Start of a friendship.

Promenade

I strode the hallways hastily, slightly rushing to get on time when classes starts. Monday. The word you can't get rid off. The word that you may find yourself panicking to rush on things. The word that meant the start of a new plain week, atleast for me.

 

But then it has alway been a habit for me to went unto the canteen to grab some strawberry milk before going to class. I peered in to the glass of canteen to check if the queue is long or not. I formed my fist unto a ball and happily smiled when I saw that nobody were on the line. I rushly stood on the very front and the canteen lady instantly discerned me. 

 

"Strawberry milk, I know you Jisoo." The canteen women smiled since she knew already what I was ordering for. She had known me since I always go here every morning. I then chuckled then dug on my pocket to get my wallet. She gestured her hands as if she was cleaning a window on the air, my eyebrow slightly furrowed in bewilderment.

"I mean, you don't have to pay. Someone came here and paid for a strawberry milk but pleaded me to give it to you when you come." She explained. I just nodded in understanding.

"But, did the person said his or her name?" 

"No. He just walked off after saying it to me." She answered. It made me more confused. I then shook all my thoughts, maybe it was just Hyunki since she knew I always drink strawberry milk every morning.

 

She handed me the strawberry milk in a box and the straw then genuinely smiled. 

 

"Thank you." I mumbled with gratitude. I popped the straw on the milk box then sip with delight. This was alwaysbeen my favorite. I walked going to my classroom afterwards.

 

When I finally reached the classroom, I saw Hyunki talking with Kai. It made me slightly to feel agitated to see them together although I'm aware that this feelings are wrong. I avoid to see the scene by straightly walking inside. 

 

"Jisoo-ah!" Hyunki bawled, I turn to face her and to see a pouting Hyunki. 

"You didn't greet me and walked off just like that!" She vociferated in a jokingly manner. I just chuckled then came nearer to her.

"It's because I allowed you to spend time with him." I whisper near her ears then awkwardly starred at Kai, emphasizing the fact that it was him who I was referring to. Her head nodded then a smile crept upon her lips.

"Thank you!" She chirped. I just smiled in response, though it was quite force because I still felt the pain inside. I entered inside the classroom then went on my seat before placing some of my books on my table. I grab a novel from my bag to do something while waiting for the teacher to come.

 

I starred infront to check if whether the teacher already came but what got me startled the most is that someone is waving at me which was very rare.

 

It was Nam Woohyun sitting with his friends while waving on me together with his smile.

 

I guess were already friends by now since the prom night. I wave back at him with a smile. He came back talking with his friends, I came back on reading my novel too while depleting the remaining juice of my strawberry milk.

 

---

 

It was finally lunch time, both Hyunki and I had finished eating our meals. As we came back on the classroom, she excuse herself to meet with Kai. Sometimes, I wonder how it feels when you meet your love on lunchtime? 

 

The moment I stood infront of the doorframe of our classroom, someone waved enthusiastically at me which I find it rare. It was again Nam Woohyun.

 

"Oh hi there friend!" He was alone with no one to accompany with.

"Hi.. friend?" I reluctantly greeted. I somehow felt that it was a greeting. He chuckled whole-heartedly.

"Aren't we friends?"

"Oh, I just find it rare." I honestly revealed what I felt. 

"Are you out for a walk? You know, some burn-fat method." He offered though I was hesitant at first but was able to keep it on myself only but since I consider him already as friends, I nodded in agreement.

 

We took a step going to gazeebo, though I admit the atmosphere was rather awkward. I understand it since were still newly-friends. 

 

"Where's Hyunki by the way?" He started the conversation. It took me seconds to answer.

"She's with .. Kai." The gloominess on my tone is clearly heard on my sentence.

"Oh, you sound gloomy when you said it. Is something wrong?" He asked with an obviously tone of worry.

"I don't know if I could open this up to you but--" My sentence was cut off by him.

"I understand that we knew each other just newly but friends starts on open conversation, right?" 

"Thanks, you're the next person I can open with." 

"So, what about it? I mean the Kai thing." 

"He's Hyunki's boyfriend but.. he's also my ex-crush." My tone saddened. He fell silent for awhile, must be thinking something.

"Did Hyunki knew he was you crush?" He suddenly asked after the silence. I nodded.

"And you know how it feels when you see them together, being all sweet and stuff. I couldn't even straightly look at them." I felt a small teardrop rolled on my eyes. He came patting my back as my sobs getting subtle.

