Two

I don't want an Idol Boyfriend

wow ! I got 9 subscribers already? /I know it's not much compared to some authors but..../ *HUGS YOU ALL* ^-^

teehee, I updated in less than 24 hours. Hehe. Hope you'd liked this chapter! Enjoy~ ^^

 

================

Chapter 2

It’s been a week since you were back in Korea. And still neither email nor message from Kris. The last message you received from him was almost 3 weeks ago, when he gave his congratulatory message for your university graduation. And you were almost sure that yesterday they were free of schedule. You sulkily flipped through the dresses’ rack in one of the clothes store in Apgujeong. You weren’t really in the mood for shopping. You missed Kris so badly, but you can’t even see him. You will really cry if you won’t see him even just once in this entire trip.

“Hey, this will look nice on you,” Yejin said, coming from the other side of the store. You didn’t even know why she’s insisting on buying new clothes for ‘tomorrow’s’ event. You looked at the short mini dress she was holding. It was a light pink sleeveless collared chiffon dress with a lose ribbon detail by the neckline.

“Yejin-ah! It’s too short and I don’t feel like exposing my arms!” You cried to her. Where are they going anyway, and why do they need to dress up?

“What?! It’s not too short. Fine! Then buy this soft gray blazer for cover ups.” Yejin threw you another piece of clothing.

“Yejin, it’s too short. Kris might get—“

“Kris won’t be there.” She said flatly. You sighed and went to fit them. It actually feels nice on your body. The dress feels so soft and silk like, and with the blazers on, you knew you won’t feel so cold and so revealing around the arms. But the length of the dress is a bit… Well, the hem was barely covering your bum. It falls just on top of the back of your thighs.

“Let me see?” Yejin knocked on the door.

“Perfect!” She exclaimed.

“It’s too short!” you whined, showing her your back side. You lace on the boy-cut underwear you’re wearing was already peeking.

“Ooops!” She smiled sheepishly, and went to get back a few more things for you. She threw you a pair of super short white shorts, and a pair of black stockings.

You raised an eyebrow at her. Since when did her taste in clothes became like this? But you got to admit, it looked pretty cute, and a bit y too.

“Okay! Now you’re perfect!” She smiled brightly at you, as if you were her masterpiece.

“Where are we even going, Yejin-ah,” you asked her for the nth time.

“Well, you see, a college friend who works in Wollim got us on the guest list on the company’s party tomorrow evening!” She squealed, jumping up and down in the middle of the street.

“Hey, calm down,” You muttered, dragging your overly excited friend to the side of the street.

“What?! But we’re not even employees. Are you sure we can just go there?” You asked. You didn’t want to get in trouble.

“Of course, it’s okay! He’s bringing us as his friends. Employees are encouraged to bring friends and whatnot.” She answered proudly. You were fine tagging along. But is this party going to be even fun?

“Okay, whatever you say Yejin.” You sighed and continued walking. You just can’t wait to meet Kris again. Are they that busy to even send her an sms?

“Okay, let’s go! I’ll introduce you to some of my friends!” Yejin dragged you to where you’re sure the opposite way from your hotel.

“Can’t we just go back and leave the shopping bags back to the hotel?” You asked. Yejin had insisted to buy so many clothes for her and you too, so you arms a bit sore now.

“We can’t! We might not make it on time!” She said. She looked seriously apologetic at you that you immediately felt bad for complaining so much.

“Kyaaah!” You heard her squealed as the taxi turned towards the corner, and you saw KBS’ huge building, with an insanely amount of fans lining up outside.

“Are we going to wait in the line out there too?” you asked, trying to tone down the bewilderedness in your voice.

“Of course not! My friend is one of the official Infinite fanclub staff, so she can give us special access to enter the building already.” Yejin told you proudly. You almost want to face palm your friend. She’s really a fangirl, isn’t she? Like a full time fangirl.

You didn’t have any choice but to follow your friend. You might as well count this as an experience. It’s not every day you can actually roam around KBS’ building and bump on to other idols. Maybe you can ask sign from them and give them to your friends who love KPOP back home.

“Oh oh! Kwon Seoyoon!” Yejin waved her arms frantically at the girl who has long beautiful hair, with a really small face. The girl named Seoyoon waved back.

“Oh my god Yejin! You’re here! I thought you’ll never come!” She said as the two jumped together at the KBS studio lobby.

“Ah right, this is my bestfriend,” Yejin introduced you to Seoyoon, who bowed and greeted you with the same enthusiasm she did with Yejin. “And this is Seoyoon, one of the official Inspirit staff.” The two girls giggled.

