Hopeful

Even If It Hurts

"Yah, MungTaeng! You need to go inside sooner or later!" Yuri pushed Taeyeon up the stairs. It was practically dinner time, and Yuri simply couldn't take care of Taeyeon the entire day.

"I'm not that dumb!" Taeyeon persisted. "Can't I just sleep on a bench or something?" She pleaded.

"Anya!" Yuri gave one last final shove.

Taeyeon's unfortunately short legs gave way, sending her tumbling to the doormat in front of Hongki's apartment. "Yuri-ah! Waeyo?!" She glared.

Yuri grinned. "Anyeong, Taeyeon Unnie!" She hushed herself. "Good luck!" She whispered.

 

Taeyeon stared at the door that seemed so giant to her. She lifted up her arm a couple of times, debating on whether or not to knock.

If he's your best friend, he'll open the door for you.

Taeyeon shook her head. That can't always be true. Hongki doesn't even know what happened to her yet. He just thinks that she got stolen.

Before Taeyeon could comprehend what was happening, the door swung open.

Hongki stood before her, that same worried look painted all over her face.

"Neol..." Hongki examined his visitor. "Come to return my mannequin?"

"Eh?" Taeyeon blinked. "Bwoh?"

"My mannequin--" Hongki grabbed Taeyeon's wrist very roughly. "My mannequin had this exact same bracelet on."

"A-Anya, Hongki-sshi." Taeyeon stuttered.

"How do you know my name?"

"Ch-Choneun... Choneun..." Taeyeon didn't know what to say. "Choneun..."

"Well?" Hongki was impatient. "You are what?"

"I am your mannequin." Taeyeon spoke so faintly, but Hongki heard it all the same.

He scoffed, "Liar."

"Anya! Look!" She showed him the bracelet again.

"That proves nothing." Hongki rolled his eyes.

Taeyeon gritted her teeth in frustration over how ignorant Hongki was being.

"If you're done wasting my time, I need to--"

"You said you love me, and where did you leave, abandoning me? My two hands that you held and our promise, how could you leave throwing me away and breaking it?"  Taeyeon sang softly.

Hongki stayed in his placed. He just listened to this stranger.

Taeyeon continued, "This must be a dream, this must be a dream. This must be a dream, don't fool me. I hate how I'm left alone..."  She took a deep breath, but Hongki cut her off.

"W-where did you hear that song?" Hongki choked out.

"You sang it to me yesterday, Hongki-sshi." She whispered. "You said it was quite depressing, but very hopeful."

Hongki stood in awe as this stranger quoted his exact words. He stepped forward, placing his hand on the girl's face. He it softly, examining her eyes, her cheeks, her nose.

His lower lip quivered, "T-Taeyeon-ah?"

Taeyeon nodded slowly, a tear at the corner of each of her eyes. "Neh. Anyeong, Oppa."