Chapter 9

You're My Oppa: MBLAQ Edition

AN: In celebration of Independance Day, as well as Dujun (B2ST) and Hanbyul's (LED Apple) birthdays, here's another chapter. 

Also, in celebration of passing 500 views, I'm going to be doing some shout-outs at the end of the chapter to anyone who has subscribed, reviewed and/or upvoted by this chapter (posted July 4th, 2013).

Remember to review for each chapter, even if it's just to tell me where I can improve. Enjoy this update of You're My Oppa: MBLAQ Edition!


[IN THE VAN]

It had already been three minutes and MBLAQ still hadn’t said a word.

{Caption: Aish, these boys. We made you ride together for a reason.}

Suddenly the leader received a text from the assistant PD. After reading it he remained silent for another moment before speaking up. “So, what do you guys think of Hye-Su ssi?” asked Seung-Ho.

{Caption: “Hye-Su ssi”? She’s supposed to be your dongsaeng…}

“I think she’s cute!” exclaimed the main dancer with a wide smile from his place in the back of the van. “Everyone is going to be jealous over how adorable our new dongsaeng is~”

G.O looked back at his nam-dongsaeng. “Careful, Joon, your 4D is showing,” remarked the vocal before looking back out the window.

“…YAH!”

Thunder, who was unfortunate enough to also be sitting in the back in between Lee Joon and Mir, sighed in annoyance as he covered his ears. “Byung-Hee hyung,” he began. “We all know you aren’t a morning person, but could you at least not pick fights with us?” Before G.O or Joon could respond, the second youngest MBLAQ member shifted his focus to Seung-Ho. “We really didn’t have much time to form a bond, but at least she seems polite enough.”

Seung-Ho reached across the middle seat and tapped his fellow ’87-liner on the shoulder. “How about you, Byung-Hee?” the panda-eyed leader asked the agitated vocalist.

G.O sighed. “Well, at least she didn’t freak out or faint or anything like that, right?” he answered without moving his gaze from the window.

There was a chorus of agreements from all the members… except one. “Maknae, what do you think?” Seung-Ho called to the backseat where Mir sat in a daze. The youngest MBLAQ member replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

~*~

PD: Why did you not tell the others your opinions about your new dongsaeng?

Mir: I was tired, I guess…

~*~

The leader looked at the main camera. “I haven’t really formed an opinion yet, but in the short time we’ve known each other Hye-Su ssi hasn’t done anything to make us uncomfortable. We’ll all have a better opinion tomorrow, I’m sure.”

Just then the van began to pull over and the assistant PD waved to get the boys attention. “We’re here.”

~*~

You and Tablo were sitting on the floor of the dance studio, just talking comfortably about your regular life. The two of you were told that all of the cameras were off, but the PD had one still filming. He was planning to put the footage in the first episode, thinking that after all the hate comments and anti fans Infinite’s yeo-dongsaeng received that the production crew should try to get you some sympathy early on in the show.

“So, what do your parents think about you doing the show?” Tablo asked you, honestly curious. Even though he had recruited you for the show, he was not allowed to see any of the forms you had filled out or able to be present for your interviews. However, the main PD— who was listening in while overseeing some of the crew set up the lighting fixtures—flinched, knowing the answer to that question.

“My Mrs. Kwon thinks that this is a great opportunity,” you answered. “She’s very happy for me.”

The Epik High member gave you a confused look. “You call your mother ‘Mrs. Kwon’?”

“Aniyo,” you answered with a shake of your head. “Mrs. Kwon is the caretaker at the orphanage I live at. We just happen to have the same surname.”

“Ah… miahne…” The studio became silent for a minute or two until Tablo spoke up again. “What’s it like there, at the orphanage? Do you like it?”

You smiled. “Neh! We’re all like one big family there. Mrs. Kwon’s the umma, I’m the unnie, and the others are my precious dongsaengs!” Your expression softened as you thought of the kids at the orphanage. “I’m going to miss them.”

Tablo patted your head. “Cheer up! It’s only for a little while, right?”

Just then one of the assistants ran in. “They’re here!”

Tablo stood up, then pulled you to your feet. “Okay, Hye-Su. Time to get to know your new oppas.”


So, what'cha think? Now that that's done, on to the shout-outs!

HwangAhYoung: You were my 5th subscriber and the very first (and so far only) person to upvote my story. *spreads arms* Can I just hug you? Come on, INTERNET HUG!

myoongu: My 3rd subscriber and you also left the first TWO, yes, TWO comments on this fic. For you I have pixel cookies *hands pixel plate of pixel cookies*

hyorins-xual: My 4th subscriber and the 2nd person to comment! Also the only person to wish me luck. *internet hug*

Dani_L: My 3rd commenter! You still havent subscribed yet, but I still have hope!

Bunjai: The next person to comment, and one of my lovely subbies! in response to your review, it was Joon who asked Thunder to save him a few chapters back ^^

Fan-Gull: THEY'RE MY FAVORITES TOO!!!!! Thanks for commenting, I await the day that you will subscribe!

bambampattanan: I'm glad I can grant your wish! (sowoneul malhaebwa~) Can you grant mine and become a loyal subbie? *puppy dog eyes*

jaydeetea: I'm glad that you think I did well with the interviews! (I was nervous posting it...) Thank you for subbing and commenting!

sooinlovewithyou: Yay! I'm happy that you like it, I hope you continue too! Thanks for subbing and commenting~

sweethazebrownies: I'm glad you think it really fells like a tv show! I'll keep trying hard to do well ^^ Thanks for commenting and subscribing!

And to my other subscribers: Mblaqjjang  ~*~  OtakuJKpopLover  ~*~  firelily002  ~*~  chasqtercloude27  ~*~  IvSock  ~*~  filteredskies  ~*~  kpopmanda  ~*~  HinaInuzuka  ~*~  tine_ann  ~*~  mirmiracle

And a very big shout out to this story's first subscriber: NovenTaem