Chapter 3

You're My Oppa: MBLAQ Edition

You were walking home, thinking about all that had happened earlier at the MNet building. The mystery man had introduced himself as Tablo and, while the name seemed vaguely familiar, you just couldn’t place it.

Anyway, Tablo had told you that MNet was currently interviewing girls from ages 15 to 18 to cast the roll of MBLAQ’s younger sister in an upcoming variety show, You Are My Oppa: MBLAQ Edition, and you would be perfect for the show. When you asked him why, he told you that most of the girls trying out for You Are My Oppa were fans of MBLAQ and most likely would either act like a star-struck fan or flirt with the members during filming.

 

“You, however, obviously aren’t a fan of kpop in general,” Tablo said as the two of you stood in front of the MNet building. “That much is clear considering she didn’t even recognize me,” he muttered as an afterthought.

“Hm? What was that last part?” I asked. “I couldn’t quite hear…”

Tablo smiled. “Oh, it’s nothing! Anyway, if you did the show, you would live with MBLAQ for 3 to 4 months and act as their dongsaeng. They would take care of you, you would be fed, and all of your living expenses would be taken care of. Your normal life, such as friends, school and such would stay the same other than the fact that you would have a camera following you most of the time.”

“I don’t know,” you said. “I still have my job. I have to help support my family.”

“Oh, that’s what I was forgetting! Of course you would be paid for your time.”

You looked at him. “Paid? How much?”

“About 600,000₩ for each episode you shoot.”

 

You had nearly fainted at hearing the large number, quickly realizing that you made about that much in 2 months at the café. You had numbly taken Tablo’s business card and begun your walk back to work.

You stopped as you suddenly remembered where you knew Tablo from. A few of the older kids at the orphanage had kpop posters in their rooms with him and two other guys on them. They’re in some group, what was it? Something High? You groaned in frustration as you tried to remember all those times your dongsaengs had tried to tell you about their favorite groups. And who was MBLAQ? I know that I’ve heard of them, I just can’t remember…

“Unnie!” “Noona!”

You looked up and realized that you had already made it back to the orphanage. You saw the twins, Hana and Hyun-Su, smiling brightly at you from one of the windows on the second floor. You waved before rushing inside.

“Hana! Hyun-Su! Where are you guys?” You called as you dropped your bag by the front door.

You heard the twins running down the stairs. You walked over to the staircase and were almost run over by the two 16 year olds. They stood up and smiled at you. “Hye-Su unnie,” began Hana. “How was work?”

The three of you walked over to your room. “It was… interesting,” you said as you opened your bedroom door, revealing a plain pale blue room with a small bed, wardrobe and desk as the only pieces of furniture. You and Hana sat on your bed while Hyun-Su sat in your desk chair. “A lot of stuff happened today…”

The twins exchanged a glance. “Like what, noona?” asked Hyun-Su.

“Well, I think I met one of those guys from that group you like so much, Hyun-Su. What was his name?” It was times like these that you hated your terrible memory. “Table? Tablet? No, that’s not right–”

“YOU MET TABLO!?” Hye-Su shouted, making both you and his sister cringe.

“Yeah, that was it,” you answered. “He asked me if I wanted to be on some new show starring someone called… MBLAQ?” Hana gasped, making you look at her. That’s when the metaphorical light bulb went off. “That’s why the name sounded so familiar. Hana, don’t you really like them?” She nodded.

You stood up and began to pace the room. “Hmm… Maybe I should accept the offer. This Tablo guy said I’d get paid well, and maybe I can get Hana a meeting with MBLAQ.” Hana looked like she was about to faint at the very thought.

You sat back down on the bed and looked back and forth between the twins. “So, what do my favorite dongsaengs think of me becoming a TV star?”


So, how's chapter number 3? I personally liked this one but, hey, that's just me XD

I'll most likely update again later today with MBLAQ's first appearance. *happy dance*

Um, what else.... Right, last thing. 600000 won is equal to about $550 USD. Remember to review!!!