Never Ending Practice

Blooming For Her Flower

 

"One, two, three,- sliiiiide." Son Ga In breathed through her pants and swayed her hips to and fro in synch with her song that blared in the background. We were rehearsing to "Bloom" which was too popular ever since it'd been released. We were to perform it for the first time tomorrow night and I still couldn't get down the damn moves. I tried my best to mirror her steps while also attempting to add in my own flavor or style but I looked horrible when I saw my reflection and the way Ga In was avoiding my direct contact, I knew this was proven. 

"Okay stop." Ga In halted and let out a groan of frustration. I cringed and watched her jog up to the stereo, mashing buttons and finally getting it to stop. The stereo was brand new and neither I nor she knew how to work it just yet. She'd been too busy teaching me to spend quality time with the complicated piece. She turned to me and tapped her feet on the wooden floor. She was giving me that look again; the one that said "I'm so disappointed." I collapsed to the floor and kicked my feet a couple times. I wanted to get it right, I just didn't know how.

Ga In walked over to me and stopped leaving barely any distance between us. She reprimanded me to watch her and I nodded quickly. I couldn't learn and watch at the same time, it's a step process with me. She stood before me, her liquid brown pupils keeping track of where my solid black ones were to trail. Now without the music, Ga In resumed her dance , letting her hands flow over her body as her face shape shifted into pleasurous images. She bit at her bottom lip and furrowed her eye brows, clenching her teeth and squeezing her eyes shut and letting out hints of sighs. I was captivated by how well her legs collaborated with her hips to move in such a delicate yet y way. I had to keep from biting my own lip as I watched her mesmerizingly. 

I hadn't realized how much time passed when she stopped and asked me if I had it down better. I nodded slowly, though really I had no other way of forming a reponse. She helped me understand what it meant to feel the music as she had just now even without the music, but I felt even more pressured than before. I stepped up and stretched my arms out. Ga In waited for my cue and when I threw a thumbs up she played her song over again, with just as much difficulty as she had turning the stereo off. I heard her curse at the thing and stomp her feet before it began to play. She breathed out a sigh of relief and I had to keep myself from chuckling. I listened to the piano's melody before Ga In's angelic pitch came in. I closed my eyes, pleading myself to relax before starting back up my moves, blocking out every wandering thought and tuning into the song. 

I watched my steps carefully and tried to let my body go just a little bit. Not too much or I'd lose balance and freak out and mess up. If I met eyes with Ga In I knew I'd lose all control of the song and my frame altogether. I focused more on what I was able to do rather than what I was incapable of achieving, and this seemed to soothe me. I held out until the song ended and thought I thought I might have done better considering I heard no comments from Ga In, she still let out a puff of air after the room went silent.

"Now it looks like you're not even trying." She shook her head and buried her face in her hands. I moaned out and pulled up my now damp black long sleeved shirt to wipe my face. 

"Let's just stop. It's not like people are even going to be looking at me." I murmur. Maybe I didn't murmur, because Ga In shot me a glare and I swallowed hard, wishing I could take what I said back. 

"How many times do I need to say this? You're just as presentable as I am. Na Mi and Yoo Sung understood this a long time ago and that's why they're at lunch and you're still sitting here." Ouch. That hurt. I looked up at the ceiling and pressed my lids together, shutting my eyes to help me calm down. I didn't want to argue with Ga In; what was there to even argue about. Usually she isn't this harsh. I was able to get her other song choreography sets down in the past with much less effort. With this I was trying but nothing was ever enough.

I looked back to her and nodded my head slowly.

"I'm sorry. I really really really will try harder." Ga In ruffled her blonde hair and pressed her lips together. 

"I'd been too hard on you today. It's already 3, your friends have been gone for 2 hours now. Go catch up with them." I didn't dare to stir until I knew I was sure she meant every word she said. She's one of those women who switches gears in the next 3 seconds. She was also very intimidating. It doesn't mix well together for me. 

"Kah." Ga In motioned her hand to the door. I gave her a long stare and nodded slowly. I thanked her quietly and gathered myself and my bag that lay perched on the table we'd used earlier to slide with the chairs for her dance. I bowed to her and opened the door half-way.

"You have a beautiful body. Show it." I heard as I stepped out. Midway, I stopped and turned to her. Had I heard correctly? Had the Ga In just complimented me? 

"W-what?" I whispered. 

"Ani, bye." She had her back turned to me now and shuffled through her own white bag, probably searching for something. I nodded although she wasn't able to see and closed the door behind me quietly. I was exhausted but this isn't the first time I had to stay hours after. I most likely had night practice tonight too. Ga In is working me to death.