College Life

Even If It Hurts

Most young adults would consider college life terrible, a speed bump in one's career. Hongki embraced it. He loved the school he attended for it was one that specialized in music. He planned to major in piano or guitar by the time he graduated.

Hongki had many friends at this school, many of which asked Hongki to be their roommate outside of class. He refused all offers, constantly insisting that living alone was the only way of living that he saw fit.

"Oppa, can you help me with this new sheet music?"

There was only one thing that bothered Hongki about college life: the crushes. Not the ones that he has--he never crushes on anyone to be quite honest--it's those who crush on him.

This particular girl, very pretty but with a head filled with nonsense, insisted on calling Hongki "Oppa" regardless of their relationship. Hongki just ignored it after the first month of class. Her name is Ahn JiMin.

"Not now, JiMin-ah, I'm busy." Hongki looked down at his own lyrics with his fairly large black framed glasses hanging at the edge of his nose.

"Oppa.." JiMin whined. "Not even for me?"

Hongki rolled his eyes. JiMin was too full of herself.

"At least look at me!" She pouted.

Hongki sighed in defeat. He turn over to her only to have her hand shoved in his face.

"Oppa, I got this for you!" JiMin squealed as she held a small charm bracelet just below Hongki's frame. "You like it?"

"Oh," Hongki took his gift and smiled weakly. "Kansamnida, JiMin-ah."

"No need to be formal." She smiled. "Wear it well, Oppa!" JiMin skipped away, leaving Hongki with the bracelet and his lyrics.

Hongki smirked. He didn't see why JiMin made such an effort to make him like her.

"Taeyeon-ah would like this." He chuckled.