14

Lost in Summer Paradise

"But, hyung, I can do it." the maknae pleaded to his manager as I just sat there as I watched the other guys leave the dorm. "No! And that's final! You better rest for your coming debut." Manager Hyun said as he closed the door, leaving the poor maknae behind.

 

"Hey, Tao! I think it's best for you to rest." I said as I patted his shoulder. He didn't argue as he turned around and went inside his room, slamming the door as I flinched at the loud impact. He must be frustrated right now. Tao was left in the dorm because his back was injured when they were having a showcase in China. I feel sorry for him right now.

 

It was already time for lunch and Tao hasn't come out from his room yet. I grew worried as I called the boys to tell them. They told me that he just need some time to cool off and he'll be hungry for sure. But, I guess it's not working. I can't just sit here and do nothing. I need to atleast take care of him.

 

I nervously knocked on his door as I waited for him to answer. Oh, is he really like this. I don't have any other choice but to open it myself. I slowly twisted the doorknob as I peeked in. I saw him in his bed as I slowly approached him. I sat on the bed, opposite to his as I grabbed a pillow.

 

"Tao Oppa..."

 

"Are you sleeping?" I asked but I noticed that his body was moving. He must be awake. "Are you mad about not being in their practice right now?" I started off. He shook his head, "I'm not mad about it. I'm mad about myself right now." he retorted. "Why?" I curiously asked. "Because I was to careless to even injure myself at the showcase. It felt like I failed." he stated.

 

"I met someone who has the same the story as you." I said. "She was little girl back then, and she really likes music. She wanted to learn how to play the piano, so her mom decided to enter her into a tutorial class. She learned, and learned, until it was the day of her recital. She was nervous, and she grew worried about making a mistake on stage. Well, she did missed a few notes but that didn't stop her from trying again." 

 

"See, it's okay to fail, because you'll know your mistake and soon, you'll learn from it." I said as I brought my knees under my chin as I hugged it closer. "Sometimes, people committ mistakes, and we'll accept it in the future." I smiled unknowingly. "Just like what they say, "Learning from your mistakes, can lead you to your success."" I said as I stood up."Come out when you're hungry." I stood up and went out of his room.

 

I sat on the couch as I let out a sigh. I suddenly heard footsteps coming near me as I turned around. I saw him standing there as he looked at me. "Is the girl happy right now?" he asked as I smiled at his question. "She definitely is." I answered. He limped towards me as I stood up to helped him.

 

He gently sat on the couch as he looked at me. "Thanks." he said as I nodded. "So, what's for lunch?" he grinned as I chuckled. "Wait here, and I'll go prepare some." I said as I ran up towards the kitchen. 

 

We were silently eating lunch as I tried to embrace the awkward atmosphere. "It's delicious." he started off as I looked at him. "Oh, Komawo." I meekly said. "About your story awhile ago.." he stated as he stared at me. "The girl in the story, was you, right?" he had a smile plastered all over his face. 

 

"Yes, it was me." I confessed as I smiled at him. "Then I could see she's really happy now." he said as I nodded.


 

April 07, 2012

 

It was d-day and everyone had been preparing for it for months. The boys all worked hard for it and now is the time that they'll be shown on screen and Korea will recognize them. We arrived at the studio as we all greeted the sunbae's inside and other rookies. They shared the dressing room with some other idols since there isn't much space in the studio. I was talking with D.O and Kai when their labelmates, TaeTiSeo and SHINee came in to say their goodlucks to the boys.

 

"Hmm. I'm going to join the other fangirls in there." I said. "I guess, I'll be the only who doesn't have any lightstick or banner." I grinned as I bowed to the other artists before I left. I joined the other fangirls as I watched the on-going performance.

 

EXO-K was up and the crowd started to cheer and scream for them. The lights dim as six guys in robes came in. The music started to play as they dance to their choreography. They gave their best but much greater than what they showed at their showcase. After their performance, fans scream louder as I ran up to the backstage to congratulate them.

