Bandaid

Even If It Hurts

Taeyeon's POV.

 

I didn't really expect what happened next. Hongki kind of... fainted? Yea, he fainted in front of me. Due to my clumsiness, I didn't know whether to even try to catch him. Who knows how heavy he can be!

I pulled Oppa across the floor, barely managing to get him on the couch where he stayed silently. He was unconscious alright.

I ran to the bathroom and soaked a face towel. I ran back to Hongki's side and dabbed the moist towel on his forehead softly. He'd groan occassionally. Unfortunately, he stayed like that the rest of the night, so I was left in my lonesome with nothing but an unconscious boy and a grumbling stomach. It's not the best way to end your day.

It came to the point where I was so bored that I tried talking to Hongki. Wow, I'm a lost cause.

"Oppa," I whispered. "Komawo for the bracelet. It's beautiful."

Hongki sighed in his sleep. Locks of his blond hair slipped in front of his face.

I pushed the strays away gently. "You really are handsome." I admitted out loud.

"Jinja?"

"YAH!" I fell back. My heart practically threw itself out of my chest. He was awake that entire time?! "You! You were--"

"Pretending to be asleep?" Hongki smirked.

I smacked his arm. "You jerk!"

"Yes, I am! And according to you, I'm a handsome jerk." He winked.

I huffed, then stood up. I turned my back to him. "Jerk."

"Mianheyo, Taeyeon-ah." I felt his hands on my shoulders. He turned me around. "Is it really you?"

I looked down at my shoes. "Neh."

Before I knew it, I was being hugged by Hongki. He squeezed really tight, I could barely breathe.

"Yah! You're suffocating me!"

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" He pulled away. "But--how did this happen?"

"I dunno." I shrugged. "One second I'm a mannequin, all stiff and what not, the next second I'm stumbling on the floor with rug burn." I pointed to my knee.

"Ouch. We should put a bandaid on that." Hongki grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bathroom. He took out the box of bandaids. "Sit on there." He pointed to the toilet.

"Waeyo?"

"So I can put the bandaid on you..?" He laughed.

"Oh." I sat down, quite embarrassed.

Ever so gently, Hongki placed the bandaid over my wound and smoothed it over.

"That's better." He smiled to himself. "Whenever you get hurt, just tell me. I'll fix it."