Away from you

The Interview

 

Chaerin's POV

 

I open the door pretending I didn’t hear their conversation. I’m still thinking how I can ask her to be my girl. But how can I do that if she’s still not talking to me and keeps on ignoring me. As Dara saw me coming she immediately look at Minzy pretending she didn’t see me coming.

 

“hey.. baby Minkki.. you want me to sleep with you tonight?” What? Dara will sleep with her? But why? She loves me right? Why she doesn’t like to sleep beside me and choose to sleep with Minzy. What’s going on? Is she trying to like Minzy like what Minzy told her and forget about me? This is wrong.. this is not good. But what can I do? I don’t have the right to stop her.

 

“really unnie? You like to sleep with me?” Minzy said confirming what Dara told her. She’s excited. I’m hurt. I want to cry. I want to scream. Dara why are you doing this to me? Why?

 

“Minzy… can you please go first to your room. Dara and I will talk first.” I said. She’s frowning. Her excitement turns into… irritation.. she’s irritated with me .. Minzy you should remember I am the one she loves not you don’t act like that.

 

“ok…Dara unnie I’ll wait for you ok?” Minzy look at Dara before she left our room.

 

I turn to talk to Dara. She’s sitting at the edge of our bed. Our bed… which supposed to be where she will sleep tonight but she choose not to..

 

“what’s your problem Dara!!!”

 

“nothing”

 

“Nothing???!!! Why you keep on ignoring me!!! Why you need to sleep in Minzy’s room! Why you don’t like to talk to me?! Why you’re acting like this!! Why Dara!!!” I yelled at her. I can’t take it anymore. I need to know why she’s like this to me.

 

“Are you done? I’ll have to go.” She said coldly.

 

“Done?! You don’t even answer my questions. We’re not yet done!” Dara stood up and walks away. Dara.. why you’re doing this to me? why? Is it because you think I like Teddy? Why you need to hurt me like this? I like you. I love you. I need you. Please don’t treat me like this. Now I’m all alone in our room.

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

I’m sorry Chaerin. I just don’t know how to handle this stupid jealousy I have. I also don’t know why I ask you if you still like him… it’s too obvious you like him until now.. you really like him… and it’s killing me inside. I love you Lee chaerin.. I really do. I decided to sleep in Minzy’s room coz I want to calm down myself.. I want to ease this pain… but I know deep inside of me.. You’re the only one who can ease the pain I have right now. I need time to be alone… I have to learn how to control my feelings for you.

 

“unnie… are you sure you want to stay here with me?”

 

“of course.. why you don’t like me to sleep here? Am I disturbing you?” I’m starting to walk towards the door but Minzy grab my wrist.

 

“no..! no.. unnie.. I want to sleep with you tonight.. Even only tonight.. coz… I know sooner or later… this won’t happen again.” she said while looking at me. I can see her sadness in her eyes.

 

“minkki.. Don’t think like that.. As I said you will always be my baby sister. And we can sleep together sometimes..” I smile at her. I lean forward and kiss her in her forehead.. But not the way I kiss Chaerin.

 

We decided to watch a comedy movie. I requested it. I don’t like romantic movies.. coz I always watch romantic movies with Chaerin when where alone.. it’s like a movie date.. for me.

 

The movie is already started. I’m eating popcorn. Suddenly.. Minzy put her arms around me. She push my head a little to lean on her shoulder. She also feed me with popcorn. I just let her on what she’s doing.. this is the least I can do for her. I know I hurt her so much. I can’t give her what she wants. I don’t like to play with her feelings. Sorry Minzy.. but I really love our leader.

 

 I miss her already.. What is she doing right now? Did she take her bath already? oohh my.. She’s too lazy to fill the tub with warm water.. I hope she’s not taking her bath with cold water. Also did she know where did I put her favorite pajamas? It’s already time to take her vitamins. Did she take it already? That baby… sometimes I think I spoil her too much but I like it.. I like doing things that can express my love for her even in a simple way. Now I’m worried. I always feel she’s my baby and I need to take care of her. but now I’m not with her but I’m in others arms. How I wish Chaerin is in Minzy’s position now.

 

“unnie??” she said. I guess she notice that I’m spacing out.

 

“hmm?”

 

“can you hug me when we sleep?” I’m shocked with what she’s asking me.

 

“hmm.. ok .. if that’s what you want..” I hope my hug will reduce the pain I’ve given to you.

 

After we watch the movie we lay down on her bed. Her head is lying in my arms. She’s facing me right now, looking into my eyes deeply.  I look at her also.

 

“minkki.. You should sleep now. It’s pretty late. We have interview tomorrow” I said and smile at her while hugging her. She hugs me back. She buried her face in my chest.

 

“unnie.. Thank you.. Thank you for sleeping with me tonight. Thank you for letting me hug you. Thank you for being nice to me even you know that I love you more than a sister.. You didn’t avoid me. You didn’t get mad at me.. you…”

 

“ssshhh… stop it… I’m the one who should be thankful.. thank you for loving me even you know I can’t love you back. I’ll be your unnie whatever happens. I’m just here for you if you need me. I won’t go away. I’ll be here always for you. now we should go to sleep. I don’t like to have big black circles around my eyes tomorrow.”

 

“ok.. good night unnie” she said and then she kissed me in my cheeks.

 

“good night minkki”

 

 

Hours have been passed but I can’t sleep. Minzy is sleeping soundly in my arms still hugging me. My mind is with Chaerin. I’m thinking if she’s already sleeping. Is she ok? This is the first time I even don’t say good night to her. I’m worried. I want to sleep but I can’t.. I can’t until I’m sure she’s fine..

 

 I slowly remove Minzy’s hand in my waist trying not to wake her up. I also lifted her head slowly. I put a pillow beside her and put her arms in the pillow. I stand up and put the blanket properly in her body.

 

Before I leave her room I look at her to check if she’s fine. She’s sleeping deeply. I walk towards our room. I open the door slowly. I walk straightly to our bed. I see Chaerin lying on our bed without blanket. I grab the blanket and put it in her. She’s not wearing her pajamas.. she even didn’t change her clothes. Ahh! This little baby.. If I’m not around her she’s always like this. I guess she didn’t also take her vitamins. Chaerin… Chaerin.. I’m just a door away and I just left you for hours but look at you now.. My God.. Sometimes I feel like you do it purposely.. So I can pamper you. You seem like you have so much fun treating me you like a baby… and I have so much fun doing it for you.

 

I take a sit at the edge of the bed where Chaerin is facing. I caress her hair.

 

“You know what Chaerin? It’s only hours that I’m not with you but I feel like it’s been years. I can’t sleep thinking about you. While I’m with Minzy my mind is in yours. Now.. seeing you in front of me makes feel better. I may be crazy but I missed you so much. While I’m away from you my heart is aching. Now that I’m here my heart is full of joy. You don’t know how much you mean to me. You don’t know what I’m feeling right now.” I said while her face. I know I’m smiling like a fool right now. I’m talking to her as if she hears me and talking to me… yes .. I’m saying it while she’s sleeping. Coz I know I can’t say this words when she’s awake.

 

 “good night my baby rin.. I love you.” I said and kiss her in her cheeks. I was about to stand up when suddenly I felt hands in my wrist. I look at her. She’s awake. I thought she’s sleeping. I’m shocked I don’t know what to do. Did she hear what I’m saying a while ago? She’s now looking at me. I feel like my blood just run away from me and my heart is bouncing all around my body.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

am i still on the track? i feel like my story is taking another way.. by the way thank you for your comments . please enjoy this chapter.