Starbucks Meet

Blooming For Her Flower

"She what?"  Nami slurped the mocha out of her Starbucks cup as she exchanged shocked glances with Yoosung. It was the day of the performance, but since it was only 1:25 pm and Inkigayo didn't start until later tonight, me and my two beloved friends enjoyed ourselves to some free time and skipped Dance practice. I needed to shake off the nerves I had from last night. After telling my friends about what exactly went down, they wouldn't stop the sea of questions.

"Ga In's hot man, you hit the jackpot." Yoosung took my hand from across the table and squeezed it. She's known to fall head over heals for girls left and right, not to mention Yoo-ah had the hots for Ga In ever since becoming her backup dancer. I'd never thought about being interested in girls, ever. I'd only actually had one boyfriend. Minwoo from the group Boyfriend? Yeah, total jackass. Lasted 2 months. 

Nami slumped into the chair. We'd been sitting outside Starbucks for almost an hour now catching up with each other. We never had time to talk about normal girl things since Ga In was always working us to death. It was always dance, dance, dance. We rarely had any breaks, so I was no more than pleased to be sitting and wasting a couple hours in the day. 

"I didn't hit any jackpot as you'd like to call it. It was just dance practice." I mumbled as I twirled my empty beverage. Nami nodded in agreement. Yoosung snorted and leaned into the table. 

"Right. Just dance practice in the dark, with Ga In touching you in almost every area possible. And you let your emotions get the best of you? Are you sure you're not turning a little les here, Ha Ni-ah?" 

"Yah! You know me. I would never like a girl. That's just, weird for me." Yoosung arched her eyebrows and tilted her head toward my response.

"For me. Not for anyone else." I added, "I mean I've had like one boyfriend. I don't even have time for relationships and...why are we talking about this." I checked the silver watch that laid on my right wrist.

"Wah, it's almost 3. Kaja?" I looked to both of my friends. Nami's eyes squinted and her face shadowed a nervous expression. She's always worried. 

"Shouldn't we check in with Ga In? Don't you think she'd be mad with us if we wasted all this time lolly-gagging around Seoul instead of preparing?" I knew she would say something of the sort. 

"Yah, we don't even need to be performing until 9. That gives us 6 hours. You plan on practicing all that time?" I questioned.

"Nami is right though. Maybe we should just check in with her." Yoosung ruffled Nami's hair and smiled at her. Nami didn't know this, but Yoosung's been in love with her for 2 years now. That's why she was much closer to her than I was. Nami is innocent and has the cutest baby face. It wouldn't even cross one's mind to think she'd be a back-up dancer for someone like Ga In. She can get pretty fiesty on stage. 

"Araseo, I'll text her." I said annoyingly. And so I unlocked my iPhone and searched through my contacts, finding her name easy. 

From: Ha Ni

To: Ga In 

Annyeong, did you need your most trusted dancers by your side all day today? 

Aigoo, how annoying. I really have nothing against Ga In. I just wanted to enjoy my free day to the fullest without cheating it. I assured my friends I'd texted her. Nami's face relaxed and Yoosung's did as well due to this. 

What was Ga In doing anyway?  I wondered. I found myself imagining her doing all sorts of things when Yoosung snapped her fingers in front of me. I turned my attention back to my friends.

"Mwoh?" 

"You never space out." Yoosung and Nami watched me closely. I didn't want them to say what I thought they were going to say.

"You were thinking about-"

"I was not." I interrupted.

Yoosung snickered and waved her hand in dismissal. 

"De, sure you weren't." 

"Yah, aren't you supposed to be excited for tonight??" Nami propped up from her chair and smiled at me.

I had no idea what she was talking about. "For?" 

"Of course, clueless as always." Yoosung shook her head.

"Yah, are you going to tell me or?" 

"Comeback stages tonight of course. B.A.P's coming back. Surely you couldn't have forgotten?" My eyes sprung wide open and I almost jumped out of my chair. That's right! They're coming back with "Hajima" tonight! Ah, I'm so excited I think I'm going to pass out. 

"Ah, ye!" I squealed and kicked in my chair. I was so used to seeing and meeting with kpop idols that now it was a norm for me. Ga In granted this special access to me. People watch TV and think back-up dancers are just there to be there, but we serve a great purpose. With great purposes come great rewards. Why was I so excited for B.A.P.? They weren't only my bias group-yes even I have biases- but that meant I got the chance to cheer for Zelo hyung again! He was so dreamy, omg.

"Maybe this time you'll actually talk to him." Yoosung whispered. 

"Yah!" I pushed her from across the table. She laughed together with Nami. I was going to say more when my phone vibrated. Ah, text? It was about time.

"From: Ga In

To: Ha Ni

Ani, just make sure you remember the steps! I'm counting on you Ha Ni. xoxo. 

xoxo?  What.

"Mm, was that her?" Nami scooted her chair over to mine in hopes to peer into the screen. I shoved my phone between my legs and closed them tight, smiling and wincing both at the same time.

"Yah, your face!" Yoosung pointed as if it couldn't get anymore obvious.

"She's red. Was it her? It was, wasn't it? What'd she say?" The sea of questions began once again.

"She said we didn't need to come in. That's all that matters." I stepped out of my chair and pet down my pink rose-patterned black skirt. My friends eyed me suspiciously and exchanged a set of whispers. 

"Talking bad about me?" I shouted playfully. They shook their heads quickly and stood as well, gathering their empty drinks. Yoosung jogged to the trashbin close to us and threw the remains out. 

I touched my face as Yoosung wiped the corner of Nami's mouth.

"You had some of your Mocha on your lips." Nami blushed unknowingly and nodded her head in thanks. How did that idiot not have a clue, knowing Yoosung, that she was madly in love with her. They were a cute twosome. As many times as I'd pushed Yoosung to put her confidence to the test and confess, she refused. She came on to any women without difficulty, but somehow Nami was different. 

"Kaja" I said. My friends followed into my Honda, Yoosung getting into the backseat with Nami. Again, Nami's an idiot for being so clueless. 

"Where to next?" I looked into the rear-view mirror. Anything but the dance practice room. Yoosung looked to Nami. Nami put her finger to her lips and thought for a minute. 

"Shopping?!" Nami requested. 

"Yes, shopping! Bingo!" Yoosung smiled. She never smiles when she's around others. We were just that close to have that priviledge. 

I accepted and started the car. Anything to get my mind off last night. Even after sleeping on it, talking about it seemed to only deepen my emotions. But what emotions exactly? My head was starting to hurt again. Stop it, Ha Ni.