13

Lost in Summer Paradise

"Okay, who'll explain first?" Kris asked as he looked at us. "She/He will." We both glared at each other. "You should do it, it's ladies first, right?" he pointed out. "Aniya, you should do it first." I insisted.

"No, You!"

"No, You should!"

"Why me? You should do it first!"

"Aniya! You---"

"Okay! Stop it! You two!"

We both stopped as we sat straight. "Sorry." we both looked down. "Okay, let's just finish this." he said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Why don't you explain first then." he said as he pointed towards the guy, who I can't even say his name right now because of my flaming anger towards him. "Fine," he sighed as he glared at me. 

"Well, I was just taking a good warm shower and after putting on my pants, Ms. I'm-so-innocent came barging in without knocking. She started shouting and hitting me while she called me a ert. I was trying to stop her when we both slipped on the floor, making me land on top of her. She was going to scream again that's why I covered ." he explained it in one go. 

"Okayyyy~ what's your side of the story then, Jihyun?" Kris asked as he looked at me. "Yeah, what's your side of the story, Jihyun." he sternly said as he looked at me with a smug smile on his face. "It's the same as Sehun." I sighed as I looked down. "So, who do you think is at fault here?" Kris asked as he interlaced his fingers together and sat properly. "It's me." I muttered as I looked down. "Okay, so, the problem is solve and let's all go to sleep." Kris said as he stood up. "We'll have a big day ahead of us and I want it to be succesful." he said as he left. 

I looked at my brother as he gave me a disappointed look. "That's it for tonight. You better go to bed now." he said as he left with Kris. I looked over to my side and I was expecting him to say something harsh or embarrassing but instead, he just plainly looked at me as his eyes bore a hole on my head."You could've just say sorry and left." he scoffed as he walked away.

I know that they are already tired of my careless acts. I was already a burden to them and I don't want to make it worse. Sehun already hates me and now, he hates me more. My brother is pretty much disappointed at me and the same as Kris. Is coming to China, a bad idea? Or having a unforgettable summer vacation with my brother and his friends wasn't a great idea at all? I should've just followed what my bestfriend told me. Tears were already slipping from my eyes as I typed away with my computer. I looked down as I stopped. I closed my laptop as I wiped my tears. That's it, Jihyun. You need to be stronger. Yup, I have to be stronger. No more crying. I placed my laptop on top of the coffee table and I laid down on the couch as I covered mysellf with a blanket.

We were all eating the breakfast that I had made as everybody busied themselves by chatting. I looked over at Sehun and he seems okay but when our eyes met, it quickly changed to cold ones. Is he still angry about what happened? Obviously.

We were at the backstage of the hall as all the boys prepared. I decided to check the place and I could see the eager fangirls outside with their bannersand lightsticks. Wow. It seems like there have more fans in China. I looked at my watch and I noticed that they have a few more minutes before they go in.

I entered their dressing room as I looked for the person who I wanted to talk right now. I searched for him inside but it seems like he wasn't there. I searched for him on the halls but it seems like he went to another quiet place where he always is. I stopped when I saw a room at the far end. I hesitated to go since I don't really know what is in there, it might be a giant spider, a ghost, or something creepy that could scare the hell out of me.

I slowly walked towards it as I reached for the door knob. I quickly stopped myself and shook my head. No. I think he's not there. I turned around, ready to leave but a something stopped me on my feet. I shifted with heels as I slowly twisted the doorknob. I peeked in and there, I saw the a man playing gently with the piano as it produced a sweet melody.

I never thought that he could play an instrument like that. My impression on him suddenly changed as I watched him play a sweet tune. As the fans described him, he was indeed charismatic. I saw the other side of this boy, whom I who was very mysterious from the very beginning. As the music stopped, I thought that it was a chance for me to talk to him. As I approached him, a smirked appeared on his face.

"What brings you here? Miss me?"

There it goes again, he brings his conceited self again. How can he be so mean and suddenly changed into a cocky man? I suddenly stepped back abit when I heard what he just said. "Where is all this cockyness coming from?" I bluntly asked. "Why? Don't you like it?" he teased as he looked at me with his chinky eyes. I scoffed as I rolled my eyes at him. "If some other girl is standing on your place right now, she might've passed out already." he boastfully said as he had his smug smile on.

"Yeah, but sadly, I'm not like them." I openly answered as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Psh. Denying, I see." he smirked. "Whatever, you conceited brat." I retorted. "I'll take that as I compliment." he chuckled as he moved  to his seat and patted it next him, motioning me to take it. "Well, what do you want to tell me?" he suddenly asked. "How did you know that I was going to tell you something?" I snapped as I looked at him.

"Well, isn't that the reason why you came here," he said, confused. "Unless, you have something in mind." he teased as he had his creepy smile on. "No! I really came here to talk to you." I responded quickly before he thought of something else. "Okay, I'm listening." he said as he face turned into a serious one.

"Well, about last night, I just want to apologize for barging in like that and saying mean things towards you while hitting you continuously. I'm sorry." I meekly said as I fiddled with the hem of my shirt. I looked at him and his expression never change. "I know it was a wrong thing for me to do but I was just---"

"You're forgiven."

What? Just like that? He forgave me just like that? "Wait! Aren't you gonna shout at me or something?" I asked. "Why? Do you want me to do it?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Aniya~" I waved my hands tautly.

"It's just that...I thought that you were going to blow up and shout at me for being careless and all." I timidly explained. "Well, I'm not." he said. He scooted abit as his fingers moved gracefully on the keyboard. I watched at how accurate his fingers move from one keys to another. I gently placed my fingers as I followed the piece that he was playing. I remembered the piece, it was the one I played when I had my recital when I was in 4th grade.

