Three

I don't want an Idol Boyfriend

OMG! Thank you subbies ^^ If it's not much, I wish you guys would comment and such, I'd love to hear what your thoughts are ^^

Anyway, please pardon my grammar XD Half proofread again ><

------

Chapter 3

You and Sunggyu continued your glaring game, until you noticed someone at his back towering him. He has the same frowning face, but not angry; more like confused.

“K-Kris!” you gasped. Both Woohyun and Sunggyu turned towards where you were looking at. Sunggyu stepped back from you, making you breathe a little. You noticed the other EXO members in black stage clothes bowed at Sunggyu and Woohyun, who only both nodded at them.

You rolled your eyes. Talk about rude.

“What are you doing here?” Kris asked directly at you. You heard Sunggyu snorted, and you’re almost quite sure that he’ll tell Kris the same accusations he gave you.

“Is there something wrong here?” His voice suddenly turned hard when he saw Sunggyu gripping your arm tightly.

Just then, 2 men jogged to your now little group. One man looked like he was in his late 20’s, while the other was obviously a security man. Panic started rising up your throat. Sunggyu can’t be serious, right? Why can’t he just let you go without making a scene?

“Hey,” The younger man said.

“Is this her?” The security pointed at you, and was ready to get you too.

“Hey!” On reflex, Kris took protectively draped an arm over your chest, when the security tried grabbing you.

“She’s a sasaeng—“

“I’m not!” You suddenly remembered the ID pass that Yejin handed you, but before you could even fish them out of your pocket, Kris beat you to it.

“She’s not a sasaeng fan. She’s with me.” He said sternly.

Woohyun almost immediately turned to Kris apologetically, while Sunggyu doesn’t seem to believe him and continued glaring at you. The man with the security looked distressed at the four of you.

“Well, are you sure?” The security asked Kris.

“I know her. She’s my—“

You held your breath, you didn’t noticed Kris’ hesitance a little too.

“.. my cousin. I brought her with me to the waiting room today. My manager knows about her. You can even check it with him.” He said without flinching a bit.

You saw the man and the security guy pressed their lips tightly with a reprimanding look at Sunggyu.

“I’m sorry, Kris. It must have been a misunderstanding,” The man said, bowing deeper to the leader.

“It’s no problem,” Kris said in gritted teeth, but glared at Sunggyu. He obviously didn’t like seeing you being manhandled by other guys. And the fact that you seemed to be in pain because of how Sunggyu seemed to be gripping on you.

“Let’s go.” Kris tugged your arm gently, but firmly, showing Infinite and their manager that you’re really his.

You let Kris led you quietly, along with the now nervous and curious members behind. You didn’t know whether you felt relieved by being saved by him, or would you prefer being kicked out of the studio and save yourself from the embarrassment in front of Kris and s. At least you wouldn’t be labelled as his cousin.

‘Get a grip,’ you scolded yourself quietly. ‘What do you expect, tell everyone in the hallway what you’re his girlfriend?’

Being in the shadows during the last four years in his life wasn’t seemed to be a problem when you were abroad. But now, you’re not so sure how to feel being his cousin to everyone.

“Are you okay?” He asked you gently, glancing down at you. You nodded. You were still a bit baffled at that Sunggyu’s rudeness and everything that has happened.

“You guys go ahead, and please tell manager hyung that I just need to talk to my cousin for a bit.” He told the other members, as they said they’d relay his message. You slightly winced at the word cousin.

Kris chose an empty dressing room, and pushed the both of you inside.

This wasn’t what you expected. How many times did you imagine yourself leaping in Kris arms the first time you’d see each other in 4 years? With him laughing, and kissing you with so much love and need; with him hugging you tightly until you can barely breathe, telling you how much he missed you, and how much he’s not willing to let you go again.

But no.

“Why are you here?” He asked again, this time with much gentleness unlike the tone he had used in front of Sunggyu and Woohyun.

“I…”

“Did you come alone?” He urged, not really waiting for your answer.

“I went with Yejin,” You answered quickly, not wanting to be cut off again. Kris knew you hate being cut off while talking. You just thought it was unethical to cut someone off while the other is talking.

“Oh,” He seemed to be a little surprised too. Well, did he expect you to go around Seoul alone?

“She wanted to see Infinite. She likes them. I kinda got a little bored, so I looked around.” You told him. You then fished out the passes behind your jeans pocket.

He raised his eyebrows. How ironic that your bestfriend likes the group who just harassed you? But he nodded in understanding.

