Late Night Dance

Blooming For Her Flower

This better be good, I thought to myself as I pulled up to the building. I stepped out my Honda after shutting off the engine. I was introduced to the chilly Seoul air. I held my arms, rubbing them as if that were to lessen the goosebumps. I was always cold. I jogged into the building after passing through the security and entered the dark hall. Counting the doors down, I stopped at the 5th one to the left. I could hear Ga In's "Bloom" faintly. I was beginning to hate this song.

I perched open the door and poked my head through, adjusting to the darkness. Why was it so dark? Ga In had one of the little lights on and musn't have seen me arrive because she was fully concentrated on her moves. Why is she even practicing? She's had it down from day 1. 

"I'm here." I tried shouting over the music but it was no use. I took a couple steps towards her and as soon as I came into the mirror's view, she turned to me. Her blonde bangs were damp with sweat and yet she was wearing a white coat. Not that I was to talk; I came in a thick sweater. 

"How long have you been practicing?" It was my natural instinct to walk up to her and touch her forehead. I pet her hair and felt the moist wetness. She grabbed my hand and I stopped. She was taller than I was, but not too much. I let my hand fall to my side. I don't know why I did that.

Ga In cleared as I touched my hand, not bothering to wipe it dry. Her song started up again, and I had to resist groaning. I really wish I'd been at home watching my idols.

"Yah, so what tactic do you have? Master plan? Let me hear it." I half-smirked and crossed my arms. 

Ignoring my question, Ga In stepped away from me. I blinked a couple times, and she started to dance. But this time her dance wasn't just a dance; I'd have no more satisfaction than if I was watching .

Something about the way she touched herself and flipped her hair while spreading her legs a certain length apart made me cringe. I wanted to say I felt uncomfortable. The lights were only on her and I was off to the side, watching her explore her body like she had done before, but something was different.

She stopped and nodded. "Now I'm going to guide you." 

I let that sink into my head as I re-thought what she'd said. Then my mouth fell open and I backed away suddenly.

"You mean as in your hands? On me? That kind of guide?" She nodded and tilted her head questioningly. No. No no no no no. There is no way she's touching me like that. 

"Are you feeling alright?" I managed to laugh nervously and bit my lip so hard I might have tasted something sweet. Was I bleeding? I wouldn't be surprised.

Ga In rolled her eyes and raised her index finger, directing it towards me. Her finger signaled into a pulling motion; indicating for me to come to her. My body went through this really awkward phase and I shivered. I couldn't very well refuse; even in the dark she was intimidating. After enough hesitation I pressed my eyes shut and cursed under my breath. 

"Aish." I dragged my feet to her slowly. I didn't know how close I was supposed to be, but Ga In made sure I was in reach for she s her arm around my back to pull myself against her. If my eyes grew any wider they might have fell out of their sockets and ran out of the room. In this moment I felt so much misfortune to be spending most of my time with her instead of the other back-up dancers. They can have her. 

"Watch closely and stop looking so frightened, I'm not going to eat you." She spoke into my ear. I'd rather her have eaten me. It was on the tip of my tongue, but I wasn't going to say this aloud. 

The song had started for the third time shortly ago and she waited for her cue. Then she tip-toed around me. She was behind me now, as she took her right hand and entertwined it with mine. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I swallowed hard. My throat was dry. I wanted to pull my hand away ever so desperately.

"Isn't this a bit too much?" I said, trying to tear my hand from hers. Ga In only held it tighter, delicately twirling her thumb on the inside of my palm at my dismay. I thought of this for a moment and gave up my will to fight her. The sooner this was over the better.

"Stop fighting." Shut up. She took my hand and, guiding it with her own, ran it over my chest, back and forth in a slow motion. 

"Relax, close your eyes. Feel it. I'm only guiding you this once." I tried to shake all the nerve off and closed my eyes. The way she ran my hand over my body with so little effort fascinated me. It'd helped me realize I'd been too stiff with my hand motions and movements altogether. I'm not used to this seductive dancing.

There was something utterly wrong with what she was doing to me. It was all in my head maybe. As she pressed her body against my back, I could feel her breathe hard. She was just as concentrated as I was supposed to be, maybe even more. I couldn't concentrate though. I couldn't differentiate the feeling of uncomfortableness or arousement. It had to be uncomfortableness. Right. Right.

We practiced like this for half an hour, with her trailing her hands along my hips and helping me move accordingly to the choreography. It did help, a lot actually. What didn't help was my heart that felt it was going to jump out of my chest. All these hormones and emotions running through me at once. I was confused. I didn't want to know how I felt, but as desperately as I tried to turn off my mind, I couldn't.

Ga In removed herself from our attachment, stepped back and clapped. I watched her in the mirror's reflection as she smiled big, her eyes creasing into a beautiful wave-like shape. 

"Now show me." She held her hands in front of her and let her song play for the last time. It happened so suddenly that I froze and I forgot all the choreography. I couldn't even tell you if I was paying attention the whole time. She watched me search the floor with my alert eyes and fumble with my fingers. She could tell I was panicking.

"Imagine me around you. Me guiding you. You can do this, Ha Ni." She stepped up to me and propped my chin up with her finger. I met her eyes and they sparkled. Like someone picked a star out of the night sky and placed it into her dark eyes, for her eyes weren't dark anymore, but they were light. I saw light in them. She was my light.

Wait. What am I saying? I slapped my cheeks with my hands lightly and nodded. She stepped back and crossed her arms, waiting. I took this time to listen to the song and shut my eyes. Instead of feeling the song, I felt Ga In's grip on my sides. The way they ran up and down them, exciting me and pumping adrenaline into me. That grip that was used to guide me, now excited me. I had no idea what I was thinking. I was probably just tired.

Nevertheless, imagining her around me allowed me to start. I resumed the steps she'd guided me through. I had my eyes pressed closed so I had no image of myself and how I carried myself through the melody. It came so easy now, although I still had doubts I was doing it right. I heard no relentless sighs; I hadn't heard anything but the music. I felt nothing but Ga In's touch that may not have been real but my fantasies were enough to get me through.

The music stopped. It didn't start back up. I peeked through my eyes and saw Ga In turn off the stereo. I crossed my fingers unawaringly. I really didn't want to do that again. Ever. I looked to Ga In in desperation.

"Well say something. Anything." I pleaded. She was just nodding and looking me up and down. She threw her thumbs up and smiled at me. My eyes lit up.

"You did great. If that's all it took I would have done it a long time ago." She laughed and pressed her fingers to her lips to hide her smile. I felt my face grow hot. 

"Yah! Can I go home now? I'm heating up in this sweater." I stomped my feet and pushed out my bottom lip. I was tired and felt once again uncomfortable to be standing here with Ga In. 

She chuckled and walked up to me, taking her hand and ruffling it through my already somewhat tangled hair.

"De, go now. You better do this good tomorrow night! If not, better? Alright?" She smiled and squeezed my shoulders. I felt awkward with her being this nice. Usually she's very demanding and straight forward. Not anything like this.

"Araseooooo." I nodded and half smiled. Ga In waved me off and I left. I ran down the hall and out the entrance I'd came in earlier. The security guards acknowledged me. I nodded at them, then jogged to my car. 

When I was safe and sound in the drivers seat, I gripped the steering wheel. Still not having even the engine, I blew out a puff of air. 

What just happened.

I gathered my thoughts together and assured myself I'd never allow her to get that close to me again. My emotions were unable to be processed and it just resulted in my head hurting. I started up the car and drove off. If I stayed any longer I might have went even more insane than I already apparently was.