Chapter 1 : Hello High School!

I Don't Know If This Is Love

"I'm nervous, Soojin. What if I won't have friends? What am I gonna do during breaks? I know I can't go with you because you have your own friends already. Ah~ I really can't believe I'm in high school now." Sooyoung whined making her older sister, Soojin, laugh at her.

"Yah! Stop whining. You'll be fine, I guess. You just need to be friendly, okay?"

"You know me. I'm not sociable."

"Aish, it's your problem sis. If you don't wanna be a loner, don't be such a shy baby alright?"

"Alright, I understand.  Ah, I know. There's Yuri. Though we're not yet close, but she seem nice."

"Ah, Boa's sister. Hm.. But I think I'd love to see you being a loner, eating by yourself during lunch time." Soojin laughed, receiving a light slap on her right arm from her little sister.

"Yah! You're such meanie." The younger girl said while pouting.

"I was kidding! But seriously sis, you should make friends."

**********

"Yah, Sooyoung-ah!"

Sooyoung snapped out from her thoughts and looked at her sister who has now reunited with Kwon Boa, her classmate whom she had not seen for almost three months.

"Hi Sooyoung! I'm Boa, Soojin's classmate." Boa greeted her with a smile.

"Hello Boa unnie!" Sooyoung shyly replied.

"She knows you already.", said the older Choi.

"Really?"

"Yes, unnie always mention you."

"Well, I hope you enjoy your stay here in our school, Sooyoung." They exchanged smiles to each other.

Sooyoung was about to turn around already when someone tapped her shoulder.

"Hello Sooyoung! Do you remember me? It's Yuri." The tanned girl flashed her pearly whites at Sooyoung.

"Yuri! Of course, I remember you." She returned a friendly smile at the girl.

The ringing of the bell was then heard, so Sooyoung and Yuri had to separate from their unnies for they needed to go to their respective lines already. Each year level has two classes and both Sooyoung and Yuri managed to get into the first class of the freshmen. They slowly went to the line of the freshmen when someone caught Sooyoung's attention.

She looks pretty. I hope she's my classmate so we can be friends.

**********

Few weeks had passed, Sooyoung seems to have more friends now. She's almost friends with everyone in her class but she's still not comfortable with all of them. She's closest and most comfortable with Yuri since the girl was her first friend in high school. They're like best friends now just like their sisters.

"I'm so excited for our school's party for the newcomers next week!" Yuri said excitedly while shaking Sooyoung.

"Yah! Stop shaking me, KkabYul!" The taller girl said making the shorter girl stop shaking her.

"But aren't you excited?" The shorter girl asked.

"I am, but I don't think that we'll be really acquainted with the other students from different classes."

"Then, let's just enjoy the party with ourselves. But I hope we can be friends with other classes especially those freshmen from class 2." Yuri said putting her chin above her fist.

**********

The night of the party has come. The place, that was nicely decorated with colorful tables and balloons, gave off a warm welcoming feeling to the freshmen and transferees as well as to the old students. Each year level had prepared an intermission number to present that night. The program lasted for almost two hours followed by dinner.  After having their palatable meal, the emcee officially opened the dance floor that was swarmed by the students in no time.

Just like how they planned, Sooyoung and Yuri enjoyed themselves in the dance floor. They moved and grooved to the beat of the music and partied like there was no tomorrow until the sweet and slow song began to play. Many students left the dance floor and only lovers were left swaying to the melody of the sweet love song. The two didn't leave though. Instead, they also danced to the song.

"You know Sooyoung, I kinda pity us." Yuri suddenly spoke while her hands were on Sooyoung's neck and the latters' were on her waist.

"Because we don't have boyfriends?",asked the taller girl.

"Maybe you mean girlfriends. We're in an all-girls school, remember?" Yuri said making the taller girl stop and let go of her.

"So, you're saying you're into girls?" The taller girl asked though she was not really shocked. She expected this.

"Uh, yeah. Aren't you?" The shorter girl asked raising her right eyebrow.

"Well, uhm.. yeah. But I like boys too." Sooyoung shyly admitted making her cheeks turn into pink shades.

When the dance party has finally ended, the emcee asked the students to settle down because the face of the night was about to be announced.

"I hope you'll get chosen." Tiffany Hwang, their classmate with a nice pair of eyesmiles, said to Sooyoung before walking pass by her.

This surprised Sooyoung for she did not expect Tiffany to say that. They're not even close friends.. or friends. They were merely classmates. She didn't mind the girl though because she has someone in her mind that she was expecting to be announced as the face of the night. It was the girl whose beauty caught Sooyoung's attention during the first day, Sandara Park. Sooyoung found the girl really attractive but she doesn't consider her as her crush.

"The face of the night is..."

Sandara Park

"...Kim Taeyeon"

The result was not the same as she expected but she was still satisfied for it was Kim Taeyeon, one of her close friends. For Sooyoung, Taeyeon is the most beautiful in their class. It's just too bad because aside from Sooyoung, the teachers were the only one who recognized the girl's beauty.