist seemed to finally notice you. “How cute!” She cooed at you, as if you’re a small puppy.

You awkwardly thanked her, although you’re not sure if she’s someone to be friendly or not.

“Let’s go.” Kris excitedly pulled you with him.

You met with a lot of other artists, mostly female. They all greeted Kris, some friendly, some a bit flirty. You tried to push it off your mind. Kris didn’t seem to be flirting back with them, so you have nothing to worry about. All the while, he’s introducing you to everyone as his cousin. Others raised their eyebrows at the introduction, others believed at him. But the ones who raised their eyebrows weren’t so convinced. The way Kris grips your hand, and the way he would look dotingly at you, they all knew you weren’t cousin, not even long distanced cousins.

Just as you were about to go back from the EXO’s waiting room, Kris’ mobile phone rang.

He eyed you apologetically, and for the first time, he let go of your hand. He stepped a few feet from you to answer your call.

“Hello?”

~

You occupied yourself from the things around you. The staffs are carrying back the different stage sets back to storage room, you presumed. You look at the poster displays along the wall, when suddenly you felt a presence beside you. You thought it was Kris so you turned to that person, smiling.

“H-Hey!”

You blinked at him. Isn’t this Wooya? Or was it Woohyun? The one from Infinite.

“Are you…erm, lost again?” He asked you in a friendly tone. But you wouldn’t let your guard down.

“No. I’m with Kris.” You pointed at the direction where you knew he was, but he was gone. You felt your heart dropped, and quickly turned around to find him. But no luck, he was nowhere around.

Woohyun looked around too.

“I can take you back to EXO’s waiting room.” He offered. You peered at him.

“It’s okay. I think I can just look for it myself.” You said.

“Hey, no need to be so hostile with me. I’m Woohyun.” He extended his right arm to you. You knew that it’s only right to accept his handshake: for politeness’ sake.

You introduced yourself.

“So, Kris’ cousin, right?”

You nodded.

“I apologize for my leader’s behaviour earlier,”

“Huh? Leader?”

He chuckled. “You really haven’t heard of us?” He asked good naturedly. “Sunggyu is our leader. We’re from Infinite.”

“I know Infinite. My friend likes you guys. I just don’t know the members and your names.” You shrugged.

“Really? How come?”

You made a face. Is he really not letting you go? What if Kris and the others left you behind?

“I live overseas for 4 years. And, I was more of a fan of rappers, than idol groups.”

Woohyun was a bit taken back with your bluntness. But he can totally understand your hostility towards him, after what Sunggyu had done. He nodded.

“I like you.” He suddenly said. You whirled your head back at his direction and frowned at him. He chuckled. “I mean, I like your bluntness. It’s not everyday that I get to meet a girl and straight forwardly tell me she didn’t like idols, but prefers rappers.”

You didn’t know how to respond to that.

“Is that why you’re with Kris?”

You were flabbergasted. How did he know—

“Kris is my cousin,” was your defense. Woohyun was still smiling, but not in a threatening way.

“Don’t worry. I’m an idol too. Your secrets are safe with me.” He jutted his chest out slightly, putting his fist over his heart. Your eyes finally soften. He looks so adorable and sincere. How he found out, he never told you. Without even realizing, the two of you started walking, and just randomly talked about bits about his idol life and your life overseas. Soon, you were infront of EXO’s waiting room.

You eyed it warily. You’re not even sure if Kris was back here already, and you’re not stupid not to feel how unwelcome your presence was with Kris’ workmates.

“So, this is it then?” Woohyun gave you a nice smile. You’re starting to change mind about Infinite. Maybe Sunggyu is the only scornful and rude among Infinite members.

“Will we see each other again?” He asked.

“I… don’t know.” You said truthfully. It was actually nice to be friends with Woohyun, plus you’re sure Yejin would be ecstatic. But you don’t really want to deal with Sunggyu anymore.

“Well, it’s nice meeting you! I hope you didn’t have a bad impression of us because of what happened earlier,” he hoped sincerely. You smiled affectionately at him and shook your head. Sunggyu better be thankful of having a genuinely nice member, or else, Infinite is forever tainted in your eyes, and you’re sure, in Kris’ eyes too.

When Woohyun finally left, you suddenly felt nervous. You didn’t really want to be alone, not without Kris.

