The promenade night (Part 2)

Promenade

As I hang here, starring at the current scene happening, someone came poking my back. I quickly spun my head around only to see Raekyu, my classmate and has his lips spreads widely on a grin.

 

Raekyu was the joker of our class. He seems not to have any problems on his life hence seeing him everyday with a smile or laughing with everyone. And it seems like everyone is enjoying his company, even me who was a social outcast.

 

At times when he sees me doing nothing at all when lunch break comes, he came down talking with me, telling random jokes; even though I knew sometimes that he's getting a hard time thinking of some interesting or humorous conversation. But there wasn't any time that were awkward with each other, he's a type of person whom you can talk comfortably.

And he's always been like that with everyone. 

 

Even though I'm happy to see Raekyu, I had this small dissappointment stitch inside of me. Actually, I find myself to be rude to felt that way. But what can I do? Nobody can control your own feelings, it just came just like that. And the reason for my dissappointment was I actually expecting for someone for me to dance.

 

I knew he was just here to entertain me. And even though he would offer me to dance, I knew he just doesn't want me to be lonely. I knew it because as I was observing the people dancing around, I noticed Raekyu entertaining some of our classmates, even offering them to dance for the sake of them not being lonely. He was that thoughtful to do anything.

 

He snapped my thoughts with his hands, I hastily shook all my thoughts.

 

"You seem to be deep in thought, huh."

"Uhh, a little bit. So, how's life?" 

"Well, still handsome as what I'm already is." He then wipe his jawline and squinted his eyes in a humurous manner. I admit he kinda looks horrible on what he did so it cracked me up so bad.

"See, you're smiling! Wanna dance?" He scratch his head in embarassment. I just chuckle on his acts. He then open his palms to took my hands. We both stood up and went on the center.

 

Dancing with Raekyu, felt like we were not friends; full of awkwardness. And it's different when I'm with him talking on the classroom; it's certainly different although we both knew we weren't have any affectionate feelings for each other.. it's just that this was absolutely awkward.

 

After what seems like forever, I can hear the music changed it's rhythm to a fast dancing song indicating that we both had to stop dancing. I secretly blew a sigh, relieved that all my awkwardness will come to an end already. I detached my hands on his arms and smiled.

 

"It was great dancing with you!" He shrieked with a silly peace sign. 

"Although, it's a little bit awkward." I admitted but he just starred at me with a baffled face. I just laughed nervously. He then wave a goodbye before we took steps apart. 

 

----

 

I then get back on my seat awhile ago. Hyunki still wasn't on her seat. And the other also did. It seems like I was again alone on my own lonely seat. I removed my shoe which just makes my foot ache and lay down my head on the table to get a good nap, out of this world.

 

It didn't get me to sleep that easily, the fast music became the hindrance to my sleep. I forced myself to sleep but it wasn't that easy. I decided to drink the water infront of me, resulting to not doing anything. Again, the music changed to slow music and couples again were in sight. I yawn, getting bored little by little.

 

Someone came nodging me again. I assume it was RaeKyu again.

 

"Raekyu, why don't you sit? I know you're also bored." I utter, not even looking who might be the person.

"Getting bored, huh?" I noticed the voice wasn't Raekyu's voice so I spun around only to see that I was wrong. 

 

Instead, it was Nam Woohyun.

 

It shock me into pieces. I don't see the idea why he's here. I awkwardly starred at him but he just laughed at my actions. This was strange. He sat next to me, sending me chills down to my spine. I then glance faraway, enable not to show how nervous am I right now.

 

"Why don't you face me?"

"Uhhh, hi.. hi there classmate!" I randomly spit out and it did guffawed him out. I don't  know why he kept on laughing at my reactions, but he clearly doesn't have the idea how do I felt right now. It's awkwardness mixed with nervousness. He stood his feet up and I assume he was walking away. It suddenly gives me a relief, all my nervousness should be gone by now.

 

"Shall we dance?" He asked, clarrifying that all my thoughts were wrong. I just thought that he will go away but look at him now, offering me to dance. I pointed at myself, quite bewildered. He again chuckled at my reaction.

"Yes, you." He nodded with his captivated smile.

 

I found myself melting on his smile but I was trying hard to hide it from him. He open his palms, waiting for my hand to place it on him. But I didn't quickly stood up, I forgot that I still doesn't wear my shoes so I wear it first before standing up.

 

I just chuckled in embarassment but it seems like he doesn't mind it at all. Instead, he just kept on chuckling at every motion I do. After a matter of seconds, I awkwardly place my hand to his'. And I can feel that my hands were cold due to nervousness.

 

We walked going to the center but at the moment we were on the center, I just stood there without any response. I just don't know if I should do this. He came closier to me then starred at me but I just looked away.

 

"Are you nervous?" He asked, full of concern. But my mouth didn't took an effort to respond out of nervousness. 

 

He took the initiative to place my hands on his arms which shocked me a bit. Then he placed his hands on my waist, and it makes my heart to palpitate. He gazed at me as if she was stunned, but I was trying hard to avoid his gazes. I know he did this not only to me, but with some girls. I've been observing the people who's dancing whole throughout.

 

We were now both on the center with other couple dancing, the song suddenly plays into a slow music. It suddenly felt like I was on movies, every people on the side was in a blur and the people infront of me was the only people in a clear vision.