“Seoyoon became a staff recently, and she can already meet the oppas!” Yejin told you.

“Are you also a fan?” Seoyoon asked you, smiling brightly at you. You noticed how she has quite a similar fan girl smile with Yejin. Maybe it’s a requirement to smile like that. Like they need to always look overly excited and friendly towards every person they meet. Well, hey, it’s not so bad.

“Uh…”

“She’s more of an EXO fan,” Yejin answered for you, elbowing you slightly. “But she’s becoming interested over Infinite lately!”

“Ohhh!” Seoyoon clapped her hands together. “That’s good to know! Yejin here can educate you well enough about our boys!”

She led you both towards the audience area of the Music Bank studio. There aren’t a lot of people seated yet, mainly just staff from different fanclubs.

“You two can sit here,” Seoyoon led you towards the second most front row from the stage. It has a perfect view, and it’s also the spot where artists can clearly see their fans.

“You’re in luck today,” Seoyoon told you directly. “EXO will be performing in today’s episode. So did you come prepared?” She smiled expectantly at you?

Prepared? Oh my gosh, you thought. You didn’t come prepared at all. So you’ll finally get to see Kris again? See him perform live? You could cry in tears right now.

Seoyoon was actually asking if you’ve brought gifts or lightsticks or even fan merchandise to raise and support EXO. But of course you didn’t know any of that.

“She’s just too happy, she’s been overseas for the past 4 years,” Yejin whispered to Seoyoon, who were watching you almost teary eyed, lost in your own thoughts. Seoyoon only laughed and gave you a pat on the back.

“Well, you guys enjoy the show. I must go backstage now. In half an hour, the artists will start rehearsing their stages. I’m just not quite sure the line up, but I heard EXO members, both M and K are here already.” Seoyoon said. You looked up at her, and she almost laughed at your expression. She knew how much you were thankful already.

“Enjoy you guys,”

~

Kris was seated quietly in the dressing room, with his eyes closed, and the earphones blocking his ears. Their stylist noona was perfecting his make and hair for today’s stage. The other members were making loud ruckus, but he didn’t really mind them. Last night, he received another unknown number on his mobile phone. If this goes on, he’ll really have to change his number soon.

He’s a bit pissed that someone is pretending to be you to get his attention. He knew that you’ll be coming to Korea, but he didn’t exactly get to ask you when exactly. And now that unknown message was asking him where he is and where they can meet.

“Tss. Sasaeng fans,” He muttered moodily.

“Hmm? What is it, Kris?” The stylist noona asked him, looking at him.

“Ah, nothing.” He pulled on a tight smile. He sighed. He’s been so tired, and for the past week, he didn’t even have enough time to breathe. All they did was practice, go to a schedule, practice, eat, practice, go to the gym, sleep and the routine goes on and on. Their free day was bull. The managers made them hit the gym. He was so exhausted he feels like he’ll faint anytime soon. He thought after they’d debut, their lives would become easier. But he was wrong. Sure the girls are all around, throwing themselves at them, but it’s still not enough to ease his stress and frustrations.

“EXO, you’re up next for rehearsals,” The PD knocked on their waiting room.

He let out another sigh, before pulling himself to his feet.

~

You were getting a bit bored with all the groups rehearsing; you just can’t wait for EXO to show up on stage. You were hoping that Kris would see you, and would finally acknowledge that you were here.

Finally, when you heard the PD called out their group name, you perched up slightly on your seat. And there he was. You felt like your heart was going to pop out of your chest. He looks so handsome, and tall, and well, he looks like your Kris. You did notice that he looks exhausted and lost a lot of weight. But nonetheless, he still looks good to you.

“Okay, first cut,”

HISTORY started playing on the background. They danced and sing to it with their whole heart, but it doesn’t seem enough for the PD. He made them rehearse at least 5 times, before they were finally let off the stage. You grew a bit disappointed that Kris never once looked towards the audience. It’s like he had blocked out everyone in his eyes, he only focuses on what he was doing and supposed to do.

“Yejin-ah, do you think we can also get backstage later?” You whispered to your friend.

“I’m not sure if they will let us, but I can try asking Seoyoon.” She said, you wanted to talk to her more, but she hushed you as it was now Infinite’s turn to rehearse.

You tried watching them, for Yejin’s sake. You admit that they’re equally good looking boys, but you just can’t concentrate. That weird, lost look on Kris’ eyes. You’ve never seen that before. And you can’t help feeling worried about him.

“Yejin-ah. I’ll just go to the ladies room,” You told her, her eyes was still on stage, but she shoved an ID towards your hand. Once in the lighted area, you noticed it’s a special pass, to let people inside know that you’re allowed to be in the area.