You timidly knocked over the door. And before you could even twist the door open, someone else did for you.

You were faced to faced with an angry—no, a fuming Suho. He scowled even more when he saw you standing in front of him.

“Move.” He hissed, and shoves you to the side with his broad shoulder.

“Hey!” You cried defensively, and massaged your shoulder.

“Bye oppa~” A girl with long wavy chestnut hair, towering you 4-5 inches taller, stopped by the doorway beside you. “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” She blew kisses to someone inside.

The girl was extremely giggly, and really really pretty. You saw that she’s wearing killer heels, an extremely short cut off denims, and a hanging gray Hello kitty sweater. Her navel ring can be seen in a mile. She looks so gorgeous.

“Oh, hello!” She greeted you and gave you a wide smile upon seeing you by the door.

“Suho oppa, wait for me!” The girl’s heels clicked away, trying to catch up to the scowling male.

You peered inside to see if Kris was there. And true enough, he was seated on one of the couches, with his hand covering over his forehead. He seemed to be suddenly exhausted.

The members were talking to him in hushes voices. ‘What’s happening?’ you thought to yourself.

“Boys, get down to the basement parking in a few, okay? Kris, girlfriend or cousin, get her to leave already. You can’t expect us take her in to the van with us, okay?” The manager told him. But he suddenly stopped upon seeing you. “Oh, I guess you don’t have to tell her that.”

With that, Kris looked up and met your very much confused eyes. You bowed slightly at the manager who now walked out of the room. You noticed that it was only you and the EXO members were there. All stylists were gone. All the other crews were gone.

“Oh noona. You’re just in time. I was just about to look for you.” One of them with a small and pretty face said. He smiled warmly at you.

“Luhan, she’s not a noona to you. She’s Suho’s age. So you’re older than her.” Kris said, eyeing you warily. You awkwardly smiled at the one he called Luhan.

“Oops. So I guess you’re my dongsaengie.” He chuckled.

The other members looked at Kris expectantly, as if they’re expecting him to say something to you. You titled your head at the side.

“Come here.” Kris motioned for you. You cautiously stepped towards him. He pulled you to his side, and the one you recognized as Baekhyun scooted to make some room for you.

“I’m sorry I left you. I just… had a few things to do.” He said, holding your arms. He looked really apologetic and suddenly exhausted. You nodded, and smiled gently at him.

“It’s okay. And you all must go down now. I can manage to go home alone.” You reassured him. He gave you a look. “I’m sure!”

“I’m sorry you have to hear that.” Kris said.

“It’s okay. Really.”  You then look around the other members. Baekhyun, Lay, Luhan, Chanyeol and Xiumin all met your eyes. The others refused to look at you, as if they were caught doing something they’re not supposed to do.

“It was nice meeting you all. I’m sorry if I made you a bit uncomfortable.” You said. All 5 members started protesting how it was nice meeting you, and that it would be wonderful to meet you again. But Kai and D.O. suddenly stood up.

“I’m off here.” Kai just said and took his bag with him.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I need to get down now.” D.O. said and shot you a silent apologetic look. You nodded at him. Sehun looked like he wanted to go too, but Kris gave him a look when you weren’t looking. The poor maknae cowered down on his seat and held on Luhan tightly.

“Don’t mind them.” Chanyeol told you.

“I should get going now,” You told them and stood up, Kris looked at you helplessly.

“Are you sure? We can walk you to the exit, noona.” Lay said quietly. You turned to look at him.

“I’m fine.” Kris stood up and squeezed your shoulders gently.

“I’ll call you, okay? I really will.” He told you. You nodded and he gave you a peck on your cheeks before you made your way outside their waiting room, waving them goodbye.

 

 

---------

So hi guys! ^^ I'm sorry I wasn't able to update yesterday. and the other day. I was caught up in a fandom responsibility so, yeah.

I hope you guys would comment ^^ I'd really feel happy if I could talk to you guys. :P lol and yeah, shout outs to the new subscribers^^

And this chapter, I feel a bit lacking rereading it. But, you need to meet the other EXO members, right? ^^ Their roles may come useful in the future. hehe Don' worry, I'm 3/4 done with the next chapter. So hopefully you all wont have to wait longer ^^ bbyong! :">

PS. subbies who are cube babies, I have a tiny surprise for you guys. A cameo on the next chapter *wink*wink* hehe