A Date?

Blooming For Her Flower

                         

 

I sipped my Caramel Latte as I waited for Ga In's arrival. I was told to stand outside my house at approximately 8:30 and here i was, standing here up until 9:15. My patience was as always very thin so I didn't fail to puff out air as dramatically as I could. It was quite chilly out today. I snuggled into my purple shawl and dug my hands into the pockets of my buttoned up beige jacket. My face softened a bit when I saw our agent's van roll around the corner. 

It was when I stepped into the vehicle that I noticed it was only the driver, Ga In and me. Ga In dressed herself in cozy cuddly attire, a buttoned up jacket sort of like mine but way more expensive, colored in a lipstick red and a black scarf that circled around her neck and dangled loosely. Her pants fit around her tiny ankles. Her hair seemed to be natural waves and I found myself shivering in discomfort. 

Where is everyone else?" I said a little too sternly, also deciding to let go the matter that she was super late. I huddled into my jacket and watched her lips curve into a smile. She was reading a widely known magazine called Seoulstar and only now looked up to meet my eyes. Her expression was warm and it only led to more discomfort than before. 

"They couldn't make it. Looks like it's just you and me today," she smiled even bigger, "I hope you enjoy scary movies. I want to go see the new paranormal activity movie that's out. Then we'll go eat something. Then I'll let you decide." I nodded nonchalantly and then realized what all this meant. I'm going to go see a scary movie with Ga In. I'm going to dinner with only Ga In. I bit my lip and tried to make sense of my feelings toward this. I felt a hand touch my wrist and I flinched. Ga In was looking at me with a pinch of concern in her eyes. 

"Should we do something else instead?" I shook my head quickly and prayed she would let go. Thankfully she did the same the time van halted. With adrenaline rushing through me, I pushed open the door and jumped out, collecting my dignity and taking a deep breath. I slapped my cheeks softly and shortly after felt a soft hand on my waist. 

"Are you alright? You're acting strange today." I turned around to see Ga In standing behind me. If she were to stand any closer her weight would press against me and that, that I couldn't handle. I wouldn't. 

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I swallowed my anxiety and displayed my dimples, curving my lips into a sweet upward smile. To be truthful, I didn't exactly know how to feel about spending my day with this girl. She wasn't just a girl- this woman. Millions would die to be standing in a 30 feet radius of distance from her. She was charming, but I thought everyone was charming one way or another. 

Me and Ga In stood before the famous Theater that Seoul granted us with. There was one whole theater in Seoul, and it was legit titled The Seoul Theater. How classic, I'd thought to myself. Ga In waited as her Secretary, Yung Min, took care of the expenses. I wasn't surprised to find the place empty when we entered; it was common for Idols to not reserve just the theater room, but in fact the whole building. You may call it selfish, but really they're just looking out for themselves. Right, selfish it was. 

A frail young girl stood behind the snack bar and hid her smile and muffled her squeals when she saw us. I nodded to her and looked around nonchalantly.

"I have been expecting you two-Miss. And-" the girl looked puzzlingly towards me. I waved her off. 

"Ha Ni." She smiled and sent me her apologies but they weren't needed. After all, I was just the back-up dancer.

"Can I have a lifewater" Ga In smiled towards the worker that might have swept her off her feet more than Ga In already had. When she said nothing more, I cleared my throat. 

"And Nachos." Ga In shot me a disapprovingly look. 

"She's joking" she laughed half-heartedly. 

"I'm not actually" I tapped my nails on the booth and waited. The girl looked so confused it must have hurt. Ga In pulled me to her and whispered in my ear, breathing onto me. 

"You know you have to watch your weight Ha Ni. Don't make this difficult."

"You smell like strawberries" I turned my face to meet her gaze but my eyes slipped accidentally down to her lips, coated in a light soft pink that must have been the source of the smell. Ga In didn't pull away. We stood there for a moment and I seemed to have lost my way of breathing. I then realized the girl was still standing there, and I pulled away so suddenly I might have lost my balance. Ga In looked back up at the poor girl and smiled. 

"So..." the girl started.

"No Nachos thanks" I said quickly. The worker nodded and went to the back to fetch Ga In's Life Water. I fidgeted with my fingers and stood there impatiently. When I happened to sneak a look at Ga In, she was already two steps ahead of me, staring me down with an unreadable expression. I began to feel tense. 

 

~

It'd been an hour into the movie and I felt myself drifting off. The first two Paranormal Activity creations were completely horrible, but Ga In was a er for these movies. It was especially the corny teen scares that left Ga In awake at nights, or so she says. Every time I think of it I laugh to myself, including now, as Ga In curled up in a ball while watching the movie. I sat to her right and found that it was much more entertaining watching her than the horrible movie. Sometimes, Ga-In would turn her fixed eyes to me and I'd have to use reckless excuses as to why I wasn't watching the movie.

"Yah, what are you doing?" She asked annoyingly for the fifth time. Yes, I was counting.


"Watching the movie" I stated simply. 

"You're looking right at me."

"I know" I managed to say coolly. Ga In continued to look at me, this time having no response in play. It was dark, and I would be fabricating the facts if I said I didn't guiltily think of the things I wanted to do to her. I wanted to be close to her, closer than I was now. I was pretty close, though. All I would have had to do was inch my finger to the right, and it would be on top of hers. But what would she do? How would she react? Would things still be the same as they were earlier today? Or now?

"I'm going to go get some popcorn" I said quickly. And before Ga In could part those beautiful- no, those just plain lips of hers, i mean- I started up quickly and rushed past her, taking even quicker steps down from the rows of seats. I could feel Ga In watching me, or maybe that was just another fantasy- and a taboo.