 

And by that time, I can already relate on some couples on how do they feel like they were just two people on the world. It only differs that I'm not having any affectionate feelings for Woohyun. I wonder if Hyunki felt this way right now with Kai? Like all was in a blur.

 

He randomly chuckled out of nowhere.

 

"Are you alway been like this?" He asked in a sudden.

"Uuhh.. excuse me? What do you mean?"

"Always beautiful." 

 

I can hear my heart vibrating but I don't like him to see my reactions right now so my eyes popped big, concealing the fact that my heart flutters. But then, he again chuckled. 

 

"Can.. can I ask you something?" I stuttered with my words. 

"Hmm?" He answered in a soothing voice. 

"Why.. why do you always laugh at my reactions?" I awkwardly spit out. It takes a matter of seconds before he answer, I assumed he was struggling hard to choose his words.

"Because your reactions make you cute." He simply responded. It left me speechless.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm just telling the truth." He hastily told me. I just nodded.

"Now, it's my turn to ask." 

"Go ahead." And the awkwardness I felt slowly fades little by little.

"Why aren't you talking with many people? I mean, I only see you talking with Hyunki and Raekyu. It seems like you're shy all the time." He sincerely asked. It didn't take me to answer easily, I just don't know what to answer.

"Oh sorry, I'm just curious. It's ok if--" I cut him off with my statement.

"I don't know, maybe I just felt awkward when many people around." I truthfully respond.

"Oh, is that so? So, maybe you can count me as your friend now." He replied. I gaze at him in bewilderment. 

"It's ok if you--" I again cut him off.

"Ok, were friends now!" I smiled. He looked away and seems to be thinking something. He again gaze back at me.

"Really? Now, my friend list is getting bigger!" He happily proclaimed, then I just chuckled.

"You really love having many friends at you, huh." 

"How do you know?"

"I just observed it. I love observing things."

"Now, that's another fact from you. You love observing things." He smiled, gaining the same response from me. 

 

After awhile, the slow music has it's turn to end. And it's a sign that we should stop dancing right now. All of a sudden, I felt that I got a little dissappointed when I realized that we should stop right now. And I don't even know why I felt that. 

 

"It was nice dancing with you!" He smiled, which also the same response from me. We both part ways but I suddenly realized something.. the necklace I took awhile ago that I assume that the owner was one of his friends. 

 

"Wait!" I whooped. He turn around.

"I forgot, I have something to give to you." I informed.

"What is it?"

"Can you stay still? It's on my bag there!" 

"Alright." 

 

I run with a fast pace going to my seat, I can hear his chuckles getting lower everytime I took inches step away from him. When the moment I'm already back at my seat, I hastily searched for the necklace. Not until long that I found it inside my bag then hastily took steps going back to the spot where I left Nam Woohyun.

 

I stood at the spot to found out that I was wrong. Woohyun wasn't here anymore. I glanced faraway, searching for any signs of him. I found him already back with his friends and I assumed they had a humurous topic since I saw them cracking up so bad. I took a deep sigh to my dismay. I don't have the guts to intrude their moment so I went back at my place.

 

Few moments later, the party finally comes to an end. Offcourse, as expected, many students felt dissappointed and the feeling of 'wanting for some more' since the party for them was short enough not to suffice their wants. 

 

I took a sigh, allowing myself to relax. Hyunki and Kai together with their interlaced hands and smiles walked through my direction. I glance at the ground enable for me not to see the scene I knew that will lead me to feel the familiar pang. Hyunki screamed for my name then it instantly made me turn to face her but avoid Kai's appearance.

 

"Did you find your date?" She excitedly started.

"Uh.. I think we should get going." I replied, avoiding the topic. I don't want to declare stories especially I knew that someone is here. I'll just talk about it to her in private. She read the time with her pink watch on her wrist then starred sadly at Kai.

"Oppa, Jisoo is right. We should get going, it's getting late." She uttered with her worried eyes. Kai tigthtened his grip on Hyunki.

"Babe, can you stay still for awhile?" He asked it with his aegyo puppy eyes. If I could just be on Hyunki's place, I'll definitely pinch his cheeks right now. Hyunki caressed his cheeks before putting a smile on her face.

"Aish, oppa!! You know, I can't resist with your aegyo! You really know what my weakness is!!" She chirped, her hands on her waist. Kai just chuckled then starred at me for the first time ever on my life. I felt my heartbeats raised on his gaze.

"Jisoo, if you want, you can go home already. I think we'll spend some time first. Sorry about that." Kai apologized. When I heard his deep voice, I couldn't even let myself to say no.

"Uh uh.. Al.. alright!" I stummered with a loud voice, I cover my mouth when I realized my actions.

"Thank you Jisoo-ah! You're the best best friend in the whole wide world!!" Hyunki hugged me.

"Offcourse." I ended up with a sarcasm.

 

Few seconds later, they both locked hands with each other. I watched them being so lovey dovey while walking while their retrieving figure slowly getting fuzzy. And I was left here with my foot still aching. I sat first before texting my umma to fetch me here. 

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

Notes

Guys, I changed the font since I thought the font was cute for it :D I hope you understand :)