I'm Home!

Even If It Hurts

"Anyeong!" Hongki fumbled with the lock on his door.

With Chinese take-out in hand, Hongki held out his gift to Taeyeon. He smiled, picturing that he'd find a hint of a smile in his silent companion.

"Taeyeon-ah, I have a gift for you."

Hongki ran to Taeyeon, leaving his dinner at the door.

"Ah, but you won't get it until after dinner." He teased.

The mannequin stood still.

"But don't be upset!" Hongki showed sympathy. "I think you'll like it." A bit of a pout found its way to his lips. "JiMin gave it to me."

He scoffed.

"I don't think she understands anything..."

Hongki sunk into his couch with his verbal thoughts.

"This kind of gift--I do like it--but I just can't wear it. Wearing jewelry as a gift, you have to have a special bond with the person that gave it to you." He turned to Taeyeon. "I have no bond with her. She may want there to be a bond, but with her, I have none."

Hongki slipped the bracelet into his pocket. "But you, Taeyeon? What do you think? Am I thinking too into this gift? Should I give her a chance?"

As if she replied, Hongki's face lit up. "No. You're right. I shouldn't. I'd be giving in. That's why I want you to have it." He beamed. "You're my faithful companion."

Taeyeon stayed still. Her blank eyes stared at the floor beneath Hongki's feet.

Hongki grabbed Taeyeon's stiff hand. "What would you do if you could hear me?" He laughed. "I'd be embarassed to death, I think... You know everything about me."

He stood up. "I better eat. Mom always told me that I'm too thin."