Confession

Promenade

*Author's POV*

 

Woohyun met up with his friends at a cafe near the place where he will be meeting with Jisoo. They all sat comfortably, chatting with each other sipping on their ice old drinks. Finally, a member spoke up, aiming to begin a topic.

 

"Hyung, you're really serious?" Myungsoo asked on his Woohyun hyung who sat beside him. 

"What do you mean?" Woohyun interrogated, not really getting what he's pointing out.

"I mean, Jisoo-ah." Myungsoo seriously replied.

"Yep, and I'm gonna confess to her tonight here." 

"Man! Are you kidding me? You confessing to someone like her? This is not so you, bro!" Sunggyu exclaimed.

"You have fever bro!!" Sungjong placed his hands on his Woohyun hyung's forehead. Woohyun flinched by his touch then immediately removed it from his own forehead.

"What did you just call me? Bro?" Woohyun wiggled his brows.

"I said hyung!!" Sungjong quickly answered, gaining laughs from his hyungs. The conversation then broads up, enjoying each other's company.

 

---

 

Finally, the time came. It was already the time where he would be meeting with Jisoo. The time where he plans to confess. He had planned everything, from roses to surpises, just to suffice he thinks what she wants. He blew a sigh, the roses on her hands were getting cold by his cold nervous hands. He wasn't really sure what might be Jisoo's reaction on his sudden confession.

 

The place was outside of a cafe, the candles were lit against the dim night. It was part of his surprise. Finally after some moments, a figure had shown, increasing his enthusiasm. It was Jisoo who's walking going to his direction. Everytime her step goes closer, his heart uncontrollably raised. It was like he couldn't see anything but just her.

 

But there was one thing he find strange on her face. Her whole face was sullen. Woohyun almost thought that she didn't like this whole surprise.

 

"You didn't like it?" He asked. It tooks merely seconds for her to answer.

"It's beautiful." There was a gloominess on her tone.

"Looks like you're not on the mood right now."

"I don't know maybe I'm just tired. You'll be saying something, right?"

 

Woohyun got disappointed, about her not being so appreciative about his surprise. He pushed his thoughts away and heaved a sigh. Finally, it's the time for him to confess. He stepped closer to her, gazing straightly at her eyes. Jisoo looked away, feeling uneasy about the stare. He held her hands and make her face to him.

 

"Jisoo-ah, listen. I--I." He stuttered, failed on his first attempt. But then, he tried once more.

"Jisoo-ah, I didn't expect that this will happen. But I really like you." Finally, the weight he carried inside came out. He carefully starred at her, waiting for her response. She looked away, glancing at the floor instead of him. 

 

She turned to face him but Woohyun can see tears on the side of her eyes. She untangled her hands from him then starred at him intensely.

 

"Happy? Winning the bet? Winning a 1000 won?"Her voice were crack, and her words wasn't pronounce as normally as it is. It was as if she was struggling to speak through her tears. 

"What do you mean?"

"How could you do this to me? I already knew all about it! The bet? 1000 won? Congratulations, you just gain your victory!" She uttered, wiping the tears continously falling from her eyes. Woohyun finally grasped the idea she's been saying. The bet. He seized her hands from his then wipe her tears with his own hands. 

"Jisoo-ah, listen! You have to hear me out."

"No! I'm not going to believe to your lies anymore!" She yelled. Woohyun suddenly embraced her but Jisoo kept on refusing by hitting his chest.

"No! No! I'm not falling for you!" Her tears falls on Woohyun's shirt.

"Jisoo-ah, listen!" He caressed her hair continously. Finally, Jisoo released from his grip then gazed at his eyes.

"No!" Was her words before turning around to run away.

 

Woohyun attempted to catch her but it's too late. Jisoo dropped something from her bag and it was a necklace resembles an number 8 which was actually his necklace on the ground. He was left with the roses falling from his hands. He just lost the one he love even though their relationship didn't even started, all because of that bet.

 


 

Notes

Hello guys! I really enjoyed writting this one though I know only few are reading, hehe. But don't worry! This isn't still the end, there's still few more chapters :D