 

"Hey, you guys were very charismatic in stage. Congratulations! You did a gread job!" I said as I gave them a hug. I stopped when I realized that it was Sehun. "Hmm. Good job." I said as I patted his arm. "Thanks." he muttered. "Hey, how was I on stage?" Kai suddenly asked as he blocked Sehun. "You were great, Oppa." I chortled as I gave him a hug. "Really? Yea, I thought so. I.." he stopped mid-sentence as we heard voices coming over.

 

"Great! He's here." he sarcastically said. "Who's here?" I raised an eyebrow. "Just, stay behind my back." he said as he turned around to block.

 

"Hey! Kai! You were so good on stage! You learned from the best!" he said as he chuckled. "Don't be so full of yourself, hyung." Kai said, annoyed. "Yah! I was praising you, so you better be happy right now." he said as I peeked over Kai's shoulder to see whoever this conceited guy is. That brown hair is very familiar.

 

"Well, I'm happy that your praising me." he bitterly said. "Why are you so cran---Hey! It's here!" Taemin beamed as he showed Kai to the side. "Oh, Annyeong!" I greeted as I bowed to him. "It's good to see you here! Meeting two times already? I don't think it's all a coincidence. I think it's fate." he said as he had a smirked on.

 

"Oh! Come on, hyung. She's always with us, so it's not a coincidence for you two to meet up two times already." Kai stated as he glared at him. "Okay, okay, whatever you say." he said as he raised his hands. "But, what do you say, Jihyun? Do you want to grab a bite after this?" he grinned as he wriggled his eyebrows at me. I saw Kai shaking his head as he rolled his eyes.

 

"Whatever! I'm out of here!" he said as he left. I looked at Taemin as he waited for my answer. "I'm sorry, Taemin ssi, but I'll be with them after this, maybe some other time. Bye." I answered as I hurriedly left to find Kai. "But, how..Hey! Where are you going?" I heard him shout as I ran off to the hallways.

 

"Hey, have you see Kai?" I asked the other boys as they all shooked their head. "Why? Did something happen?" Suho asked. "I don't know. Kai and I were just talking and Taemin came in as he started talking to me and he just got mad all of a sudden and left." I worriedly said. They all nodded, just like they just solve a great mystery. "Don't worry. He's fine." D.O said as I sighed.

 

"I hope so." 

 

After the show, we saw Kai already in the van. He had his earphones plugged in his ears as he just nodded as a response. D.O sat next to him as I sat behind him. It seems like he's not in the mood. Why is he mad towards Taemin everytime he talked to me? They told me he's close with Taemin, so...it can't be. Is Kai jealous? Oh, aniya, aniya. Kai doesn't like me anyway, then...Oh! No! There's no way that could happen. But it is possible. Is Kai..gay?

 

OHH. What are you talking about? Of course, he's not gay. Aish. You're crazy. I started to hit my head as I scolded myself. "Ey! Are you okay?" my brother suddenly asked as he grabbed my wrist. I looked at him as my eyes widened. "Ohh. Nae! I'm fine, Oppa." I said as I pulled my wrist. "You've been out of yourself awhile ago. Are you sure you're okay?" he worriedly asked as I nodded. "Nothing to worry about."

 

We were on our way to the dorm, but as soon as we opened it confetties and balloons were all over the floor. "Surprised!" the boys greeted as soon as EXO-K came inside. They all went in, speechless and obviously, surprised. "Hey, I thought you guys were in China." Suho said. "Ani, our flight is still tomorrow, so might as well celebrate your hot debut." Kris stated.

 

"It seems like you did alot of preparation." Chanyeol said as he looked around. "Of course, we couldn't have done it, if Jihyun wasn't here." Xiumin said as I smiled. "Let's eat!" Lay called from the kitchen.

 

We were all eating merrily, and it seems like Kai is okay again since he started teasing D.O and Chanyeol. Our chattering stopped when we heard our doorbell rang. "Oh, I'll get it." I said as I ran up towards the door. "Oh! Jihyun-ah!" Jonghyun exclaimed as I stood there, frozen. "Oh! Annyeong haseyo!" I greeted as I bowed.