“You should go back then. I’ll see you around later, okay?” He smiled gently down at you, while he caressed your face. You knew that he’s dismissing you already, but ….why so soon? Without even a hug? Or a kiss? Or even the words that you’ve anticipated so much from him, the mere ‘I missed you’? Nothing?

“O-okay. I guess.” You said, looking away from him. You didn’t want him to see how much you’re hurting right now.

He was about to you back to the same hallways you went to, when you just had to ask.

“Did you… did you at least read my emails and messages?” You asked, making him stopped in tracks. He turned to you slowly.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t have time to check my emails. We’ve been very busy,” He answered with the same gently tone he’d always use with you, only with less skinship. Cousins don’t do so much skinship.

“Well,” You felt your voice faltered. You told him you’d go to Korea. Did he not even know that? “I sent you SMS using Yejin’s phone. Did you not read them too?” 

Kris gasped inside a little. He saw that pained look in your eyes. Although you never said anything, but he knew that he’s being an , and whether on purpose or not, he just failed to reply to any of your emails and messages. He read them all right, but he either forgot to reply back, or he’s just too tired to do so. As for the SMS, well, he thought they’re from sasaeng fans.

“I changed my number,” he lied. “Tell you what, I’ll get the number you’re using, and I’ll text you, okay?” This time, he risked caressing your both cheeks with his palms. It’s a good thing that there are not much people in the hallway, because from one’s eyes, his action screams ‘This is my girlfriend, so off.’

“O-okay,” You breathed, not meeting his eyes again. Your mind tells you that he won’t be able to send you an sms after that encounter. If he couldn’t even read nor remember to reply your emails, how would he remember to send you an SMS?

‘No,’ you battled it out with your mind. ‘He’s keeping his promise. He said he still loves me no matter what. And he still does. That only proves he’s still and will still keep his promises.’

Kris knew you inside and out. And right now, he can totally see you battling with your mind.

‘Heck, whatever,’ he sighed and pulled you in his arms, just to erase that pained and disappointed look in your eyes. He breathed in that very familiar scent he had always loved. He missed your soft and petite features enveloped with his lean body. He heard you squeaked a gasp, totally unprepared by his sudden skinship.

“I missed you. More than you ever know,” He whispered to you, kissing the top of your head.

“Kris, don’t.” You gently, but with much struggle, pushed him away. He laughed at your actions.

“Why, because cousins don’t do these things?” He joked. You pouted sadly at him. He immediately regretted teasing you. He didn’t realize in the beginning that you’d feel hurt by his little white lie.

“Hey, I’m sorry. You knew why I said those, right?” He said, hugging you by the shoulders, as you continued walking towards the main studio. You nodded. You were just a little overwhelmed by everything.

“And who were those guys! They’re obnoxious!” You ranted. Kris frowned in concerned. “Did Woohyun said something too?”

You thought for a while. That Woohyun guy wasn’t really that bad.

“Well, no. Woohyun kinda just tried stopping that obnoxious no-eyed Sunggyu.” You puffed your cheeks in annoyance. Kris laughed at your actions. He definitely missed you. You and your cute ways especially when you’re most pissed. You weren’t even trying to be cute, but it would just come out naturally.

“No-eyed Sunggyu, huh?” He snorted. “Well, they’re from Infinite. Sunggyu is the leader. Woohyun is their main vocal.”

“They’re from Infinite!?” You were flabbergasted! They’re the ones that Yejin likes?!

“I’m surprised Yejin didn’t tell you about it? Since you said she likes them.”

You whistled a low one. “No wonder Sunggyu’s name sounded so familiar on the tongue.”

Kris nodded. He’d definitely need to look out for Sunggyu again. It’s the first time he feels much dislike towards another idol. And it’s not even rivalry in rankings, but the way he was so rude towards you.

“I can only walk you until here,” Kris said apologetically as he let your shoulders go.

“It’s okay! It was nice seeing you again. I missed you, y’know.” You told him, blushing a little. You waved a little at him before turning to go. You tried telling your heart not to hope too much, since they’re so busy and such, but then you felt a grip stopped you again.

“Tell you what, why don’t you wait for me until the end of the show. Is that okay?” Kris asked shyly, slowly intertwining your fingers together before pressing his soft lips over your cold knuckles.

“O-okay. I’ll see you later.” You said. Until now, the way Kris makes the butterflies in your stomach flutter, and the way he still makes your heart races was as raw as the first time he said he likes you.

Can you really date an idol like him?