26

Lost in Summer Paradise

"I'm sorry, Sehun. But I can't return those feelings."

She said as she looked down. The sound of a heart being shuttered into pieces was being heard as he looked down, disappointedly. "I..I.." He couldn't say a word. "I'm sorry." She said as she ran away. He looked up as he held out his hand to stop her. "Jihyun! Wait!" He shouted but she was already gone.

He knew that she will reject him. He knew that she won't be returning his feelings to him. But he wanted her to know. He wanted her to know how much she love him. How she changed his cold-hearted heart. He chuckled inwardly as he sat on the bench. What was he thinking? Confessing to a girl who he hated before. It was pathetic. Very pathetic.

"Hey! You okay?" Luhan worriedly asked as he entered the dorm. "I'm okay, hyung. I'm just tired." He answered as he walked inside his room. He stared at the mattress on the top bunk as he let out a sigh. "You're so stupid, Oh Sehun!" He groaned as he ruffled his hair frustratingly. He looked at the opposite bed as he sigh. "I don't think she wants to face me right now." He muttered as he rolled on his side.

~

He woke up as he looked at the other side of the bed. It was tidy and...empty. All the things that were supposed to be in there was...gone. He started to grew worried as he quickly stood up from his bed.

He went out of his room, to know if the boys know about it. He halted when he saw them at the living room. They were all quiet as Baekhyun talked to someone over the phone. "What were you thinking, Ji?" He blurted. Sehun crunched his brows as he tried to calm himself down. "Okay,okay. I'll tell them." He said and hung up. "So, what did she tell you?" Chanyeol asked as he sighed.

"She's already at home. She left at the middle of the night because she doesn't want to disturb us." He stated. "But, I don't get it, why did she left all of a sudden?" Tao curiously asked. "Well, that's JiHyun. She just go out without telling." Baekhyun said as Sehun clenched his fist. They were startled when they heard a loud bang of the door. "What's his problem?" Xiumin curiously asked as they shrugged.

~

"I'm home." Sehun called as he closed the door. "What're you guys doing?" He cocked an eyebrow as he saw Xiumin and Chanyeol fighting over a bowl of cheesepops.

"Yah! Give it to me!"

"No!"

He shook his head as he left the two on the living room. "Oh! Hyung!" He called when he saw Luhan carrying a pile of dirty laundry. "Hey, Se-" He suddenly stepped on a shoe as he lost his balance. Sehun ran to him as some of the boys went of their rooms to see what was going on. "What's going on?" Kris hollered as he stepped out of his room.

A sudden ring was heard as Baekhyun picked up his phone. His eyes suddenly widened when he heard his mother's voice, and she was crying. "Umma! What's wrong?" He worriedly asked. "What? When? Where?" He abruptly asked. "Okay! I'm on my way!" He said and quickly hung up.

"What's wrong, Baek?" Chanyeol asked as he saw Baekhyun's worried face. "Jihyun is at the hospital right now. I need to go." He said as he ran out from the dorm, leaving s surprised and worried.

Sehun unconsciously went inside his room as he sat on his bed. He looked around his room as he tried to sync in everything. His eyes suddenly landed on a pink envelop that was coming out from his drawer. He opened the letter and he knew whose handwriting it was. It was none other than..Jihyun.

Dear Sehun,

Hey! How are you? I don't know how to start this letter but I'll give it a try.

I'm sorry if I left you all of a sudden. You must've been surprised and my brother would've killed me by now. I decided to leave because I was scared that you might fall for me even more. These past few days that I had spent with you, I'll always treasure it becasue these were the days when we were both happy and free.

I'm sorry if I couldn't return those feeling. Those kind of feelings shouldn't be given to me because I don't deserve them. I hurted you, I know but I'm also hurting inside because I couldn't stay with you. I have a cancer, Sehun. I should've told you sooner about this but I didn't have the courage to do so.

I didn't know that I'll fall inlove to a person like you. But I guess I was lost in my own summer paradise. I love you, Sehun. And I'll always will.

Love,

Jihyun

Tears started to fall as the paper fell on his hand. He started to sob as he thought of the woman who changed his life, dying.

~

Baekhyun came inside their dorm as the members crowded around him. "Is Jihyun, okay?" Kyungsoo asked as he sighed. He shook his head, "No, I don't think so."