Chapter 7

You're My Oppa: MBLAQ Edition

A/N: Here it is! The promised update, enjoy!


You made your way back to the front room and, after letting Tablo and the PD know that you had woken MBLAQ up, you looked for a place to sit and wait until you were officially introduce to your new (Well, at least for a few months, you thought) oppa-deuls.

The only problem was…

“Tablo-ssi?”

“Neh, Hye-Su?”

“…I can barely see the floor. Where should I sit?”

Tablo sighed as he looked around at the apartment before turning back to you. “I apologize, Hye-Su ah,” said the Epik High member. “When MNet planned to surprise the boys, we never expected that the dorm would be this…” The married man waved a hand in the air, as if trying to pull a word from the atmosphere itself. “I’m sorry, but there’s really nothing that can describe this level of disgusting,” he decided.

As much as you agreed, you didn’t want to seem negative right from the start. Instead you shook your head and smiled. “Aniyo, it’s not that bad!” you insisted. “I’ve seen worse.” Though that wasn’t quite true, there were a few kids at the orphanage who would let their rooms get almost as bad.

Just as Tablo was about to respond, you heard movement from the hallway behind you. Turning around, you saw the five MBLAQ members file out into the room looking as if they had only just gotten to sleep.

For all I know, they only just had, you thought as the members tried to form coherent thoughts. After all, what do I know about idol life? It’s not as if I ever pay any attention.

At that moment Tablo spoke up. “Well, since we’re all here now, how about we get started, hmm?” Turning to the main camera, the older idol pointed straight at the lens. “To all you watching at home, you’re probably wondering why we’re here with a teenage girl and a half-asleep MBLAQ in the boy’s dorm, right?” The main VJ moved the camera up and down to make it look like the viewer was nodding. “Well I’ll tell you now!” Tablo continued. “Due to the high demand of a second season of You Are My Oppa, MNet has decided to film another season starring MBLAQ and…”

Tablo trailed off and stepped aside, gently nudging you towards the boys (and, in effect, the two cameras that would film both you and the idol group from intersecting angles). Taking that as your cue, you bowed your head in greeting toward your new oppas. “Annyeonghaseyo, Kwon Hye-Su ibnida,” you introduced with a smile.

“The five of you will be acting as Hye-Su’s older brothers for the next few months,” Tablo told MBLAQ. “You will get her ready for school in the morning, help her with homework when she needs it… basically do all the things that older brothers should do.”

The next thing that Tablo said completely woke the idol group from their half asleep state. “Oh, before I forget, she’ll be living with you too.”

What?! Thought the five singers as their eyes opened wide in shock.

~*~

PD: How do you feel about gaining a yeodongsaeng through the show?

Joon: I’m so excited! I’m the youngest in my family, and I’ve always wanted a dongsaeng so I could have someone look up to me. You know? Like “Look how cool my oppa is~”

That kind of feeling…

~*~

PD: Your new yeodongsaeng is at the age to be dating. Do you think that, as her brother, you’ll have to protect her from any over excited namja-chingu hopefuls?

Thunder: Maybe… Byunghee-hyung?

~*~

PD: …

G.O: … *covers his face with one hand and gives an awkward laugh*

{Caption: G.O… we know you’ve dated a lot, but you wouldn’t… right?}

~*~

“Okay, since this room is a bit too…” Tablo trailed off again, trying to find a word that wouldn’t offend MBLAQ or their fans. “Um… cluttered, for us all to sit down and do self introduction time, how about I take Hye-Su down to your practice studio. You five get ready and meet us down there. Sound good?”

A still semi-tired MBLAQ nodded in agreement. You, Tablo, and half of the cameras walked out the door and the two of you got in the backseat of the main PD’s van. “Is it alright that I’m not getting to know them on the way there?” you asked the Epik High member as the van pulled out into the street.

“It’s fine!” Tablo reassured you. “Besides, the PD wanted them to share their first impressions of you on the way there.”