You're An Idiot

Blooming For Her Flower

I changed into something more comfortable after the performance and sat in Ga In's dressing room with the girls as they celebrated our success. It was a difficult decision tonight but we ended up winning Inkigayo. A red velvet icing mounted cake was shipped off to Ga In's room so here we were eating to our hearts content. Well they were. 

I hadn't known Ga In's full intentions that night when she'd "guided" me with her hands. I did surprisingly well out on the floor and Ga In let me know this by sneaking glances at me and giving me her winning smile. Towards the end of the song, Ga In had danced her way towards me. I was confused but kept with the moves I was assigned to. Next thing I know, to even Yoosung and Nami's surprise, Ga In tip toed behind me and gave the fans something they'd went crazy over. Fans were screaming and cheering when Ga In laid her y moves on me, dancing in sync with my steps and laying her head on my shoulder while petting my hair as the song ended. Later when I'd asked her about it, she said it was something called "fan service." Like I didn't know what that was. But me? She couldn't just pull a guy out onto stage? Luckily I hadn't caught myself off guard though it was truly difficult to keep my posture. 

Nami took a slice of the cake and rested the paper plate on her lap while she punched in keys on the laptop. 

"Wah, millions of hits. If it wasn't for you and Ga In we might not have even won." Yoosung poked her head into view and watched the video play. I did as well. We looked great together; she made me look good. Though this was true it was also very true that I found myself abashed after watching this. I closed the laptop and pulled it away from Nami. 

"I didn't know about it." 

"Luckily you didn't pull one of your clumsy acts on stage right?" Yoosung expressed her amusement with snickers and nudged me. I ignored her comment and took a strand of my hair into my fingers, tangling myself in it. Ga In wasn't with us; she was always out and about. But she could be back at any given time and I wasn't physically nor emotionally ready to discuss this in full terms. 

My friends of course don't acknowledge this. "Did you enjoy it?" Nami asked with curiosity tingling at her lips. I had to give myself time to think of this. Did I enjoy it? Why would I? No way.

"No." I simply stated. My friends didn't buy it but left the topic alone as soon as the dressing room door opened.

"Enjoying your cake?" Ga In smiled at us sweetly. She seemed to be in a happy mood. Nami was the only one who'd even touched it. Yoosung looked to her.

"I haven't tried it yet. Give me some if you may?" she asked with much delight. Nami handed her a paper plate, but Yoosung shook her head.

"Feed it to me, hm?" I watched Nami's eyes widen. She seemed to look puzzled by this. But of course, Nami took her fork and nipped at a piece of her own cake, then raising the fork to Yoosung's mouth. Yoosung grabbed the fork as well and pushed it into slowly, keeping eye contact with Nami the whole way. Nami's face flushed a bright pink. I'd been here to see it all and I could feel even my  face grow hot. I looked over to Ga In but she wasn't paying attention- to them at least. She'd been eyeing me and it was bothersome to me.

"Mwoh?" I asked annoyingly.

"Come out here." Ga In mouthed. Aish. I turned back to the two lovebirds who'd been in their own little world. No point in staying here and third-wheeling myself. I excused myself and left the room with Ga In. The hallway was dim and for a brief moment I thought I was being pulled out here for scolding. That's what Ga In did best. I searched her face for any sign of infuriation. The only thing I could find was her beaming at me, eyes creased again in that wave-like shape. 

"W-what?" I only stutter when I'm nervous. . 

"Good job today." she started inching toward me. I, who glued myself to the wall across from her. I felt weird about the atmosphere. 

"We had to come out here for you to say this?" I started back to the door. Ga In watched me and with a laugh that escaped her lips with little effort her hand curved around my wrist holding me back from going back in. I swallowed the nonexistant saliva in my throat and stepped back from her.

"What's with you?" she started towards me casually. I don't know. What was with me? If I could even answer this for myself. I stopped and stood before her. We were too close. She raised my face up to hers with her long fingers and looked into my eyes, as if to search for any sign of emotion. I had no idea what she was doing, but when do I ever.

"Why are we out here." I breathed out finally, trying to contain my stutters. 

"Ah," Ga In pulled something out of her shorts' pocket and held it up in front of my face. It was a necklace. 

"Because you worked so hard and it payed off." She looked so cool standing before me. I stared up at the necklace that had my name engraved into a heart charm. I pointed to it and looked up at her.

"You didn't have to do this." Ga In looked at me with a questioning look and after finally realizing she laughed. There was a coldness in the way she laughed and I didn't like it. 

"I didn't get you this, silly." She said this with much cruelty in her voice. My heart dropped and I felt humiliated.

"Minhyuk-hyung thought it'd be embarrassing to give to you, so the poor boy gave it to me. His face looked like a firework. I don't see why." Minhyuk. BTOB's rapper/vocalist who I'd sat next to during the KPOP 2012 awards. He seemed to take much interest in me and we began to chat. I haven't seen him since. He was very cute and carried himself well. I never thought he'd do something like this though. Nontheless I was pissed. I snatched the necklace out of her hand and clenched it in my hand. I smiled up at her with much effort despite wanting to throw the damned thing back in her face. For Minhyuk, I held back.

"What's gotten into you?" Ga In sensed the tension.

"Nothing at all." I fit the necklace around my neck with some struggle. I held the charm and usually when I'd get something like this from such a good looking guy and talented to say, I wouldn't feel so burdened. So why is it that I would have much rather heard that it came from Ga In? 

Ga In ruffled my hair as she always does and I had to keep everything I had not to slap her hand away. 

"Because of our success, tomorrow we'll all do something fun. Yes?" Ga In wore her best fitting smile. She was such an idiot. If she knew the way my heart saw her she'd still do her best as to avoid it.

How my heart saw her. That's the question. Not even I am able to distinguish my feelings for her these past couples days. I surely can't use the excuse that I'm going crazy. How long does one go crazy? Whatever I felt when I was near Ga In, the pumping in my heart, my hormones, the adrenaline kicking in me. There was only thing I could think of in the back of my lingering mind. 

But I wasn't going to say this aloud.