I would always play this every Christmas Eve and I could see all my relatives watching me intently as my brother sing a song. It was an event I can never forget but I guess things changes until my brother left to chase his dream. I stopped playing as my eyes landed to a familiar ribbon tied around his wrist.

"Hey, you're still wearing the ribbon that I gave you." I stated as he stopped playing. He quickly hid his hands as he looked at me nervously. "Y-yea," he stuttered. "As much as I don't want to believe it, but it worked." he meekly said as he slightly smiled. "Jinjja?" My eyes widened as I looked at him, surprised. "Baekhyun Oppa told me that it wasn't true, that's why he wasn't interested in tying ribbons around his wrist." I pouted. "Then he don't know what's he's missing." he muttered as I giggled at his witty response.

"Sehun..."

"Hm?" he responded, meaning he was still listening to me even thought he wasn't looking at me.

"Why do you hate me?"

I think it's time for me to ask that question so that I wouldn't be so caught up in the night thinking about me. I wouldn't want to get any glares from him early in the morning. I wouldn't want to hear him sigh every time I say something. I want him to smile, just like how he smile when he is with Luhan. He opened his mouth to answer my question, but he was taken aback when his phone suddenly rang. He picked it up and I could hear the loud rant on the other line.

"Let's go. They are looking for us already." he said as he stood up. I followed him from behind as we both walked towards their dressing room. He didn't even answer my question. Whoever made the call is dead.

The showcase started again but this time EXO-M would always be the one to sing first since they're in China. The boys showed their charismatic self on the stage as their dance to their songs. You can't see any trace that they are tired, it seems like getting the cheer from their fans energizes them. I just smiled as I watched them dance smoothly to the song.

"You did a great job, guys!" Manager Hyun said as soon as the showcase ended. They all clapped and cheered. "You better go and change cause we're going to eat at the most tasty restaurant here in Beijing." Manager Li announced.

We went to Jindingxuan Restaurant. The decorations are totally Chinese style. There are tables in the first and second floor and private rooms on the third and fourth floor. They offer not only Cantonese dishes but also Sichuan dishes and Huaiyang dishes. There are also many options for refreshment and all of them cost right. We ordered various of Chines dishes. Tao told me alot about it as I tasted it one by one.

We were on our way to the dorm to have a good rest since the boys are all worn out. Tao told me that he was going to show me around after the showcase but I guess, I shouldn't bother him since he's already tired. Maybe some other time.  They all took a warm bath as they all went to rest. It was time for me to take a bath and changed into a long green pastel shirt andI tied my hair into a bun. I wore my glasses as I grabbed my laptop and sat on the couch.

tumblr_mf7wdgW18c1qazyk0o1_500.png

I looked at my watch and it was already 2 in the morning. I've been encoding on my blog for hours now and I guess the sandman haven't knocked me out yet. I let out a yawn as I stretched my arms and legs. Suddenly, a noise was heard in the kitchen. Oh! What's that? The noise suddenly disappeared as my heart started to beat fast.

"Hey! Why are you still awake?"

My eyes widened as I shot up from my seat. "Yah! You scared me, Oppa!" I half-yelled, not wanting to wake up the boys. "Sorry, I was just curious on why you are still awake." he said as he rubbed the back of his neck. "How about you? Why are you still awake?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow. "Oh, you know, just some stuffs." he said as he plopped himself on the couch.

"What are you doing anyway? I always see you with your laptop every night. Are you a sasaeng fan and you're sharing the things that we've been doing?"  he said as he eyes me suspiciously. "Aniya, I'm not some kind of a sasaeng fan, okay? Actually, I'm not even a fan of EXO." I truthfully stated as he looked at me with horror. "Shocking, right?" I giggled. "Yup, very." he said as he nodded his head.

"Then what are you doing in your laptop that's been keeping you busy?" he asked as he laid flat on his stomach as he looked at me. "Can you keep it a secret then?" I asked as I bit my lip. Well, maybe telling it to him isn't a bad idea anyway. "Sure." he said. "Well, I have this blog where I could write some random things about me or the events that had happened. I want to share them the things that I had discovered, the beauty of the world, our Mother Nature. And I want them to know that life if full of surprises." I bluntly answered as I smiled, remembering all the things that I've shared with my readers.

"Wow! A blogger, I see." he chuckled. "Yea, but Luhan Oppa thought that I was doing a report for my teacher. So, don't tell him, okay?" I said as he firmly nodded. "I won't. Stamp, sealed and promised." he laughed as I did the same. He shuffled on the couch as he covered himself with a blanket.

"Oppa, are you going to sleep here?" I curiously asked. "Hmmm. It's too hot inside the room. You don't mind sharing the living room with me, do you?" he asked. "Ani, it's okay." I answered. I closed my laptop as I laid on the couch. After a few minutes of silence, I suddenly wanted to ask something from him.

"Lay Oppa.."

"Are you still awake?" I asked. "Hm." he responded.

"Did I bother you in your sleep?" I asked. "Ani." he answered.

"Then, can I ask you something?"

"Hm." he responded.

"Why do you think Sehun hates me?"

"He doesn't hate you. He's not a sociable type, we even had a hard time gatting close to him. So, he doesn't hate you. Don't worry about it. He'll open up to you soon, just like what he did to us."

He doesn't hate me, but he doesn't like me, either. It's okay. At least I know that he doesn't really hate me. I sigh of relief came over me as I smiled.

"Thank you, Lay Oppa."

"Nae~ Go to sleep. Goodnight." he said.

"Goodnight, Oppa~"