You quickly make your trip towards the ladies room. You looked around the empty hallway. You were pretty sure this was the same way EXO made after their rehearsal. You weren’t used to sneaking and making troubles, but right now, you’d do anything just to see and talk to Kris.

You carefully walked towards the end of the hallway and turned to the right. You heard a few stylist assistants chatting with each other, but none of them paid you any attention. Just when you turn towards the other corner, your face hit a sharply ornamented chest.

“Oomph!” You felt a sharp spiked and buttons smashed with your cheeks. They weren’t sharp enough to cut your skin, but still, they hurt a little.

“Hey!”

You almost fell on your back, but someone else grabbed your arm.

“Don’t scare her, hyung!” Someone said. You peered up, and gasped. Two pairs of gorgeous eyes were looking straight down at you. They looked familiar. But you just couldn’t remember.

“Where are you going?” The gentler one asked you. He has a kind face, bigger eyes than the first one. But you could tell he also has this play boy aura that you try to avoid all your life. Kris once told you to the types of boys you should avoid.

“I-I..”

“Are you a fan?” The one who you bumped with ask. He’s got a bit of intimidating tone, but you knew better than to flinch. It’s not like you’re doing something wrong.

“No. I was just lost—“

“You’re not a fan. You can’t be a stylist, nor a crew either if you get lost in the studio. So you must be lying.” He continued to cut you off. Your jaw dropped at his rudeness. Sure you’re not supposed to be there, but was it really necessary to be rude?!

“Hyung!” The one who broke your fall scolded the other one slightly.

“Whatever, Woohyun. She could be a sasaeng fan. I’m gonna ask the security to take her out.” The mean one said, as he fished out a mobile phone from his pocket.

Your instinct told you to just go and go back to Yejin to avoid more troubles and scene, but when you took a step, the guy who had his mobile phone pressed on his ears gripped your forearm so tight that you’re pretty sure it’ll leave a bruise.

“Hey! Let me go!” You protested and tried to pull your arm away, but his grip tightens. What’s his problem anyway?! Did he honestly think you’re a sasaeng fan?! You didn’t even know them!

“Sunggyu hyung!” the one called Woohyun raised his voice and gripped the one called Sunggyu’s wrist. You winced in pain. Instead of fear and worry, you felt beyond angry at this guy.

You noticed there are a group of people about to come your way, but you’re too annoyed to notice who they are. All you can think of is the more people, the bigger the trouble and scene it may get. They might think you’re a sasaeng fan too.  You wanted to scream at Sunggyu, but really, would it save you? No.

“Let me go!” You cried when you heard Sunggyu started talking towards his phone. A group of guys in black stage outfits that deemed familiar as well passed you, Sunggyu and Woohyun by. Some didn’t even dare look at you three, while the others were peering curiously at what’s happening, while the others seemed to think that you’re a sasaeng fan as well.

“I’m not your fan! Definitely not a sasaeng fan too! And most of all, I don’t even know who you are!” You yelled, finally bursting. Sunggyu glared at you, obviously stunned at your outburst. He didn’t know whether what pissed him more, whether you may or may not be really a sasaeng fan or the fact that you didn’t know them despite them working hard to be known all over the country.

~

Kris can hear his younger members murmuring. A few feet away from them, they saw Woohyun and Sunggyu, both from Infinite huddled in the corner. Sunggyu seems to be glaring at someone, who seemed to be in the center of their huddle.

Kris, as well as other artists, has known better than to mind other idols’ businesses. It would do them and their group harm, and unnecessary stress. So he looked back at his dongsaengs and gave them a sign not to pry on Infinite’s business. He was fumbling with his earphones, as they passed the two Infinite members. They seemed to catch a fan snooping around the studio.

Kris snorted. The things fans would do these days. But as he was about to put on his earphone, he heard a familiar voice.

“I’m not your fan! Definitely not a sasaeng fan! And most of all, I don’t even know who you are!”

He stopped dead on his tracks, making the other members bumped on to his back.

“Hyung! What are you doing?!” Chen asked, his and the other members’ eyes widened as their leader started approaching Sunggyu and Woohyun. They thought he said not to mind other idols’ businesses! The last thing they all want is to have personal fights with other idols.

Kris didn’t even listen to the other members’ hushed protest. Sunggyu’s back was facing him, and he still couldn’t see the owner of that very much familiar voice. But as he moved closer, easily towering Sunggyu and Woohyun, he took a sharp intake of breath.

“K-Kris!”