 

We remained like that on a matter of minutes. I didn't mind crying infront of him, he seems to be a lucid thinker who understand every people he talks to. It wasn't late when I realized that my head lay on his shoulders, I noticed his uniform getting wet from my tears. I then rose up but my sobs are getting little.

 

"Thank you, really. It helps me feel better. I haven't really open this up to anyone." 

"It's not a bother, you can talk to me if you feel your grief can't be handle anymore." 

"Thank you. I simply mumbled.

 

We walked back going to the classroom.

 

"So, Hyunki is already there and Infinite are also wating for me. Talk to you next time!" He said, I then nodded. We both enter the classroom then walk unto our own peers before the ring bells for a start of a class.

 

---

 

The whole week was a very new week for me. I wasn't even expected it for it to come out like that. During lunch time, Woohyun would talk to me about random things we would share.  

Sometimes, I would be talking about a novel I have red. He just kept on listening to me though I knew he doesn't have any idea even a single bit of it. It seems that he's not getting bored, I even didn't saw him complaining though I know he wasn't fond of novels. When it's his turn to share something, he would be talking about a rock song or pop song he's been listening for a week. And as a return, I tried to listen. 

 

And whole throughout the week, I became comfortable talking with him and consider him as one of my few friends. And I actually like it when I talked to him because it helps me to forget about Kai, little by little. One morning, fangirls swoon over him on the hallways which goes like this..

 

"Woohyun oppa!! Marry me!!"

"Oppa is mine!!"

"Yah, what are you saying? Oppa is mine!!"

 

The three girls argue over him. Afterwards, they started pulling hairs and yelling at each other intensely. Not only them, some other girls around them started to fight over him. And you can say, it was chaotic. Finally, Woohyun-sshi came down stopping them which makes the girls even more swoon.

 

"Hey stop it! Do you think this will make me glad?!" He yelled with his fierce eyes. 

 

The girls shut silent. They didn't realized it just making him depressed. The girls then started walking off, quite disconcerted about what just happened. Meanwhile, I stood infront of the lockers, watching the whole scene while sipping on my strawberry milk. Finally, after seeing the girls were gone, I came down to him then approached him.I laughed, making him turn to face me. 

 

"Are you ok?" I worriedly say. He didn't took an effort to answer, but just starred on me.

"Judging from you looks, it's looks like it isn't."

"I'm just tired at them." He sighed then walked forward. I then understand that he's depressed so I stop asking him questions anymore then followed his pace going to our classroom.

 

On lunchtime, he signalled for me to go for a walk. We again walked going to our usual spot, the gazeebo. I noticed him sipping some  strawberry milk I always sip every morning.

 

"Oh, that's my favorite!" I pointed out on his drink.

"I know, that's why I bought it."

"What do you mean?"

"I meant, this reminds me of you." He simply uttered. I starred at him a couple of seconds before getting on the point why I'm here.

"So, why did you call me?"

"I'm just tired with those girls. It's like I didn't have peaceful life with them around." He complained.

"Woohyun-sshi, don't say that. I think, you should be more proud. I mean, look at me. Only few people knew me. I don't think someone would ever court me because they barely knew me. Unlike you, only with your looks, you can make them fall inlove with you."

"I wonder why you weren't like those girls?"

"I don't know, maybe I wasn't like that. I'm just being me, and being me isn't like that." 

"You said that with my looks, I can make them fall inlove me, right?" He asked, I nodded.

"Then, why is there exception on you?" He asked while looking away, looking at the air. I gazed at him in confusing look. Why is he asking me like this? It took me seconds to answer, but then I became nervous.

"Because were friends." I stated with a matter-of-fact tone.

"You sure you only treat me as friend?" 

 

I again starred at him, carefully comprehending his face. I really don't get why he's asking me like this. I stood up, avoiding the topic. He seized up my hand then starred at me intensely.I tried escaping his grip but he's too persistent. Finally, after few trials, I unhooked my hands with him.

 

"I really don't get why you're asking me this!" I walked off without minding my steps. He shrieked for some words I struggled to hear.

 

"Jisoo-ah!! I'm sorry!" His words are getting distinct and it made me realized that he is just few steps from me. I spun around to see him. But then, he hugged me all of a sudden. My eyes popped big on his actions. 

 

"Jisoo-ah, I'm sorry I shouldn't asked you like that. You're different from them, you're special. I shouldn't compared you to them." He apologized while caressing my hair. I became speechless, oblivious on what I'm going to do next It's my first time someone had called me special. I felt my heart hummering and felt a thump inside. We stayed like this and felt like forever until the bell rang, signalling for us to stop this.

 

I stared darkly at him then walked off, leaving him. I'm completely confused right now.