 

"Hey, Jihyun! What's taking you so long? The hyungs are already eating----" he stopped when he saw who was at the door. "So? Aren't you gonna greet your sunbaes?" Key said as he snapped out. "Oh! Annyeong haseyo, sunbaenims." he bowed. "But..what brings you here?" he curious asked as he gave them a inquisitive look.

 

"We just passed by while we were on our way to the dorm, so we decided to pay you guys a visit, and we brought you a some cake." Jonghyun said as he showed us a red box. "Ohh, komawo, sunbae." Kai said as he took it from him.

 

"Hmm. Why don't you join us, we were just started awhile ago." I offered as they looked at each other. "Is it okay for you guys? We were just passing by." Onew said. "Ani! Come in! You can hang your coats in there, the boys are in the dining room right now, Onew ssi" I said as I took their coats for them. I motioned Kai to lead them as he did what he was told.

 

"So? How's your stay here?" I turned around and saw Taemin standing beside me. "Uhmm, so far, so great." I answered. "Oh, it seems like you're already comfortable living with twelve boys." he chuckled. "It'll take time to get used to it anyway." I stated as I giggled. "Yea, I feel you." he chuckled as I smiled at him. "Let's join the others, Taemin ssi." I said as we both headed to the dining area.

 

Taemin has a different aura right now. Something is definitely wrong. He's not flirting with me, or saying any cheesy pick-up lines. He's just...normal. Everyone greeted SHINee withwarm welcomes as they started to catch up with each other. I saw Taemin and Kai at the corner and it seems like they're talking something serious. I moved my attention towards the others as they started talking about some guy stuffs.

 

The place grew quiet all of a sudden when we heard Kai, who just shouted at his hyung. We all directed our gaze towards them as Kai looked at us furiously. He looked down as he raked his hair and sighed, "I'm just going to get some air." Taemin turned around as he scratched the back of his head. "It's okay guys, you can continue whatever you were doing."

 

I instantly ran out from the room when my brother called me. "Hey! Where are you going?" he shouted. "Somewhere. I'll be back. Just continue." I said as I went out of the dorm. I looked around and I saw no sign of Kai anywhere. "Where could he be?" After a few minutes, I saw him by the swing. I smiled as I slowly approached him. I sat on the other swing as I looked at Kai, staring from afar.

 

"I just wanted him to stop."

 

I looked at him with an inquring look as I asked, "Stop? Who?" He sighed as he picked up and a pebble and played with his hands. "Taemin hyung was always seen as a cute baby or a feminine guy. Since his debut, everybody looked up to him like that. They kept telling him that he's pretty, he suits himself as a girl, and he suits his long hair." he said. He chuckled, "They even need to talk him out so that they could give some extension on his hair for their new single."

 

"He told me that he's already tired of it, so he decided to be a man, especially since his turning 20 soon."he said. "And then what?" I asked. "Well, he started to flirt around with girls. He took them out in dates, he took their numbers and call them all night. Until, that bastard fell in love." The pebble started to fell from his hand as he sighed. "But, it seems like the girl was more of a player than him. Typical way to get heartbroken, saw her smmoching with another guy in a cafe." I looked down, feeling sorry for Taemin.

 

"He took two whole months for him to moved on. I thought he changed already, but he didn't." he said. "So, you're mad at him for still flirting with girls?" I asked. "Yea, it seems like he's still keeping up with the manly image. And don't fall for whatever he says, okay? I don't want you to end up getting hurt, too." he said as he looked at me. "Don't worry, I wasn't anyway." I answered.

 

"But, I'm just worried that he might get hurt again if he still continues this kind of act." he stated as he looked at the night sky. "That's why you always get cranky when Taemin talks to me." I chuckled as he nodded. "I'm just worried for my brestfriend." he said. "Yea, I know. I would do the same if I were you." I retorted.

 

"So, you two are here."

 

We both turned around and we found Taemin cooly standing there with his hands in his pocket. Kai hissed as he looked down. Taemin slowly walked towards us as I stood up. "Hmm. I better go now, they must be looking for me already." I said as I nodded at Kai. I bowed at Taemin as I ran off.

 

I just hope that those two could understand each other.